Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#931 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I did and it seems they go for $2-$5 per pound. I was curious if there is a rule of thumb rate in the lego community. Or if it is better to split them up by color or whatever. No need to be a dick.

Yeah, I would say $4-5 a pound sounds about right. Though if you look closely at Ferrari Racer's find, he has a Creator Beach House 4996...that's about $100 new. In a case like that it might make sense to pay more if you think you have all the pieces (or a few disassembled sets of interest)
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#932 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, I would say $4-5 a pound sounds about right. Though if you look closely at Ferrari Racer's find, he has a Creator Beach House 4996...that's about $100 new. In a case like that it might make sense to pay more if you think you have all the pieces (or a few disassembled sets of interest)

$100.... damn. I don't know if the owner included pieces from it he just placed the box with all the other pieces and it was empty. Looks like I have a lot of digging to do.

#933 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hate the fact that I can't get out to these until tomorrow. Hope you left some for us working stiffs!

Luckily, I only work Monday-Thursday which leaves the weekends open for garage sales! Which towns are you hitting up? I had a very mild day. It was super hot and I was by myself so I got bored quickly. I only saw two video games all day and they were sports. It seems like all I ever see nowadays are The Sims games and their expansions. I haven't seen anything PS2/Xbox/GC or newer in a LONG time. It's getting really frustrating.

I did get Batman and Joker Whacky Wobbler bobbleheads still in the box for $2 each. Those were awesome.

My biggest find of the day actually came at a pawn shop later on. 3DS for $50. :bouncy:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#934 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

For $1 total I got...

Grand Theft Auto 2 for the PSOne CIB. (Have a copy of it already, but for the price I bought another so my dad can keep the other.)

THUG 2 for the PS2 disc only (Have a CIB copy of it for the 360, grabbed it for my dad's PS2 and for my nephews to play.)

Finally, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 disc only for the PS2. (Bought it originally planning to flip it, but since it's disc only I may just keep a hold of it. The disc is pretty scratched, but looks playable.)
Posted Image

#935 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Went to a few sales today that I found advertised on one of our local city's news sites. All had video games in ther description. One had a bunch of shovelware wii and ds games for $5 each....and mario kart for DS for $10 but another guy had it in his hands. I wouldnt have paid $10 for it anyways. ANother sale had xbox,ps2, and gamecube games...nothing steller though. Only Nintendo brand GCN game was Starfox Adventures..rest of the games were pretty mediocre or crap and way overpriced. They were selling a gamecube for $40 by itself and ps2 for $40 by itself. Wanted like $10 a piece on their games. They had one 360 game too...the Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda duel pack for $15............give me a break.

The third sale was the motherload. :)

Not too many games but I grabbed the better or cheaper titles they had, and some nice dvd sets on the cheap:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volumes 1,2,3 ---------------$5 for all
Sealab 2021 Volumes 1,2 and 4---------------------$5 for all
MXC seasons 1 and 2-------------$1 each
Samurai Champloo Volumes 1 thru 4 $5 for all
Tamagatchi (GB) $.75
Amazing Penguin (GB) $1
Advance Wars (GBA) $2
Advance Wars 2 (GBA) $2
Legend of Zelda (GBA) $3
Work Time Fun (PSP) $3
Astonisha Story (PSP) $5
The 7th Saga (SNES) $2
WeaponLord (SNES) $2

they took $34 for all. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#936 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

This is my first post in this thread, so i hope you all enjoy:

So my town is having a community garage sale. I just found out about it yesterday. So I decided to work from home today so I could go check some of these out early in the morning. So I headed out and found everything you see below. Spent $31 on it all. All the SNES stuff was in a box for $25. I didn't bother negotiating b/c i was in shock.

Check it:
Posted Image

I couldn't believe it. All the games are CIB (except, obviously, the loose ones). The loose one that is hard to see is "King of Dragons" (a capcom game).

The SNES is yellowed on the bottom, but came with 4 controllers (the one shown is the SN Programpad) and the power supply. I haven't tested it yet.

The gameboy games were 25 cents each (Super Mario Bros Deluxe, R Type DX, Pocket Bomberman, and Bust a Move 4); Got the PS1 games and Black Ops for $5 total.

#937 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

One helluva way to make your first post in the thread! Great find!
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#938 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Thanks. This is my first good find in nearly a year.

#939 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

I've failed to post all my finds as I get them, so I'm going to dump all of them here before I forget!

Finds 5-12-12
Spoiler

This was the first good sales weekend of the year. This particular sale was outside of town at 9am. She wanted $20 for the NES and games and $2 each for the SNES games. I talked her down to $20 for all. Love finding PTO II!

