Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#781 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

i am interested to know what you picked up that added up to about 500 in credit.

I don't have time to itemize (I should've taken a pic before I sold a bunch of them).

Not $500 in credit but $500 in listing value (I don't trade in--I sell on Amazon).

They were all DVDs (a few PC games) . . . some TV series but all worth $7 or more. Here is an example:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0007N1JC8

Sold my mint copy for $29

#782 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

I don't have time to itemize (I should've taken a pic before I sold a bunch of them).

Not $500 in credit but $500 in listing value (I don't trade in--I sell on Amazon).

They were all DVDs (a few PC games) . . . some TV series but all worth $7 or more. Here is an example:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0007N1JC8

Sold my mint copy for $29

Reminds me of one I picked up today for $1.

http://www.amazon.co...&sr=1-1-catcorr

I found another sealed copy last year for .50 and it sold for ~$75. Price keeps going up on this guy, for some reason, not that I'm complaining.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#783 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

Oh man, I used to love that Hot Wheels Service Center. I wish I could find one for that price. My son loves cars right now (anything with wheels, really) and I think he would really get a kick out of that. He's outgrowing a lot of his annoying musical crap and I think he's ready to start getting more "big boy" toys.

If shipping wasn't a killer I would send the thing to you since I've amassed WAY too much stuff. That or if you lived near Indy we could meet. I brought this item up in conversation with my brother today. We agreed that you know you're getting old when stuff you used to play with as a kid can now be found in an antique shop!

I still need to catch up on listing my finds for the year which have been
substantial to this point. It's time to start selling or slow down on the purchases.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#784 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Didn't manage to go to too many sales today, and the ones I went to I got to late. Couldn't find anything video-game related for a decent price, but I did manage to pick up these two board games for $3 dollars.

Posted ImagePosted Image

From what I can tell, Battle Masters is only missing one piece and All the King's Men is complete. Does anyone regularly handle board games? I can't find a reliable source online in my quick googling.

#785 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

From what I can tell, Battle Masters is only missing one piece and All the King's Men is complete. Does anyone regularly handle board games? I can't find a reliable source online in my quick googling.

Battle Masters looked pretty cool when I picked it up last year. I was going to keep it but the box and everything was just too big and a pain in the but. I did eventually end up selling it for quite a bit (like 75 I think). The miniatures themselves are worth quite a bit if they are in good shape (like not having the swords damaged, etc.).

#786 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

I picked up 10 n64 games for $15; it's more of a "one that got away story" though since the family brought out a huge tub which had two controllers, a pokemon reader, boxes and manuals, and about 15-20 other games. They had stuff like Mario Kart, Mario 64, Smash Bros, Kirby 64, Yoshi's Story, Mario Party, Donkey Kong 64, etc.--however just about anything of interest or value they pulled back and refused to sell.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Doom 64
Perfect Dark CIB
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 CIB

So these were pretty much the only noteworthy titles among the cast-offs I received.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#787 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Does anyone regularly handle board games? I can't find a reliable source online in my quick googling.

Source for what?

Anytime I need to know anything about a board game I go to http://boardgamegeek.com/

#788 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Source for what?

Anytime I need to know anything about a board game I go to http://boardgamegeek.com/

Just for more information about the games themselves. For whatever reason, that site didn't show up for me when I googled the name of the games. Great site you pointed out, thanks!

#789 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Picked up Pokemon crystal for $6, already sold for $28 on amazon. Also picked up a copy of pokemon colosseum for gamecube at $2
I passed on another pokemon crystal at a different sale for $8.. should of picked it up too I think.

#790 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Did awesome this weekend and I only went to 6 sale sat/sun. But the only thing video game related I found was an official NES power supply for $1.

#791 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

A fucking frustrating weekend.

Friday was compromised by dealing with problems with my son's braces and Saturday was shot because we had to go to a distant wedding of a distant family member. If the wedding had been nearby I could've gone out . . . based on ads . . . Sat was a big day for sales :-(

Anyway this was a rare Wed. pickup. Saw a sign and decided to check it out (figured it was an old sign). There was this weirdo with a bunch of boxes. Almost didn't get out of the car but as I walked up, I saw an N64 . . .
Posted Image
Has a broken spot, missing TV hookup and door over memory but then again has expansion and jumper pack and 3 good controllers. Paid $3. Once again, why don't I find bundles with great games?

Friday I didn't get out early and I pushed into another town for a big subdivision where I hit 25 sales and bought only a single DVD . . . WTF. Way below my usual expectations.

I did pickup this along the way:
Posted Image
Wind Waker was part of a GC bundle ($28 for the sys, WW, and 2 crap titles). I convinced them to them to split it off only by offering $5. The FFT is missing the disc :-( . . . but it was free.

Also before my subdivision disaster, I found this:
Posted Image
As I walked up, I saw the old PS1 and a stack of games. I picked out Harvest Moon and Devil Dice and was going to pay when I saw the $5 tag on the box and the PSOne. Then I found out it was $5 for everything and gladly paid. Nice little bonus when I found a Crash Bandicoot in a demo disc sleeve.

It figures that the better sales were probably in my town and I passed on them. Later in the afternoon I found this sale that must've had a ton of cool stuff. One guy was just leaving with a couple of boxes of nifty older DD stuff . . . Fuck. And I found out they had had a few hundred DVDs . . . Fuck. I did buy some valuable Elf Quest books and these PC titles ($1 each):
Posted Image
This was at about 1 pm . . . what would I have found at 9 am???

#792 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

I could be wrong but I believe iss 64 is worth something. May only be a certain version though. Still, 3 for the lot is nice.
www.vg-force.com

#793 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Community/Subdivision sales are REALLY hit or miss for me. Sometimes I buy absolutely nothing and hit 20 sales, and sometimes I buy something at nearly every sale.

