Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#2851 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Once you start trading you never go back. I started by needing to get rid of some games on my shelf so I did an Amazon trade of a bunch of games. Then I started trading to Best Buy, often at a profit. Then I turned into a flipper for a while and amassed a huge collection of games. Now I'm just trying to get rid of the games. I don't even honestly have time to go back and play the old games and probably never will anyway.

That's how it started for me too, I always came up with the idea that people were trading in games at a loss and that there was really no point in doing trade ins. I always never had problems selling my games on Craigslist when I was done and I always received a better price than what I would get at Gamestop.

But these promos that have been going on, especially with BB are really killing it lately. I never thought I'd trade in 14 games, let alone two or three.

I do want to keep it classy though, don't think I'm going the flipper route since $4 extra for a game really isn't much to waste my time on doing it. Just figure I'll buy games on sale, amass a nice collection and actually play the games this time. Once I'm done, wait for a good TiV promo and dump them all back in.

#2852 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I only trade in for a profit, and for old ass games worth more then $5.

I have too big of a backlog as it is. I'm thinking of selling my old school collection unless it's something I REALLY want. I just cant keep up with everything coming out, and still play older games. I have PS1/2 rpgs just laying around.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#2853 STIrick84

STIrick84

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Does best buy accept hardware trade ins? I'd like to trade in some of my older dualshocks for that digital camo one.

#2854 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

I traded in about 40 old games that I will never play again, or got on PS+ for free, and ended up with enough money to buy a new camera, a nice tv stand, and a stereo dock for my Ipod. I was very happy with the sale :)

#2855 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ugh. I'm torn between butchering my beloved collection and getting a nice chunk of BB credit. I never trade in games.

I've got PS+, and Ratchet: A4O and LBP2 are worth $10. A combined $42 after the extra 110% is just too damn good to pass up when I still have digital copies. Hell, that alone almost covers my next PS+ renewal.

I'm getting rid of a few old stinkers for $10.50 each. Plus a few games I haven't bought, never touched and won't be taking a loss on.

It's driving me nuts trying to decide what to keep and what to sell when it comes to games I actually like. LBP1, Infamous 1 + 2, and Just Cause 2. That's $44 for games I'll never touch again and have digital copies of. Damn you BB and your amazing deal!

EDIT

I think I'm going to take the plunge. Eleven games, seven of which I have digital copies off, and four I don't want. $149.10 after bonus and Unlocked.

I hate giving them up, but that practically pays for ten new games from GameFly to replace them. Can't really say no to that.

*creepy voice* Jooooooin Uuuuuus!!!!!!:twisted:

I managed to pull my self from my Ratchet & Clank:A Crack In Time because I saw what it was worth at BB and saw the Kmart price drop thread.

Wish I'd checked BEFORE taking my Greatest Hits copy to BB, but $4.50(bought today at KM) for this version will do.

Just don't think about it! You might get them for $5 later!:applause:

Once you start trading you never go back. I started by needing to get rid of some games on my shelf so I did an Amazon trade of a bunch of games. Then I started trading to Best Buy, often at a profit. Then I turned into a flipper for a while and amassed a huge collection of games. Now I'm just trying to get rid of the games. I don't even honestly have time to go back and play the old games and probably never will anyway.

:twisted:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2856 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

^^ I did this yesterday when trading in some games. I bought the GCU first ten did my trade which netted me the extra 10% right then. The employee did also give me a current magazine which me scanned an the register automatically zeroed the cost of the mag. Hope that helps.
After my trades I got $193 in BB credit which is pretty sweet. Just need to figure what to do with it. Guess it will sit until a good deal passes.

Right now you can get a $5 copy of Dragon Age II for PS3 or 360, a $10 copy of Resistance 3 and numerous other deals with the coupons in the magazine.

The June @Gamer thread is located here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=322272

I just remember they were having problems when it first started because they weren't clicking some box at the final checkout screen. It's all tied to your RZ account so once it's in, it will update on your account as well.

