2495 replies to this topic

#901 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

This is an awesome haul.

What are the SNES games?

I see Super Metroid, DK Country, Earthworm Jim, Zelda . . . what is in the upper right?

Aladdin. Plus I have The Lion King from this sale somewhere off screen.

Oh and best part, this sale doesn't even start until Thursday.

I have another box of stuff I got from another sale. Might take pics.

#902 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

:rofl: Now that takes balls to not only break into a house, but they to sell off the items from the home in the front yard of the house you just broke into. One thing that amuses me most though is that neighbors just watched this guy selling all the stuff outta this garage for a couple of hours and did NOTHING!?!?!?

Really? That's the nuttiest part of that story to me.

Anyway, I had a question regarding yard saling stuff. We just cleaned out our kitchen cupboards of tons of old mugs, plates n other stuff. If I were to sell em at a yard sale, what do you think would be a good price for items? Or should I just do a bag sale? Unfortunately most of the stuff is covered in dust since it'd been in the cabinets since we moved here. We've used the same coffee mugs & plates for years, so the rest of this is just stuff we'll never use.

That stuff won't sell for more than 25 cents a piece over here, or maybe $2 a set, most yard sales I go to have tons of this stuff but it doesn't sell, if you are going to have just a glassware and kitchenware sale, then I wouldn't even bother. I mean if you have a free weekend, live on a busy street, and don't mind setting it up, but I wouldn't pay for an ad in the paper for this kind of sale if that is all you have cause you probably won't make much. Over here an ad is $29 a weekend, which is really high for just a yard sale ad. I don't think a bag sale is good for this type of stuff, its better for clothes or stuff you can shove into a bag, which isn't glassware. You could however do prices like 25 cents each or 5 for a dollar, that works really well to get people to buy more stuff and get it out of your hands.

#903 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

Bag sale huh. I'm going to have to try that out in our next yard sale. Do you let people overflow?

#904 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Bag sale huh. I'm going to have to try that out in our next yard sale. Do you let people overflow?

Yeah, we weren't very strict. Hell, during the last two hours of the second day, we dropped it to a buck a bag. Our main goal was to get rid of stuff, making some money on that junk was a bonus.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#905 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

ahhhh!!! 4 sales advertise games tomorrow...All starting at 8 am and grouped in pairs on opposite sides of town. I know which 2 I am going to hit, but it kills me to miss out on the other 2. Good luck everyone!

#906 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

One thing that amuses me most though is that neighbors just watched this guy selling all the stuff outta this garage for a couple of hours and did NOTHING!?!?!?

Really? That's the nuttiest part of that story to me.

Doesn't really surprise me. A lot of people these days like to keep to themselves and they often don't get to know their neighbors. I've lived in my current house for over two years and I haven't formally met a single person in my neighborhood. I knocked on the next-door neighbor's house for the second time ever yesterday (my kid locked me out of the house and I needed help), but there was no answer, so I still haven't met them. Aside from two of the guys, I can't even recall what any of them look like. But in my defense, there are about 15 people living in that house.

Anyway, my point is: if the same thing happened with one of our neighbors, I would be none the wiser. And if it happened to us, I think they'd be just as oblivious. For what it's worth, at our old apartment, we were actually friends with some of our neighbors and we always looked out for each other...but we were all squished together, so we ran into each other everyday and had more incentive to get along.

#907 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

That stuff won't sell for more than 25 cents a piece over here, or maybe $2 a set, most yard sales I go to have tons of this stuff but it doesn't sell, if you are going to have just a glassware and kitchenware sale, then I wouldn't even bother. I mean if you have a free weekend, live on a busy street, and don't mind setting it up, but I wouldn't pay for an ad in the paper for this kind of sale if that is all you have cause you probably won't make much. Over here an ad is $29 a weekend, which is really high for just a yard sale ad. I don't think a bag sale is good for this type of stuff, its better for clothes or stuff you can shove into a bag, which isn't glassware. You could however do prices like 25 cents each or 5 for a dollar, that works really well to get people to buy more stuff and get it out of your hands.

Thanks for the advice. I do have some other stuff I'd likely consider selling, but chances are I wouldn't want yard sale prices for it. I have a few of those remote control cars from the Black Ops Prestige bundles in the box the sets came in still. I'd probably want like $30 for one with the medal & box included(but not the steelbook case).:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#908 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the advice. I do have some other stuff I'd likely consider selling, but chances are I wouldn't want yard sale prices for it. I have a few of those remote control cars from the Black Ops Prestige bundles in the box the sets came in still. I'd probably want like $30 for one with the medal & box included(but not the steelbook case).:lol:

If you have any larger or higher priced items, you are better off listing them on ebay or craigslist or finding a buyer through some other means at least around here. I sold a single DVD for like $30 on ebay but if I marked it $20-30 at a yard sale people would think I was nuts and would just leave my sale. The yard sale is a completely different market than ebay so you have to price accordingly. There is nothing that makes people leave a sale faster than tons of overpriced or ebay priced items. Most people come to yard sales with change or under $10 in their pockets so you have to work with that. People expect 25 cents, 50 cents and $1 items. The chances of people spending $30 out of their pocket for a luxury item like a remote control car are slim to none at a yard sale, at least here. They will spend for furniture or appliances but those are usually people who come out looking for something specific. If you have furniture then your best bet is to place an ad on craigslist for the piece separately and then say that the piece is viewable at yard sale on so and so date.