Spoiler

Found these at a community sale at the fair grounds at about noon. I was actually leaving when I spotted this box sitting under a table at a booth with nothing but clothes. The lady was asking $1 each, I offered $20 for the lot. She accepted $25. I thought I had hit paydirt with Big Nose.... until I realized it was the more common version. Still not bad for 30 games.
List O' games:
Spoiler

Spoiler

#940 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Finds for 5-19-12

Still early in the season at this point, so games are plentiful.
Spoiler

This find is from a moving sale down the road from my house. Arrived just before 8am and they were still setting up. The PS1 games / memory cards (2) were $.50 each and the Xbox games were $1 each. No haggling needed. All games are complete. I was disappointed there was no FF VII. And yes, that is a Morrowind GOTY.

They also had a ton of CDs for $.50 each of which the Van Halen is the only one I can find now. I also grabbed about 7 Weird Al Yankovich albums disc only.

This next one is my favorite find of the year so far:
Spoiler

CIB SNES slim with games $30.
Arrived just before the start of a 9am sale. The system is very minty, all papers and bags are accounted for. It even has the original slim style controller that came with the system. She was a tough cookie to crack; she would not budge on the price. I eventually got her to throw in the games and the ascii turbo controller (she wanted $2 each for them). The ascii controller was rather worn and dirty, leading me to believe the slim was a replacement console.

The games are Super Mario Kart, Aladdin, Super Mario World and ActRaiser.

Spoiler

#941 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

Luckily, I only work Monday-Thursday which leaves the weekends open for garage sales! Which towns are you hitting up? I had a very mild day. It was super hot and I was by myself so I got bored quickly. I only saw two video games all day and they were sports. It seems like all I ever see nowadays are The Sims games and their expansions. I haven't seen anything PS2/Xbox/GC or newer in a LONG time. It's getting really frustrating.

I did get Batman and Joker Whacky Wobbler bobbleheads still in the box for $2 each. Those were awesome.

My biggest find of the day actually came at a pawn shop later on. 3DS for $50. :bouncy:

I live in Oswego. My plan is to go as far as like Earlville or Mendota. There's a flea market in Leland I wanted to look up and a small game store in Sandwich where I've had some luck.

Not looking forward to the heat, but I figure I'll take a cooler of water and some extra sunblock. Not a great plan, but I haven't freestyled in a few months.

#942 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Finds 5-20-12

I went out on a Sunday because there was a highway sale that I didn't get to see as much of as I wanted. There were a few deals and a few duds.

Spoiler

Found these at a parking lot sale in a small town along the highway. Got Castlevania Chronicles for $1, Dragon Strike $1 and Guitar Hero Decades DS (complete) for $2.

I was very suprised to find Castlevania for $1 on a Sunday at a highway sale!

I think this is the third copy of Dragon Strike to show up on this thread this year. Note the sealed VHS. I think the people bought this game, opened the card deck and lost interest. All plastic parts are still attached but the box has major shelf wear.

Spoiler

Found this bundle tagged for $15. I offered $10 and they countered with $12. I should have kept my $12. Maybe I can put it on Craiglist for $20?

Spoiler

#943 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

Finds 6-2-12

After being up until about 4am Friday night, I overslept until 7:45. Thought I was screwed for some sales I wanted to get first dibs on. Lucky for me that I wasn't the only one that overslept...

Spoiler

I arrived at the sale I wanted to check out at about 8:30 expecting it to be cleaned out..... they had just started setting up! The guides were $1 each except for the Fallout guides which were $2 each. The only guide I left was Alan Wake since I don't own the game.... or a 360. When I grabbed the Fallout NV SE book, the guy went in the house and got a baggie with the poker chips and playing cards and gave them to me. He then talked himself down to $1 on DC Universe saying you may have to buy an online pass. The G.I. Joe season 1.1 was $6. Paid $16 total for everything pictured. If the guy running the sale is out there reading this, you're fucking awesome dude!

Spoiler

Found some CDs that I apparently couldn't live without.
Bob & Tom $2 each
Alice in Chains - Facelift $1
Led Zepplin - Led Zepplin II $2
NIN - "The perfect drug" versions $1
Jefferson Airplane - The worst of jefferson airplane $2
The Beatles - 1967-1970 (2 disc) $5

I don't really listen to Bob & Tom but a guy at a local shop told me people around here go nuts for them and pay $15-$20 each. Figure I could make a few bucks. Normally $2 is my limit on any used CD and I have to really like it to pay that much, but The Beatles are going to set you back no matter where you get them. Plus this album has most of the songs I like from them.

Spoiler

#944 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

nice

Posted Image

#945 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

They had one 360 game too...the Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda duel pack for $15............give me a break.

The only 360 game I saw today was the Lego Indiana Jones single game edition for $20 used. (They also had Halo & Halo 2 for $10 each and some crappy girl's DS game for $5). Passed on all of that stuff.

Also was ready to buy Black Eyed Peas Monkey Business for 75 cents, but noone was around so I just set it back and walked off.
Posted Image

#946 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Today was a bust. Only got some legos for 25 cents. I saw some GBA games but it was all shovelware.

#947 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

This is my first post in this thread, so i hope you all enjoy:

So my town is having a community garage sale. I just found out about it yesterday. So I decided to work from home today so I could go check some of these out early in the morning. So I headed out and found everything you see below. Spent $31 on it all. All the SNES stuff was in a box for $25. I didn't bother negotiating b/c i was in shock.

