XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5106 replies to this topic

#2071 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I've gone back a few pages but I'm sure its quite possible that I missed this answer if the question was indeed asked... So let me apologize in advanced.

Anyhow, does Deus Ex: Human Revolution have anymore DLC coming out or is Missing Link it? It seemed like it was going to at some point but its been a long time since that bit came out.

#2072 infamy

infamy

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Not sure, but A Missing Link is fantastic.

#2073 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

I fee like I should chime in and say, "Stay on topic and keep the fighting down," but I've seen worse here.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#2074 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Now that DiRT 3 Complete Edition has been announced, granted the game does not appeal to me, but it does encourage me some publishers still release editions of games better for the late adopter. Now this may tell me DiRT 3 DLC may get the Deal of the Week treatment in the immediate future if the Live team wants to be cruel ^^. No, but seriously, I held out on Arkham Asylum and later got its GotY Edition when it was on sale. Given next week's DotW, and I have not acquired Arkham City yet, do you think it is likely a GotY edition shows up for me? (and I am not asking about its GotY worthiness, just the possibilty of an edition with all/most the DLC)

I could definitely see Dirt 3 DLC going on sale in the near future. That would suck, but it does seem as if the Live crew enjoys torturing us sometimes.

Also, my guess would be that there will definitely be a Arkham City GotY edition. I think there is enough DLC to justify it. Also, maybe they could pair it with a Dark Knight Rises movie ticket or something.

This is what happens when we know the DOTW 2 weeks in advance. Can't wait till we get back to speculating the deals for 2/21.

Toy Soldiers 2 please please please please please! And Bubble Bobble!

I fee like I should chime in and say, "Stay on topic and keep the fighting down," but I've seen worse here.

Ya, there's been far worse. And I actually like this thread because it's a good community to talk about XBLA games with. Obviously any discussion not about the DotW is off topic, but I still like it. I wish the PSN thread was as alive as this one is.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2075 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Well, I feel partially responsible for the "off the rails" course the thread has gone, and I feel bad for that. I originally intended to offer a minority perspective on a specific game someone mentioned they were considering to purchase (possibly for the rewards offer), since the person had an initial negative impression but later positive. It was not intended to spark divisive conversation. You mentioned you disagreed with my points, when I didn't feel I offered any due to length of the post, so I presented clarification for consideration in hopes to assist with a purchasing decision. I don't believe there's anything wrong with discussion about games, I am just unhappy the thread has strayed a bit from XBL deal/reward discussions since we have something new this week along with a pretty good reward offer for the month. To repeat: my intention was to detail a minority perspecitve on a specific game for assisting in a specific person's purchasing decision, nothing more.

That's exactly my intent every time I offer my opinion but HOO BOY does it rustle some people's jimmies.

Also, in my search for unlikely marketplace items to see a deal, I have come across a Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes "I am the boss" DLC at 240MSP. I like the base game which did get on a sale before, it is an Ubisoft published game, and based on the description on the dashboard the DLC sounds a bit overpriced. I played the base game on another platform (nowhere near completion) but the XBLA edition is in my backlog, and I intend to play it to completion. Do you think it is better if I should hold out for a sale on this DLC item or just take it now for 5% refund?

That DLC just lets you play as the boss characters in versus mode. It's absolutely not worth it. You won't be playing much versus mode because the campaign will have completely tired you of it anyway.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2076 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

That DLC just lets you play as the boss characters in versus mode. It's absolutely not worth it. You won't be playing much versus mode because the campaign will have completely tired you of it anyway.

Haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard this is correct. Very long campaign.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2077 Abbadon74

Abbadon74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm REALLY on the fence about the Crimson Alliance pack (all characters). I played the demo (by myself--didn't try multiplayer), and have read the metacritic reviews, and am still undecided. I have a long-term goal of saving up enough points to get the Forza 4 Season Pass, and I'm half-way there, so maybe that's why I'm hesitant on biting.

A couple questions for anyone who has the game:
-Do you stay in the dungeons the whole game?
-How is the loot/character upgradeability?

Thanks for the help. I'd definitely be interested in hearing from people who feel strongly about the game either way.

-B

#2078 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

back on the topic of the current deal of the week, i am enjoying nba jam on fire edition. plays like i remember back on sega genesis. if anyone is curious, the entire details of the recent roster update can be found here. also, if you bought the disc based version of nba jam that came out in late 2010, you get bumped up to level 10 and get a bunch of "jam bucks" that you normally have to earn to spend in-game to unlock players, teams, etc. this is basically how ea should have re-released nba jam in 2010 to begin with.

Edited by chipper_95, 12 February 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#2079 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

I'm REALLY on the fence about the Crimson Alliance pack (all characters). I played the demo (by myself--didn't try multiplayer), and have read the metacritic reviews, and am still undecided. I have a long-term goal of saving up enough points to get the Forza 4 Season Pass, and I'm half-way there, so maybe that's why I'm hesitant on biting.

