#871 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Got a few things this weekend.

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

Spent $18 on everything pictured (board games included.)
Dragon Strike game is missing VHS tape though. :(

Got the DBZ game off a guy who had about 30 game systems for sale (Sega, NES, SNES, Atari, etc.) but they all looked like they had been sitting outside for a few years, and he wasn't in a hurry to sell 'em dirt cheap either. Still, this is more than I have found all season. I've never seen a Sega Genesis 3, so I had to get that plus all the games for $15.

Spending breakdown:
Smess - $1
Dragon Strike - $1
Wolverine Sega game - .25
Dragon Ball Z Sagas - $1
Two Sega Systems, 4 controllers, all original wires (except one had a universal plug rather than Sega), plus rest of games (18 or 19) - $15

Edit: I forgot, I made a new rival! This guy bought a few games at a yard sale that I had last week. This week, I saw him in town at a sale. Decide to head north and hope to lose him. As I'm looking at the Sega box, he comes up to me as asks if I'm getting them. I say yes and carry it around until he finally leaves. Then I haggle the seller down from $20 to $15. Overall a fun day, and some good competition.

Edited by Pyloric, 10 June 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Posted Image

#872 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

Tons of sales this weekend, very few good finds.

This sale advertised games and started at 9pm, after getting beat out last time I arrived at 8:30 to see them still setting up.
Spoiler

PS3 Batman Arkham Asylum $5
HDMI splitter w/ remote $10
DVDs $2 each, but he gave me 7 for $10.
2001: a space odyssey Deluxe collector set #124921
Gone with the Wind (sealed)
Batman Beyond return of the joker -uncut version
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell 2 Innocence
SLC Punk
Dune 3 disc director's cut special edition
He threw in the component cable for free.

His wife came out and said "I thought we weren't opening until 9?" I apologized for being early but he said it was ok, the person that was knocking at their door at 7:30 was too early.

From various sales:
Spoiler

The Xbox games and DVDs were $1 each except Police Academy which was $.50. I found many sales with cheap DVDs, one had 6 for $5 some of them still sealed. I grabbed 12. At that price I will watch them, give them away or possibly trade them in for credit.
List:
Spoiler

I take chances on old VHS every once in awhile looking for rare OOP titles.
Spoiler

Struck out with these at $1 each. Anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of VHS that have not been released on DVD?

Best find of the day came from a video shop in a town I don't normally travel to.
Spoiler

Fox Hunt PS1 $10. Unfortunatly it did not come with a manual. This is the first time I've ever seen a copy, was suprised it was priced that low.

I was out in the country when I found the strangest yard sale item ever; a live snapping turtle. The guy was the son of the elderly gentleman running the sale. The father was your average friendly clean cut guy.... the son, however, looked like a sleazy dirtball. He wanted $20 for him and said he would make a nice stew. Said he caught him at the pay lake a few miles down the road (I don't see people that go to pay lakes as true fishermen). I regret not trying to get him to set him loose, or at least calling a conservation officer. Pretty sure selling wildlife like that is illegal.

Edited by Invicta 61, 10 June 2012 - 09:44 PM.
damn spoiler tags!

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#873 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

Pretty sure selling wildlife like that is illegal.

It's a massive fine in some cases. When deciding to adopt some desert tortoises, we had to become licensed and were warned that if we were caught selling, mistreating, or letting them loose, it would be a $50,000 fine. I'm not sure how accurate that is or if it was a combined total, but either way, we had no intention of finding out.

#874 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg839/scaled.php?server=839&filename=img1206ne.jpg&res=landing

Spent $18 on everything pictured (board games included.)
Dragon Strike game is missing VHS tape though. :(

I picked up a complete copy of Dragon Strike a few weeks ago for $1 and it included the VHS still sealed! It's comming up in one of my catch up posts.

Spoiler

#875 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

He fished a turtle at a pay lake?

#876 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

He fished a turtle at a pay lake?

LOL dunno, with the way he looked he probably jumped into the water after it. He probably caught it on the bank while it was warming itself.

While on a trip with my father we saw a larger one just like it in a dry ditch near a farmer's field years ago. This is the one we found.
Spoiler

He hitched a ride to the creek 3 miles down the road since we were in the middle of a nasty drought at the time.

