You are on a Deserted Island... (Thread version)

phantasyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
... There is food, solar power and a LCD tv. But you can't escape, its impossible ok? Which 3 Video games would you want to have on this Island if you know that these would be the only games that you would ever play again and why? (There is no Online capabilities)

My choices are

Yakuza 4 (Game has tons of mini Game/side quest content that wouldn't get old)
Persona 4 (This game is 100+ hours plus with different difficulty settings it would last me least a year)
Final Fantasy XII (Game is long as hell with side quests)

Honorable mentions (Monster hunter any version)

Skyrim--haven't even played it yet, but I loved Oblivion. Long as hell, ton's of options.

Some sports game (not sure which). Unlimited replay value since not story driven. I barely play these any more as they're big time sinks and I like story driven games. But if I was looking for something I could play over and over, a sports game would fit the bill. Maybe the best NCAA Football one.

Not sure what I'd pick for a third one. Probably another long WRPG. Maybe Mass Effect 2 or Fallout 3.

Skyrim for content and length.
Galaga as it's my favorite and I'm not sure if it would ever get old.
Tetris/Dr. Mario would be a third for obvious reasons, ie they are the best puzzle games ever.

dragon quest 8, my favorite game
sonics ultimate genesis collection, tons of classic games that i love
#3 would probably be something more current just to balance things out. maybe red dead redemption

Mass Effect 2
Final Fantasy XII
Persona 4

If the scenario included online play, I'd probably sub in Borderlands or Gears 3 in the Persona slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skryim for just the massive amount of stuff to do.
GTA: San Andreas because of the crazy shit you can do in that game
Tetris & Dr. Mario- There is a SNES version that has both on the cart.

Good call on puzzle games. I'd make that my third.

Either the Tetris/Dr. Mario SNES cart mentioned, or Tetris Attack.

Since you made a new thread, I'll put this here too.

An impossible decision, but I'd have to be careful to factor in massive replayability into every choice. Therefore, even some of my favorite games would be left off.

1. GTAIV: Easy choice, almost four years later and I still pick this game up to joyride once a week. Not only that, but I'm STILL finding new content/jokes. Nuts.

2. MLB 10 the Show: Another game I've been playing for almost two years. The beauty of this game is the fact that you end up playing RTTS years after all current stars are retired, so updated rosters mean nothing. And If i get tired of one position, I can make a pitcher, or catcher, or even a franchise.

3. Animal Crossing: a bit of a surprise entry, but it makes perfect sense when you think about it. What other game mimics human interaction and the mundaneness of normal life so well? I know after a few months I'd end up like Tom hanks in Castaway: spilling my heart out to Bluebear and Jerimiah in multiple page missives, only for them to respond with, "I didn't understand a thing you said! Learn how to write lol."

Honorable mentions go to these games that I've been playing for years:

FFVII
SOR2
Shenmue
Rez (just too short to justify bringing)
SFIV(almost made the list. involves so much strategy you'll never completely master it)
Tetris
Oblivion/Skyrim(I hate elder scrolls but there's a million quests, with infinite ways to solve them)

[quote name='panzerfaust']World of Warcraft
Counter-Strike
Diablo II[/QUOTE]

Seems like your going to have a bit of trouble playing a couple of those with no online capabilities.

--

Dragon Age Origins (Ultimate Edition) - Love this game, and there are some many ways you could play through it with the different origins and characters, I'm sure it would last me a long time (at some point soon I think I might do a city elf rouge playthrough).

Skyrim - Another game that can be played through a few different ways giving it plenty of replayability.

DDR (Stepmania) - Assuming I have a good collection of songs from my favorite DDR games (150+) it would take a long time to get bored with the game, and maybe I'd have enough time to slowly master the really difficult songs.

GTA Complete
Saint's Row 2 or 3

and.....

one of the longer RPG's like Skyrim/Oblivion....basically something that has a shitton of stuff to do so that you could be playing for YEARS.

But quick question, how long does the LCD tv hold out? Whaddya do AFTER that goes?;)

1) Skyrim: So much stuff to do in that game. Could play for a full year and never get sick of it.

2) Perfect Dark: A shooter is a must for me as I've always loved the genre, and while it's not quite the same, the game does have bots so I could at least get some multiplayer action in when I desired.

3) Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Never hurts to have some classic action games, and what better one than mega man? The collection comes with MM 1-8, along with two non-us released fighting games. While I might not play them half the time, never hurts to have an extra option.

Honorable Mention) Carmageddon 2: Car destruction + Killing Pedestrians + Iron Maiden. What's not to love?

I considered taking a sports game, if only for the franchise / season modes. At the same time though, playing against the AI does get old after a while. Baseball, not so much, but the other games kind of do.

How do we procure fresh drinking water on this deserted island? Hence, my choices are the first three Halo games. I'll file down all three game discs with rocks and fashion them into a set of utility blades for use around my campsite. Then, I'll take apart the LCD television and use the polycrystalline silicon photovoltaic gel as a heating base in my newly built stone oven to cook meals. Then, I'll use the back panel of the LCD as a rain collection basin, which I'll then boil in my oven to remove the impurities. The solar panel will function as a signaling device, notifying anyone that might pass of my presence.

Screw you guys and your video games. You won't even get halfway through Skyrim before you die of thirst or disease. ;)

MLB The Show 2011 (2012 if I don't get stranded for a couple months from now)
The Sims 3
Civilization Revolution or Tropico probably (or some sim game like that)

Maybe Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas though, instead of the Sims 3. Not sure.

I would also want a hockey game and a college football game though.

Hell I don't know.

I guess MLB 2012, NHL 2012 and College Football 2012. Final answer.

Skyrim - sheer massive amount of content and the replayability is insane.

Best Madden Title To Date - Franchise mode, period.

Latest Mass Effect (I suppose) - Again, content and replayability.

1.)Instead of Skyrim, I would get Morrowind. The leveling system and lore feels much deeper in it.
2.) Tales of Symphonia: A great action RPG with a ton of side quests, hilarious characters, and it is a game I have already played a few times without getting bored.
3.) One of the GTA games: Hard to pick which one, probably a PS2 one but the more recent ones were all very enjoyable

Last edited by a moderator:
minecraft just so i can make shit

problem with skyrim is eventually you will run out of content and it'll probably be better to have something repetitive or more on the side of user generated content

i also would bring ninja giden 2 and aim to beat the game on ninja master

and just tetris or pacman of some king just so i can do some kind of fast pace puzzle solving and hope i dont go insane hehe :)

No online... So MMOs are out of the question.

Skyrim - I'm not even a fan of the game but there's no denying it'll waste a ton of time. I would grow to like it.

Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - This is kinda cheating. Tons of RPGs to keep me busy (Phantasy Star 1-4, Shinning Force 1 & 2. Beyond Oasis & Golden Axe Warrior) Plus tons of old school goodness from Sonic, Shinobi, Columns, Ristar, etc. Beating them all should keep me busy for a long time.

Not sure about the 3rd one. Maybe Persona 4, but even after 2 playthroughs you pretty much do everything. I was thinking about a fighting game but with no internet that would get boring quick.

bread's done
Back