Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#631 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Today was AWESOME. There were a ton of yard sales, and not too many people checking them out. I finally have stuff to share with the rest of the board.

Spoiler

I got all the PC games in the first pic for $2 and it came with the TI-83 Plus. The XBOX and Sega game with games and the PS2 games, all for $15. The SNES (also has wires and controllers) was $15, and found it at the end of the day!

The Pikachu VCR was $1 (didn't know these existed). The Pikachu Tomagatchi was $0.50. GBC w/ Pokemon Blue was $2. Then for everything else I spent $15.

This is just the gaming stuff I got. I also picked up an EmiGlio robot (now I just have to find 4 D batteries to see if it works).

#632 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Not much video game-wise other than Virtual Sea Monkeys for PS1 CIB($3, about what its asking price is on eBay).

Did pick up a bunch of books I was interested in for cheap, including the George Carlin book, "When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?" that was mixed in with a bunch of religious books. I think the title threw them off... If you don't get the irony of the title, I weep for humanity...

Loved that book. The world's a little dimmer for having lost him.

So I'll post a few things later, but this story kinda made my weekend. Out at the in-laws for their gated community's garage sale weekend. As I'm driving out here, my wife calls me to ask if she did good. She saw a PS2 and a stack of games for $125, but immediately says she said "hell no." She asked if the lady would separate, which the seller did. My wife tells me she found Final Fantasy X and the guide, and paid $5.

The disc is beaten to hell, as is the guide, but it's non-GH version and the poster's still attached to the guide. OK for $5, but the fact that my wife, who was practically militant against me collecting games at first, was looking out for me and found something...well I'm still smiling about it.

Obviously not the only thing we found out here, but I'll post when I get back home.

#633 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Went to a yard sale today and got some deals, I think I should have gotten a few more that were there.. They had the first two golden suns for GBA with box. $2 each, went back for em later and they were gone.

As for what I picked up though, got 7 games for $12: All have original case / manuals / Black Label
PS1:
Legend of Dragoon, mint.
Beyond the Beyond, 2 small cracks in case.
Vagrant Story, mint. Came with a 2000 Collector's CD Vol 3, it says is includes Legend of Mana Threads of Fate, Chrono Cross, Front Mission 3, Saga Frontier 2, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Chocobo Racing.
Final Fantasy VII, small crack in case. Everything else mint.
Final Fantasy IX, Mint.

PS2:
Sealed Final Fantasy XII
Plat Hits Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Mint.

They also have a Guardian's Crusade, Final Fantasy Tactics (greatest hits), Chrono Trigger (Greatest Hits).

So I have a few questions.. I've never bought old games like this, I want to resell them.. what are these ones worth? Where should I sell them, just ebay or amazon?
Also are those last 3 worth picking up? Could probably get all 3 for $5.

Thanks all

FF Tactics and Chronicles (?) are probably worth picking up at that price if the condition is good.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#634 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yea, because I drove to garage sales specifically looking for this one game, completely aware of its low value, with every intention of selling it for minimal profit!

I'm shocked at how ignorant people can be.

Been there, some days you're selling just to break even on gas. :drool:
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#635 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Posted Image

Atari 2600 With 10 Games - 10
Mario Party 6 & 7 (Both Complete) - 5 Each

Atari was brought out at a house when I asked about older video games, offered 10. The Mario Party games were asking price.

Spoiler

Posted Image

God of War Hydra Demo - .50
New Super Mario Bros (Complete) - 10
2 PC Games - .50 Each
Saturn with 2 Controllers, Hookups & 7 Games - 10
Genesis With 1 Controller, Hookups, 5 Games & Sonic 3D Blast, R PC Games - 5

Virtua Fighter 2 is actually in the back half for Clockwork Knight, no Nights as Hi-Octane was in the case but by some miracle at least Astal is complete. The Genesis bundle was the only thing Saturday that wasen't simply asking price, I didn't see a price and when I asked I offered 5 for the Genesis stuff and the 2 disc Sonic PC deal. Aladdin is complete while Mortal Kombat 3 is boxed.

