Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#271 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

There are only a couple copies on ebay of each version, I know the xbox version is the one that is supposed to be rare but its possible the PS2 version is climbing in price as well. But still not a bad pickup for 3.99 as most of the stores around here have all their 9.99 and under PS2 games gutted and put in envelopes... The PSP version is climbing in value as well as there is only 1 disc-only copy on ebay and its going for a little over $16.00 and I also have that version. The game is very unique though as I don't think I have ever seen a racing game where you have to woo a girl while doing the challenges she is telling you to do..

Too realistic for me!

BTW: I am renting a uhaul and moving to VA.

#272 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Floopy always impresses, haven't you guys seen all the crazy shit he finds? Nice stuff, especially a 10 PSPgo lol!

#273 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Nice finds gents. Im eagerly awaiting a large garage sale on the Western half of the state

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#274 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Last Friday I picked up a DreamCast bundle with 2 controllers, and 24 games. $40

Posted Image

At the same sale on Saturday I found a Nintendo 64 with 4 controllers, 2 memory cards, 2 expansion paks, and 2 GameBoy transfer packs. $10. Not posting a pic of the N64 stuff because everything is in crappy edition except the system. Gonna sell everything but the system and get my money back plus make a profit. Then I'm gonna paint the system white :D 1st time painting a system so it'll be interesting.

#275 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

I've wanted to do a case mod on an N64 but never gotten around to it. Need to find another spare N64...

Posted Image

#276 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

According to vgpc , its the Xbox version of Outrun that's worth $25-$30.

and just to be precise. It is Outrun 2 Coast to Coast for the xbox. Not the plain old Outrun 2.

#277 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

OK, I need to vent. I saw my nemesis for the first time this season.

He was with his wife and I was with my Mom, since we go to sales together about 2 weekends a year.

We are in an area where the streets are divided by a "natural median" (with trees and bark) and the road is split one lane per side that are one way. I was at the sale first and was parked far enough over so cars could pass.

When I was done at the sale his SUV was in the middle of the road running and in front of my car (so they obviously passed me).

I ask politely if that is their brown suv or jeep or whatever and I ask if they can move it so I can get down the street.

This dickhead tells me I can drive over the median and he isn't blocking me.

I said There is a tree stump there and I am in a car not an suv. Meanwhile his wife says she will move it.

So this asshole starts calling his wife back saying don't worry about it, he can cross the median.

Then my mom says, I have new tires on this car and I am not driving over the median.

By then the wife had already moved their car down the street and we left.

I am so pissed right now.

The thing that really bothers me is I am always in a good mood until I see him, so I am not as assertive/aggressive as I normally would be in a confrontation.

#278 Scootsy

Scootsy

T'wolves/Magic/Bulls Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

WTF? I don't understand why people have to be assholes about every little thing. :roll:

I hope you beat that guy to every nice find from now on, he can suck it lol

#279 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Challenge him to a rap battle

#280 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hey Floopy, is this your ad looking for games? Or did whoever posted that "games wanted" ad steal your pic of 7 copies of Persona 2 (among other PS1 games), because that carpet and the angle of the pics sure match up exactly to yours.

Spoiler

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#281 orcafan8

orcafan8

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Ok I keep forgetting to post here. Last weekend it snowed, and this weekend its 80, and it appears yard sale season is in full swing.

First sale of the day, all for $7

Posted Image

Its a yellowed NES (no cords), austin powers pinball and crash warped (PS1), liberty city stories and Namco 50th (CIB) PS2.
Initial asking price $15
They had 2 ps2's but the av jack was messed up on one and the other one it said didn't like to read games. While I appreciate the honesty, I had to pass.

Second sale (this is the same crazy hoarder I got Metriod trilogy from) $50
Story ->
Spoiler

Posted Image
It works!
Spoiler

Posted Image
manuals all 3do No games in sight, I'll swing by again tomorrow to see if he unearths any
Metroid other M artbook
Posted Image
4 gameboy games, pokemon gold and crystal, paperboy, and dr. mario

Edited by orcafan8, 20 April 2012 - 09:52 PM.
manuals are all for 3do games

#282 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Not bad! There are a billion estate sales and large yard sales going on in my town now. I'm gonna go out tomorrow and hope for the best considering there's 100+ LISTED..