I think community sales are filled with lots of "sure, we can set up a table, I need to get rid of old clothes" type of sales, and then a lot of times people in the community just wind up buying from each other first thing in the morning. You have to have the perfect storm of variables for a community sale to be worthwhile.

#794 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

and then a lot of times people in the community just wind up buying from each other first thing in the morning.

You are right about that. They tend to snatch everything off each other early in the mourn. I got lucky and found:
Chrono trigger
FF 2
FF 3
Secret of Mana for $2 each

at one community sale. Guy had it hidden in a box that I just happened to stumble upon. I had already bought all and ccg cards his other games. He had it hidden because someone from the community had told him they were valuable. So he was going to save them. Must have told him real early cause I got there at the open. I think he sold them to me because I had bought a bunch of his other stuff. They were his son's. That was 1yr and 1/2 ago. The community sale is every 3 months and I go everytime but haven't found anything decent since.

#795 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

I went to a community sale before I had to work and picked up these NES games for fifty cents a piece. Zelda II somehow has a chipped corner... Mainly a spite pick up since I knew these shady resellers were going to set up a booth at the community sale (wah?), meaning= the guy will pick up anything remotely interesting before anyone else can walk around, while his brother sets up their booth.

Posted Image

#796 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

shady resellers

So, what exactly makes these so-called resellers "shady"?

#797 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

These people are at the local flea market. This one woman has a permanent video games kiosk with ridiculous overpricing, and before the doors are even open to the public, she and a few of her friends or whatever go around to all the seller tables and make lowball offers on game lots. She then takes them back to her kiosk and marks them way up. I've had her try that a few times when I sold there, so I've seen this first hand.

It's shady because because the general public has absolutely no chance at any of the deals offered by other sellers.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#798 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

She sounds like the average CAG.

#799 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

She sounds like the average CAG.

I'd compare her more to a SD'er.

#800 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

These people are at the local flea market. This one woman has a permanent video games kiosk with ridiculous overpricing, and before the doors are even open to the public, she and a few of her friends or whatever go around to all the seller tables and make lowball offers on game lots. She then takes them back to her kiosk and marks them way up. I've had her try that a few times when I sold there, so I've seen this first hand.

It's shady because because the general public has absolutely no chance at any of the deals offered by other sellers.

I wonder if she actually sells anything. The only solace you can get here is that she has to pay rent to the flea market for her booth, if its anything like it is up here and if she is not selling anything then perhaps she is wasting money on rent for her booth.

#801 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

I wonder if she actually sells anything. The only solace you can get here is that she has to pay rent to the flea market for her booth, if its anything like it is up here and if she is not selling anything then perhaps she is wasting money on rent for her booth.

She's been there for a few years, so she has to be selling. Rent for the inside booth like she has is 200+/month

#802 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

She's been there for a few years, so she has to be selling. Rent for the inside booth like she has is 200+/month

200+ a month for damn booth?! You can get an apartment for like $400 a month and have yardsales for free!

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#803 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Basically what sp00ge said (though I don't think we are talking about the same resellers). These resellers set up at multiple community sales around me. I somehow doubt they live in all these places, that is why they are shady.

#804 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

200+ a month for damn booth?! You can get an apartment for like $400 a month and have yardsales for free!

$400 is unrealistically cheap for an apartment in most cities. And a flea market tends to have much more foot traffic than a yard sale.

#805 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Hah at least you don't have to deal with haitians. They'll snatch stuff up front right on front of you while you're looking at it. I'd be ashamed if I lowballed like they do. Also they all use this same line to justify their extreme lowballing, "We are sending it to haii" Which is a lie because you'll see them slling it at the flea.

#806 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

To me, a shady reseller is one that sells games but has no real interest in them.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#807 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

If you live in a $400 apartment in a major city you would definitely have yard sales every week.

You'd want to sell off all your shit before it was ruined by the roaches and made totally worthless.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#808 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

I think people are forgetting that a shady person is someone untrustworthy or of ill repute. I wouldn't say the last couple of examples reasonably convey that.

#809 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

I haven't been able to hit as many sales as I'd like recently, but I had a good find up the street last weekend. A lady had placed a big box of mostly SNES games with a few NES and one N64 cart out for 10 bucks. Inside was two copies of pretty much everything (apparently she had two sons who couldn't share) including Pilotwings, Zelda LttP, Robocop, Mario World, and a few other random throwaways.

Other than that, I declare this season to be the year of the PS2, because nearly every sale I've attended had an old fat PS2 and the same group of hunting/sports games for about 50 bucks.

#810 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

I haven't been able to hit as many sales as I'd like recently, but I had a good find up the street last weekend. A lady had placed a big box of mostly SNES games with a few NES and one N64 cart out for 10 bucks. Inside was two copies of pretty much everything (apparently she had two sons who couldn't share) including Pilotwings, Zelda LttP, Robocop, Mario World, and a few other random throwaways.

Other than that, I declare this season to be the year of the PS2, because nearly every sale I've attended had an old fat PS2 and the same group of hunting/sports games for about 50 bucks.

I assume some of those games only hold one save file each. Which might explain buying 2 if you had 2 kids. I mentioned this in the Best Buy thread but now we have concrete proof, some people do buy each kid a copy of their own game because they can't share and if you don't buy 2 they will fight like cat and dog over them, although its somewhat warranted in the sense of cart games that only hold one save file each. You can't realistically expect 2 kids to share one save file, a lot of GBA carts were like this and I saw many fights in game stores over who got the game and who got to play the game first.