A couple questions for anyone who has the game:
-Do you stay in the dungeons the whole game?
-How is the loot/character upgradeability?

Thanks for the help. I'd definitely be interested in hearing from people who feel strongly about the game either way.

-B

I've only played the demo, but I'm pretty sure I can answer at least one of your questions.

The upgradeability in the game seems to be very limited. From what I could tell, you don't even level up your character. The only way you improve your stats is by finding new weapons. Also, I'm pretty sure there is no loot system either, there are weapons stashed away in treasure chests hidden in levels, and you can pick up gold from vanquished foes to buy weapons, but as for actual "looting", it seemed non-existant.

Someone who's played the full game please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm finally leaning towards just getting a single character pack (the assassin), because I don't see myself replaying it too much.

back on the topic of the current deal of the week, i am enjoying nba jam on fire edition. plays like i remember back on sega genesis. if anyone is curious, the entire details of the recent roster update can be found here. also, if you bought the disc based version of nba jam that came out in late 2010, you get bumped up to level 10 and get a bunch of "jam bucks" that you normally have to earn to spend in-game to unlock players, teams, etc. this is basically how ea should have re-released nba jam in 2010 to begin with.

That's cool, I didn't know you got bonuses for having the disc-based version. I had the disc on 360 but bought OFE on PS3, so I guess I'm out of luck on that one.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2080 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

That's exactly my intent every time I offer my opinion but HOO BOY does it rustle some people's jimmies.

People tend to be pretty sensational when expressing a negative opinion though, or offer no context.

For example we've seen stuff like "If it weren't for the narration, Bastion would be a piece of crap"

A more insightful comment could be something like "It's got a good story, and the narration and music are good, but the gameplay is a bit repetitive and thin." Personally that's how I felt about Bastion. I enjoyed it a lot and would have it in my XBLA top 10 all-time... but I felt the actual core gameplay was largely ignored in the super lofty reviews that some sites gave it. And I think having in top 5 of the year overall (as some sites have had), borders on insanity. It's not a faultless game.

Anyway, i think if people offered more thought-out opinions on why someone shouldn't buy something it would probably be better received. Talk of 'mount rushmore of overrated' doesn't do anyone much good.

#2081 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

I'm hovering over buy on code veronica but I'm thinking there might be a sale soon before ORC D=

#2082 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

People tend to be pretty sensational when expressing a negative opinion though, or offer no context.

For example we've seen stuff like "If it weren't for the narration, Bastion would be a piece of crap"

A more insightful comment could be something like "It's got a good story, and the narration and music are good, but the gameplay is a bit repetitive and thin." ...

Anyway, i think if people offered more thought-out opinions on why someone shouldn't buy something it would probably be better received. Talk of 'mount rushmore of overrated' doesn't do anyone much good.

I could not agree with you more, cthomer. :applause:

#2083 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

So I plan on picking up Just Cause 2 sometime this week, how are the 2 dlc packs on sale for it?

Reading up on it a bit, the boom pack seems like a lot of fun with a destructive grenade launcher, a cool rocket launcher, and a real fun air propulsion gun. I'm unaware with the game, but once you buy these guns once, you have them forever right?

The aerial pack looks ok, adding a rocket launcher, a jet, and some cool thrusters for your parachute. Same question as before, once you buy these, you have them for good right?

Any further input on these packs would be appreciated.

#2084 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

I'm hovering over buy on code veronica but I'm thinking there might be a sale soon before ORC D=

Just pick up a cheap copy for the Dreamcast or PS2 if you really want to play it.

Costs less and you'll get pretty much the exact same gameplay experience.

#2085 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Just pick up a cheap copy for the Dreamcast or PS2 if you really want to play it.

this. from what i hear, the " remastering" is really more of a minor upscaling.

#2086 Abbadon74

Abbadon74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

I've only played the demo, but I'm pretty sure I can answer at least one of your questions.

The upgradeability in the game seems to be very limited. From what I could tell, you don't even level up your character. The only way you improve your stats is by finding new weapons. Also, I'm pretty sure there is no loot system either, there are weapons stashed away in treasure chests hidden in levels, and you can pick up gold from vanquished foes to buy weapons, but as for actual "looting", it seemed non-existant.

Someone who's played the full game please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm finally leaning towards just getting a single character pack (the assassin), because I don't see myself replaying it too much.

Thanks, man. I appreciate the insight. I was hoping for more customization of your character, and in addition, I've heard it's a relatively short game anyway. Yeah, maybe I need to skip on it altogether, and save up for the Forza 4 dlc.

Thanks!

-B

#2087 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

So I plan on picking up Just Cause 2 sometime this week, how are the 2 dlc packs on sale for it?

Reading up on it a bit, the boom pack seems like a lot of fun with a destructive grenade launcher, a cool rocket launcher, and a real fun air propulsion gun. I'm unaware with the game, but once you buy these guns once, you have them forever right?