Spoiler

62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#636 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

hit one yard sale today. first grab of the year, thought i did okay. all this i'm keeping for my personal collection. never owned a PS2 or Genesis in my life. any recommendations on Genesis games i should add to my collection?

40 bucks for it all. everything is in working conditions, didn't realize that Onimusha 1 and Dark Cloud were in the game cases also. got it from a local yard sale here in Davis. talked them down from 60 bucks.

edit: sorry for the weak picture. that's ICO on the left, the case with the glare on it.

Posted Image

#637 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

I'm getting really tired of "yard sales"
that turn out to be a table of clothes.

Went to 15 sales today, On the last sale
I got a game boy advance (first model, not sp)For $1.50.

That's about all that kept me
from going on a nerd rage and
beating people with a stick

That's kind of the reason I avoid yard sales and head to flea markets and thrift stores. You can go to 10 yard sales and find nothing but clothes and old appliances but when you do find stuff it's a lot cheaper but with gas prices kind of evens out

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#638 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Today was AWESOME. There were a ton of yard sales, and not too many people checking them out. I finally have stuff to share with the rest of the board.

Spoiler

I got all the PC games in the first pic for $2 and it came with the TI-83 Plus. The XBOX and Sega game with games and the PS2 games, all for $15. The SNES (also has wires and controllers) was $15, and found it at the end of the day!

The Pikachu VCR was $1 (didn't know these existed). The Pikachu Tomagatchi was $0.50. GBC w/ Pokemon Blue was $2. Then for everything else I spent $15.

This is just the gaming stuff I got. I also picked up an EmiGlio robot (now I just have to find 4 D batteries to see if it works).

That pikachu tamagotchi is probably worth a lot, especially with package, check ebay for prices, you will be surprised. I would guess about $30-60 but could be more.

#639 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

My meager finds this week:

Posted Image

Mike Tyson's Punchout, Mega Man 5, Werewolf NES: $6

Posted Image

GBA with World Championship Poker: $4

This was all I saw today game related. The sale advertising nes/snes/ps1 was a no show/ghost sale. Also found Dexter seasons 1-3 for $1 each (2 and 3 were sealed).

#640 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

Went to my city wide yard sale, found a Roland synthesizer from the mid 70's and a rusty Pepsi machine. One lady had a stack of PS2 and Wii games, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 were the only things of note for $1 each. I literally turned to tell my wife to wait up and they were gone. Literally 15 seconds.

But it's ok, we went for a drive, and hit another community sale and I got a score!
In a box full of junk PS2 games, I found: Final Fantasy 12, Ratchet and Clank, and Kingdom Hearts: Re Chain of Memories for $10, guy wanted $5 each but took $10 CIF! I really wanted the KH Game too. He had some other decent stuff, but nothing overwhelming.

Next Stopped by a guy who had some CDs and DVDs and clothes, had some original Xbox and PS2 games, got Shadow of the Colossus and Madden 10 for $2.50 each. I haven't played a football game since ESPN 2K5, so it was pretty cool to play a modern one.

Last sale I got a scratched up Midnight Club 3 for 50 cents. It should play, but has one bad scratch, I'll probably get tired of it before I get that far anyways.

All in all, a good day to be me on the yard sale tour. Wife is sick of waking up at 7 on Saturday, so I am taking several weeks off.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#641 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

That's kind of the reason I avoid yard sales and head to flea markets and thrift stores. You can go to 10 yard sales and find nothing but clothes and old appliances but when you do find stuff it's a lot cheaper but with gas prices kind of evens out

The other solution is to look for other things as well as games. If I went just for games, I would quit going.

Does anyone recognize this figure???
Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't normally go for this stuff but this looked familiar and it was .50.

But, what is it???

#642 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

The other solution is to look for other things as well as games. If I went just for games, I would quit going.

Personally I look for anything that piques my interest. That's why I was so frustrated today. That game boy was literally the only thing I bought.

