#1081 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

:lol: that it did haha

----

What games with the 360 ferant?

Fable II, COD4: Modern Warfare, Rainbow Six Vegas, FEAR, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Perfect Dark Zero, Gears of War, Farcry: Predator, Lost Planet, Phantasy Star Universe, Gears of War 2, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 3, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Call of Duty 2: GOTY, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Prince of Persia, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, Rock Band 2.

#1082 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

What do you guys look for at sales besides video games?

#1083 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Sorry I don't have any find to post, but I can contribute to the off-topic:

People can't expect to get rich quick off a yard sale. As a seller, if you want to cash in "like eBay" then sack up and sell there. Otherwise, be reasonable.

My brother and his wife have made about $300 in the last year doing 3 sales. Other family that have taken stuff to those sales have made considerably less because of the item quality.

I'm gathering stuff now to do a sale in August or September. I plan to do Friday and Saturday. Whatever is left, goes to our local thrift store or the curb.

#1084 NormanB258

NormanB258

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Cool finds for the weekend:

Pandemic table top game in unopened package for $3. (should flip for roughly $25)

MINT IN PACKAGE HAI KARATE SOAP ON A ROPE!!!!!! $.25

And believe it or not, people still buy this stuff online for $10-15 a package. Imagine that. I bought it as a goof.

#1085 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

I've been looking for oldish-board games pretty recently. They're almost universally really cheap (about a dollar or two), and they will either flip for a decent value and if they don't they just go in my closet to have something fun to do with friends. I also pick up cheapish tools and bulk trading cards if they're cheap enough.

#1086 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

We got there as he was bringing out the trunk with all the Xbox stuff so I was there as soon as he plunked it down.

I was picking out most of the games before you listed them :-)

So cool that you were first in line--how many times have CAGers been 2nd or 3rd? This is a great find . . . especially if you don't already have a system and these games. Is this a sys that you will keep?

About the games, much from a flip standpoint but the quanitity is amazing and from a shooter standpoint, this is a great start to a 360 library.

#1087 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

I've been looking for oldish-board games pretty recently. They're almost universally really cheap (about a dollar or two), and they will either flip for a decent value and if they don't they just go in my closet to have something fun to do with friends. I also pick up cheapish tools and bulk trading cards if they're cheap enough.

Almost every boardgame I have bought has been missing pieces, so I tend to stay away. I like tool as well, for personal use not to resell. Recently picked a ryobi 12v drill for $5. Guy said charger didn't work to take it to home depot to have them charge it. He was right it didn't work, but that was because the Power adapter had blown. It was hard wired on to the charging unit. But I have spare adapters. A bit of soldering later and boom everything works great.

#1088 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Almost every boardgame I have bought has been missing pieces, so I tend to stay away. I like tool as well, for personal use not to resell. Recently picked a ryobi 12v drill for $5. Guy said charger didn't work to take it to home depot to have them charge it. He was right it didn't work, but that was because the Power adapter had blown. It was hard wired on to the charging unit. But I have spare adapters. A bit of soldering later and boom everything works great.

Yea, you always run the risk of missing pieces with board games. When that happens, I try to sell the game for parts. One game I picked up, Battle Masters, is worth a lot more than I paid for it just in parts. You're totally right though, it is a pretty big risk.

#1089 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yea, you always run the risk of missing pieces with board games. When that happens, I try to sell the game for parts. One game I picked up, Battle Masters, is worth a lot more than I paid for it just in parts. You're totally right though, it is a pretty big risk.

Posted Image

#1090 swim83

swim83

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, that's not even close to reality in my experience. I didn't believe it in high school and I especially don't believe it now. None of my friends or family went to college (excluding my father-in-law and grandfather) and they're all much better off than I am. Some of them didn't even graduate high school. While I was wasting my time busting my ass for a piece of paper, they were getting work experience and have worked their way up to jobs they like.

The more I try to find work, the more I regret going to college.

A lot of it depends on the degree. A lot of college students nowadays are under the impression that they can get the degree and automatically have the job. In reality, it takes internships, developed connections, and the right attitude. People also need to realize that when the job market is crappy, it is more beneficial to stay in school and get a Master's/ Doctrine and start out in possible 6 figures or in a better position to start your own business.

#1091 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Treasures.

