Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#1111 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

Missed out on an Epic n64 lot , manged to pick up an Epic Genesis lot.

The guy said he had a lot of games earlier, but someone bought them. I know it was one of my enemies/resellers because they left the Genny with some good games. I didn't ask what was in the n64 lot, but based on what I got, he probably had 20-30 games complete with boxes and sold it for $15.

I think my lot is pretty nice though for $15. Probably my best find this year. Pics to come...

oh man yeah I hate missing out on stuff to resellers, don't mind as much if its some other guy collecting like me. Its like people who line up to buy tickets or new game consoles with the sole intent of reselling, takes away from those who really want it.

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#1112 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

It's not really an issue is it? Just wanted to share some finds. Good luck to everyone this week.

#1113 Mr Snarp Snarps

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I don't have any pics for my finds but among them was a sealed copy of NBA Live 2001. Like most sports games NBA live 2001 is worth its weight in dirt but I can't find a copy of it on Amazon or a new copy of it. Do you guy think it's worth more than $5?

#1114 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

oh man yeah I hate missing out on stuff to resellers, don't mind as much if its some other guy collecting like me. Its like people who line up to buy tickets or new game consoles with the sole intent of reselling, takes away from those who really want it.

Seriously dude, everyone is a reseller. You keep every single thing you buy? So you resell it then, right.

Wanting something to keep for yourself is just as selfish as buying something with the sole intent to resell it.

#1115 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Seriously dude, everyone is a reseller. You keep every single thing you buy? So you resell it then, right.

Wanting something to keep for yourself is just as selfish as buying something with the sole intent to resell it.

there are two kinds of resellers:

1. video game collectors who buy and resell games for a fair price because we actually know what they're worth

2. flea market, or "scumbag" resellers who are usually 65 year old obese men with overalls who do things like lowball the crap out of people for their collections, lie to them and tell them their games aren't really worth anything, then proceed to sell games like Mario/Duck Hunt for $20 and absolutely refuse to come down on price. Then most of the games sit there and rot in the sun while people who actually appreciate them will never get their hands on them. They demand ebay prices but they do none of the work that ebay requires. Eventually they realize they will never sell them and they just pawn the entire lot off to some other reseller and the cycle continues

I think most of the time when referring to resellers, we are talking about the second type

#1116 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

I could say the scumbags are the collector's who buy and hoard games for selfish reason.
You can't point the finger at a reseller if you are a collector.

Who cares about price, who is more selfish a reseller who provides a product for people or a collector who hoards games for themselves.

My point is both parties are equally selfish.

#1117 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

$9 for everything! All the games are complete! No receivers for the Wavebird controllers sadly. I asked the person running the sale if they could have their son contact me if he ever finds the receivers.
Posted Image

$7 new.
Posted Image

$3. No drum pedal or sticks though.
Posted Image

#1118 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

$9 for everything! All the games are complete! No receivers for the Wavebird controllers sadly. I asked the person running the sale if they could have their son contact me if he ever finds the receivers.
Posted Image

$7 new.
Posted Image

$3. No drum pedal or sticks though.
Posted Image

Wow congrats I am in search of a similar GC deal!

#1119 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

there are two kinds of resellers:

1. video game collectors who buy and resell games for a fair price because we actually know what they're worth

2. flea market, or "scumbag" resellers who are usually 65 year old obese men with overalls who do things like lowball the crap out of people for their collections, lie to them and tell them their games aren't really worth anything, then proceed to sell games like Mario/Duck Hunt for $20 and absolutely refuse to come down on price. Then most of the games sit there and rot in the sun while people who actually appreciate them will never get their hands on them. They demand ebay prices but they do none of the work that ebay requires. Eventually they realize they will never sell them and they just pawn the entire lot off to some other reseller and the cycle continues

I think most of the time when referring to resellers, we are talking about the second type

I think Im type 1?
Buy what I can and resell, keep the occasional game for myself. Sell things on ebay for the average ebay prices.
I pretty much treat it like a small part time job.

#1120 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I could say the scumbags are the collector's who buy and hoard games for selfish reason.
You can't point the finger at a reseller if you are a collector.

Who cares about price, who is more selfish a reseller who provides a product for people or a collector who hoards games for themselves.

My point is both parties are equally selfish.

You are completely right, and I applaud you. Somebody finally "gets it".

#1121 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

Pretty darn good find today, but paid much more than the norm

$55
GBA/GBC games almost all complete (couple missing manuals)
Golden Sun
Golden Sun lost age
Sword of Mana (with Guide)
Harvest Moon Friends
Dragon Warrior III
Megaman 2
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2
Pokemon Ruby
Mario Luigi Super Saga
FF I & II
Tactics Ogre
BOF III (cartridge only)
Bomberman Tournament (cartridge only)
SNES Batman Robin
N64 Kirby
N64 Paper Mario (with Guide)
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1122 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

It always sucks hearing someone beat you to a sale, regardless if they plan to keep them or resell them. It is frustrating hearing "someone bought all the games" a few times in a row though, especially when you show up 10-15 minutes early to a sale and some devout yard saler was there an hour and a half earlier than you and bought them all. I don't care if it was a collector who needed to fill a few holes in his collection or a reseller who would overprice them on ebay, I'm still going to curse and then head to the next sale.

