(DEAD) Signed Gears of War: Coalition's End $15

Thank you so much freddy! I don't care if it was in the wrong forum, I wouldn't have known about it of it wasn't for you.

[quote name='Diatribal Deity']Thanks OP. Use code 24872 for 10% off.[/QUOTE]

Wow thank you!

I've never ordered from this place before. Their shipping charges are atrocious, a complete ripoff and shady. $16 for priority mail?

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Isn't this cheaper on amazon if you factor shipping[/QUOTE]

Amazon has signed, certified prints...?

[quote name='Romeo']Wow thank you!

I've never ordered from this place before. Their shipping charges are atrocious, a complete ripoff and shady. $16 for priority mail?[/QUOTE]

Weird it says priority is only $11, and media is $7 for me. Maybe it's just an estimate though.

[quote name='freddykrugar']Weird it says priority is only $11, and media is $7 for me. Maybe it's just an estimate though.[/QUOTE]

I got a quote for two books. Priority mail in the US is about $5 and delivery confirmation is always offered. This company, though I've heard of them, seems like a scam when it comes to shipping and tracking.

I can attest as a fact that their packaging for books in the past has been atrocious. A friend ordered numbered and signed books and they have come damaged. With being numbered they were irreplaceable.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']That looks like the story of Gears 3 basically..[/QUOTE]
the book's story (not counting the flashbacks) flesh out the events between the 2nd and 3rd games. The end of the book pretty much leads into the events of Gears 3.

Mother fuckers... The book now disappeared off the site. I didn't want to order until I sorted out their scam shipping charges when they opened on Monday.

I got the book, and it sucks! The author didn't sign the book, she signed a sticker that was applied to the book. That's BS!!!

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Yeah I was mad to see that too. And to top it off they had a certificate of authantecity that the book was signed by author!![/QUOTE]

Could you provide photos please? This was going to be a gift for someone until I found out how shady this company is. I spoke at length with the company last week. Did you know shipping rates from their eBay store are 1/3 from their website? That's because eBay knows the shipping costs and doesn't allow sellers to scam buyers.

Also someone here mentioned five copies on eBay... not true either. The eBay store is the same stock as the website, so those 5 on eBay were never really available in the first place.

If you click on the ebay link provided in the thread, the second pic there of autograph is just a piece of paper that is pasted on the book

[quote name='gamingdroid']I got the book, and it sucks! The author didn't sign the book, she signed a sticker that was applied to the book. That's BS!!![/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's exactly what they described:

• Edition: Autographed Bookplate, First Edition Book
signed bookplates are exactly that, a piece of paper or sticker that's signed and attached to the book. If the book itself was signed it would say that. People should probably learn about what they're buying before they buy it, it helps.

Now the Starcraft one I linked to earlier actually has the book signed as shown and described on the page: https://premierecollectibles.com/categories/william_c_dietz/heavens_devils

tipsheet.jpg

Just about every item that is personally signed by the author has a similar image or description saying so.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pretty sure that's exactly what they described:

• Edition: Autographed Bookplate, First Edition Book
signed bookplates are exactly that, a piece of paper or sticker that's signed and attached to the book. If the book itself was signed it would say that. People should probably learn about what they're buying before they buy it, it helps.

Now the Starcraft one I linked to earlier actually has the book signed as shown and described on the page: https://premierecollectibles.com/categories/william_c_dietz/heavens_devils

tipsheet.jpg

Just about every item that is personally signed by the author has a similar image or description saying so.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I did not know that, but the last (and only) "authographed bookplate" book I bought, was the Mass Effect Evolution book and it came in a nice sheet of paper that was attached to the book as if it was an actual page.

This book had a cheap @ss sticker with a signature on it.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Yeah I was mad to see that too. And to top it off they had a certificate of authantecity that the book was signed by author!![/QUOTE]

The Certificate of Authenticity doesn't specify what book it is certifying, so it is essentially useless.

bread's done
Back