Yeah. They forgot to scan the lil brochure thing that adds the subscription to your RZ account in conjunction with the coupon they needed to scan to unlock it.

I eventually had to have someone on the BB forums unlock it from the corporate end of things, since they tried it 2-3x or more using just the SKU from the unlocking coupon they sent me along with my RZ card and that brochure thing. But from what I'm hearing now that unlocking coupon is no longer a required step in the process.

That was me to a tee. I started out trading my own collections of games, but by the time it reached a crescendo I was always doing 3x everything I was trading in.:cry: I figured why go for small peanuts when I could spend a lil and make 2-3x what I was gonna make with just my own collection. That was my biggest mistake.:-#

Wish I'd checked BEFORE taking my Greatest Hits copy to BB, but $4.50(bought today at KM) for this version will do.

Usually most people do it the other way around, where they're trying to get rid of the red case GH versions since it fucks up the feng shui of their gaming collection or whatever. But some of the GH versions have patches and other stuff right on the disc and/or glitches fixed, so sometimes it's better to get that 'ugly' GH version versus having to put up with possible issues with the earlier versions.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2857 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

I never understand the hate on gh version cases, if they hate the red cases, just take out the slip coverart of the game, and put it in a regular case. that is what i do

#2858 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Usually most people do it the other way around, where they're trying to get rid of the red case GH versions since it fucks up the feng shui of their gaming collection or whatever. But some of the GH versions have patches and other stuff right on the disc and/or glitches fixed, so sometimes it's better to get that 'ugly' GH version versus having to put up with possible issues with the earlier versions.

Lol. I like the red color. Hmm.. Ultra-Noob question... Do you think the copy I had installed the additional info on my PS3?

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2859 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

I never understand the hate on gh version cases, if they hate the red cases, just take out the slip coverart of the game, and put it in a regular case. that is what i do

Not everybody has extra cases lying around though.

Lol. I like the red color. Hmm.. Ultra-Noob question... Do you think the copy I had installed the additional info on my PS3?

I don't know. I just know that some games provide extra content or bug fixes in the GH versions. Mafia II was one of the ones that provided extra content for the GH version versus the normal version.

Posted Image

#2860 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

I don't know. I just know that some games provide extra content or bug fixes in the GH versions. Mafia II was one of the ones that provided extra content for the GH version versus the normal version.

LOl, i got a few from gamestop, when i bought some of their used games without cover art or manual. and some from bestbuy pre-owned games i bought now thinking about it, i probably have about almost 20 extra ps3 cases,Lmao

#2861 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

LOl, i got a few from gamestop, when i bought some of their used games without cover art or manual. and some from bestbuy pre-owned games i bought now thinking about it, i probably have about almost 20 extra ps3 cases,Lmao

I bought like 400-500+ from Hollywood Video when they went out of biz around here. I cleaned out the one store of them. I figured I could sell em to folks who didn't get the original cases from GS when they buy games. But I think if I've sold about 20-30 out of that lot it's a miracle.:cry:

Then I got a free rolling rack/gondola from the one yard down the line that originally would cost $400-500. It was sitting in knee high weeds in someone's side yard. The family used to use it when they'd have a yard sale they said, but hadn't used it in years. So at least I have somewhere to store all the cases that's nice and organized as opposed to having to dig through the HWV bags to find cases.;)

Posted Image

#2862 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

Ok. Thanks. For $4.50, I'll imagine the rest! :)

#2863 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

yeah i traded all my games in that i got through psn+. i figure i have a year or so psn+ and if i want it ill get more. if i want those games back they will be cheaper in a year or so and i could pick them up if i really wanted them. so yeah

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2864 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

yeah i traded all my games in that i got through psn+. i figure i have a year or so psn+ and if i want it ill get more. if i want those games back they will be cheaper in a year or so and i could pick them up if i really wanted them. so yeah

You should play some Just Cause 2 and start uploading videos to YouTube from in game.;) Some CAG's who bought it during the sale a week or two ago and my friends on PSN have been having a blast making videos in the game.

