Scene It? Box Office Smash Bundle Xbox 360 $15.17 @ Amazon

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Scene-Office-Smash-Bundle-Xbox-360/dp/B001CMNJQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325579942&sr=8-1

519NI80AkyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

seems like a great deal, with it being half off, and considering it's well-reviewed and it includes the 4 controllers (please be gentle!).

I got this a few months back from one of those daily deal sites for $15. It's a really fun game for a group of people to play. Everyone from my mom to my little nephew had fun playing it.

These controllers are also compatible with You Don't Know Jack, meaning they even arrange the answers based on using them. For $15 just for the controllers, that's a steal to begin with.

Great deal on a fun game. Obviously the value will be down considerably if you only want to play single player (since the online multiplayer scene seemed to be lacking), but def. recommend at this price if you and your friends/significant other enjoy movie trivia.

Do these controllers work with the new XBLA SceneIt game?

Hopefully they drop the AWD price as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think SP is pretty fun as well, there seem to be literally hundreds (if not more?) of questions, so it ends up being a way to challenge yourself. Definitely better with friends, but for this price you can spend the extra money on new friends :p

[quote name='WV Matsui']Do these controllers work with the new XBLA SceneIt game?

Hopefully they drop the AWD price as well![/QUOTE]

Yep, it works with all the Scene It games and You Don't Know Jack (which is awesome).

I love these controllers for playing the Scene It Games. I have BOS, LCA, and the new XBLA one even though I can't recall it's subtitle right now. I don't hesitate to pull them out for a quick game or two with any company that comes over, gamers or not, because of the controllers. I'm 100% certain that someone like my mom would struggle with the button layout on a regular 360 pad, and losing because you're slow to figure out how to answer is no fun.

This is an awesome game, one of the best "general audience" experiences on the 360. Online multiplayer, avatar integration, very polished and intuitive, it is the total package if you like trivia games. It's just a shame that the Scene It license went to shit after this release.

[quote name='louiedog']I love these controllers for playing the Scene It Games. I have BOS, LCA, and the new XBLA one even though I can't recall it's subtitle right now. I don't hesitate to pull them out for a quick game or two with any company that comes over, gamers or not, because of the controllers. I'm 100% certain that someone like my mom would struggle with the button layout on a regular 360 pad, and losing because you're slow to figure out how to answer is no fun.[/QUOTE]

can you give me thoughts on the XBLA "Scene It? Movie Night"?

[quote name='dirtyvu']can you give me thoughts on the XBLA "Scene It? Movie Night"?[/QUOTE]

I've only played a couple of games so far but I like it. It feels a bit more streamlined at the cost of losing a lot of game types. I like it because it feels like a tighter experience. People who are way into the disc releases may miss some of the those games. It's nice having it on my hard drive because I can fire up a quick game with my girlfriend without swapping discs. I also had issue with the sound mix on the disc games where the movie dialog was too quiet compared to the game sound. That isn't an issue in this game.

One complaint is that it lists players by number instead of using their gamertag. It's not so bad with big button controllers because your icon background matches the controller color. If you're playing with gamepads I imagine it would get confusing, especially with four players.

Of course it's still just more movie trivia. If you have the other games and have run through all of the questions or really like the idea of not having to swap discs, it's not a bad way to spend $10. Otherwise you're not missing much by waiting for a sale.

It seems like it's been built as a platform to release question packs so this may be the last release for the series this generation as they can keep it going.

[quote name='louiedog']
It seems like it's been built as a platform to release question packs so this may be the last release for the series this generation as they can keep it going.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the input! very much appreciated. though I hope they add online multiplayer if this is to be a platform for DLC question packs. no online play severely limits functionality for me. i read that's why box office smash is the most popular of the bunch.

yeah, it appears the $15 price is gone. some vendor is trying to sell this for $69.99???

icemonkey is selling it for $13.99 with free shipping for those that are adventurous:
http://www.icemonkey.com/scene-it-box-office-smash-bundle

sceneit_8_1.jpg

bread's done
Back