$10 MindJack @ Gamestop PS3(OOS Online) X360

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Drop the zero... and I"m still not interested.

Maybe if they gave me a small disposal fee.

#32 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

Alot of hate on this game and I find it necessary to read everyone's negative comments about reasons not to buy this game.

NOT...

540841.png

#33 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

$10 poop at GS or $7.68 for new shipped poop from GoHastings.

I actually watched that entire review video. Hilarious. Sadly, for a split second, I considered buying it when he said ED-209 was in it. [That insanely gullible part of me that believed him/took him literally reared it's head.]

Don't they have some upcoming game partially about hacking stuff coming out fairly soon? Maybe someone should buy this for them and send it to them.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#34 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

people may want to look at reviews rather than a video:

http://www.metacriti...ox-360/mindjack

I disagree. The video is very truthful and entertaining and shows you the actual flaws in video form rather then reading them. Angry Joe's video has made me even hesitant to pick this game up for a $1. Hell I might not even download it for free depending on hard drive space.

#35 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

I've never played the game, but if someone is going to put in the effort to make a video that long about how much they hate a game I think that says a lot about it. That coupled with the horrible review scores across the board.

that's not true.

Angry Joe is very sensationalistic to be entertaining and to get hits. Games are either awesome or horrible. There's no gray with him. He's said "this is the worst game ever" for hundreds of reviews. That's why he's Angry Joe.

And when it comes to making a point, people will gather whatever evidence to prove their point. It works that way when writing a paper, a review, or a video.

Not supporting MindJack in any way (didn't even have a clue this game existed before this thread).

#36 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

It's a very flawed game to be sure, but that doesn't stop it from being fun. If you can look past its "RPG shooting" - think how the shooting felt in the Lost Planet series - it's a good bad game like Deadly Premonition or any cheesy film.

If you want an entertaining review without the angry video game nerd gimmick, try Classic Game Room:

#37 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

I really enjoy CGR reviews. The guy's funny without being trashy.

#38 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

It's a very flawed game to be sure, but that doesn't stop it from being fun. If you can look past its "RPG shooting" - think how the shooting felt in the Lost Planet series - it's a good bad game like Deadly Premonition or any cheesy film.

If you want an entertaining review without the angry video game nerd gimmick, try Classic Game Room:

What do you mean by "RPG shooting?"

#39 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

$4.99 plus shiping & handing at gohastings :)
"Evil is Funs"

#40 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

gohastings shipping will kill you.

#41 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

What do you mean by "RPG shooting?"

It's a really slow-paced kind of shooting. It's not like Call of Duty. Have you ever played an MMO that had shooting? It's similar to that.

gohastings shipping will kill you.

What I would do - in fact, I did exactly this - is buy the game used during one of their plentiful 30% off sales. You'll get the game for roughly $5 shipped.

#42 tyrok3k

tyrok3k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

The Xbox version is only $9 on Newegg with free shipping.

#43 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Do yourself a favor & get Arkham Asylum for $10 @ Target if your that pent up on buying this junk. Atleast then you'll get your moneys worth, I don't understand why people clamor over Crap just because its cheap.

#44 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

I still have trouble understanding why there is so much hatred for this game. The story is a mess and the mechanics need to be refined a bit (shooting is a bit like the first Mass Effect), but I thought it was ridiculously fun. It was one of my favorite games last year and I can safely say that I have never spent so much time playing a game's online multiplayer. There was just something so sadistically satisfying about hopping into someone's game as an enemy and completely obliterating them. Maybe I'm an asshole, but it was fun knowing that because of me, somebody else couldn't beat the game (until I either left them alone or finally got offline). And I love that when you die, instead of waiting to respawn, you go hop into a robot or monkey or someone else's body and take control of them (I kinda wish Warp would've done this). The protagonists are at a serious disadvantage for most of the game, so it can be a real challenge if you're fighting good players, but you can turn the tables by hacking enemies' minds and making them fight for you.

