Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#2011 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Let's see, I guess I'd say: "I'm sorry that I traded in games after being enthusiastically encouraged to do so by your employees and then went over an undisclosed and arbitrary trigger point. I will never do it again even though I don't know what it is that I am not supposed to do". I guess it is worth a shot ;).

Exactly! Just say it with confidence, and you're set. Plus mention you're a silver rz member too if you are. Nothing to lose man.

#2012 htz

htz

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

My best buy only scans my driver's license, if I have to give them my fingerprint, I won't even bother trading in.

#2013 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

I traded in 3 mw3 on each console last month... And 3 xbox360 skyrims and I haven't seen a ban yet... I'm also pretty sure I've hit and surpassed the 50 limit since march, and still going. Going to trade 2 uc3 in at once today and pokemon black (from target dsi bundle)
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#2014 RUAfraidOfTigers

RUAfraidOfTigers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Target -> BB

gs and bb after title are if you're able to pm them at target
t is target
Format is screwy cause I copied this from my excel.

title price tiv
NS: The Run 0 11 or 12 uc3 10 18.0 me3 gs 20 24.0 sonic 360 t 10 16.0 mod vita t 10 16.0 Bl i P 360 t 10 16.0 tiger 13 bb 20 22.0 nick dance 360 t 10 15.0 sh hd col bb 10 14.0 ProEvoSocer12 360 t 10 14.0 dis uni 360p3 t 10 13.0 rayman origins 360 t 10 13.0 MotionsprtsAd 360 t 10 13.0

I flip them all tonight except for: me3, tiger 13, sh, pe soccer 12, and the last 2.

what are you trying show trade value differnces or flips?

#2015 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

^ I think TIV. I would like to know how he got ME3 for $20.

#2016 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Probably price matched GS price at target, and used $20 off coupon would be my guess
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#2017 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

If a game is not listed on the sight does that mean that it can't be traded in yet?
I'm considering trading in Prototype 2 - or at least wanting a value for it.

Will call a store when they open today to see what they say.
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#2018 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

mass effect 3 for $20 day on release. i wish i did it but i got c.e.
$20 g.c. if preordered and gcu, then $40 price match like 2 weeks ago, so $20 on release day.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2019 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

If a game is not listed on the sight does that mean that it can't be traded in yet?
I'm considering trading in Prototype 2 - or at least wanting a value for it.

Will call a store when they open today to see what they say.

They usually don't start listing games to trade until about a week or so after it comes out.

I know they didn't list Witcher 2 until just the other day.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2020 dealsthatkills

dealsthatkills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Had a successful trade in to confirm that my ban was removed. Although for some reason I didn't get the 10% bump for GCU. It was a dollar difference anyways.

Quick question though, don't the trade in papers usually have our name and info on them? My trade in papers didn't.

Does your banned account still come up in the system at the store? After my ban was removed several months ago, my original account still comes up in the store even though it doesn't exist online. Basically, I have two accounts show uo when they search for mine in the store, the banned one and the working one. I was told this was because it was a separate system and there is no way to remove the original account from the store's database. Is this true or a likely story? I haven't traded since January because it always takes 30+ minutes to get the right stuff to pull up. I have a couple uncharted 3's, ME3's, and MW3's to trade in so I am going in today again after a 4 month leave from CAG(to stop spending so much damn money!)

#2021 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Does your banned account still come up in the system at the store? After my ban was removed several months ago, my original account still comes up in the store even though it doesn't exist online. Basically, I have two accounts show uo when they search for mine in the store, the banned one and the working one. I was told this was because it was a separate system and there is no way to remove the original account from the store's database. Is this true or a likely story? I haven't traded since January because it always takes 30+ minutes to get the right stuff to pull up. I have a couple uncharted 3's, ME3's, and MW3's to trade in so I am going in today again after a 4 month leave from CAG(to stop spending so much damn money!)

Hmmmm. Good point, not sure exactly. Might do a trade in today, so ill let you know the details later today.

#2022 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Any flips to convert GS credit into BB? My GS credit is down to $24 and I'd love to get some BB credit for that and buy a couple of movies.

NVM: I found a post from a couple of days ago that listed stuff. Thank you

#2023 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

I got a couple of ME3 like new from Amazon warehouse for $22.xx. One actually came in sealed with amazon sticker outside of the seal, so maybe it's new?

#2024 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Any flips to convert GS credit into BB? My GS credit is down to $24 and I'd love to get some BB credit for that and buy a couple of movies.