Spoiler

#877 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

Went to a distant (30 min. away) neighborhood sale on Thur. but didn't find much (not pictured--got a KOTOR I Xbox complete for $1). As I was driving back I saw a sign in this little town on the highway . . . as I turned on the block, I saw another sign for a deeper sale . . . decided to go deep and come back. I walk into this garage and there were a ton of really nice DVDs and Blu-rays . . . I cherry picked about half of them and got a good $500 in value for $50 . . . I know, I know, you're wondering WTF! So, here is a pic of most of it:
Posted Image
Note that some of the Blu-rays are Critereon Collection. Some were sealed . . . all near mint.
As I was digging through the DVDs I saw a PS2 but it was marked $50. I was at this sale for 20 mins. and there wasn't another shopper. The PS2 had some mics and a guitar and crap games but I noticed it was white . . . actually thought it was a Wii. So, after I paid for the DVDs I offered $25 . . . she said she would do $30 . . . so we met at $27.
Posted Image
I didn't know it had any extra value until I looked it up on Amazon later. The Gungrave is flippable and the Jimmy Neutron is sealed. I also didn't know there was a Logitech wireless controller included until I got home :-)

I only went out for a few hours on Friday and the most notable game pickup was this N64:
Posted Image
I paid $25 and really shouldn't have bought it. I saw it marked $50 and asked if the woman would do $20 . . . I shouldn't have offered anything. She said the lowest was $40 and it would've ended there but her husband was passing by and he thought $25 would be OK (with all the games). At that point, I couldn't walk away.

On Sat. I could only stay out until 11:00 but there was a really cool subdivision sale (50 houses and the people are really nice). I had cruised by a few of the houses that started on Friday and one right in the middle said there'd be games on Sat. So I memorized the house and got there first thing at 8:00. Sure enough there was a stack of games . . . I pulled out these:
Posted Image
There also was a Black Ops 360 but the woman pulled it back :-( I paid $12 for the above.

I pitched $18 for these:
Posted Image
My offer was accepted so fast that I knew I should've offered $12 :-)

When I saw OBO on this:
Posted Image
I offered $10 and the guy was so nice, that he let me have the PS3 baseball game after we agreed.

2 for $1 on these:
Posted Image
I keep forgetting that only the Xbox SW Battlefront II has value but the Secret Weapons (complete) will flip.

As I left the subdivision, I needed to move toward home (as I promised my wife) and had to skip many, many sales on the way home :-( I did stop a few more and got over $500 worth of books (many textbooks) at one house and scooped up this at one my last sales:
Posted Image
No power adapter but has a screen protector (so I hope its clean underneath). Holds a charge and works well. Paid $10.

Edited by schultzed, 11 June 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#878 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

I forgot these (loners--each at different sales):
Posted Image
$1 KOTOR, $2 Club Penguin, and $4 for Mario

I saw this marked $5 (got it for $3):
Posted Image
Not surprised that it doesn't sell for much on ebay
Posted Image
But I had to buy it--so cool.

Edited by schultzed, 12 June 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#879 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

You guys don't like scrappers , best not leave and car/boat batteries out. I learned my lesson while working on my car . Left the battery next to my rear, tire was gone the next day.

#880 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

That's rough man, they took your tire too?

#881 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

You guys don't like scrappers , best not leave and car/boat batteries out. I learned my lesson while working on my car . Left the battery next to my rear, tire was gone the next day.

Car batteries pull in about $8 each locally, and radiators have been stolen out of cars sitting behind garages. I've gotten into the habit of closing up my garage if I'm going to be away for more than 5-10 minutes and not leave anything out that I want to keep around.

Spoiler

#882 yoyo1316

yoyo1316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Picked up the following:
-working Xbox 360 with controller and power $30 (sold for $60 to. A friend)
-A full tub of Lionel train set in boxes with tracks $20 (need to sort them still)
-some baby stuff ($250 high chair for $25!)
-Complete NES (NES-001 model) $6

#883 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

Had a great find today. May post pics tomorrow.

#884 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

That's rough man, they took your tire too?

No just the batt

Car batteries pull in about $8 each locally, and radiators have been stolen out of cars sitting behind garages. I've gotten into the habit of closing up my garage if I'm going to be away for more than 5-10 minutes and not leave anything out that I want to keep around.

Yeh, they pull $10 here. The slow breakdown of American society.

#885 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

My weekend find, $9 I didn't haggle probably should have, but I knew it was worth alot more than $9. I didn't think the GBC would work, but it works great.

Posted Image

#886 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

The slow breakdown of American society.

I know this isn't the place for politics (and both Democrats and Republicans let this happen anyway--but Ronald Reagan and the Bushs led the way) but . . .

Each and every factory that moved out of the US led to the lowering of living standards for people in the middle (or lower). The wealthy saw great short-term gains but now there are fewer and fewer people with money to buy the goods and the value of firms has decreased. Ultimately everyone is hurt.

The kicker . . . blue-collar workers love to vote for wealthy Republicans.

#887 mediviper

mediviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I forgot these (loners--each at different sales):
Posted Image
$1 KOTOR, $2 Club Penguin, and $4 for Mario

I saw this marked $5 (got it for $3):
Posted Image
Not surprised that it doesn't sell for much on ebay
Posted Image
But I had to buy it--so cool.

I have that record. Its terrible, but so amazing. Find a way to listen to it :) You will hate yourself and me for telling you to do so.

