XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5106 replies to this topic

#991 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

The security flaw with xbox.com is with the way it handles repeated incorrect passwords, you're not at any risk from visiting the site.

Could you elaborate on this? I visit the site all the time and now you've got me paranoid.

#992 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

Could you elaborate on this? I visit the site all the time and now you've got me paranoid.

It's got nothing whatsoever to do with you visiting the site. If someone knows the email address you use for your Live account, they can (possibly could, since it's rumored they've patched the hole) run a program that systematically enters passwords until it finds the correct one. There's a theory out there that this is how accounts were getting stolen.

But, to reiterate, visiting and using xbox.com does not increase the risk and never visiting wouldn't protect you from it. It's 100% unrelated to your internet browsing habits.

#993 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

I guess. Looks like some posts from earlier are gone, so I assume there had to be some or some kind of argument.

I added the Double Fine Kinect "game" to the OP that will be out 2/1/2012. Just watched a Quick Look of it... hilarious.

LOL @ "game"

We're sneaky like that.

And extremely scary looking!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#994 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

I just renewed my gold (it expired last week) w/ a 12 month card and it hasn't reflected on my dashboard yet. On xbox.com, its showing an expiration date of 1/19/13, a year from now, but when I fire up my xbox its still saying I have a free membership, but the strange this is when I check my account management through the dashboard, it says I have Gold. I've turned it on and off, signed in and out, and still nothing. I've never had an issue before where it hasn't been reflected immediately.

Fwiw, I added the code through xbox.com, but that shouldn't be an issue. I'M JUST WANNA DOWNLOAD THE DARKNESS II DEMO ALREADY

#995 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I just renewed my gold (it expired last week) w/ a 12 month card and it hasn't reflected on my dashboard yet. On xbox.com, its showing an expiration date of 1/19/13, a year from now, but when I fire up my xbox its still saying I have a free membership, but the strange this is when I check my account management through the dashboard, it says I have Gold. I've turned it on and off, signed in and out, and still nothing. I've never had an issue before where it hasn't been reflected immediately.

Fwiw, I added the code through xbox.com, but that shouldn't be an issue. I'M JUST WANNA DOWNLOAD THE DARKNESS II DEMO ALREADY

Happened to me too when I extended my subscription with some 3 month codes, didnt update on my Xbox right away.

Also, can't you just queue the demo up from xbox.com?

Check out my CAG Blog!

#996 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

Happened to me too when I extended my subscription with some 3 month codes, didnt update on my Xbox right away.

Also, can't you just queue the demo up from xbox.com?

Good thinking, that solution didn't even enter my mind, thanks. The demo wasn't even showing up on the dashboard (though I suppose that might be normal for free members for the first week).

Regardless, I hope it recognizes my gold account soon, I have some asses to kick and names to take in NHL 12.

How long did it take for the system to recognize your renewal?

#997 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

I checked the next day and it was updated. So 24 hours max for me.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#998 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Good thinking, that solution didn't even enter my mind, thanks. The demo wasn't even showing up on the dashboard (though I suppose that might be normal for free members for the first week).

Regardless, I hope it recognizes my gold account soon, I have some asses to kick and names to take in NHL 12.

How long did it take for the system to recognize your renewal?

Good. Maybe we'll be on the same team in OTP to make up for all the sucky idiots I've been getting stuck with this week

#999 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:28 AM

I'm not in the least bit surprised that Scarygirl is 1200 (but kinda suprised it's not 1600), since it is being published by Square Enix. They have no concept of "reasonable pricing". I mean, check out their iOS stuff - $16 for an iPhone game, really guys??? /rant

On another note, now that Doom is re-listed, I'm holding out hope for Gauntlet... or Lost Cities.

I think the worst pricing for a game I have seen on XBLA was Death Tank for 1200 points. Now I realize there are other egregiously priced games (Raystorm, Watchmen part 2), but Death Tank had a chance to be a real hit but its pricing killed it. It was a remake by Snow Blind of a very good Saturn title, was full of content and had a robust online mode as well as local mp, but it was still a single screen game that looked like a 400 point game at first glance. MS didn't put much marketing into it, released it during a slow time, and just let it die.

No way were people going to pull the trigger on a game so focused on mp when it looked like nobody else was going to buy it. I wish MS would drop the price to 800 and re-release it as a Summer of Arcade title.

#1000 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

LOL @ "game"

If you check out the quick look I put in the OP you will see why. It's more like Kinect Labs than a game, but it has achievements.

Edited by reddjoey, 20 January 2012 - 04:44 PM.
typo

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#1001 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

I you check out the quick look I put in the OP you will see why. It's more like Kinect Labs than a game, but it has achievements.

Wow. Day one purchase for me. This is the kind of direction I want to see Kinect moving in.

Plus I'm a sucker for Tim and DF :booty:

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#1002 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

It's more like Kinect Labs than a game, but it has achievements.

The Kinect labs stuff has achievements too. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1003 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

I you check out the quick look I put in the OP you will see why. It's more like Kinect Labs than a game, but it has achievements.

