Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#2131 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

You can only trade in 2 disney universe's for each system at the same time at best buy right? Or you get banned? Is that the rule?

It's 1 per system per year, but if you wanna chance it the computer won't stop you from trading in more then 1. A knowledgeable employee might deny you though.

#2132 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

It's important to remember that there isn't one single person that knows, for sure, what any limits or anything else are that cause someone to be banned. It's all just conjecture, at this point. Everyone that asks gets a different answer depending on who they talk to.

#2133 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

So for those who got their bans over turned or found out they could start trading again how did they go about it?

OT/EDIT

Oh wow. I haven't checked reward zone in about 5 or 6 months.

Apparently I've been a silver member since February.

Edited by DudeImGodly, 29 April 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#2134 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

It's important to remember that there isn't one single person that knows, for sure, what any limits or anything else are that cause someone to be banned. It's all just conjecture, at this point. Everyone that asks gets a different answer depending on who they talk to.

This is true but I can guarantee you it has to do with a combo quantity (overall, and particular title), buying games and immediately trading them in and cancelling preorders.

I can promise you if you aren't doing the above your account won't get banned

#2135 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

It's volume/going over the limit that'll get you banned.

#2136 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

they just did test trades -usually just 1 game- to see if it goes thru

So for those who got their bans over turned or found out they could start trading again how did they go about it?

OT/EDIT

Oh wow. I haven't checked reward zone in about 5 or 6 months.

Apparently I've been a silver member since February.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2137 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

I wasn't going to trade my 2nd uncharted 3 but since I know they are going to most likely re-release it with all the DLC and possibly do a bundle for all three uncharted games, I guess I'm trading it in.

I'll probably ask the workers if they got an update on the trade-in policy or not.

#2138 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'm not overly paranoid and could really care less about the BB trading ban as I've traded in a total of 4 games so far this year (all different titles) But if you're going to try trading in games you purchased same day it WOULD absolutely be smart not to us your RZ card when you make the initial purchase.

By not using the RZ card they wouldn't have a way to tie the purchase and trade in together.

While sheer quantity and duplicates may be the number 1 and 2 reasons for the bans; I'm sure buying a game JUST for the sake of trading it in seconds later would be a close third.

point i was trying to make. flew over those argumentative types heads. also i was strictly speaking using gc. did i say partial gc and cash? no! so why go outside the scope of what i eas saying.

#2139 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I wasn't going to trade my 2nd uncharted 3 but since I know they are going to most likely re-release it with all the DLC and possibly do a bundle for all three uncharted games, I guess I'm trading it in.

I'll probably ask the workers if they got an update on the trade-in policy or not.

Well you just talked me into trading my copy also. It has been sitting on my self since Nov and I can wait now for the GOTY. Might as well get $29 for it.
Posted Image

#2140 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

This is true but I can guarantee you it has to do with a combo quantity (overall, and particular title), buying games and immediately trading them in and cancelling preorders.

I can promise you if you aren't doing the above your account won't get banned

Guarantee means that you have a definitive, verified answer. You can assume, but unless you have talked to someone that set the policy or has verified knowledge, it's all just conjecture. That's what I was saying. It's not a swipe at you, GBA, it's just that no one haa any sort of verified answer, so it's just about being intelligent when trading and accepting the consequences if you go over some arbitrary line in the sand.

#2141 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Did a decent trade today with my gf's ID. =)

#2142 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Well you just talked me into trading my copy also. It has been sitting on my self since Nov and I can wait now for the GOTY. Might as well get $29 for it.

Uncharted 3 goty edition was announced this week. It includes all 14 dlc. Released date and price not announced yet.

#2143 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

here's a nice little game you guys can buy tomorrow and flip right back to best buy. Disney Universe is on sale for 7.99 for all systems. It trades back in at best buy for $13 base on 360 and PS3, then $12 for Wii. So hopefully the 50% does extend, to make this flip better.

warning/disclaimer: doing this flip could lead to you being banned. so do so at your own caution.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to my BBY anyhow today to trade in 2 games I got at a yardsale and pick up some more Blu's with the T&S
Bought a copy on Xbox and Wii and traded them in for $40 after bonus and gamers club :bouncy:

You can only trade in 2 disney universe's for each system at the same time at best buy right? Or you get banned? Is that the rule?

And are you guys literally just buying the games at the general checkout line and then walking over to the game section to get the game clerk to accept the trade ins? I'm wondering If I should hang out in my car for a few minutes or something before going back in the store to trade my games in. How are you guys pulling it off?