#888 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'll spoiler this since it is off-topic...
Spoiler

#889 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

OT:

Spoiler

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#890 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

OT:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#891 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I knew I shouldn't say anything . . . and I'm sure we can get back to rummage in the discussion.

I don't find anything of use in the occupy movement.

Overall, I don't even blame the politicians . . . they just opened the door wider.

I do feel that the short-sightedness of capitalists is the big problem. Of course it will be perversely funny if we put a Wall Streeter in charge only a few years after WE bailed out Wall Street because of their own gross mismanagement.

I whole heartedly agree with the below. Globalization is making politics less managable.

Edited by schultzed, 13 June 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#892 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

I was comment about politics but decided scratch that. All I can say is, best get ready for the next four years , it won't even matter who the President is.

#893 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Stopped at a yard sale today during my lunch (it was strange because no one has yard sales in the middle of the week around here). The people had obviously priced everything according to eBay prices and they actually had a small sign that said "ALL PRICES FIRM". After seeing some older DVDs marked $9 each, I just shook my head and got back in the car.

Spoiler

Spoiler

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#894 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Well, I'll just post my two most recent finds.

Posted Image

$40. Yes, I overpaid. A lot. But in my defense, with the GameStop 7/$35 thing, I can make a few dollars off the games and I got the controller for free (something I was going to buy at GameStop for $20.)

Posted Image
Posted Image

My real score, $40 for all. All systems have all cords and controllers. N64 and GC CIB. And those games. I was thinking about keeping Zelda Collector's and N64 OoT and Majora's Mask for myself. Not sure if I will, but maybe. Overall though, I think this is a pretty great find.

#895 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

yay for yard sale theft?

Yeah, I don't condone what he did btw, I'm just reporting that he did it. I personally never would have done that, but my brother is kinda of an idiot sometimes, so I'm not surprised he did.

Although who leaves a sale unattended like that!?

One sale I went to had a big sign that read:

"This is a different kind of yard sale, take whatever you want and feel free to pay what you want and leave the money in the green birdhouse on the porch"

I took a GBA Player and wires for a Gamecube System (but left the system, it was beyond repair filthy) and put 2 bucks in the birdhouse. Strangest sale I've ever been to.

#896 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, I don't condone what he did btw, I'm just reporting that he did it. I personally never would have done that, but my brother is kinda of an idiot sometimes, so I'm not surprised he did.

Although who leaves a sale unattended like that!?

One sale I went to had a big sign that read:

"This is a different kind of yard sale, take whatever you want and feel free to pay what you want and leave the money in the green birdhouse on the porch"

I took a GBA Player and wires for a Gamecube System (but left the system, it was beyond repair filthy) and put 2 bucks in the birdhouse. Strangest sale I've ever been to.

At least it wasn't a sale like this:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...dit-100806.html

And a few weeks ago, we had a bag sale at our house. Fill a shopping bag with stuff on tarps for $3, two bags for $5. More expensive stuff was on the porch and priced separately. We made a killing that day, and people were going apeshit over it, because every 30 minutes or so, I'd bring out another bin or two and dump it on the tarps.

It was all left-over flea market junk, stuff we could have made money off of, but it wasn't worth the time or space it was taking up to deal with.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#897 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

Bag sale is totally the way to go if you want to get rid of stuff and don't care about pricing each item individually and want to get rid of a lot of junk. You can make money this way because you usually get money from each customer instead of people walking away with nothing, also those 25 cent and 10 cent items will add up over the course of a day.

I think a lot of people don't buy because items are never priced, as a customer I have no way of knowing if you want $20 for an item or 25 cents and if I am not that interested I might not ask especially if the rest of the items are overpriced.

#898 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Went to two sales advertising records:

First one had 2 Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass records I didn't own. $0.50 total.

Second had: another Herb Alpert record, best of Carly Simon, Miami Vice soundtrack, Aristocats soundtrack, Hall and Oates, and two others I don't remember. $3 total.

Had to do a little driving out of my way as I was heading to work, but it was worth it.

#899 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

Posted Image

Overall though, I think this is a pretty great find.

This is an awesome haul.

What are the SNES games?

I see Super Metroid, DK Country, Earthworm Jim, Zelda . . . what is in the upper right?

#900 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

At least it wasn't a sale like this:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...dit-100806.html

:rofl: Now that takes balls to not only break into a house, but they to sell off the items from the home in the front yard of the house you just broke into. One thing that amuses me most though is that neighbors just watched this guy selling all the stuff outta this garage for a couple of hours and did NOTHING!?!?!?

Really? That's the nuttiest part of that story to me.

Anyway, I had a question regarding yard saling stuff. We just cleaned out our kitchen cupboards of tons of old mugs, plates n other stuff. If I were to sell em at a yard sale, what do you think would be a good price for items? Or should I just do a bag sale? Unfortunately most of the stuff is covered in dust since it'd been in the cabinets since we moved here. We've used the same coffee mugs & plates for years, so the rest of this is just stuff we'll never use.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image