Aside from a few frustrating parts, it was a freakin' blast and I replayed it several times with different people, which is extremely rare for me. It may not be one of the best games out there, but it's a shooter that actually tries to do something different and it deserves far more credit. Unfortunately, with all of that said, I can't really recommend it because the online is probably dead and the game just isn't nearly as fun when you play by yourself.

And this is a bit off-topic, but I have to say that the guy from that angry video has to be one of the most annoying people I've ever seen in my life. Goddamn. How can people actually watch his videos?

#45 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Do yourself a favor & get Arkham Asylum for $10 @ Target if your that pent up on buying this junk. Atleast then you'll get your moneys worth, I don't understand why people clamor over Crap just because its cheap.

This has gotten way less attention than deadliest warrior though I wonder which game is better

#46 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but Deadliest Warrior is one of the worst games I've ever played. I didn't like Batman either, but simply having Mark Hammil as Joker makes it the winner.

#47 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

Stay away from it... I played MindJack for about 2 hours hoping it would get better. It didn't. Now its trophies on my PSN account are a permanent stain and reminder of it to me. Just like NeverDead. :headache:

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#48 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

someone said this was like Psi-ops.. is that true? I LOVED psi-ops on the xbox. Had one of my favorite moments in gaming. I was trapped in a glass room and a group of enemies sealed me inside it, they then came out and surrounded the outside and laughed as poisonous gas pumped in. I panicd and used my powers to lift one in the air and repeatedly smash his face into the glass until it broke and i ran out and killed all the others after hurling his lifeless corpse at them. The best part was how he went from mocking to 'OW, OH GOD.. OW OH... NO....AHHHH" Friggin hilarious. I had to pause the game cuz my friend and I were busting up. Funny part is after they were dead i realized you were supposed to use the propane tanks in the room to get out, but whatever. Thats why it was so fun. Giving you choices like that

I heard this game was really really bad though. Not sure if the psi ops comparison was accurate

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#49 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

it really isn't that bad. and vyse, it's an easy plat, go for it. lol, on second thought, don't!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#50 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

hmm but is it really like psi ops? It was so fun lifting people in the air and smashing their faces into things in that game.

BTW is one version better than the other? PS3 or 360? Generally the 360 version is a bit better for most games. I was wondering what the case was here
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#51 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

hmm but is it really like psi ops?

I've never played Psi Ops, but they sound nothing alike based on your description. You don't have any powers in Mindjack; you're just able to "convert" downed enemies and hop from one body to another.

BTW is one version better than the other? PS3 or 360? Generally the 360 version is a bit better for most games. I was wondering what the case was here

I don't know why one version would be better than the other. It's the same game either way; it just depends on what console you want to play it on. Xbox has a better chance of still having online players, but I still wouldn't count on it.

#52 daminion

daminion

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't know why one version would be better than the other. It's the same game either way; it just depends on what console you want to play it on. Xbox has a better chance of still having online players, but I still wouldn't count on it.

Orange box on ps3. Enough said.

As for online, yes there are still a few. I had no clue what to expect when I rented it and didn't realize that if you setup the single player a specific way that random folks could jump in on the other team.

I had some high level guy joining me on the first level and kicking my ass as I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on. It took me a while to figure out he wasn't another ai.

#53 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Say more.

#54 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

People are actually interested in buying MindJack?

#55 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Portal 2 would've been a better example, I think. The Orange Box versions were years apart and the games weren't developed with both consoles in mind, so some discrepancies are expected. Portal 2, on the other hand, was developed with both consoles in mind but with clear favoritism towards the PS3 version. But in the case of Mindjack, both versions are the same, so the quality of the experience depends on one's preferences.

Say more.

Orange Box on the PS3 had some framerate and loading time issues, which happens with pretty much any game that was released on the 360 first (Mass Effect 2 was particularly bad). I've experienced this with a lot of multiplatform games, which I think is due to the different CPUs and 360's use of DirectX (as well as the developers not taking the time to optimize both versions fully), but some people see no difference at all. Anyway, Orange Box PS3 also had the added ability to use quick saves while playing, which is another thing that sets it apart. I imagine daminion was probably referring to one or both of these.