Most of mine are only 30 seconds in length usually. I've had some nutty stuff occur in game since I started making videos.

Posted Image

#2865 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

I love just cause 2, and grabbed it a month or so after release. Last year I got back into it and my buddy and I were making some funny ass stunt videos. I remember this one where I had like a garbage truck thing and tethered a crotch rocket to it, then went to town on the high rise highways. The bike was bouncing off everything and did some crazy physics breaking crap. Never had more fun in a video game... Beer+goofing off in JC2 with a good buddy = the best
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#2866 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

is just cause 2 like a sand box style game like gta? cuz that is how it looks like to me from the youtube videos i seen

#2867 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

I love just cause 2, and grabbed it a month or so after release. Last year I got back into it and my buddy and I were making some funny ass stunt videos. I remember this one where I had like a garbage truck thing and tethered a crotch rocket to it, then went to town on the high rise highways. The bike was bouncing off everything and did some crazy physics breaking crap. Never had more fun in a video game... Beer+goofing off in JC2 with a good buddy = the best

I tethered the one sports car from the one airport to a jetliner last night with disastrous results. About 20 seconds after taking off the car slammed into the body of the plane causing it to blow up midair.

The body of the plane kept aloft though and was dragging the car with it. it finally came down on an island about 2-3 miles from where we took off from. I was about to upload a video of it to YouTube, but that portion of the game messed up(never brought up the YT sign in page and got stuck on the screen saying 'uploading to YouTube':cry:).

But I did make a video about a week or two ago of me jumping from scooter to scooter on one of the raised highways. I had three of them rolling along on their own at one point.:lol:

is just cause 2 like a sand box style game like gta? cuz that is how it looks like to me from the youtube videos i seen

Yeah. It a sandbox style game. There's a ton of little settlements that you can take over by finding hidden packages(which aren't so hidden, they kinda have a sheen to them that you can see from a decent distance away) and eliminating enemy items like gas pumps, propaganda trailers and water towers from them.

Or you could just roam around the countryside just carjacking people and never do a single mission.;)

Best part is if you run across some really nutty stuff in the game, you can make a video of it and upload it to YouTube.;)

Posted Image

#2868 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

Traded in 7 games for $92.40. :D I needed a new monitor, so all is good.

mer71.jpg

#2869 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

great success trading at BB today! Got $88 for 4 games, walked out with the Skyrim CE, Halo 3, and the Halo 4 preorder litho for nothing out of pocket with another $13 in BB credit left. The guy taking my trade was a fellow Skyrim fan so just talked Dawnguard with him during the whole trade process and he said he had done the same thing I had with upgrading to the CE.

Traded in:

-Skyrim ($17, $34 after bonus). Upgraded to CE
-NHL 12 ($14, $28 after bonus). Considering how sports games tank in value and the fact that I got this for $40 last October, $28 was a great deal for a game I wasnt intending to play much.
-NHL 11 ($7, $14 after bonus). This one was scratched up but the guy took it anyway so win there.
-NFS Hot Pursuit ($6, $12 after bonus). I waited for a long time to get this game and finally did during an EA daily deal last year for $9.99, but I just couldnt enjoy this as much as I loved Hot Pursuit 2 on Gamecube. I'll probably rebuy at somepoint but $12 was a better deal than having it gather dust for months.

Couldnt get rid of anything else since my collection is pretty small and I wanted to keep my games (I only have 20ish 360 games). The other games I thought about getting rid of had pretty low TIV's compared to what it would cost to rebuy them down the road when I get the itch to play them again (GTA IV, MW1, MW2). All in all though, a great day!