#283 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Lucky. I wish we had more estate sales. Whenever someone dies around here, all they do is hold a carwash.

#284 orcafan8

orcafan8

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

What do you guys find at estate sales? Around here the ones I've been to just end up being musty furniture, crappy books/knick-nacks, and once in a while a computer from 1995.

#285 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

#286 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

nice finds! i should start going to yard sales... i usually see signs in my neighborhood every weekend but never try and go. hehe!

#287 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Here's today's bounty:

Posted Image

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Like-New): $10
Pink DSLite with a broken hinge: $2

Tried to get the guy to come down on MPT, but he wouldn't. Still a great buy, though. He also had Smash Bros. Brawl for $10, but that's right on the line for me. After eBay fees, it'd probably only be around $10 profit.

#288 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Finally went saleing today.

Guild Wars 1 complete $1
Kingdom Hearts 1/2 guides $5

Guy wanted $10 each for the guides but his dad said I could have both for $5. They're in pretty good condition. I realized I can't play Guild Wars since my optical drive is busted but I'll just find an external drive.

#289 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Picked up today:

.hack outbreak
.hack mutation
.hack infection
Final fantasy x
Grandia xtreme

All complete including dvds for. Hacks

Also

Metal gear solid vr missions (ps1 disc only)
Crimson skies (xbox disc only)

2 each so 14 for all. Wouldnt haggle but worth it. Good price. Passed on disc only freedom fighters because really scratched. Also dumbly passed o. Soul reaver ps1 complete because case had a crack. Had only discs at first but asked about cases and they found the ps2 ones. Also passed on jak 1 and 3 as I want the hd collection. They had cases for shadow of the collosus, kingdom hearts and star wars battlefront on xbox but couldnt find the discs. The rest of my sales were busts. Saw a few crappy kids ps2 games and an overpriced ps2 but thats it. Still a good day.
www.vg-force.com

#290 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Bing147, 21 April 2012 - 05:38 PM.

www.vg-force.com

#291 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Went to 30+ sales today because there was a bunch of neighborhoods doing group sales.

Pretty much nothing! The only thing I actually bought was a complete Gameshark 2 for $2, which is a pretty damn good deal, but not very exciting. Last one I sold went for $80

#292 Armadillo Meat

Armadillo Meat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ended up being a pretty good weekend.

Friday was a little slow:

Posted Image
I know I overpaid for these at $5.00 each but I can't find my Goldeneye right now and I've never actually owned Mario Kart 64 (Yeah, it's shameful.)

Posted Image
The Yellow Game Boy Pocket was in a random box of stuff and the two games were marked $5.00 each. (hahaha) I paid $2 for everything.

That's all for Friday - the haul is pretty poor. But it got a whole lot better at one of the last sales I hit on Saturday. A garage sale contributor pulled up while I was there with a plastic tub full of games. Buyer's choice, only one quarter each: I grabbed all of them.

It was mostly NES.

Posted Image
Some boxes, some guides.

Posted Image
Some with a little more than that.

Posted Image
Some classics, and some surprises.

Posted Image
Even a little Genesis action. Included is a copy of the video game version of notorious movie flop "Cutthroat Island" which appears to have been chewed on and guides for at least two games that were nowhere to be found.

Posted Image

Cool, real cool. Total price: $5

#293 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I must've went to 30 yard sales today. Most of the had women's clothes, baby clothes/toys, bootlegs dvds/cds.

I did pick up Scott Pilgrim vs the World GN Vol 2 - 5 for $0.50 cents a piece.

I also got Prince of Persia, Dead Rising, and the Limited Collecter's Edition Rainbow 6 Vegas for $5 each.

I asked him if he had other stuff since his wife was still loading stuff on the driveway. He comes back with a Jump Pack Brute action figure from the Halo 3 Collection ($%) and a Limited Edition Halo 3 Wireless Controller ($10) with a Master Chief figure inside

How much do you think I could re-sell the controller for?

Posted Image

#294 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Finally got myself a non-pink DS Lite for $30. It's got some sticker residue, but the screens are good; it should clean up nicely.

