Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#2161 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

You guys are pros, I have a lot to learn. Was wondering how I can get rid of this credit.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2162 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

You guys are pros, I have a lot to learn. Was wondering how I can get rid of this credit.

If you wanted a part time job you should have hook up with DudeImGodly, I can't believe he got away with half the stuff he did for as long as he did.

#2163 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

If you wanted a part time job you should have hook up with DudeImGodly, I can't believe he got away with half the stuff he did for as long as he did.

Ha I'm good now. Before I joined this site I had decent amount of spare money, no backlog, always bought what I wanted to play on Amazon, and some, despite not much, time to play games after work.

Now I have less spare money, growing backlog, and less time to play games already.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2164 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Ha I'm good now. Before I joined this site I had decent amount of spare money, no backlog, always bought what I wanted to play on Amazon, and some, despite not much, time to play games after work.

Now I have less spare money, growing backlog, and less time to play games already.

:applause:That's about right for a CAG. Maybe a little credit at GS & BBY if you do a little bit of flipping once in a while like I do.

#2165 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Dumass employ couldnt get my 10% bonus, said the 50% bump was for being GCU. Im working on 4 hours of sleep so I wasnt in the mood to argue over $3.xx

I had this problem tonight as well. Without being rude, I was able to convince the CS rep to try a few things since it did work for me earlier in the week. What ended up working was he had to completely logout and reboot the trade-in site. Then it came up as it should.

Went in with 3x Disney Universe(1 per system) and an Uncharted 3 ($10 from Target) for a total of $89.60. Had around $40 stuck in for a net of about $50.

#2166 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

LOL I Know I know but the guy saw me pick them up to buy. So it really doesnt make a difference where I unwrap them and like I said I know all of the people who work in the gaming department as I'm in there all the time.

Buy at 1, trade at another. You're bold. Lmao

If this is a 1 day sale, I have less than 2 hours to decide if I want to get another. :-k

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2167 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

Managers bro. I pretty much owned that store.

#2168 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

So tomorrow I'm doing a trade with a guy for my sound system for a bunch of random assorted things of his that match value. Well some of the things are a few Xbox games including black ops, some mtx vs. game, and MLB and NBA 2k12.

Well I'm planning on trading in all of them while this promo is stil going on but the problem is..the sports games are in a dual pack that apparently just came out for $69.99. I know I won't get the same amount in credit by selling it, so should I just get 2 empty 360 cases and put each disc in one? Cause MLB fetches $20 base and NBA fetches $15 base. I'd assume the combo pack would fetch like $24 base and that's it...I mean, it's not even in their system yet!

#2169 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

So tomorrow I'm doing a trade with a guy for my sound system for a bunch of random assorted things of his that match value. Well some of the things are a few Xbox games including black ops, some mtx vs. game, and MLB and NBA 2k12.

Well I'm planning on trading in all of them while this promo is stil going on but the problem is..the sports games are in a dual pack that apparently just came out for $69.99. I know I won't get the same amount in credit by selling it, so should I just get 2 empty 360 cases and put each disc in one? Cause MLB fetches $20 base and NBA fetches $15 base. I'd assume the combo pack would fetch like $24 base and that's it...I mean, it's not even in their system yet!

You can trade them in disc only which I assume would work unless their is something that distinguishes them as being part of a dual pack on the disc

#2170 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Yes, I'd separate them into 2 cases and trade them in that way.

#2171 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

For anyone who wants a giggle, go to the BB video game trade in site and look at the top video game trade ins for all 3 platforms. :D

:lol:I also noticed that :ps3:Duke Nukem Forever is a $4.80 value after 50% bonus and 10% GCU. So it's a $.20 rental(it's $4.99 at BB) minus any sales tax. Not bad.:)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2172 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Buy at 1, trade at another. You're bold. Lmao

If this is a 1 day sale, I have less than 2 hours to decide if I want to get another. :-k

It's 20 miles one way to another BBY and with gas being $4 bucks a gallon not even worth my time.
Thats the first time I've purchased something from BBY and flipped it back to them. They know I mainly bring in games I bought at yard sales and occasionally a few I've bought at Target.

Not making a lot, just mainly funding my gaming habit :D and they get their preorders

#2173 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Damn, the guy I was chatting up with said he heard about the 50 year trade-in limit so it's a good possibility that it is in effect. Although, it's super shitty that he doesn't know for sure. What kind of training/communication does BB have with their workers cause wow that's sad when the person working there don't even know.

X_x I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit that limit soonish...all different titles though (didn't even get a chance to trade in the 2nd Uncharted 3 either, ahahaha)...and I only traded like a a month ago. Fuck it, I'll go out in a bang if I have too.

