2495 replies to this topic

#841 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Got all this for $3. Not a bad day.

Posted Image

Both TMNT 3 and Jungle Book are in excellent condition and complete.

#842 Kevlar281

Kevlar281

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Here are some additional pics. I know the brown pieces go with the 80's hotwheels track and the tank elevator and garage walls go to the gi joe base, but I am not sure about the round piece.

Posted Image

Just a heads up but the gray piece in the upper left hand corner appears to be a 1983 GI Joe Dragonfly Helicopter Chin Turret Gun.

It's worth a couple a bucks.

#843 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

It was raining, so I really didn't feel like going out. I went to one sale, picked this all up for 4 bucks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

The Gameboy pocket looks fantastic, but unfortunately when I got home to test it it didn't play any games. :( It still looks nice, so I figure I might as well hold on to it.

Excellent pick there on Vampire: Bloodlines, now you simply must visit The Asylum as a Malkavian 8-)
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#844 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Woot.

Got Mario Kart Double Dash (game and case)*no manual

and

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (cart only)

for.......$1 total!

Best pick up ever!

#845 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image

:ps2: Time Crisis 2 & 3 complete w/ GunCons

:drool::drool::drool::drool: Soooooo lucky....

11317.png

#846 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Just a heads up but the gray piece in the upper left hand corner appears to be a 1983 GI Joe Dragonfly Helicopter Chin Turret Gun.

It's worth a couple a bucks.

Wow, I'm impressed. :applause: I knew it was GI Joe, but I wouldn't have known exactly what vehicle it was from (without looking it up)!

EDIT: I thoroughly looked over the "round silver base thing" and I do not see any markings.

#847 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Your mysterious silver thing looks pretty familiar to me... can't put my finger on it though. :x Have you tried putting the pictures on a forum specifically for toys? Those folks might be able to help you out better than us.

#848 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

Yes! Today and yesterday I got my yard sale mojo back after weeks of finding nothing.

Posted Image

I'd love to own these, but they just seem like so much of a hassle to deal with. I don't have a CRT to play them on. I wish they'd put out a collection for the Wii or something.

#849 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

Today, I got a stack of Nintendo DS game cases for free, club nintendo codes unused for the few nintendo games (the woman said I just missed the garbage man that took off an even bigger box of cases, damnit.)

I also got a stack of random stuff for about $5 (a few things for my niece, tortilla press, scale, stack of cds.)

Went to the monthly book sale at the library and picked up a few books pretty cheap at 50 cents a piece (Hawking's Brief History of Time, Encyclopedia of World History, Diner's Drive ins, and Dives cookbook, and a few art books.)
Posted Image

#850 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

Wow, I'm impressed. :applause: I knew it was GI Joe, but I wouldn't have known exactly what vehicle it was from (without looking it up)!

EDIT: I thoroughly looked over the "round silver base thing" and I do not see any markings.

Go post a picture on hisstank and ask if anyone knows what it is from, you'll probably get an answer in 5 minutes (daytime that is.)

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#851 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

Not many games today but a good smattering of assorted "valuable" items.

My brother found a YuGiOh Disc Launcher at a yard sale, worth roughly 50 bucks, but no one was at the sale and no one answered the door when he knocked. He waited around for a bit, and eventually just left a dollar bill on the table and took it.

No telling what they wanted for it. :/

#852 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

My brother found a YuGiOh Disc Launcher at a yard sale, worth roughly 50 bucks, but no one was at the sale and no one answered the door when he knocked. He waited around for a bit, and eventually just left a dollar bill on the table and took it.

Um... Guess I'm going car shopping with a dollar tomorrow

#853 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm gonna leave a five dollar bill in my neighbor's driveway later today. I need a new zero turn lawn mower.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#854 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

^^At least he left them something...The scrappers are taking bikes out of people's yards by me. They also steal air conditioner coils and manhole covers.

#855 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Other than that, I declare this season to be the year of the PS2, because nearly every sale I've attended had an old fat PS2 and the same group of hunting/sports games for about 50 bucks.

I agree . . . it was true already last year but we are clearly in the age of getting rid of PS2s. 8-10 years ago it was N64s and PSs. A few years from now it will be Wiis--and they will be cheap.

What's interesting is that people's valuation is a little out of whack. PS2 slims are worth $50 and people will sell them for $20 (obviously more or less) . . . while Wiis are worth about $60 but all of the ones I see, the people want $100.

Also, I'm seeing record numbers of cheap DVDs.

Edited by schultzed, 10 June 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#856 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

I agree . . . it was true already last year but we are clearly in the age of getting rid of PS2s. 8-10 years ago it was N64s and PSs. A few years from now it will be Wiis--and they will be cheap.

What's interesting is that people's valuation is a little out of whack. PS2 slims are worth $50 and people will sell them for $20 (obviously more or less) . . . while Wiis are worth about $60 but all of the ones I see, the people want $100.

Wiis are overpriced here too, but that may be a result of more "casual gamers" buying consoles.

