Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#2101 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Wow. I didn't know BB bans if you trade in more than 1 game of the same title, same platform. That'll be extremely harsh.

#2102 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

If they are really as strict as this makes it sound, there won't be anyone left to trade in games after a while.

Intelligence has never been Best Buy's strong suit. Hence the fact that they're closing stores and representing a real going concern. I'll be flat amazed if they're still in business in 4 years... I predict bankruptcy in 2.

#2103 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Wow. I didn't know BB bans if you trade in more than 1 game of the same title, same platform. That'll be extremely harsh.

It might even be 1 game regardless of platform, who know since they dont disclose the god damn rules. those who got banned I assumed received an email from bestbuy?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2104 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Well I bought Resistance 3 a couple of months back (new) and traded it in. A couple of days ago I bought it again with April's GCU coupon (I think it was the same copy I traded it in) and traded it back in again - and I haven't been banned.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#2105 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

I haven't traded in anything in a long while, I was thinking about trading in a few games today I've been holding on too.

#2106 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

lol no email from bb. people find out when they go in to do a trade in and a prompt shows up on the screen. only way to find out if ur banned is to do a test trade.

It might even be 1 game regardless of platform, who know since they dont disclose the god damn rules. those who got banned I assumed received an email from bestbuy?

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2107 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well I bought Resistance 3 a couple of months back (new) and traded it in. A couple of days ago I bought it again with April's GCU coupon (I think it was the same copy I traded it in) and traded it back in again - and I haven't been banned.

Aah good to know. I've never been banned but in the past I have traded in 2 copies of the same game and 2 copies of the same game, different platform when shifting GS credit. I have cancelled 2 pre-orders too but I never exceeded the 3 per game, per platform rule.

I don't think there's any reason to second guess when BB bans customers from trading in. They probably look for some pattern in a customer's activity.

#2108 cagcag

cagcag

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

It's been changed for almost a month or so now. Right around the time that they had Dead Island pre-owned for $19.99 for 2-3 days(which is likely the trade that got me banned finally:lol:) is when it changed. It's just likely that some employees in some stores haven't been brought up to date with that new info as of yet..

So now 1 per title per consol instore? how about BB online? Thanks.

#2109 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Aah good to know. I've never been banned but in the past I have traded in 2 copies of the same game and 2 copies of the same game, different platform when shifting GS credit. I have cancelled 2 pre-orders too but I never exceeded the 3 per game, per platform rule.

I don't think there's any reason to second guess when BB bans customers from trading in. They probably look for some pattern in a customer's activity.

Exactly - I'd like to think Bestbuy doesn't just ban people because they feel like it. There's got to be some reason. Or maybe they do, I don't know. I haven't really had trouble trading anything in stacking 50% and 10%, disc only, etc.

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#2110 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

i just traded a second copy of quantum of solace ps3, I owned two, played two, but bought the second again to finish it when it was cheap. I heard the limit was 2 per title, so now im screwed?
Posted Image

#2111 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I've only started trading in a month ago and I already traded in 27 games (all different titles)
The 50 game limit is going to suck.

#2112 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

aah now there's a 50 game limit too?

#2113 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

I traded in 2 copies of Uncharted 3 yesterday and was planning on doing it again as I won a free copy and should expect it in the mail within the next few weeks
Posted Image

#2114 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

aah now there's a 50 game limit too?

Supposedly but my usual BB worker who does majority of my trade-ins never mentioned anything.

#2115 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

you dont get rz points for using gift cards to make purchases so dont give your rz card. of course the only reason to use your rz card when using gc is for 10% off used games. so to whoever wrote you get double points on gaming purchases is half-wrong.

#2116 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

you dont get rz points for using gift cards to make purchases so dont give your rz card. of course the only reason to use your rz card when using gc is for 10% off used games. so to whoever wrote you get double points on gaming purchases is half-wrong.

So there is no reason not to use your RZ card - even if you don't get points. The guy giving the advice made it seem like if you use your RZ card with a purchase made using a GC that there is a side effect.

#2117 Gonzalorey

Gonzalorey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Just FYI, Great flip!

Disney universe is currently on sale for 7.99 at Best Buy.