The aerial pack looks ok, adding a rocket launcher, a jet, and some cool thrusters for your parachute. Same question as before, once you buy these, you have them for good right?

You always have to rebuy the vehicles once you wreck/lose them. You can refill the ammo in the weapons you buy but I tend to end up swapping weapons at some point because it's quicker than finding ammo, and then of course.. have to rebuy the weapon again. Making money in the game is super easy though.

I'd recommend buying both because they're cheap and just adds more fun stuff to a great game.

#2088 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

No, you can only carry a few guns at a time, but you can pay for new weapons or ammo from the blackmarket guy whenever you need it. The pack with the multilock missile launcher and rocket boosters for the parachute seems like the best one you could get since those are useful items to have.

The Achievement Hunter guys have a video showing off what comes with the Aerial Pack:

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2089 infamy

infamy

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

But, achievements! :cry:

#2090 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think I'll end up buying all the Deus Ex DLC and the Just Cause 2 aerial pack. I should probably stop buying dlc for crap I haven't even opened yet.

#2091 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

I think I'll end up buying all the Deus Ex DLC and the Just Cause 2 aerial pack. I should probably stop buying dlc for crap I haven't even opened yet.

Me too. It's my way of supporting developers when I buy used games. At least that's how I justify it lol.

#2092 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

But, achievements! :cry:

Seriously... If I'm going to play through a lengthy and challenging aged game, I'd at least like some Achievements to show for it. Buying a used copy of CV and a Dreamcast would cost way more than $20 anyway.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2093 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

Seriously... If I'm going to play through a lengthy and challenging aged game, I'd at least like some Achievements to show for it. Buying a used copy of CV and a Dreamcast would cost way more than $20 anyway.

Why not play it on the Dreamcast you have on the shelf? Or am I the only pack rat that hoards all of his old games? If I want to play Punch-Out!!! (featuring Mike Tyson dammit!) why would I play it on the virtual console when I can just put the cart in one of my NESs and play the original? On the other hand, if Nintendo introduced some sort of achievement system I would probably buy Punch-Out!!! in a second and run through for some gamerscore. :P

I'd say buy the GoD version and enjoy getting some achievements. It won't kill you to pay retail (in GoD's case retail is way to freaking high but that's what a monopoly can get you) once in a while. I'll be buying a slew of $5-$10 ancient XBLA games at the end of the month just to get a quarter in savings.

#2094 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

I do collect a lot of things and I still own both of my Dreamcasts, but I was thinking of how the average person likely doesn't have one any more. Also, I'd love to have all of my consoles hooked up, but I just don't have room for that in my entertainment center. The mess of cords would be completely unmanageable and unpleasant, too - I tried it with a different shelf a while back.

Anyway, as you get older, the systems and games tend to pile up. Eventually, unless you're wealthy and live in a huge place, you're going to run out of room. It's unavoidable if you keep everything. That's one reason I dig digital distribution, though in the 360's case, hard drive space is still an issue. Not that I don't keep anything, but I did have to part with a couple hundred Genesis games last year in favor of freeing up some space.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2095 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

Off topic as usual, but I just finished playing Bloodrayne: Betrayal and it is an awesome, awesome game. There are 2 platforming sections that are unnecessarily difficult, but other than that it has excellent combat and respectable platforming. One of my favorites from 2011.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2096 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

Playing NBA Jam OFE reminds me why I just am not a big fan of it. It seems like player skill is almost entirely removed from the equation of that game.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2097 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

Playing NBA Jam OFE reminds me why I just am not a big fan of it. It seems like player skill is almost entirely removed from the equation of that game.

If you play it casually, yea, but I've played some pretty competitive games online that required me at my best with stealing, shoving, pump fakes, passing, alley oops, 3 point shooting, and playing good tight perimeter defense to stop the 3 point shot.

it takes more skill than you might think..

#2098 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

See, I keep trying to use all those but the game does not seem to make it clear whether what I'm trying to do is effective in X, Y, or Z situations.

Of course, every game can be competitive in a tight match-up, but at the moment, the algorithm is unclear to me. It just seems like my steals and shoves work and theirs don't or my clear shots miss the basket and the AI is touching himself in the corner rather than being there for the rebound. Every game I've won and lost feels like I've had nothing to do with the outcome, even when I'm managing defense, offense, shooting, et al.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2099 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

just bought BloodyCheckers and the dude who made it messaged me and was watching me play for a little but...it's an amazing game which I would of paid 39.99 for if anything you owe it to yourself to try the demo its a lot of fun

#2100 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thought about getting Just Cause 2 eventually, so I might pick up the DLC today. Just to make sure, the DLC on sale currently isn't something you can just unlock in the game right? I'm always cautious with these weapon pack DLCs because I'm never sure if these are exclusive weapons or just early unlocks to something already in the game.
Posted Image