#2870 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

Traded in a bunch of games. Unlocked didn't apply, so had him ring me up again and apply it then. Went from $98 to $111.....10% definitely isn't $13. Looked at receipt and it was right, so appararently he didn't even scan a game the first time around.

#2871 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

You should play some Just Cause 2 and start uploading videos to YouTube from in game.;) Some CAG's who bought it during the sale a week or two ago and my friends on PSN have been having a blast making videos in the game.

Most of mine are only 30 seconds in length usually. I've had some nutty stuff occur in game since I started making videos.

Didn't know Just Cause 2 had that feature. Very cool. More games need to start incorporating stuff like that.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#2872 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

Did any of you guys notice the Vault cases they had for $25? They had the MLG and BF3 for xbox only. They were located by the gaming counter at the store I go to.

#2873 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Did any of you guys notice the Vault cases they had for $25? They had the MLG and BF3 for xbox only. They were located by the gaming counter at the store I go to.

I noticed, they were at the far back near the PS Vita for me. I thought they were pretty slick, but I honestly had no idea what it was for and didn't need an extra box taking up space.

The one I found resembled this one: http://www.evilcontr...d/515/image/30/

Now that you mentioned it though, going to YouTube it and see what it's all about :)

Edit: Damn, I just noticed this one. Looks absolutely sick. Kinda wish I had a GoW 360 right about now.
http://manatank.com/...78-768x1024.jpg

#2874 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

Some of them look pretty sweet. I just don't care for the bulky look you get from the cases.

#2875 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

Didn't know Just Cause 2 had that feature. Very cool. More games need to start incorporating stuff like that.

Yeah. I'm kinda hoping that GTA V has something like that as well.

Posted Image

#2876 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

Some of them look pretty sweet. I just don't care for the bulky look you get from the cases.

I agree, I also found them pretty bulky and honestly ugly. But after seeing that GoW one, I kinda want one haha. Looks pretty cool, just wonder how it handles heat.

I forgot about those vaults. I had been thinking about getting the PS3 BF3 vault if I can find 1.

http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode

So is this a price cut for all the vaults, or just specific ones? The only ones I found were those Helghast looking helmets. Didn't see any others around, going to ask tomorrow and see what's up.

Honestly after seeing that Gears vault, I kinda want one. Would look absolutely sick on my future 360 lol.

#2877 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

How often do Best Buy prices change? I just went through and jotted down values on everything, and I plan on popping in Thursday or Friday to make my trades--wanna make one last play of each title for old time's sake.

oIi9lub.png

#2878 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

So is this a price cut for all the vaults, or just specific ones? The only ones I found were those Helghast looking helmets. Didn't see any others around, going to ask tomorrow and see what's up.

Honestly after seeing that Gears vault, I kinda want one. Would look absolutely sick on my future 360 lol.

Saw MLG Vault at two different BB and one was priced $24.99 and its in the clearance section(same store has the BF3 vault for $24.99), while the other store only had MLG and was priced $69.99 so I guess its YMMV.

How often do Best Buy prices change? I just went through and jotted down values on everything, and I plan on popping in Thursday or Friday to make my trades--wanna make one last play of each title for old time's sake.

Pretty often, I know people regret waiting even 1 day to make trades..

Anyway my latest trade to BBY last Saturday was a very pleasant one getting someone who was good at their job, 11 games turned into $180 credit. Bought Gamer Club unlocked in the same transaction and pretty much paid for itself and I just checked my RZ account and Gamer Club unlocked was applied today, my trades also showed up today in there which is a surprise since I didn't know you get RZ points for them.
Posted Image

#2879 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Pretty often, I know people regret waiting even 1 day to make trades.

Oh, well, damn. Now I'll wonder for the rest of the day how much they've changed in the last week.

oIi9lub.png

#2880 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

MW3 is $17 base today. Is that up or down? I'm pretty sure that's changed, but I can't remember if it was higher or lower recently.

Crunchewy.png