Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

Amazon, Y U hate PC users?!

ach.png

#33 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

The problem is Star Breeze is an example of a zombie company, everyone behind the games they did before is gone.

Except strategy, fighting games with good SP (SC2's weapon master mode alone took 15), "sandbox", metroidvania,

Hell, even older shooters and beat-em-ups were 15 (And with secrets, non linear levels and actually fun action, had replay value).

**** each Ace Attorney is more than 8 hours to my memory.

I said there were exceptions...

Strategy games are absolutely among the exceptions, but outside of a few popular releases each year it's a niche genre. This is not because the games that do come out are bad, there just isn't much appeal.

You cite the earlier SC games, but there are 100+ fighting games each generation that don't feature modes with that kind of substance.

Beat 'em ups were 15? What? If you mean arcade style, no way, most were under 2 hours, if even that. But if you're talking about action games from PS1 era onward, in that case it's a matter of extra challenges, the difficulty level, and perhaps even your tactics.

But it seems that you're counting 100%, which isn't what he or I were talking about (meaning sandbox/Metroidvania would be restricted to the story missions or main objectives, none of that secret hunting and exploring, etc.). I realize that you or I actually check those things out, but when most people talk about campaign length they're not talking about every little thing you can do.

Edited by Prismatico, 05 January 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#34 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Brink 2.0?

#35 MightyHealthy

MightyHealthy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

They turned one of my favorite series into a crappy FPS. I'll be talking with my wallet and not buying this generic FPS crap. Give me back my old Syndicate.

It's like Shadowrun all over again :(
Posted Image

#36 Gaming-Module

Gaming-Module

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Shadowrun was actually a really brilliant online tactical shooter that everyone who got over their childish nostalgia-fueled fanboyism enjoyed immensely.

Maybe if you diehard fans had given it a shot we'd be talking about a Shadowrun RPG right about now...

#37 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

I want the old syndicate which I never understood how to play but it seemed neat. I remember that first level like no other.

#38 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

Amazon, Y U hate PC users?!

PC gaming, your doing it wrong

#39 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

PC gaming, your doing it wrong

om nom!
http://xbigygames.co...ontroller22.jpg

ach.png

#40 exterminator13

exterminator13

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Syndicate is now available for same day as release for .99 cents.

#41 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I would bite if it was the game for .99 cents.

#42 ThingontheFloor

ThingontheFloor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Thanks! Put an order in while I still have Prime. Free release day shipping is pretty sweet.
Posted Image

#43 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

Looks like we'll be getting a demo soon. Here's a link with the new trailer... still looking pretty good to me (at the very least it gets a 10/10 for style in my book).

http://www.gameinfor...o-incoming.aspx

#44 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

Looks like we'll be getting a demo soon. Here's a link with the new trailer... still looking pretty good to me (at the very least it gets a 10/10 for style in my book).

http://www.gameinfor...o-incoming.aspx

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try but it still seems like a rental would be better for me. I feel like the negativity around here about most games is starting to get to my own purchase decisions, though.

#45 matpaq

matpaq

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:37 PM

Syndicate for the PC is 47.99 at Newegg with pre-order and promo code: EMCNJJC76. 48 hours only. So maybe this is the best deal so far for PC gamers.

Edited by matpaq, 17 January 2012 - 09:38 PM.
More Details

#46 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

They turned one of my favorite series into a crappy FPS. I'll be talking with my wallet and not buying this generic FPS crap. Give me back my old Syndicate.

This.

Lasers, gauss guns, 4 units, massive armor upgrades, leg upgrades so they run like crackheads, or nothing.

#47 AngelsDontBurn

AngelsDontBurn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

To be honest I don't see how anyone can really knock this without giving it a chance. I've loved everything Starbreeze has done previously. I understand this isn't the same Syndicate, but that doesn't mean it's going to be garbage. I love Shadowrun and to be honest I'm glad I didn't have blind hate for the game when it was released on 360 because it was one of the most innovative and fun FPS experiences I had in awhile.

I'm seriously considering this. There's just so many games coming out so I want to make sure that I plan my purchases well.

#48 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

To be honest I don't see how anyone can really knock this without giving it a chance. I've loved everything Starbreeze has done previously. I understand this isn't the same Syndicate, but that doesn't mean it's going to be garbage. I love Shadowrun and to be honest I'm glad I didn't have blind hate for the game when it was released on 360 because it was one of the most innovative and fun FPS experiences I had in awhile.

I'm seriously considering this. There's just so many games coming out so I want to make sure that I plan my purchases well.

I think since of it was because they should have said from the start, Syndicate FPS. They announced it, so fans were like, Fuck yea!

Then months later they're like, hey, it's an FPS, not the isometric thing you people who gave a shit about it in the first place wanted to hear.

Edit: They led us on for TWO YEARS.

#49 farmerbobhack

farmerbobhack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

I wish they would offer it for pc gamers, :cry:

#50 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

Shadowrun was fun for a bit,but it got boring really fast,I do give them credit for trying something different though.Now one of the things I love about the games Starbreeze has done is the shooting isn't the main point in their games,like in Escape from Butcher Bay where shooting was the weakest part of the game compared to the stealth and Adventuring elements.Same with The Darkness with the Darkness powers.

Edited by themaster20000, 19 January 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#51 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

gameplay video took away my interest.

going to have to wait for $25 or under. doubt I will have to wait long.
Posted Image