#857 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

yay for yard sale theft?

Edit: Forgot my finds this weekend.
Gameboy pocket, with super mario land 2, and gameboy carrying bag for $2
Firefly DVD complete series $4
Metalocalypse Seasons 1 $0.50
Sealed andy griffith VHS box set $0.50
Mortal Kombat 4 black label $0.50
Tomb Raider underworld guide $0.50
One of the sales I went to had a xbox morrowind GOTY case, was really excited until I opened it and saw madden. Looked in all the other game cases and couldn't find it.

#858 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

At least you guys are seeing Wii stuff, I'm seeing almost nothing. Today I picked up NFL Street 2 and Spyro A Hero's Tail for GC for $2 total. Once I start flipping things, I can probably get a couple of bucks, so why not.

#859 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

yay for yard sale theft?

Not saying it was a great idea, or that I would have done it, but what did they honestly expect?

#860 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Not saying it was a great idea, or that I would have done it, but what did they honestly expect?

People to not steal. Unless the price was marked, and you leave at least that amount. Leaving $1 for what you knew was worth $50?

#861 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

People to not steal. Unless the price was marked, and you leave at least that amount. Leaving $1 for what you knew was worth $50?

I bought a $300 network tester for $5 yesterday. Was I stealing?

Like I said, I don't think I would have done what he did, but leaving your yardsale unattended is pretty much asking people to pay you on the honor system.

#862 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I bought a $300 network tester for $5 yesterday. Was I stealing?

That was the asking price, so no. It'd be more like if they said $50, and you put a $5 somewhere and take it anyways.

#863 pollmonster

pollmonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Found these for $3

Posted Image

#864 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I would have waited for a person to show up or left and came back later. I don't think it is morally right to leave a person the amount that you think they might have wanted.

Other news, I was at a sale yesterday that had a bunch of kids toys, boy stuff. I picked up some stuff and asked how much. Lady told me 25cents each wtf. Dirt cheap. So I got 5 things totaling $1.25. I gave the lady $2 and told her to keep the change, she would not have any of that. She wouldn't accept it, she basically put the change in my pocket.

#865 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

I have yourlefthand on my ignore but I could see from elessar's quoted reply that he has the sense of logic of a 2yr old.

#866 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

I would have waited for a person to show up or left and came back later. I don't think it is morally right to leave a person the amount that you think they might have wanted.

Other news, I was at a sale yesterday that had a bunch of kids toys, boy stuff. I picked up some stuff and asked how much. Lady told me 25cents each wtf. Dirt cheap. So I got 5 things totaling $1.25. I gave the lady $2 and told her to keep the change, she would not have any of that. She wouldn't accept it, she basically put the change in my pocket.

Honestly, I wouldn't have just left money either. I was just pointing out that it isn't worth tearing into the guy. I have a bigger problem with people lowballing kids or lying about items values, both of which seem to be applauded around here.

I have paid more than people's asking price before, and if I am getting a solid deal I don't ask for a lower price.

#867 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Found these for $3

Posted Image

wow thats awesome

#868 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't have just left money either. I was just pointing out that it isn't worth tearing into the guy. I have a bigger problem with people lowballing kids or lying about items values, both of which seem to be applauded around here.

I have paid more than people's asking price before, and if I am getting a solid deal I don't ask for a lower price.

Yes the lowballing kids thing is such a dick move IMO. Worse then taking crap from some idiot who Leaves their yard sale unattended.

#869 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

^^At least he left them something...The scrappers are taking bikes out of people's yards by me. They also steal air conditioner coils and manhole covers.

Same here. A few weeks ago I had scrap metal (for my own projects) go missing from the side of my shed, which is 20' from the curb, clearly not on the curb. Happened on a garbage night, so I know it was a scrapper.

I ended up posting a rant on Craigslist, only to get a few emails from "fellow scrappers" defending the dickhead, saying that I shouldn't have had left the stuff outside, within view of the street and that the person did nothing wrong by taking it. Apparently, outright theft is advised in the scrapping community, which is what this is. State law says if it's not on the curb, it's private property, making removal of said property theft.

I've also had a well cover go missing, leaving a gaping hole in my backyard. Best thing was one night I left a few bits of metal out, and some asshole came to my door, at 10pm, asking if I had anything else for him to take. He then had the balls to ask if he could take the metal swingset in my backyard, the one I just built earlier that day for my daughter. These people are like fucking meth heads around here.

I used to leave scrap out from time to time, but not anymore. I'll take it to the junkyard myself.

/rant

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#870 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Scrapping got so bad here that apparently the local shop got into hot water about accepting stolen items. Now they are required to make a copy of the drivers license, take a photo of the items being turned in and take a photo of the person turning it in. Theft still happens around here, but the scrappers have to travel out of county to turn it in to shops that don't take this info. The guy that lived in the rental across the street used to scrap, he would be up until at least midnight hammering on metal items for whatever reason. Thankfully he moved away.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler