Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #265: The $50,000 Poop

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

I'm in the middle of playing Uncharted 3 right now, and I'm getting pretty annoyed with getting killed in one shot by a rocket launcher.
Cheapy's poop story was pretty funny, and now I'm wondering what his wife's reaction will be. The "where is this hangar now?" bit from the last poop story was hilarious.

#32 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Cheapy, you win the worst father of the year award. I think you said "gimme 15 minutes" like 4 times throughout the podcast. Dude, that kid is going to have issues.

:roll: God forbid a kid keep himself occupied for a 90 minute podcast recording session. I wish I had gotten 10% of the attention Tai gets from Cheapy from my dad. Way to come to a quick judgement, dude.

#33 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

Uncharted hate is hilarious.

If it were a 360 exclusive it'd probably be called the best thing ever around here.

i am ( well was) a fan of the series and u3 was shit.dont have an xbox and i dont want one sometimes you can blame fanboyism for game hate but not for u3 the game is a mess.

#34 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

Yes I have posted that UC3 was the worst SP of all time twice already.
It is kind of ironic sense 2 was one of the best in my opinion. MP was fine. Everything 2 was fucking amazing.

As far as fanboyism, I do have both and I prefer PS3 normally. How can you not after 2011? I do have a brain however and I try to get the best version of a game (Skyrim-360).

What really sucks for me is I bought the season pass at GS because they said it was cheaper if you bought it then (Fucking liars).
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#35 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

This has got to be the best CAGcast of the year without a doubt! I enjoyed having you all back in my ears after your break.
And I enjoyed the comments made whenever Cheapy was trying to telll Tai something, great show like always.

Currently playing: :joystick:
:ps3: Hitman: Absolution  :twoguns:  :-$ 
:psp: Limbo  :applause:

gallery_474050_8161_109072.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

#36 RKDynamic

RKDynamic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Regarding UC3...

Yeah, I kind of agree. It was a fun game but a lot of it was uneven. I got really frustrated towards the end of it.

UC3 was a bit of an oddity for me. That game frustrated the poop out of me on the Normal difficulty. I had almost decided to just switch down to very easy to see the story pan out and give up hope on the platty. I love the series and have plattys in the first two, so I stuck with it and finished it on crushing. The oddity is that, IMHO, Crushing was 75% less frustrating than Normal was. Why is that?
Dynamic

Posted Image

#37 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

This has got to be the best CAGcast of the year without a doubt! I enjoyed having you all back in my ears after your break.
And I enjoyed the comments made whenever Cheapy was trying to telll Tai something, great show like always.

Someone needs to make a Tai remix of "Bye Bye Bye." Hahaha... Tai stole the show.

As Cheapy told his "$50,000 Poop" story, I thought the worst and figured he ended up laying on his stomach, with his pants down, and a fountain— Yeah, totally glad it didn't end that way. (Not that the real story is much different. ;) )

#38 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Rolled my eyes at Cheapy's iPhone screed. I chuckle at the irony of Cheapy mocking listeners who have a console bias but goes nuts whenever someone considers anything but an iPhone. I don't begrudge him his own personal choice but when you flip out that someone might want a phone different than yours, you're a fanboy.

#39 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

Cheapy, you win the worst father of the year award. I think you said "gimme 15 minutes" like 4 times throughout the podcast. Dude, that kid is going to have issues.

Spoken like someone who doesn't have kids. This scenario is all too familiar to parents when one has to go away and the other still has work to do. I know, hard to believe, but Cheap Ass Gamer is Cheapy's job.

#40 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Regarding UC3...

UC3 was a bit of an oddity for me. That game frustrated the poop out of me on the Normal difficulty. I had almost decided to just switch down to very easy to see the story pan out and give up hope on the platty. I love the series and have plattys in the first two, so I stuck with it and finished it on crushing. The oddity is that, IMHO, Crushing was 75% less frustrating than Normal was. Why is that?

Maybe because knowing in advance where the enemies will spawn makes things much less frustrating? I haven't really started my Crushing run yet, but I'm glad to hear you found it manageable since I plan on getting the U3 platinum eventually.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#41 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

What?! Tai didn't care for the Ewoks?! What's going on, by the Ewok line, anybody born after May 25, 1973 should love 'em!
Posted Image

Batsugunner.png

#42 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

I enjoyed all the Uncharted stories. I felt Uncharted 3 had a lot more forced hand to hand fights that were not in the first 2. I find it as a shooter but it's not the best shooter in the world. I think it works fine and I don't find the shooting mechanics that bad and I find Gears of Wars series more frustrating to me as a shooter with it's controls. I also enjoys Uncharted's story and makes me really look forward to it's Vita counterpart.

I got my wife the kindle fire for Christmas, She enjoys using it to read and look on the web.

Awesome show as always guys.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#43 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

HAHAHA, that was a good poop story Cheapy. It was definitely worth $52k XD

I canceled my Vita preorder mainly because of the overpriced proprietary mem cards. I don't think I can stomach paying those prices for the cards. I only want the biggest one since I don't wanna buy another one if I run outta space. I might just wait for a sale or something. I do not want to pay full MSRP for them. The games are also too pricey at $50 so I'll wait for price drops for them as well. I'm gonna expect bomba sales for them anyway so I'll wait. My backlog is so huge that my interest in the Vita has gone way down.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#44 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Are you sure it was poop? It might have some kind of miso paste.
Oy vey, watching Gintama to learn about Japanese culture is very detrimental.