It does look kind of fun. I don't have a Kinect, but it looks like a good time killer. Definitely not a lot of "game" going on, like you said.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1004 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

The Kinect labs stuff has achievements too. :)

Yeah, I sorta just trailed off mentally.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#1005 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

It looks like three Ubisoft XBLA/PSN titles are getting a triple pack disc release. They are Beyond Good & Evil HD, From Dust, and Outland. There's only a UK listing so far with an MSRP of £20, so probably $30 if it makes it to the US.

link

#1006 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

It looks like three Ubisoft XBLA/PSN titles are getting a triple pack disc release. They are Beyond Good & Evil HD, From Dust, and Outland. There's only a UK listing so far with an MSRP of £20, so probably $30 if it makes it to the US.

link

You could have bought all those combined for less than $20 though the XBLA sales so far.

#1007 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

You could have bought all those combined for less than $20 though the XBLA sales so far.

Yup. And eventually the disc will be $10. If people have waited this long they may want to wait a bit longer. There are also quite a few people, for various reasons, who prefer to have their games on a disc.

#1008 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

I would have every XBLA game available on disc in that format if MS allowed you to play them off the HDD if installed and the disc is inserted.... but nope, ALWAYS is played off the disc.

#1009 Crono-00

Crono-00

Backlog 4 Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

I would have every XBLA game available on disc in that format if MS allowed you to play them off the HDD if installed and the disc is inserted.... but nope, ALWAYS is played off the disc.

Those compilation discs makes my 360 (Jasper) sound like a jet engine. Well, Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged and the one that came with Sonic and Sega All Stars Tennis, however, Qubed does not. I do not have the Popcap ones nor the newer one with Trials HD. I too wish I could do the installation as you mentioned, because the disc drive sounds like it is really working for me.

I too would prefer XBLA titles on disc in part for the potential sale to have the games for cheap and I somehow like having something tangible with a purchase. This just makes me look less like a CAG and more like a hoarder.

Edited by Crono-00, 20 January 2012 - 06:36 PM.
There's also a compilation with Bomberman Live, don't have that either

#1010 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

link

Great. Already own BG&E and Outland. Guess I'll keep waiting for a good price on From Dust.

#1011 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Great. Already own BG&E and Outland. Guess I'll keep waiting for a good price on From Dust.

I'm prepared to bite at 600.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1012 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Those compilation discs makes my 360 (Jasper) sound like a jet engine. Well, Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged and the one that came with Sonic and Sega All Stars Tennis, however, Qubed does not. I do not have the Popcap ones nor the newer one with Trials HD. I too wish I could do the installation as you mentioned, because the disc drive sounds like it is really working for me.

I too would prefer XBLA titles on disc in part for the potential sale to have the games for cheap and I somehow like having something tangible with a purchase. This just makes me look less like a CAG and more like a hoarder.

I have either 3 or 4 compilation discs... and they all spin the drive even when I have the trials installed to my HDD.... it's actually kind of annoying.

#1013 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Spylon -

How far back did you say your site goes for recording sales/Dotw/etc?

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1014 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

The site has been automated since the end Oct 2010, before then I captured DotW and sales in a spreadsheet. I have imported the DotW from my spreadsheet to the site and tagged those events. There is gap in the tagging while I developed the tagging infrastructure.

I don't have an index for deals or sales. I used to capture them in posts but that was to much work. I have a recent deals and deal index on my TODO list. For now you can use this link but I will redirect it to the index when I roll that out:
http://xbldb.com/off...he-week-archive

Sort by date by clicking the Date column.

If you see anything missing let me know. I also need to import my sale spreadsheet into the DB.

From the above page you can see the gap is from 2010-10-18 to 2011-07-05. The deals are in the DB they are just not identified/tagged.

Over time I added gold pricing so the early DOTW were not marked as gold price changes.

Let em know if ^ was to much info. :)

FYI, I may post this on my site as it is good info.
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#1015 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

here's a teaser trailer for a game called Deadlight, "a puzzle platformer set across a zombie-infested West Coast in 1986".

Seems like an interesting premise, but it won't be coming out until next summer.

#1016 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Spylon -

Makes sense to me, thanks. During my downtime at work I've been going through the XBLA games and making a list of all the ones that have never gone on sale. Not terribly useful, but I just find this sort of stuff interesting. I'll probably post it here soon, just in case others want to see it. For the last 18 months or so I can pretty much tell just from memory if a game has been on sale or not, but before that I didn't pay attention to the sales so I'm using your site as a reference.

here's a teaser trailer for a game called Deadlight, "a puzzle platformer set across a zombie-infested West Coast in 1986".

Seems like an interesting premise, but it won't be coming out until next summer.

This one does sound interesting, can't wait to hear more about it. Also, according to xbox.com, Puddle is coming out next week along with Quarrel.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1017 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

Those compilation discs makes my 360 (Jasper) sound like a jet engine. Well, Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged and the one that came with Sonic and Sega All Stars Tennis

^^^Mine too. Same for Family Game Night 1. For whatever reason, these compilation discs are MUCH louder and spin faster than normal 360 games. Sometimes even makes crunching sounds. Scares me to even play them for extended periods of time for fear of red ringing my 360.

#1018 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'm prepared to bite at 600.

I'd waffle at 600 but wouldn't hesitate for 400.

#1019 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

Too bad.. should of bought orcs must die last week, but was undecided if I wanted it until now. Going to have to wait for another sale on it.

#1020 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

lol, that narrator sounds like someone I would hear in an 80s movie trailer. Appropriate the game is set in 1986.