Trade in value at Best Buy? 13.00

#2118 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I get points for using GCs in-store. -shrugs-

#2119 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

WOOP!!!! Just doubled some credit AND that included me keeping a Disney Universe!:applause:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2120 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Even if you didnt get points, what does it matter if you give your RZ card or not? Its not like you'd be penalized for anyhting. Besides you are wrong. This is innacurate info as you DO gain points on purchases even if you use a gift card. You wont gain points for the amount of the gift card used, but you will get points for the difference paid.

Lets say You want to buy something thats $40 and use a $10 GC, you will only get 30 points (the difference after the gift card). Times that with the RZ Gamers Club Bonus Promo, and you get double points for a total of 60. Thats 60 points a person would have missed out on had they listened to the bad advice of not using your RZ card

So bottom line, ALWAYS use your RZ card when you purchase something, regardless of if you use a gift card or not. You could be losing valuable points you could have earned otherwise
Posted Image

#2121 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Even if you didnt get points, what does it matter if you give your RZ card or not? Its not like you'd be penalized for anyhting. Besides you are wrong. This is innacurate info as you DO gain points on purchases even if you use a gift card. You wont gain points for the amount of the gift card used, but you will get points for the difference paid.

Lets say You want to buy something thats $40 and use a $10 GC, you will only get 30 points (the difference after the gift card). Times that with the RZ Gamers Club Bonus Promo, and you get double points for a total of 60. Thats 60 points a person would have missed out on had they listened to the bad advice of not using your RZ card

So bottom line, ALWAYS use your RZ card when you purchase something, regardless of if you use a gift card or not. You could be losing valuable points you could have earned otherwise

Thank you.

#2122 Disneyboy

Disneyboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Also, and I could be wrong about this, I think Gc purchases count towards the $2500 Silver Member Threshhold.

#2123 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

the GC portion of your payment doesn't count towards anything. But the product you bought will show up in your history.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2124 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

You can only trade in 2 disney universe's for each system at the same time at best buy right? Or you get banned? Is that the rule?

And are you guys literally just buying the games at the general checkout line and then walking over to the game section to get the game clerk to accept the trade ins? I'm wondering If I should hang out in my car for a few minutes or something before going back in the store to trade my games in. How are you guys pulling it off?

#2125 BroncosSB

BroncosSB

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Geez BB stop temping me. I told myself that I'm done after my mega trade on Friday but you keep on trying to pull me back in. If value still hold on Tues than I will add a little fire to my blaze of glory.

#2126 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Going to trade in arkham city for 18, and bad company 2 for 9 after getting it from the last GameStop B2G1 sale or free. Pretty good profit to me, as I don't hoard copies/resell.

#2127 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

the GC portion of your payment doesn't count towards anything. But the product you bought will show up in your history.

I'm not overly paranoid and could really care less about the BB trading ban as I've traded in a total of 4 games so far this year (all different titles) But if you're going to try trading in games you purchased same day it WOULD absolutely be smart not to us your RZ card when you make the initial purchase.

By not using the RZ card they wouldn't have a way to tie the purchase and trade in together.

While sheer quantity and duplicates may be the number 1 and 2 reasons for the bans; I'm sure buying a game JUST for the sake of trading it in seconds later would be a close third.

#2128 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

You can only trade in 2 disney universe's for each system at the same time at best buy right? Or you get banned? Is that the rule?

And are you guys literally just buying the games at the general checkout line and then walking over to the game section to get the game clerk to accept the trade ins? I'm wondering If I should hang out in my car for a few minutes or something before going back in the store to trade my games in. How are you guys pulling it off?

:lol: You should at least go to your car and rip off the shrink wrap and take the tape off (360).

@GBAstar
pre-ordering to take advantage of promo trade-ins and then canceling/returning the order would be 4th then?

#2129 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

:lol: You should at least go to your car and rip off the shrink wrap and take the tape off (360).

@GBAstar
pre-ordering to take advantage of promo trade-ins and then canceling/returning the order would be 4th then?

Yeah that actually might even be number 1. I don't work at Best Buy so I have no idea. I'm pretty cool with the Gaming Lead so I could ask him but it seems like (to me at least) that these bans are coming down from outside the individual stores and the store employess don't really have any idea as to what triggers them.

I never understood why anyone would cancel a preorder deposit. I would have to imagine that would count as a return as far as best buy is concerned and above and beyond getting a trade ban it might also affect your ability to do normal returns as i know Best Buy tracks all that information.

#2130 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I've wondered about those preorder trade-in bonuses. For some reason, I don't care to do those when I know I won't buy the game.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png