Batsugunner.png

#45 testudo

testudo

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

Spoken like someone who doesn't have kids.

Very wrong. I have a son.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#46 testudo

testudo

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

I wish I had gotten 10% of the attention Tai gets from Cheapy from my dad.

I feel sad for you, Tai and Cheepy. Sad, sad, sad.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#47 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Wow Cheapy sounds like a Vita hater. I everything I have seen, it still looks great but I can understand it not being for some people.

#48 negatus

negatus

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

For some reason, I can't download the current episode. The rss feed & direct download link states "The information you requested could not be retrieved" with Firefox. Besides itunes and the rss feed, is there another way to download CAGcast #265?

#49 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Regarding UC3...

I definitely feel the same. Crushing was way more satisfying than normal. It almost feels like it is how it should be played. Enemies didn't really feel more difficult, but only taking a couple shots before dying made me play conservative and tactically. Getting through tough sections felt infinitely more rewarding.

#50 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

I feel sad for you, Tai and Cheepy. Sad, sad, sad.

You are making a lot of assumptions about someone you do not know outside of a podcast. I think it's a little presumptuous to call Cheapy out for his parenting skills when you do not know him. You hear him tell his son "15 more minutes" because he is working and now he's a bad father? You are either trolling or being unfairly judgmental in this case.

#51 orko60

orko60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

HAHAHA, that was a good poop story Cheapy. It was definitely worth $52k XD

I canceled my Vita preorder mainly because of the overpriced proprietary mem cards. I don't think I can stomach paying those prices for the cards. I only want the biggest one since I don't wanna buy another one if I run outta space. I might just wait for a sale or something. I do not want to pay full MSRP for them. The games are also too pricey at $50 so I'll wait for price drops for them as well. I'm gonna expect bomba sales for them anyway so I'll wait. My backlog is so huge that my interest in the Vita has gone way down.

Only ONE game is $50!
Posted Image

#52 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Only ONE game is $50!

And that's the only game I want.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#53 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

I find Cheapy’s story highly suspect…

I listened to the poop story, coincidentally, on the shitter. The beginning of the story got me laughing, but then I began to doubt the likelihood of the events that transpired. I could not understand how poop could get on ones jeans that were not pulled down far enough.

I tried recreating the scenario, sans poop mind you, and could not pull my jeans up far enough that it would even remotely seem possible to get poop on them. The fact that it was a poop created out of constipation adds to the implausibility. Even if it was explosive diarrhea, it seems unlikely that it would be enough poop to match the size of “half a professional baseball.”

The only possibility I could see is if the poop in question was a massive dingle berry that clung to the recesses of Cheapy’s hairy ass, and dropped upon impact of him crawling down to the floor.

Am I alone in understanding how Cheapy’s magical poop escaped the confines of the toilet and created such a terrible mess on the floor?

#54 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Very wrong. I have a son.

I bet that your son ends up having way more "issues" than than Tai.

The only game I'm interested in is Wipeout 2048 which is only $30 and may possibly not require a memory card for saves, so I hoping to get a Vita at launch plus Wipeout for only $280.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#55 patches48

patches48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Awesome podcast.

The poop story was totally worth the $50,000. Can't wait for next year's poop story!

Shipwreck - I usually don't agree with your game impressions but I have to 100% agree with you about Uncharted 3. I really enjoyed Uncharted 2 and was really looking forward to Uncharted 3 but boy oh boy was it disappointing. You hit the head on the nail about it trying to be more like Gears or something. I haven't heard any other gaming podcasts mention this, so I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who thought this. I feel like Uncharted 2 was an adventure game with shooter elements, and Uncharted 3 was a shooter with adventure elements. It makes a big difference.

#56 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

so you preordered a system for $250, knew that games would be around $40 each. Uncharted is $50 which is $10 over what you wanted to pay and since you sound like you wouldn't play much all you needed was a 4 gig memory card for only $30. I don't get the whining about pricing. Because the price differences isn't too bad. Cheapy sounds like he doesn't like the Uncharted series which is fine because it's not for everyone but for you to cancel a preorder over some crazy things doesn't make any sense to be honest. I look forward to Feb 15th so I can start playing away and I'm sure after you hear all the good things you'll be buying one. I appreciated Cheapy's opinions because they are just that. If he started playing a game series that he always enjoyed like Saints Row and then started ripping it, I'd give it some additional creedance.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#57 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Cheapy, I advise not telling the wife the "poop story." There are just some things that can't be unheard.

But, it was just so fucking funny.

#58 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

so you preordered a system for $250, knew that games would be around $40 each. Uncharted is $50 which is $10 over what you wanted to pay and since you sound like you wouldn't play much all you needed was a 4 gig memory card for only $30. I don't get the whining about pricing. Because the price differences isn't too bad. Cheapy sounds like he doesn't like the Uncharted series which is fine because it's not for everyone but for you to cancel a preorder over some crazy things doesn't make any sense to be honest. I look forward to Feb 15th so I can start playing away and I'm sure after you hear all the good things you'll be buying one.

Like I said, I'll get it when the mem cards and games go on sale. If you plan on getting it day one, good for you. I'm not in a rush to grab it at launch.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#59 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

No way that poop story was worth $50k.

#60 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Wombat I love your tweet. You are all definitely three of the industry's finest.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer: