XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5106 replies to this topic

#2341 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

If I can't play my 100 game backlog of XBLA/few games on demand and less so indie games (would like to be able to play them too but this won't stop me if I can at least have xbla / games on demand) then I'll probably skip out on the next Xbox at least for awhile until I can find a really good price on one. what would really upset me even more would be if they made the 360 unable to connect to live or something and make it so you can't play any of your content (i think if you aren't online you cant? or i've had that happen before where i didnt have internet for a couple months and several things were unable to access).

i dont think they will cancel out the 360 when they release a next gen console though, they're still selling content and they've sold so many consoles at this point, seems pointless to ever do away with it until they're losing money on it.

Well from what I understand you can play all your content offline as long as it was the console that holds the licence for that content. So lets say you have an xbox (xbox A) and you buy a bunch of xbox live arcade games for it. You then go to a friends house and redownload those games on his xbox (xbox B). You can play all your xbox live arcade games on xbox A offline since the licences are registered to xbox A. However if your friend tried to play those xbox live arcade games offline he would only see them as a trial version. The only way to play the full arcade games on Xbox B would be to sign in the account that purchased those games and remain connected to xbox live. Microsoft has allowed users to transfer licences to other xboxes and removing it from the original because of things like RROD or if a customer gets a new console. Here is more information on the Digital Rights Management for xbox.

#2342 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

So is this another week with no sneak peaks at what the deal is going to be?

XBLDB will pick them up this evening and then MajorNelson will likely post a 2 week post on his blog around 12pm EST.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#2343 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

http://marketplace.x...79-69cec081a62a

Junk-Fu for Fun Labs is free for this week
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#2344 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

http://marketplace.x...79-69cec081a62a

Junk-Fu for Fun Labs is free for this week

Posted about this earlier today, but I believe it got buried amongst others posting about achievements and disc/digital content. Same thing with the Blacklight Tango Down dropping to 400 points. Either that or people just didn't care. No biggy though & I didn't know it was free for 1 week only. Thanks for putting up the link and keeping us informed

#2345 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Well from what I understand you can play all your content offline as long as it was the console that holds the licence for that content. So lets say you have an xbox (xbox A) and you buy a bunch of xbox live arcade games for it. You then go to a friends house and redownload those games on his xbox (xbox B). You can play all your xbox live arcade games on xbox A offline since the licences are registered to xbox A. However if your friend tried to play those xbox live arcade games offline he would only see them as a trial version. The only way to play the full arcade games on Xbox B would be to sign in the account that purchased those games and remain connected to xbox live. Microsoft has allowed users to transfer licences to other xboxes and removing it from the original because of things like RROD or if a customer gets a new console. Here is more information on the Digital Rights Management for xbox.

Oh yea i remember reading about this or asking about it back when it happened. it was because I had bought a new xbox, and I still haven't done the license transfer thing, so I guess I have to do that at some point, how time consuming is it does anyone know?

#2346 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Oh yea i remember reading about this or asking about it back when it happened. it was because I had bought a new xbox, and I still haven't done the license transfer thing, so I guess I have to do that at some point, how time consuming is it does anyone know?

I can't give you an exact number since it's been a while, the actual transfer itself is quick and painless, but you need to have both your console and your PC/Laptop connected to the internet at the same time requiring a router. It shouldn't take you more than 10 mins, but it was a pain for me because I like a hardwire direct connection and just switch my ethernet cord from Xbox to PC instead of using a Router. I used my much slower cell phone to do it, but it worked.

Edit: Oh after you transfer licenses you should check the console offline to make sure you can play all your games and if you can't, you'll have to redownload some of them - I didn't factor that in. Some games needed to be redownloaded after the transfer so I could play then offline.

#2347 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

So is this another week with no sneak peaks at what the deal is going to be?

Lol every other Monday night.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2348 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Posted about this earlier today, but I believe it got buried amongst others posting about achievements and disc/digital content. Same thing with the Blacklight Tango Down dropping to 400 points. Either that or people just didn't care. No biggy though & I didn't know it was free for 1 week only. Thanks for putting up the link and keeping us informed

My guess is probably nobody was interested was in blacklight. I downloaded the fun labs for if\when I get a Kinect. Waiting for sub-$50 for that.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2349 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

So, while we wait. What arcade game has everyone played the most total playtime on?