Check it:

Spoiler

Really nice lot!

Invicta61 Those finds are insane! I might start hitting IN.

I had a family emergency so I got to an 8:00 sale at 8:05 this morning. The lady told me she had just sold a Nintendo and Sega (genesis) and around 25-30 games for $20 about 2 minutes before I got there. :bomb:

I actually passed the guy as he was leaving the sale because it is in an area, where there is only one road in and out. I still bought a couple of games that they hadn't put out, so it wasn't a total loss.

TBH, I am having much better luck hitting the thrift store lately. I've been working on GS and Thrift pics, so hopefully I can get some stuff posted soon.

I might just make my own pickup thread, so I don't have to categorize everything.

#948 ChicagoCubz

ChicagoCubz

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Not much luck this morning. Seemed like everything was overpriced junk. My favorite was the "new" Wii for $150.

Picked up a couple Leapfrog Handhelds for $2 that I'll probably flip, a slim PS2 for $5 (the AV cable is unusable though), some DS Math trainer game for a buck, and Dance Dance Revolution Disney Channel Edition with pad for 15 cents (though I later realized the game wasn't in the case).

I should have posted pics of my haul last week, found tons of games and systems dirt cheap.

#949 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Didn't get much this morning. Hit 3 neighborhood sales and a rummage sale.
$3.00 King Kong Production Diaries
$1.00 about 100 pokemon cards (4 foil) and zelda oot 3d guide.
$0.50 Mint greatest hits Resident Evil Directors Cut
And $4.00 unused / very clean bird carrying cage.

Also got some dvd / game stands, each one will hold 48 games. Got two for $1.00

Edited by Artrigis, 16 June 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#950 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Went back to the community sale I went to yesterday as I kept hearing more people would be out.

There wasn't much, as we were on our way to leave I had picked up three copies of this Wolverine sticker (by Raney) from 1993. No idea where they were from... comics, free comic day, cereal or what, but they had a stack of easily 100 or more and had them marked 10 cents or 3 for a quarter.

On the way out, one family that had some free stuff put a ton more of stuff out so my sister and I raided it. I got Dawn of the Dead (Director's Cut) on VHS and the soundtrack to Elektra. Also found my nephews a few Nick videos there and at another free box including some Catdog, Hey Arnold, and Sponge Bob.

Saw about 5 360 games. $5 2011 sports titles, GH3 for $5 and then Hot Pursuit for $10. Passed on all of them.
Posted Image

#951 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

I went to a huge community tag sale that I spent 3.5 hours of my Saturday morning.

DJ Hero xbox 360 turntables $5.00 for both

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Misc games - $1-$3 each N64 manuals $2 for all

Posted Image

Posted Image

#952 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

PS1 Rpg - The games are all mint; seller knew what they were worth - $60 for all and $10 for the ps2 game (sealed)

Posted Image

Game Boy adv, color, SP Printer, Camera LOT - $ All games were $2.00 each. She had 90 total games in the box. I tried to buy them all for $1.50 each but she would not budge on the price. She said if I bought them all for $2.00, She would give me a $3.00 discount. I cherry picked out the good ones. The sp systems were 10 each and the printer, camera, and paper were 15. The printer and camera both have their factory seals intact

Posted Image

Posted Image

#953 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image

Game boy SP - 10, Game boy adv - 5 and the ds lot $60 with mario kart and mario 64

Posted Image

Posted Image

#954 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

Snes - no wires - $5.00 SNES gams and Sega games - $23 N64 games $0.50

Posted Image

$35 mixed game lot

Posted Image

Posted Image

#955 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

DS kiwi? Lot with Just dance and 3 gba games - $50

Posted Image

Nes Roger Rabbit with manuals - $3.00

Posted Image

Posted Image

#956 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Tomb raider Memory card new - $0.50
Pink Game Boy SP with games - $30

Posted Image

Ms. Pac Man and Jungle Hunt game - $4.00 each

Posted Image

Posted Image

#957 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

PS2 Slim with PSP and a ton of games - $100

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#958 white3er

white3er

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

PSP $10 DS lite - $15

Posted Image

Posted Image

#959 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

What a disappointing fucking day, we got an early start for nothing. I swear, it must be national "sell off grandma's old junk" day.

Only thing I found, gaming-wise, was a complete copy of Firefighter FD 18 :ps2: for $1. Non-gaming, I picked up three NIB McFarlane horror figures for $2 - 2 Freddie Kreuger, 1 Pumpkinhead.

Shovelware and cart-only crap DS games for $5-10/each. I almost picked up a disc only of Lego Star Wars Complete Saga :ps3: for $5 to flip to Best Buy, but I have NEVER seen a Bluray disc wrecked as bad as this one.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#960 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

^Ahh look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck at home on a beautiful day cause your clutch is fuct.

and white3er, Fuck you , Fuck you man.