NVM: I found a post from a couple of days ago that listed stuff. Thank you

I remember FrontLines mission evolved ps3 had the highest payout on that list, GS sells for 9, bb base is 8

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2025 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I know best buy is supposedly starting to change some of their policies regarding trade in quantities and limits. Are they still accepting disc only trades for the same value as completes? I know that's how it used to be I just want to make sure they haven't changed anything recently

#2026 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

I know best buy is supposedly starting to change some of their policies regarding trade in quantities and limits. Are they still accepting disc only trades for the same value as completes? I know that's how it used to be I just want to make sure they haven't changed anything recently

Disc only gives you the same value as of yesterday.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2027 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

I remember FrontLines mission evolved ps3 had the highest payout on that list, GS sells for 9, bb base is 8

:lol:Front Mission Evolved. That game was a decent flip soon after it released too. GS had it for $20 on sale the one week(along with Kane & Lynch 2). Every copy was getting $23 in CASH at FYE and the other Transworld Entertainment stores and sites.

It was a good way to convert some GS(and even Amazon) credit into CASH.:D

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2028 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Thanks. It's on this list too. http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1899

#2029 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Where are these new trade limits and policies posted? Did i miss the link? If not, i Find it irritating that a business has not posted these things and are rather banning at will.

#2030 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Wish we had concrete confirmation that the 50% bonus is continuing on past today, I want to trade Witcher 2 in, but would like to hold on to it for a little bit longer.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2031 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

^ you're exactly the person I'd love to trade it in too! I'm trading in L4D2 and AC:BH tonight to get around $32 and I've got my $10 off preowned coupon... I'll either be buying Witcher 2 new or rebuying MW3 or BF3 at next to no additional cost.

If I go with the latter, not sure which I'll be rebuying, but I seem to remember BF being more fun when I owned it briefly.

#2032 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

So in at best buy right now and a worker told me starting next week that they are having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on pre-owned games.

#2033 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Wish we had concrete confirmation that the 50% bonus is continuing on past today, I want to trade Witcher 2 in, but would like to hold on to it for a little bit longer.

On their kiosk screen for bonuses, it did say expires June 2nd. Whether or not that holds, no idea.

#2034 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

hopefully june 2nd. just flipped 60base, 96 w bonus. woot
also power went out and tornado scare. fun stuff

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2035 htz

htz

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Yeah buddy they just restock the used game section I'm pumped now lol hopefully it's not ymmv

Same with my BB also when I went earlier today. They even had a cardboard box container with tons of used games and even brand new old CEs(I saw Assassins Creed (Brotherhood?Revelations? not sure) tossed in there with the sign saying B2G1 free.

#2036 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

So in at best buy right now and a worker told me starting next week that they are having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on pre-owned games.

Starting next week as in tomorrow or next Sunday?

#2037 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Quite happy today. I'm delighted that I haven't been banned from trading in at BB. Converted $24 GS credit into $40 Best Buy credit using a few games from the link in my previous post. I know it isn't great but hey I'd rather BB credit than GS credit which these days is basically useless for me since I never buy from them.

I was alos told that the 50% promo runs till June 2nd.

#2038 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

traded in these today

zelda skyward sword- got from goozex last week
uncharted 3- got it for $10 from target
skyrim- traded assassins creed revelations for it, bought it for $10
mario 3D land- got from goozex last week

got $118.50 after 50% bonus for all, pretty good trade ins :D

hmmmmm i forgot, can you still buy amazon gift cards with best buy gift cards, didn't they stop that?

#2039 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Starting next week as in tomorrow or next Sunday?

Tomorrow from what I gather. I was only half listening to him.
The person who was doing my trade-in was a girl with a super bored face.
She tried to tell me that the 10% GCU doesn't stack with the 50% promo trade-in.
The guy who was telling me the B2G1 free deal tried to tell her otherwise but she wasn't having it.
So I told her to scan my card and try.

It did stack and she looked so disgruntled she had to do more work for me to get my $6 extra.
First time I ran into her...I tend to do my trade-ins in the morning but I was busy running around Target and GS this afternoon.

I totally just picked up Fallout New Vegas: Complete edition for $12 by the way.
They priced it the same as the regular edition :O
Since I just traded in my regular edition, might as well.

#2040 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

ANy other hints on this? If it's really live tomorrow, I've got a few copies of Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 to buy and flip.