#909 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

OH MAI GOD. This is like a dream come true. Hope I can get some good deals here..,

CL description

Game Cube System w/controllers and games (Mario Cart, Druble Dash)
PS2 Game System w. remote and controllers
Electronics, cables, etc.
Blue Tooth Headsets
Cell phones
Nintendo DS
Miscellaneous Game System and PC games
Car Stereo
Wireless Desktop network cards
HP Fax Machine / Printer
Epson Printer with cables
19" Televisions
HD TV Converter (set top box)

#910 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Oh and best part, this sale doesn't even start until Thursday.

I hate you and everyone else who finds these great bundles.
This was today and typical of what I get:
Posted Image
Guy wants $20 for whole box . . . I got it for $15.

Systems:
Posted Image
No power adapter or hookup . . . controllers are poor--was happy to see expanded memory.

Posted Image
No power adapter

Posted Image
Hookup but no power adapter. Controller is ugly. Spare PC controller and Atari joystick

Games:
Posted Image
Nothing great . . . a few B-list.

Granted $15 is a good deal but I just can't get a good bundle.
Guy said he was hanging onto his SNES . . . dang.

#911 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Games:
Posted Image
Nothing great . . . a few B-list.

Granted $15 is a good deal but I just can't get a good bundle.
Guy said he was hanging onto his SNES . . . dang.

You've got good NES/n64 starter set material there; maybe $50 per bundle if you Craigslist during the holidays.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#912 ex_eBay_buyer

ex_eBay_buyer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

This was today and typical of what I get:

. . . I would have been ecstatic to find a bundle like that for $15!
Yard-Saleing is a SPORT.

#913 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

I was pretty excited . . . I bought it quickly after seeing the N64 and NES and Goldeneye . . . but I didn't dig into it until later and I was hoping for more/better games in the box. Why can't I get a Mario Kart, Super Smash, and Mario Party???

#914 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Dat grey cartridge Zelda II....

#915 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

I had a busy day today. I just came out of a Papajohns coma a few minutes ago. I remember buying lots of stuff, some of it being games. At this rate I will not post them for another month. Nice box lot!

#916 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

Yeah, that's still a good deal for $15.

I think I'm going to post pics of my other find. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. I don't know. If I have time before work maybe?

#917 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

I would've been ecstatic to find a bundle like that. Period. Around here people would ask heyday retail price for stuff like that.

Well, hopefully I'll have some luck this weekend. Gonna take a road trip through some small IL towns.

#918 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

Here's my other pick up. Everything pictured totals about $50. Not as good of a pick up as my other one, but it's okay, kinda. All systems have all cords and 3-4 controllers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Honestly, for $50, was this a good deal at all? I personally feel like I really overpaid.

#919 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

To and from work yesterday, I noticed an unusual amount of sales for a Thursday. Of course, being at work, I didn't have time to stop at any of them. I completely overlooked the fact that it's the 100 mile More on 34 sale.

I'll be heading out as soon as my bank opens. Wish me luck!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#920 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Here's my other pick up. Everything pictured totals about $50. Not as good of a pick up as my other one, but it's okay, kinda. All systems have all cords and 3-4 controllers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Honestly, for $50, was this a good deal at all? I personally feel like I really overpaid.

I say yes. Mario Party 2 alone is worth 20-25 online. If there's expansions packs in the N64s you got a VERY good deal.

Edited by Ferrari Racer, 15 June 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#921 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Bought this box of LEGOs for $20!!!! There has to be at least 800-1000 pieces!!!! My future kids are going to be ****ing SPOILED. Also bought the 360 controller for $1, and the games were $4 total. PS2 controller was free.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#922 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

I seriously need a lesson in legos. I saw some small rectangle (shoebox) sized (12x4x4) rubbermaids filled with them for 4.99 at savers. They were mixed sets, but I have a feeling I should have bought them.

#923 Percy Harvin

Percy Harvin

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

I seriously need a lesson in legos. I saw some small rectangle (shoebox) sized (12x4x4) rubbermaids filled with them for 4.99 at savers. They were mixed sets, but I have a feeling I should have bought them.

The money is in the minifigs. Pieces aren't worth much except for weight mostly.

#924 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

The money is in the minifigs. Pieces aren't worth much except for weight mostly.

Yeah, I usually buy those if I see them, but these were general mixed pieces (not old/thin legos either). What is the going rate per pound? TIA

#925 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, I usually buy those if I see them, but these were general mixed pieces (not old/thin legos either). What is the going rate per pound? TIA

look on eBay

#926 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

To and from work yesterday, I noticed an unusual amount of sales for a Thursday. Of course, being at work, I didn't have time to stop at any of them. I completely overlooked the fact that it's the 100 mile More on 34 sale.

I'll be heading out as soon as my bank opens. Wish me luck!

Hate the fact that I can't get out to these until tomorrow. Hope you left some for us working stiffs!

#927 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

KOTR sells for $20 by itself. Good find

#928 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

OH, okay then, good to know. Guess that was a good deal. But here, I found another great haul today.

Posted Image

$25 for it all.

#929 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

look on eBay

I did and it seems they go for $2-$5 per pound. I was curious if there is a rule of thumb rate in the lego community. Or if it is better to split them up by color or whatever. No need to be a dick.

#930 baz8771

baz8771

Don't CML

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

I did and it seems they go for $2-$5 per pound. I was curious if there is a rule of thumb rate in the lego community. Or if it is better to split them up by color or whatever. No need to be a dick.

Well christ man, you SHOULD know the price of everything and never have to ask any questions, because you'd never do that for others.... [/sarcasm]