Usually I come home with a box of dvds, books, board games, random things to flip, etc.

#643 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

Burritoman: I want to see a pic of that synthesizer or let me know what model it is. How much did you pay for it?

Schultzed: looks like something from Spawn or something like it.

#644 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Personally I look for anything that piques my interest. That's why I was so frustrated today. That game boy was literally the only thing I bought.

Usually I come home with a box of dvds, books, board games, random things to flip, etc.

From my years of collecting and selling, I have a fairly good idea of the kinds of items to look out for as far as resale value goes, and I rarely see anything worth giving even a second look to at Tag Sales in my area. It's not like I'm going to Tag Sales or Goodwill, seeing that they don't have video games, and leave. I scope out toys, games, books, CD's, DVD's, amongst other things, but have come up with nada.

#645 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Well this made my crap yard sale day better.
Made a decent score off facebook a little while ago.
27 N64 games for $50. at $1.85 a game I'm not complaining
Selling my dupes I'll probably make a little profit
and add 15 games to my collection. Pic and game list in spoiler.

Spoiler

#646 Wontwin

Wontwin

CAG ALL DAY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Got a blue Nintendo Ds Lite for $15.00. They wanted 30 but talked them down. Came with all original packaging too.

Also Got Halo 2 for a $1.00

#647 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Does anyone recognize this figure???

Spoiler

I don't normally go for this stuff but this looked familiar and it was .50.

But, what is it???

That is Dojo from the Samurai Spawn line by McFarlane Toys. He came out in 2001, right around the time when the Four Horsemen left because McFarlane decided to focus on appearance rather than articulation and playability (recently, they have decided to stop focusing on appearance as well and now they just make crap). There were some amazing sculpts, but you can only get a couple of decent poses out of them. And many of them break if you look at them funny, so it's pretty lucky to find a McFarlane toy from the early naughts intact at a yard sale. He's not really worth much of anything, but he'll look good on your shelf.

I'm assuming he didn't come with his weapons?

#648 fattbuddah

fattbuddah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Didn't find much game wise, however did find 2 brand new lego sets unopened in the box for $5 each and they retail for $20 at any of the stores.
Join Goozex and trade your old games for new ones.
http://www.goozex.co...idr=52733183010

Posted Image

#649 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Well I had an interesting find for $15. I got a crate full of PS1 games (not US ones) and a PS1 with those red white and yellow cord slots in the back. Does anyone know what these are? It looks like a few of the games are from Japan and some even have Gamestation on them but many have nothing. I'm sorry I don't have pics but can anyone guess what they are?

I'm thinking they are fake/bootleg or from Japan. Is there a market for games like these and could I get in trouble for selling bootleg games?

Also at another sale I paid $20 for Left for Dead 2, Call of Duty 4, Dungeon Siege 3 and Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 all in great condition for the Xbox 360. :D

#650 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Well I had an interesting find for $15. I got a crate full of PS1 games (not US ones) and a PS1 with those red white and yellow cord slots in the back. Does anyone know what these are? It looks like a few of the games are from Japan and some even have Gamestation on them but many have nothing. I'm sorry I don't have pics but can anyone guess what they are?

I'm thinking they are fake/bootleg or from Japan. Is there a market for games like these and could I get in trouble for selling bootleg games?

Pics would help a lot.

#651 DeadStranger

DeadStranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Anybody know if the Zelda game I posted has any value and if so where would be the best place to sell it? I honestly can't find anything on it but my Google-Fu might just be very weak.

Spoiler

Oh and also this one if possible. Thanks in advance

Spoiler

#652 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Anybody know if the Zelda game I posted has any value and if so where would be the best place to sell it? I honestly can't find anything on it but my Google-Fu might just be very weak.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The first one is easy:

http://www.amazon.co...u/dp/B000069RYW

The second, not so much.

"Japan import ps2 hudsonsoft game" is the best I can do.

#653 DeadStranger

DeadStranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

The first one is easy:

http://www.amazon.co...u/dp/B000069RYW

The second, not so much.

