Photo
- - - - -

Steelbook Exclusive Worldwide 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1826 replies to this topic

#1501 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

I don't have a way to get to the Mall easily, so I have to usually order online. I won't put up with dents or shit. Thanks for the tip.

I bitched up a storm the first time and the rep didn't take it as a "complaint", which is why it happened the second time. The second time, it was registered as a complaint though I had to make a new order as BB (and HP for that matter, though that's a different story) can't reorder an item more than once on an existing order. The third time it happened, I decided that it was time to make a complaint up the chain of command to BB customer relations, which is how I ended up with a $10 GC & $30 GC for my troubles, plus I think I ended up with it being no more than $15 + tax, if not free after all the returns.

If you order it online, make sure to check it from top to bottom and if it shows up in a grey plastic bag, assume the worst.

Don't feel too bad, I went to pick up the SW&tH steel the morning of release. Luckily I got there not long after the store opened because I only saw 5-6 copies on the shelf. Out of those few, only 1-2 copies were NOT dented up.

Somehow the upper portion(underneath the flap/cardboard) of the steelbooks had gotten crushed to where the top of the case was bulged up.

Luckily some of these internet retailers(Play.com, Amazon.de) have learned how to properly ship steelbooks. Unfortunately, places like BBY and Target don't deal with them enough to care.

I normally try to get them in-store, though as sometimes I'm not able to get to BB on Tuesday, I try to order them online to save it being an issue with not getting one.

This foolishness with the same issue happened three times in a row was just too much to believe, especially with all the bitching I did the first two times. Makes me think that BB just doesn't think on how to ship items like movies and 99% of the time, they can get away with it. This was the 1% that they couldn't do it.

I know BB and other online retailers are trying to save money on shipments, though some items need to be shipped in a box without question. Target did it to me with the ET Steelbook, which is why if Target has one, I'll make a point to go before work to pick one up the next time. Looks like that'll have to be for Bourne Legacy.

#1502 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I ordered the Amazing Spider-man steelbook online just in case I couldn't get to the store in time to find one. How quickly does Best Buy ship? I'm wondering if I'll have time to cancel the order before it ships if I do get the chance to get one in store on Friday. Bad enough that the steelbooks they put on the shelves are dented 50% of the time, I definitely don't want to deal with them shipping a steelbook in a plastic bubble mailers so it can come bent in half if I don't have to. Will have to do the same for The Dark Knight Rises.

When The Dark Knight steelbooks came out, I got two in a row with dents hiding under the paper that wraps around the top from the back. Impossible to see before I opened it and had to get it exchanged twice.

#1503 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm waiting for instore pickup to show up. Really hate their shipping methods.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1504 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Think in-store p/u option will appear anytime soon for Amazing Spiderman?
I really don't want shipping on steelbooks.
I had to settle on Brave due to my BBY having the steelbooks out earlier then stated and missed out on picking it up in-store

#1505 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Granted, it wasn't a Steelbook, but when Best Buy shipped my Nightmare Before Christmas Blu-ray, they shipped it in a molded cardboard envelope and it wasn't damaged at all.

#1506 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Managed to snag Brave today. :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1507 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

picked this up awhile ago.

Posted Image
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#1508 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1509 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Are those available today? I thought Friday.

Join Bing Rewards to earn Amazon gift cards and Microsoft points! Extremely easy to use!

#1510 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

No, Spiderman is Friday. Just an early pic from someone on blu-ray.com that works there.
Posted Image

#1511 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Wasn't going to buy Spidey, but there is a cookie recipe included!? Sold!

#1512 Twizz

Twizz

An Eff'n Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

If anyone leaks the recipe BMO will kill them.

#1513 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Wasn't going to buy Spidey, but there is a cookie recipe included!? Sold!

It has to be one of those dumbest things I've seen advertised on a movie being sold

#1514 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Haven't seen the movie since opening week, but wasn't peanut butter the thing Aunt May kept telling Peter to bring home?

#1515 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

I don't remember, but skippy is a major promotional partner and there's apparently a $4 off coupon on select jars of their PB:

Posted Image

https://www.facebook...&type=1

#1516 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

You can spend the $4 on peanut butter to get $4 off the movie. Pass.

Join Bing Rewards to earn Amazon gift cards and Microsoft points! Extremely easy to use!

#1517 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yes because anyone interested is going to buy the peanut butter just to get the coupon and then throw the jar away. Do you even think before you post? Also if you're paying $4 for peanut butter, you're paying too much.

#1518 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Wait, you can actually USE peanut butter?!

#1519 bearkiss

bearkiss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Wait, you can actually USE peanut butter?!

yes! and even eating it is an option too!

#1520 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

yes! and even eating it is an option too!

Get outta town! What do I put it on? Toast?

I'll probably pick up a Spider-Man steelbook Friday even though I can probably get the regular 2D blu-ray for cheap. I never even use the 3D, but I have to have it. I don't know why.

#1521 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

It's a win-win for me, I'm only buying the movie to get the cookie recipe, and because I need peanut butter to actually make the cookies, the coupon is just netting me free PB!

#score

#1522 Grammar Police

Grammar Police

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

It's a win-win for me, I'm only buying the movie to get the cookie recipe, and because I need peanut butter to actually make the cookies, the coupon is just netting me free PB!

#score

Hello, bargain!

#1523 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Get outta town! What do I put it on? Toast?

Apples.

#1524 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Also if you're paying $4 for peanut butter, you're paying too much.

I grabbed the Spidey one at Walmart and it is $3.13. Granted, my mom does eat peanut butter, but the guy isn't far off.

However, the coupon itself is on the lid, so if you're feeling amoral you could just rip it off without buying the peanut butter

#1525 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

I haven't found the peanut butter with the coupon :bomb:

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1526 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

I know we're talking about movies, but I love the Halo 4 steelbook.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1527 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

It's definitely a good looking steelbook.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1528 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Has anyone found Finding Nemo yet? Wasn't it supposed to be out yesterday? My local store is usually on top of the preorder cases, but they didn't have it yesterday.

Apparently the release date is 11/11. Back and inside pics:

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1529 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Has anyone found Finding Nemo yet? Wasn't it supposed to be out yesterday? My local store is usually on top of the preorder cases, but they didn't have it yesterday.

Apparently the release date is 11/11. Back and inside pics:

Spoiler

:drool: Man that looks sweet - love the back.

#1530 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Finding Nemo come out next Sunday.