I also went to a community sale with 20-30 houses but they all seemed to be picked by retro guys; the three games I found weren't that exciting and will be turned into credit to break-even on gas. (Strikeout Tip: Phantasy Star Universe for PS2 is not the same as Ambition of the Illuminus, haha)
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#295 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

What do you guys find at estate sales? Around here the ones I've been to just end up being musty furniture, crappy books/knick-nacks, and once in a while a computer from 1995.

Mostly crap; I got lucky once though finding an estate run by younger people who had three fanatic JRPG friends donate to the sale. Twelve of the games had been picked (I'm thinking Grandia and ps1 Lunars) but I still found $240-300 worth of stuff.

Your best bet with estate sales though is to look for free books (bulk) when they're getting ready to wrap up, especially if you have a local used bookstore that takes trade-ins. For reselling individual books myself, I keep an eye out for old radio-related technical books and anything more esoteric (Example: I did well on a $3 lot of books with titles like Roman Medicine, Medieval History--along with some nicely-bound Folio Society texts)

#296 orcafan8

orcafan8

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Mostly crap; I got lucky once though finding an estate run by younger people who had three fanatic JRPG friends donate to the sale. Twelve of the games had been picked (I'm thinking Grandia and ps1 Lunars) but I still found $240-300 worth of stuff.

Your best bet with estate sales though is to look for free books (bulk) when they're getting ready to wrap up, especially if you have a local used bookstore that takes trade-ins. For reselling individual books myself, I keep an eye out for old radio-related technical books and anything more esoteric (Example: I did well on a $3 lot of books with titles like Roman Medicine, Medieval History--along with some nicely-bound Folio Society texts)

K I feel a bit dumb, I never thought about selling them to the local bookstore. Lately every "estate" sale here is run by this little start up in town, where all the good stuff is on "the internet" before the sale takes place.

#297 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

K I feel a bit dumb, I never thought about selling them to the local bookstore. Lately every "estate" sale here is run by this little start up in town, where all the good stuff is on "the internet" before the sale takes place.

Yeah, whenever you check ads it's good to think in terms of demographics: age group, economic class, whether or not they're resellers, etc. XD Mind you, I've found some okay deals on CDs even though the estate sale was run by a third party, but yeah if you know a business is siphoning off all the "good stuff" it's often better to direct your efforts towards more virgin territory.

#298 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

No pictures becuase this stuff is headed right back out the door, but...

Atari 2600 with all cable, 3 controllers, Pacman - $3
Dreamcast, 3 controllers, no power cable - $2
2 DSLites, beat up, really, really bad - free
Super Smash Brothers, Sonic Adventure 2, Soulcaliber, Resident Evil Code Veronica, The House of the Dead 2 (last 4 Dreamcast), Twisted Metal Black - $5
Spongebob the Movie and Harry Potter - $.50
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 360 - $11
CoD: Black Ops, Scribblenauts, Lego Indiana Jones 1, Mario Kart DS (all for DS) - $14

Not a bad day. Taking most of these to GameStop to put towards a PS3.

#299 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

How much do you think I could re-sell the controller for?

Posted Image

Lowest for sale on eBay is about $70. Looks like you got a good product. In re-sell value and coolness value.
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#300 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

No pictures becuase this stuff is headed right back out the door, but...

Atari 2600 with all cable, 3 controllers, Pacman - $3
Dreamcast, 3 controllers, no power cable - $2
2 DSLites, beat up, really, really bad - free
Super Smash Brothers, Sonic Adventure 2, Soulcaliber, Resident Evil Code Veronica, The House of the Dead 2 (last 4 Dreamcast), Twisted Metal Black - $5
Spongebob the Movie and Harry Potter - $.50
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 360 - $11
CoD: Black Ops, Scribblenauts, Lego Indiana Jones 1, Mario Kart DS (all for DS) - $14

Not a bad day. Taking most of these to GameStop to put towards a PS3.

Gamestop doesn't take any games older than PS2 stuff now and I'm not even sure they take those anymore. I'm pretty sure they stopped taking Gamecube stuff a while ago as well.

Not to mention those DSLites may get refurb fees slapped on them like crazy if they're missing the chargers, styluses and are as beat up as you say they are.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image