"Japan import ps2 hudsonsoft game" is the best I can do.

Slow Dive, thank you you're a life saver. Couldn't find a damn thing. Here's what I found on the second: Kyushu Railway X

#654 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Went yard saling this weekend and got some stuff. Will post a list later.

Was looking up what some were worth and one caught me by surprise and I figured I'd see what anyone else thought.

At one sale I asked if they had any older gaming stuff for sale since they had a Vita listed. They said they did and brought out what that could find (said they had more so I left number).

For $10 I got an NES with 2 Controllers and a gray zapper gun. It also came with 6 NES games and 1 SNES game. All the games are Cart only but in good to mint condition.

Games were
- Legend of Zelda (gray cart)
- Super Mario Bros 2
- Super Mario Bros 3
- Burgertime
- Airwolf
- Panic Restaurant

SNES was Mario is Missing.

I looked up the Panic Restaurant cart is apparently it is super RARE.. like going for $200-$500?!?!?!?

http://videogames.pr...anic-restaurant

Any thoughts if this is legit?

#655 ex_eBay_buyer

ex_eBay_buyer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Was looking up what some were worth and one caught me by surprise and I figured I'd see what anyone else thought.

At one sale I asked if they had any older gaming stuff for sale since they had a Vita listed. They said they did and brought out what that could find (said they had more so I left number).

For $10 I got an NES with 2 Controllers and a gray zapper gun. It also came with 6 NES games and 1 SNES game. All the games are Cart only but in good to mint condition.

Games were
- Super Mario Bros 2
- Super Mario Bros 3
- Burgertime
- Airwolf
- Panic Restaurant

I looked up the Panic Restaurant cart is apparently it is super RARE.. like going for $200-$500?!?!?!?

It's legit -- very nice score -- Looks like it's going for around $200 cart only on eBay!

http://www.ebay.com/...omplete=1&rt=nc
Yard-Saleing is a SPORT.

#656 DeadStranger

DeadStranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Games were
- Super Mario Bros 2
- Super Mario Bros 3
- Burgertime
- Airwolf
- Panic Restaurant

http://www.ebay.com/...&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

#657 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

It's legit -- very nice score -- Looks like it's going for around $200 cart only on eBay!

http://www.ebay.com/...omplete=1&rt=nc

Thanks. I haven't sold anything on ebay for years. Think that's the best way to get the most out of it?

#658 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Nice find on Panic Restaurant . . . I buy stuff if I don't know the value . . . hoping for a gem like this but I always end up with a worthless common.

I had a better weekend this week (still not awesome):
Posted Image
I offered $10 . . . counter was $15 . . . ended up at $13.

I was happy to see a reasonably priced PSP
Posted Image
Paid $20. Tests well. Has an extra battery but no memory stick :-(

This stuff was supposed to be $5 each
Posted Image
But I bought some books and then bundled and ended up paying $10 for all.

This was early on Friday:
Posted Image
The system had a $25 tag on it . . . so I started to pick through the games but grandma thought it was supposed to $25 for all. I paid $20 (I didn't want to dicker too much cuz I expected her to call the kids and find out the games were extra). Everything looks great except when I go home I found that Pikmin 2 had the Disney Skate disc in it . . . so I went to the Skate case and it was . . . empty . . . Fuck

I was surprised to spot this late on Friday:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The guy was very firm on the $20 . . . but I got him to throw in 3 books and 2 CDs (with nice listing values) which I would've paid $5 for. So, I consider the DC to be $15.

#659 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Spoiler

http://en.wikipedia....motaro_Dentetsu

#660 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Had a good day yesterday.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first score was all at one sale. The Naruto wall scrolls were $1 each and the video game was $2.

After that I went to a neighborhood yard sale and got:

Posted Image

:xbox: with controllers and game was $20. The seller said that he didn't know which controllers worked. Got home and only one works.

Posted Image

Got all of these for $12. Got home and was disappointed to know that Dead or Alive Ultimate was supposed to come in a box set. Jack and Daxter is sealed. All games are complete.