Pac Man CE DX is mine. I get addicted to climbing the leaderboards

#2350 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

My guess is probably nobody was interested was in blacklight. I downloaded the fun labs for if\when I get a Kinect. Waiting for sub-$50 for that.

I asked about it, but was quickly told it was not very good and nobody plays online and is a online only game and that sealed the deal for me.

#2351 WTPolaris

WTPolaris

Atypically Typical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

So, while we wait. What arcade game has everyone played the most total playtime on?

Monday Night Combat. I have played nearly 500 hours of it, according to raptr. Still playing it after a year and a half.

Next most is probably Pinball FX2 but that's only around 60 hours or so.

#2352 infamy

infamy

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

My most played would probably be Torchlight, Monday Night Combat, Trials HD and Shadow Complex. Maybe SMB as well. So addicting.

#2353 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Puzzle Fighter, Super Street Fighter II HDR, or Marvel vs Capcom 2. I still play the fighters, though not as often as before. I got 2 and a half years outa Puzzle Fighter before I called it quits. For 6 months, that one game dominated my gaming life. I really wish there were tourneys held for it, I would have made alot of money.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#2354 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

It didn't go unappreciated. I grabbed it right after seeing your post. Thanks.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#2355 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

42 hours of Shadow Complex according to Raptr. #2 is Plants vs. Zombies at 31 hours and #3 is Defense Grid: Awakening at 26 hours.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2356 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

My most played arcade game was battlefield 1943. Played that all summer when it came out

#2357 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm shocked. Dungeon Defenders with 133 hours with Casltevania HD in second with 78 hours. Although I only signed up for Raptr sometime last year.

#2358 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm shocked. Dungeon Defenders with 133 hours with Casltevania HD in second with 78 hours. Although I only signed up for Raptr sometime last year.

Sounds like me but with the two reversed currently. Haven't had DD for very long.

My tops are Castlevania HD, Torchlight, and Dungeon Defenders.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#2359 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Does raptr log all your play time for you? Or do you have to go in and update your playtime?

#2360 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Definitely Trials HD...No idea how many hours I've logged into that game...Cannot wait for Trials Evolutions!

#2361 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

Does raptr log all your play time for you? Or do you have to go in and update your playtime?

All automatic. It's fun for stats fans like myself. Just wish I had known about it much much sooner. C'est la vie.

#2362 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

It does it automatically for PC and Xbox 360. Everything else has to be manually updated.

It's also not perfect, so it can miss things if you get knocked offline or it's slow to react to your activity.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2363 Rav

Rav

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

Battlefield 1943 and Castle Crashers are tied with 37 hours for me, but I'm pretty sure I've played more Castle Crashers than that ;)
Posted Image
Steam/Xfire ->
Spoiler

#2364 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

I GUESS according to Raptr (which still thinks I have only 8 out of 31 achievements in FF13-2 despite getting them all just a few days ago), the XBLA game I spend the most hours in is Sonic Adventure (DX add-on included), with 37 hours. & that's after the fact I've played & beat the original version and the Gamecube version.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2365 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

All automatic. It's fun for stats fans like myself. Just wish I had known about it much much sooner. C'est la vie.

Yeah, considering the service is free there's really no reason why anyone should skip out on signing up. I wish I had known about it back when it launched. Then I might actually know my most played XBLA game. If I were to hazard a guess though, I'd say either Shadow Complex or Uno, both because I tried to go for the 200/200 achievement points. Winning 10 four-player games of Uno was neigh impossible since people would always rage quit toward the end.
Posted Image

#2366 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

My most played is DOTP 2012, have to have at least 300+ hours in it.. loved it so much I bought it for my laptop as well.

#2367 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

just signed up for Raptr... too bad didn't know about it til now, everything at 0 hours kind of pointless lol.

#2368 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

According to Raptr I've put 30 hours into NFL Blitz and 29 into Full House Poker. I did not have Raptr prior to 2009 so take that for what it's worth.
Posted Image

#2369 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Madden Arcade definitely for me. I would play that for hours every night.

#2370 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

Geometry Wars 2 is by far my most played arcade game, but I didn't have Raptr until a couple years ago, so that didn't get tracked at all. More recently, Banjo-Tooie, Super Meat Boy and Pinball FX2 are my top. http://raptr.com/praried0g