I just took mine over to the gaming counter after buying them, unwrapped them right there. I know the gaming people so it wasn't a big deal, the knew that I had purchased it

Edited by Zazoo, 29 April 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#2144 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Good heads up on the Disney Universe game. $19 BB credit and change with the 50% bonus.

I've never traded at BB before, and they said there was a 1 copy limit per year per title. Took my second copy to GS and got $18 with the extra 50% for buying a pre-owned game.

Made for a nice break from studying for finals all weekend, thanks!

#2145 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to my BBY anyhow today to trade in 2 games I got at a yardsale and pick up some more Blu's with the T&S
Bought a copy on Xbox and Wii and traded them in for $40 after bonus and gamers club :bouncy:

I just took mine over to the gaming counter after buying them, unwrapped them right there. I know the gaming people so it wasn't a big deal, the knew that I had purchased it

:shock:

Good heads up on the Disney Universe game. $19 BB credit and change with the 50% bonus.

I've never traded at BB before, and they said there was a 1 copy limit per year per title. Took my second copy to GS and got $18 with the extra 50% for buying a pre-owned game.

Made for a nice break from studying for finals all weekend, thanks!

..per console

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2146 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Is the 1 per system per year per calendar year or do you have a 1 year burn after trading in any given game?

#2147 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

1 title..per system..per year.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2148 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

Wish I could remember what I traded in. Oh well.

#2149 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

hope they don't have an overall trade limit.

checking my trade in papers, I have traded in about 30 games for around $850-$900 since September. I have traded in multiples when there was a 3 per limit and have not done any duplicates since the April rule change.

#2150 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Damn, the guy I was chatting up with said he heard about the 50 year trade-in limit so it's a good possibility that it is in effect. Although, it's super shitty that he doesn't know for sure. What kind of training/communication does BB have with their workers cause wow that's sad when the person working there don't even know.

X_x I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit that limit soonish...all different titles though (didn't even get a chance to trade in the 2nd Uncharted 3 either, ahahaha)...and I only traded like a a month ago. Fuck it, I'll go out in a bang if I have too.

#2151 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Damn, the guy I was chatting up with said he heard about the 50 year trade-in limit so it's a good possibility that it is in effect. Although, it's super shitty that he doesn't know for sure. What kind of training/communication does BB have with their workers cause wow that's sad when the person working there don't even know.

X_x I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit that limit soonish...all different titles though (didn't even get a chance to trade in the 2nd Uncharted 3 either, ahahaha)...and I only traded like a a month ago. Fuck it, I'll go out in a bang if I have too.

Wait there's now a 50 game trade in per year thing going on?

#2152 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Well I got $102.5 total for AC:Bro, UC3, ME3, and Batman:AC. Bought AC:Bro again for about $7 with the B2G1 sale.

They had one copy of DR2:OTR new for $20 and a used copy for $18 but it did not have artwork. I sat there for awhile trying to decide and I guess my cheapness is greater than my OCD because I got the used copy. Saving $4 trumped having artwork for this game I guess.
Posted Image

#2153 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Wait there's now a 50 game trade in per year thing going on?

I personally can't confirm it because my BB worker isn't for sure but a few other CAGers confirmed it with their store so I'm guessing it's a big likelihood.

#2154 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Dumass employ couldnt get my 10% bonus, said the 50% bump was for being GCU. Im working on 4 hours of sleep so I wasnt in the mood to argue over $3.xx

Man you people are cheap.

#2155 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

I did the same thing, the guy was looked at me funny at first but after I had him check the TIV on the Disney Universe games he knew what was going on. I ended up walking out with around $125 after trading in 3 Disney Universe games 1xPer Console, Uncharted 3, Resistance Dual Pack, & Little Big Planet 2.

#2156 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

*Doubt has been answered

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2157 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

:shock:

LOL I Know I know but the guy saw me pick them up to buy. So it really doesnt make a difference where I unwrap them and like I said I know all of the people who work in the gaming department as I'm in there all the time.

#2158 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

I am relatively new, so I'm a bit confused, wouldn't it be better to sell on eBay for cash than to be stuck with bby credit? What good is hundreds of bby credit? I converted about 90 GS to bby recently and already felt it burning (first time "flipping" for store credit). it would be quite a while before I can spend all of that credit since I seldom buy games priced 20+.

You can also buy Amazon Kindle cards (read Amazon Gift Card Credit) at BB.

#2159 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Aha that makes sense, thanks.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2160 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Or prepaid visa card and pay the $6 activation fee.