I look for music instruments, electronics, odd antiques. I look at it as a treasure hunt, maybe I'll find something cool.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#1092 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

picture of mega man 3
Posted Image

I'm pretty sure I played this until my fingers bled when I was a kid (not literally).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1093 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Everything. My parents have been antique dealers for 30 years, so I am used to the flea market/yard sales as a way to pick and make money.

You'd be amazed the people that only look for 10K, 14K, 18K and 24K on jewelry for gold when that's a small fraction of what truly is, and with the price of gold right now a couple pieces can make an entire month for you. Conversely, there are the people that conveniently ignore the "GF" "HGE" and other marks that mean the piece is not solid gold. "GF" means gold filled, which scraps at roughly Sterling prices and not gold prices, while "HGE" has no value as a precious metal.

#1094 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

I was picking out most of the games before you listed them :-)

So cool that you were first in line--how many times have CAGers been 2nd or 3rd? This is a great find . . . especially if you don't already have a system and these games. Is this a sys that you will keep?

About the games, much from a flip standpoint but the quanitity is amazing and from a shooter standpoint, this is a great start to a 360 library.

I already have 3 360s for myself, so this one was to sell. Some of the games I do not have so they are for my collection, but the rest are for sale. After Ultimate Electronics went out of business last year I had just graduated with my Bachelor's and 2,700 resumes later... no job. I've been running a eBay/flea market business with a lot of video games and electronics as well as antiques and collectibles. >$10 360/PS3 games are always a big seller at the flea market and I can normally sell 20-50 of them a week.

I've actually been toying with the idea of opening a video game store in town, trying to be more personal than a Gamestop and I like the idea of doing something like Funcoland used to (at least the one near me) where all the consoles are set up and you can try any used game for up to an hour before buying. It also makes it easier to receive trade ins because even though I pay more than Gamestop as well as cash a lot of people tell me they'll bring there games to trade in to the flea market the next week and then have some excuse why they didn't.

#1095 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Everything. My parents have been antique dealers for 30 years, so I am used to the flea market/yard sales as a way to pick and make money.

You'd be amazed the people that only look for 10K, 14K, 18K and 24K on jewelry for gold when that's a small fraction of what truly is, and with the price of gold right now a couple pieces can make an entire month for you. Conversely, there are the people that conveniently ignore the "GF" "HGE" and other marks that mean the piece is not solid gold. "GF" means gold filled, which scraps at roughly Sterling prices and not gold prices, while "HGE" has no value as a precious metal.

GE doesn't fetch much, I've also seen tons of plated sterling shit, I know some makers have value but I couldn't justify buying plated. I picked up some sterling for $1 and just sold it for $30 on the bay, weighed 3.2gs so I was glad to move it. Some necklace from a niche style maker. I hope you aint in my area you'd be my competition. Also got some 585 has diamonds for $1, weighs about 4gs, so melt is around $130.

#1096 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

I already have 3 360s for myself, so this one was to sell. Some of the games I do not have so they are for my collection, but the rest are for sale. After Ultimate Electronics went out of business last year I had just graduated with my Bachelor's and 2,700 resumes later... no job. I've been running a eBay/flea market business with a lot of video games and electronics as well as antiques and collectibles. >$10 360/PS3 games are always a big seller at the flea market and I can normally sell 20-50 of them a week.

I've actually been toying with the idea of opening a video game store in town, trying to be more personal than a Gamestop and I like the idea of doing something like Funcoland used to (at least the one near me) where all the consoles are set up and you can try any used game for up to an hour before buying. It also makes it easier to receive trade ins because even though I pay more than Gamestop as well as cash a lot of people tell me they'll bring there games to trade in to the flea market the next week and then have some excuse why they didn't.

Damn 2700 resumes? I thought I had it bad at 200. I graduated last year but I still work at Target, glad I'm getting hours at least.

Well if you ever decide to make a game store best of luck.

#1097 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'm pretty sure I played this until my fingers bled when I was a kid (not literally).

I did as well. I remember when I got it I thought it would be just like the cartridge on my friend's NES. :(

#1098 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

Video games and board games are the only things I actively look for because I don't really care about anything else. But I of course always keep my eyes open for anything that looks interesting.

#1099 thediorunner

thediorunner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

Cool finds for the weekend:

Pandemic table top game in unopened package for $3. (should flip for roughly $25)

MINT IN PACKAGE HAI KARATE SOAP ON A ROPE!!!!!! $.25

And believe it or not, people still buy this stuff online for $10-15 a package. Imagine that. I bought it as a goof.

