$10 MindJack @ Gamestop PS3(OOS Online) X360

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']If you want to play this game, watch this video first. It's the only affiliation you should ever have with this awful game.[/QUOTE]

lol. that review went on way too long, could have been summed up in a coupe minutes. funny though

[quote name='hwmusic']lol. that review went on way too long, could have been summed up in a coupe minutes. funny though[/QUOTE]
The bigger they are the harder they cum!

Pick this up during the BB clearance for 7-9 dollars, played through it, griefed someone pretty hard in their online game, had fun and traded it in with Pilotwings and Steel Diver (both from BB DotD) to GS got trade 3 get extra 10 in credit. Overall experience not as bad as everyone said. Quick warning I'll play almost any game and finish it.

[quote name='e Skrilla']Video was funny but almost 20 minutes?! it would have took me less than 2 secs to say "Sh!T Game"[/QUOTE]

:lol: I think he just wants to drill in how awful it is. Ever heard of...mind jacking?

Chatted with the employee at GS for a few minutes (I'm lucky, my GS and BB locals are stellar). He seemed genuinely excited to talk to someone about something other than bro of duty or what games to get for their kids.

And then I laid this on the counter.

The look of sadness will haunt me forever. He gave me a look that said "what the hell?" and I just said "i know".

This looks really bad. SE should be ashamed to be associated with it.

I might pick it up when it drops to a buck or two, when I need a new spare PS3 case.

I've never played the game, but if someone is going to put in the effort to make a video that long about how much they hate a game I think that says a lot about it. That coupled with the horrible review scores across the board.

The really sad thing about this game is that was made by the team that co-developed Lost Odyssey. We could have had a sequel to a great RPG, and instead we got this :(

This is honestly - and I say this without the slightest of sarcasm - one of my favorite games this generation. Admittedly, the mechanics are average at best, but the premise of turning enemies into allies is like a modern game of Othello.

If you liked Psi-Ops or Second Sight from last generation, it's worth checking out.

i thought it was an ok game. just felt like no energy/passion in it at all. im like, this is the game...
also plat was annoying, especially the 'get so many kills as the rolly things, omg'

[quote name='whitereflection']This is honestly - and I say this without the slightest of sarcasm - one of my favorite games this generation. Admittedly, the mechanics are average at best, but the premise of turning enemies into allies is like a modern game of Othello.

If you liked Psi-Ops or Second Sight from last generation, it's worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't quite go as far to say it even deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Second Sight (which was absolutely amazing and still the most underrated game of last gen), but it's definitely something different in this boring gen of Zombie FPS and fitness games.

The problem with Mindjack is the story and acting is absolutely WRETCHED. Completely ruins what is an insanely innovative gameplay concept.

It's amazing how a topic about one of the worse games of this gen can eventually be praised if the topic last long enough. Almost surprising...but I've seen worse on this site.

Horrible gameplay
Horrible bosses
Horrible a.i.
Average graphics
Boring

Gameplay is not innovative when you consider it has been done and it's been done 10x better. There is no reason to innovate if you can figure out the simplistic points around your innovation.

Kind of ironic that it's called mind jack because you almost need your mind jacked to buy and or play this game. It's just bad. I'm sure people are going to bash me or whine that I speak the truth. Don't worry though. No one is stopping you from wasting your money.

[quote name='Cocojames333']
Gameplay is not innovative when you consider it has been done and it's been done 10x better. There is no reason to innovate if you can figure out the simplistic points around your innovation.

Kind of ironic that it's called mind jack because you almost need your mind jacked to buy and or play this game. It's just bad. I'm sure people are going to bash me or whine that I speak the truth. Don't worry though. No one is stopping you from wasting your money.[/QUOTE]

I'm not starting an argument, I'm genuinely curious here:

What games have it where you can "hack" into someone's single player campaign and battle against them as the enemy AI Units? Or make it even so you can "boost" a single player game by possessing the enemy and letting your friends run wild over them? Cuz seriously, I want to play them!

I almost want to bite... almost. It hasn't budged in my local BB's clearance bin, so I'm holding out hope that they'll mark it down to chump change. Though I'm probably giving them too much credit.

How much is S&H?

Is this game better or worse than Deadliest Warrior? Since DW got that much attention as a bad game LOL

I maxed this recently and it was a pretty good game. Knowing that it was a bit of a turd didn't set me up for anything. It's very Japanese with it's awesomely crap voice overs, I had no idea what the story was, and the graphics aren't amazing. It's a bad/good game. If you like bad movies, you'll like a bad game. If you have people to boost with, it can be done in around 10 hours.

gohastings.com has the better deal. 7.68 shipped and i dont have to deal with gamestop employees and their "I work at Gamestop, I am the supreme gamer" mentality.

Thanks IBeMark

$10 poop at GS or $7.68 for new shipped poop from GoHastings.

I actually watched that entire review video. Hilarious. Sadly, for a split second, I considered buying it when he said ED-209 was in it. [That insanely gullible part of me that believed him/took him literally reared it's head.]

