• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Got a couple Brave cases today. Couldn't find them without assistance though

#1472 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

My local BB has the Brave cases and 3 Dead Island steels left. the Brave case is $7.50

I tried to price match the ACIII hard cover guide there too with the Amazon price, but all they had was the soft cover. I ended up getting it at full price at Wal Mart.

#1473 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

[WIKI] List of Best Buy Exclusives 2012-13

thanks but missing ps3 and 360 ones

#1474 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

I Know, I Know, I should have just asked last night when I was there... but it didn't occur to me...

Has anyone been lucky enough to find steels at BBuy after release week?
If so, what did they ring up for please?
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1475 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

I Know, I Know, I should have just asked last night when I was there... but it didn't occur to me...

Has anyone been lucky enough to find steels at BBuy after release week?
If so, what did they ring up for please?

Yes, picked up Cinderella last night and they rung it up like a regular pre-order price, $7.50 for this particular one. It was a spur of the moment buy as it was the first one I saw in store. They were gone pre-release at one point at both of the BBs I frequent.

#1476 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

I found two Muppets cases at mine yesterday. I figured them at $7.50, but now that you asked I'm kicking myself for not getting them price checked as they could have pennied out like the Cinderella plushes I bought.

They probably still have a bunch of TDK/Batman Begins and one or two others from when they released those (Goodfellas, Matrix for example). They're $20-25 depending on which one. I found a Prototype 2 one about two months ago. It rang up $60 without the game.

#1477 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

They had the display up for Brave on one of the new releases display but it was either sold out or not put out yet. Couldnt find a person to ask and i was short on time so had to leave. Will try again later this week

#1478 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Same here, went this morning around 11am, but guess that was too late, as the shelf was empty. I asked and they said that whatever they put out was it. Hoping there's a restock soon, I'll also be checking the Best Buy by my work tomorrow, to see if they by any chance have some.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1479 vanton619

vanton619

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

I found two Muppets cases at mine yesterday. I figured them at $7.50, but now that you asked I'm kicking myself for not getting them price checked as they could have pennied out like the Cinderella plushes I bought.

They probably still have a bunch of TDK/Batman Begins and one or two others from when they released those (Goodfellas, Matrix for example). They're $20-25 depending on which one. I found a Prototype 2 one about two months ago. It rang up $60 without the game.

For the Muppets cases, you can go back and "cancel the preorder" and gete the case for free. I did that picking up a Ghost Rider SoV case a month after the movie came out.

#1480 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Anyone know when the Dark Knight Raises cases might start showing up

#1481 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

Anyone know when the Dark Knight Raises cases might start showing up

They aren't preorder cases. Its going to be a normal steelbook with the discs inside

Formerly known as slickkill77

#1482 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Anyone know when the Finding Nemo cases might start showing up

Soon.

Posted Image

#1483 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

Im still hoping I can score a Brave pre-order, they seem to be rare in my area. :-(

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1484 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Im still hoping I can score a Brave pre-order, they seem to be rare in my area. :-(

I haven't seen them around here either, I've stepped in at least 2 times in the last week.

#1485 kobra90

kobra90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Soon.

Posted Image

God that's pretty

#1486 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I must say, I'm on the fence with the Disney Metal Paks. As much as I love a metal case, I kind of prefer the lenticular slips of the 3D releases.

Side comment: Noticed a couple interesting things at my local Target last night.
1. They've restocked the ET Steelbooks
2. They now have The Incredibles with a slipcover. Possible reprint?

Edited by WingsDJY, 01 November 2012 - 04:46 PM.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#1487 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Just bought a couple Brave...
Curious if a BBuy store has left over steels, how much do they ring up for?

I saw a Goodfellas Steelbook from a while back at my BBY when I went to get Brave but my store rang it up for $20 and decided not to because I didn't really care for it. My BBY also had a ton of Snow White and the Huntsman Steels but still at $25. I bet it will have a local discount soon.

#1488 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

I must say, I'm on the fence with the Disney Metal Paks. As much as I love a metal case, I kind of prefer the lenticular slips of the 3D releases.

Side comment: Noticed a couple interesting things at my local Target last night.
1. They've restocked the ET Steelbooks
2. They now have The Incredibles with a slipcover. Possible reprint?

I couldn't find any ET Steelbooks at mine.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1489 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Is that Nemo one Futureshop only?

Got Brave today. Store had about five left. Also preordered Spider-Man online. Pretty stoked for that one.

#1490 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Empty Case - Best Buy
Release Date 11/11/12
SKU # 6800831
*This will be printed on next 2 week's AD

Case with Disc - Future Shop
Release Date 12/4/12

#1491 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

So Nemo gets one, but the Incredibles and Toy Story 1 and 2 don't? The completionist in me is weeping.

#1492 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

I picked up BRAVE today....my store had a bunch it appears.

Chesterfield, MI

#1493 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Is that Nemo one Futureshop only?

Got Brave today. Store had about five left. Also preordered Spider-Man online. Pretty stoked for that one.

I would be very picky about checking it if you did it for shipping.

I did a pre-order of Snow White & The Huntsman online for shipping and three times in a row, they shipped it in a glorified plastic bag. No box, just a plastic bag. Every time, it was dented, bent and pretty much destroyed in shipment.

It took multiple phone calls and complaints, though they eventually shipped it in a box. That one came perfect.

I'm waiting to order it for in-store pickup rather than take a chance on it getting eaten in shipment again.

#1494 jwizzle5786

jwizzle5786

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

I don't have a way to get to the Mall easily, so I have to usually order online. I won't put up with dents or shit. Thanks for the tip.

#1495 Civickid96

Civickid96

Signals Analyst Soldier

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Also got a couple of Brave Steels today. They had about 4 left from where I was at.

Columbia, SC
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1496 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

I would be very picky about checking it if you did it for shipping.

I did a pre-order of Snow White & The Huntsman online for shipping and three times in a row, they shipped it in a glorified plastic bag. No box, just a plastic bag. Every time, it was dented, bent and pretty much destroyed in shipment.

It took multiple phone calls and complaints, though they eventually shipped it in a box. That one came perfect.

I'm waiting to order it for in-store pickup rather than take a chance on it getting eaten in shipment again.

Don't feel too bad, I went to pick up the SW&tH steel the morning of release. Luckily I got there not long after the store opened because I only saw 5-6 copies on the shelf. Out of those few, only 1-2 copies were NOT dented up.

Somehow the upper portion(underneath the flap/cardboard) of the steelbooks had gotten crushed to where the top of the case was bulged up.

Luckily some of these internet retailers(Play.com, Amazon.de) have learned how to properly ship steelbooks. Unfortunately, places like BBY and Target don't deal with them enough to care.

#1497 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Picked up a Brave Steelbook. I had to go to customer service and tell them the SKU before they even made an effort to look for it.

#1498 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Went to a random Target yesterday and they still had 3-5 of the ET Steelbooks.
Debated picking up a couple of them and seeing if I could make a few on Ebay or whatever but got distracted by a shiny penny on the floor and forgot all about it until right now.
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#1499 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

I picked up a Brave steelbook/case on Thursday. The case looked so nice that I cancelled my $12.99 DeepDiscount preorder of the BR+DVD combo pack, and I now plan on buying the film from BBY. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1500 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

:wii: Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Future Shop Exclusive) Bonus SteelBook - 11/18/12

Posted Image