Awesome on the Hai Karate. I found a full bottle for $.50 last year after looking for awhile. Been wanting some forever since seeing it at a friend's home years ago.

#1100 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

I buy media (books, CDs, and DVDs) to flip on Amazon. It keeps me busy enough that I tend to shy away from other items. I like the quick and easy listing process on Amazon. I should do more ebaying but I just never get to it.

I do buy a few board games (esp. if sealed) and I dabble in other items.

#1101 yoyo1316

yoyo1316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Vintage video games in my neighborhood is very rare to find but I do find xbox 360s and ps3 games marked as eBay prices. I usually look for anything like vintage radio (ghetto blaster), legos (if they are complete), Disney items (decorating my cubicle for work :) ), baby items (if you can get it cheap an in good comdition, you can flip easily) and anything I can flip for profit. A smartphone will be very useful.

#1102 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

It's been awhile since I've posted any finds. This season hasn't been good yet for video game finds (but I have lucked out on some audio equipment and keyboards).

Posted Image

I got everything left of the game boy for $10. I had just gotten done backtracking to pick something up for a friend and as I pulled up to the yard sale I see someone walk out of the house with a sega saturn. After asking if it was for sale, I found out I wasn't asking the seller, it was an interested buyer...
The guy ended up getting a saturn, a stack of games (which included Clockwork Knight, & Sega Ages), an N64 and a couple games and some other things for $30! I bit my tongue and didn't say anything to the folks running the yard sale, as that happened to me once and I wasn't happy about it.
Anyway, I was pumped for Brave Fencer Musashi, it's good to finally be able to play it! Digimon Rumble Arena 2 was $2. The Miracle Keyboard is ALMOST complete. It was missing the game cart (which I already had) and the cable that goes from the keyboard to the NES. Offered $10 and they accepted. Was really looking forward to trying it out... I'll have to try to make a cable for it (definitely not spending $35+ to buy one)
Even more people have been asking for video games this year. And last year I was one of the few people in my area asking for records, but that has drastically changed this year. I'll get a few jackpots before the season is over!

#1103 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Missed out on an Epic n64 lot , manged to pick up an Epic Genesis lot.

The guy said he had a lot of games earlier, but someone bought them. I know it was one of my enemies/resellers because they left the Genny with some good games. I didn't ask what was in the n64 lot, but based on what I got, he probably had 20-30 games complete with boxes and sold it for $15.

I think my lot is pretty nice though for $15. Probably my best find this year. Pics to come...

#1104 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Posted Image

NASCAR 2011 The Game and the Xbox 360 speed wheel for $30 total. Time to troll some rednecks online XD.

Posted Image

$15. Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia racing wheel

Posted Image

$4. Nerf Longshot CS 6

#1105 zlatour

zlatour

Shredaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

The guy ended up getting a saturn, a stack of games (which included Clockwork Knight, & Sega Ages), an N64 and a couple games and some other things for $30! I bit my tongue and didn't say anything to the folks running the yard sale, as that happened to me once and I wasn't happy about it.

WTF would you have said to them?! Don't tell me you were gonna try to ruin this guy's good luck because you got there later...

#1106 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

^ I know right, dude got a bunch of stuff for $10 , he bit his tongue for himself I guess.

#1107 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

The point is I wasn't going to , and didn't, say anything. Someone last year said something to a seller as I was going to buy something, and neither of us ended up with the stuff.

#1108 zlatour

zlatour

Shredaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

The point is I wasn't going to , and didn't, say anything. Someone last year said something to a seller as I was going to buy something, and neither of us ended up with the stuff.

Then why did you even mention it in your story? You made yourself look like a fucking asshole by saying that.

#1109 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

I don't understand what you would have said anyway? That is a fair price for that stuff at a yard sale. I probably would have offered even less. I bought a saturn with a stack of games, all in the box (even the console) for $20....are they really worth that much? I know the n64 isn't worth anything

#1110 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

I don't understand what you would have said anyway? That is a fair price for that stuff at a yard sale. I probably would have offered even less. I bought a saturn with a stack of games, all in the box (even the console) for $20....are they really worth that much? I know the n64 isn't worth anything

He could've tried starting a bidwar or "backdooring" the lots if the deal wasn't finalized. The trouble with such a tactic (besides being morally questionable) is that the seller might now think they have a gold mine, which likely would sour the chances of anyone getting a good deal.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...