Don't they have some upcoming game partially about hacking stuff coming out fairly soon? Maybe someone should buy this for them and send it to them.

[quote name='poker360']people may want to look at reviews rather than a video:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mindjack[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The video is very truthful and entertaining and shows you the actual flaws in video form rather then reading them. Angry Joe's video has made me even hesitant to pick this game up for a $1. Hell I might not even download it for free depending on hard drive space.

[quote name='Odinsfury']I've never played the game, but if someone is going to put in the effort to make a video that long about how much they hate a game I think that says a lot about it. That coupled with the horrible review scores across the board.[/QUOTE]

that's not true.

Angry Joe is very sensationalistic to be entertaining and to get hits. Games are either awesome or horrible. There's no gray with him. He's said "this is the worst game ever" for hundreds of reviews. That's why he's Angry Joe.

And when it comes to making a point, people will gather whatever evidence to prove their point. It works that way when writing a paper, a review, or a video.

Not supporting MindJack in any way (didn't even have a clue this game existed before this thread).

It's a very flawed game to be sure, but that doesn't stop it from being fun. If you can look past its "RPG shooting" - think how the shooting felt in the Lost Planet series - it's a good bad game like Deadly Premonition or any cheesy film.

If you want an entertaining review without the angry video game nerd gimmick, try Classic Game Room:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-3t71VTG6k

[quote name='whitereflection']It's a very flawed game to be sure, but that doesn't stop it from being fun. If you can look past its "RPG shooting" - think how the shooting felt in the Lost Planet series - it's a good bad game like Deadly Premonition or any cheesy film.

If you want an entertaining review without the angry video game nerd gimmick, try Classic Game Room:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-3t71VTG6k[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by "RPG shooting?"

[quote name='juanawoman']What do you mean by "RPG shooting?"[/QUOTE]

It's a really slow-paced kind of shooting. It's not like Call of Duty. Have you ever played an MMO that had shooting? It's similar to that.

[quote name='dirtyvu']gohastings shipping will kill you.[/QUOTE]

What I would do - in fact, I did exactly this - is buy the game used during one of their plentiful 30% off sales. You'll get the game for roughly $5 shipped.

Do yourself a favor & get Arkham Asylum for $10 @ Target if your that pent up on buying this junk. Atleast then you'll get your moneys worth, I don't understand why people clamor over Crap just because its cheap.

I still have trouble understanding why there is so much hatred for this game. The story is a mess and the mechanics need to be refined a bit (shooting is a bit like the first Mass Effect), but I thought it was ridiculously fun. It was one of my favorite games last year and I can safely say that I have never spent so much time playing a game's online multiplayer. There was just something so sadistically satisfying about hopping into someone's game as an enemy and completely obliterating them. Maybe I'm an asshole, but it was fun knowing that because of me, somebody else couldn't beat the game (until I either left them alone or finally got offline). And I love that when you die, instead of waiting to respawn, you go hop into a robot or monkey or someone else's body and take control of them (I kinda wish Warp would've done this). The protagonists are at a serious disadvantage for most of the game, so it can be a real challenge if you're fighting good players, but you can turn the tables by hacking enemies' minds and making them fight for you.

Aside from a few frustrating parts, it was a freakin' blast and I replayed it several times with different people, which is extremely rare for me. It may not be one of the best games out there, but it's a shooter that actually tries to do something different and it deserves far more credit. Unfortunately, with all of that said, I can't really recommend it because the online is probably dead and the game just isn't nearly as fun when you play by yourself.

And this is a bit off-topic, but I have to say that the guy from that angry video has to be one of the most annoying people I've ever seen in my life. Goddamn. How can people actually watch his videos?

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Do yourself a favor & get Arkham Asylum for $10 @ Target if your that pent up on buying this junk. Atleast then you'll get your moneys worth, I don't understand why people clamor over Crap just because its cheap.[/QUOTE]This has gotten way less attention than deadliest warrior though I wonder which game is better

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but Deadliest Warrior is one of the worst games I've ever played. I didn't like Batman either, but simply having Mark Hammil as Joker makes it the winner.

Stay away from it... I played MindJack for about 2 hours hoping it would get better. It didn't. Now its trophies on my PSN account are a permanent stain and reminder of it to me. Just like NeverDead. :headache:

someone said this was like Psi-ops.. is that true? I LOVED psi-ops on the xbox. Had one of my favorite moments in gaming. I was trapped in a glass room and a group of enemies sealed me inside it, they then came out and surrounded the outside and laughed as poisonous gas pumped in. I panicd and used my powers to lift one in the air and repeatedly smash his face into the glass until it broke and i ran out and killed all the others after hurling his lifeless corpse at them. The best part was how he went from mocking to 'OW, OH GOD.. OW OH... NO....AHHHH" Friggin hilarious. I had to pause the game cuz my friend and I were busting up. Funny part is after they were dead i realized you were supposed to use the propane tanks in the room to get out, but whatever. Thats why it was so fun. Giving you choices like that

I heard this game was really really bad though. Not sure if the psi ops comparison was accurate

^_^x KD

bread's done
Back