Jeez, why are they bothering, they have banned just about everyone and now this limit. They really are not in it to sell used games as how will they ever have stock. They originally had a plan to kill GS, I think they plan on doing it via Laughter !!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2174 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I decided to tally up my GCs to see how much credit I have, and it looks like I have ~$330 thanks to recent trade-ins. :shock:

I'm going to set aside ~$55 for picking up Max Payne 3 (I plan to use a $5 RZ cert. and I'll also be getting the $20 eGC as a result) and possibly $100 for two $50 Amazon GCs. I'll likely just hold on to the rest since you never know... ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2175 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

i looked all around for amazon gift cards. i found itunes and visa and some facebook games, that was all. i feel weird asking them for some reason.
Posted Image

#2176 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

i looked all around for amazon gift cards. i found itunes and visa and some facebook games, that was all. i feel weird asking them for some reason.

next to tablet accessories.

#2177 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

the 50 limit is really dumb and I'm sure they'll lift it as soon as they realize 1 per title per platform is good enough to curb abuse. They need to make the system reject it though instead of letting people trade in >1 and then ban them after the fact.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2178 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

the 50 limit is really dumb and I'm sure they'll lift it as soon as they realize 1 per title per platform is good enough to curb abuse. They need to make the system reject it though instead of letting people trade in >1 and then ban them after the fact.

Well when the worker accidently added two copies of Uncharted 3 to my trade in instead of just one, the system didn't allow the trade in.

#2179 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

agreed. im seriously considering trading in my entire current gen collection for bb credit to pay for a cintiq tablet monitor for my freelance work, but with the 50/yr limit that idea is out of the question. :cry:
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2180 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Well when the worker accidently added two copies of Uncharted 3 to my trade in instead of just one, the system didn't allow the trade in.

I just traded in 2 copies of Uncharted 3 two days ago
Posted Image

#2181 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Yeah I traded 2 copies this week also. I am really starting to think this is an employee based situation here. There may be "rules" but are only enforced if the employee chooses to. I mean BBY cannot program their RZ site to accurately dole out RZ cert most of the time so I highly doubt they have set up a computer system to control game trades.
Posted Image

#2182 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Wait was this in one or seperate transactions? It didn't go through in one transaction.

#2183 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Lol I would feel weird asking too.
'Hey, where do you guys keep gift cards for the online retailer that's putting you out of business? There? Thanks, I'll be purchasing these with Best Buy gift cards"

#2184 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Lol I would feel weird asking too.
'Hey, where do you guys keep gift cards for the online retailer that's putting you out of business? There? Thanks, I'll be purchasing these with Best Buy gift cards"

This is why you ask "where are your Kindle gift cards"

#2185 robhimself

robhimself

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

excellent! I just did my first ever trade in to BBY today:

Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $15.00
Killzone 3 (PS3) - $12.00
MVC3 (PS3) - $7.00
AC:B (xb360) - $10.00

$44 + $22 (50% bonus) = $66.00. Bought KZ3, MVC3, AC:B for $20 total from the B2G1 sale.

#2186 BroncosSB

BroncosSB

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

I was able to do 8 games x2 on Friday. It might just be the employee

#2187 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

I was able to do 8 games x2 on Friday. It might just be the employee

Yeah maybe he just fcked up then. This was on Friday also I believe.

#2188 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah I traded 2 copies this week also. I am really starting to think this is an employee based situation here. There may be "rules" but are only enforced if the employee chooses to. I mean BBY cannot program their RZ site to accurately dole out RZ cert most of the time so I highly doubt they have set up a computer system to control game trades.

It's not a hard-limit, so the system will let you trade in multiples if the employee allows it. Theoretically, you could trade in 100 of the same title. The enforcement comes from the ban after the fact.

Also, we've been hearing the same information repeated by multiple sources/employees from multiple locations across the country (1 per title/console, 50 total games per year limits) so while I hope this isn't the case (and BB's actual posted policy doesn't reflect these new limits) I'm operating under the assumption that these new limits are accurate.

The numbers have to be coming from somewhere, and the fact that the same limits are repeated in varied/different locations makes it unlikely that they are just conjecture or some kind of made-up localized restrictions.

It's the same thing that happened last year with the peeps that went-over the 3 per title/console limit. The system let them trade in however many they wanted. They were just banned after the fact...

#2189 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

It's not a hard-limit, so the system will let you trade in multiples if the employee allows it. Theoretically, you could trade in 100 of the same title. The enforcement comes from the ban after the fact.

Also, we've been hearing the same information repeated by multiple sources/employees from multiple locations across the country (1 per title/console, 50 total games per year limits) so while I hope this isn't the case (and BB's actual posted policy doesn't reflect these new limits) I'm operating under the assumption that these new limits are accurate.

The numbers have to be coming from somewhere, and the fact that the same limits are repeated in varied/different locations makes it unlikely that they are just conjecture or some kind of made-up localized restrictions.

It's the same thing that happened last year with the peeps that went-over the 3 per title/console limit. The system let them trade in however many they wanted. They were just banned after the fact...

Yeah and apparently these rules came out of the new training that they had to do.

#2190 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yeah maybe he just fcked up then. This was on Friday also I believe.

Have you been banned and then unbanned? That might be why