#1123 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hmm judging from your somewhat angry posts you are a reseller?

The only thing I have resold is a N64 with a few games but that's because when I went to buy a N64 at a yard sale he actually included 2 systems and like 10 games so just sold it off to cover the cost. I don't go out and actively look for things to resell. How is buying things for myself selfish? Am I selfish for buying my Xbox 360 at launch because I never intended to sell it and kept it for myself? To tell you the truth I pass up on tons of systems/games because I just don't need/want them, I only buy what i want not what I can resell.

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#1124 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

The fiance hit a few yardsales this morning on her way from work and pickings were pretty slim, from what she told me. However, she had one awesome find: Spawn, Issues 1-?? (I'm guessing at least 100), in polybags with card backing for $5. Not sure if they're even worth anything anymore, but at ~$.05/ea, I'm happy.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1125 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

The fiance hit a few yardsales this morning on her way from work and pickings were pretty slim, from what she told me. However, she had one awesome find: Spawn, Issues 1-?? (I'm guessing at least 100), in polybags with card backing for $5. Not sure if they're even worth anything anymore, but at ~$.05/ea, I'm happy.

Most of them aren't worth a damn anymore, but you could make a good profit if you actually found someone willing to buy. Regardless of value, I would've loved stumbling upon a lot like that. I've got quite a few blank spots in my pre-100 collection, but it's not really something I'm willing to spend a lot of money on anymore.

#1126 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

1,2,8 Alan Moore,9 1st angela, Cog, Medieval Spawn (can't be reprinted due to dispute with Gaiman), 11 Frank Miller, 18,21 both low print run.

Not necessarily worth much, but these are keys.

----
Actually I just checked and issue 9 as I always thought it was undervalued and apparently it has been reprinted, so the dispute must be settled. Still a key issue though.

#1127 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yeh comics don't go for much. I found one of those plastic containers full of comics at a yardsale once. Had a bunch of JLA which I like to read. They wanted something like $80. I passed and just checked out the graphic novel's at a library. Comics take up too much run anyways. And half the issue is advertisements.

#1128 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

I went through them really quick and the count is:

1 - 113, minus 10, 11, 12, 18, 19, 22 and 57. Also included is 153-155, 157-160. Others are Spawn Bible 1 and Blood and Shadows. All are non-UPC.

Also tucked in the box were GAG: Generally Annoyin' Goofballs (?) #1 and #2. Two copies of #1, one autographed.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1129 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:23 AM

I went through them really quick and the count is:

1 - 113, minus 10, 11, 12, 18, 19, 22 and 57. Also included is 153-155, 157-160. Others are Spawn Bible 1 and Blood and Shadows. All are non-UPC.

Also tucked in the box were GAG: Generally Annoyin' Goofballs (?) #1 and #2. Two copies of #1, one autographed.

Spawn Bible isn't worth much, but it is hard to find. I don't think I actually have it. McFarlane rarely autographed stuff in the past, I don't know if that has changed in recent years, but that is a great book to have.

#1130 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

McFarlane has signed plenty of stuff; he's just one of those guys who thinks his signature should be worth a good amount of money and I don't think too many people are keen on forking over the cash. Just recently, a statue came out with a $40 premium if you wanted it signed. He literally made an additional $12,000 that week just for signing his name 300 times. If only I could get $40 for my signed copy of Spawn #12...

Anyway, I have to admit that GAG doesn't sound familiar to me at all. That's not McFarlane-related, is it? Seems like I would know what it is (or be able to find anything about it online).

1,2,8 Alan Moore,9 1st angela, Cog, Medieval Spawn (can't be reprinted due to dispute with Gaiman), 11 Frank Miller, 18,21 both low print run.

Not necessarily worth much, but these are keys.

----
Actually I just checked and issue 9 as I always thought it was undervalued and apparently it has been reprinted, so the dispute must be settled. Still a key issue though.

Don't forget #10 (which he is missing). That's the Cerebus crossover written by Dave Sim. It's not really relevant to the overall Spawn story, but it's considered one of (if not the) most important and controversial issues in the series. That sucker didn't get reprinted until 15 years later. It's not really worth much more than the average Spawn comic, but I'm certainly glad to have it.

And yes, the legal dispute between McFarlane and Gaiman has been settled. I doubt those issues will be reprinted again anytime soon, but it is legal to do so.

#1131 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Welp no sales for me today. Car won't start.

#1132 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Welp no sales for me today. Car won't start.

That sucks dude. Good luck with it.

I'm stuck at home waiting for a guy to come clean the dryer vent. :(

#1133 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

I recently sold a lot of 11 Spawn comics on eBay (various issues between 16-31 and the Books of Souls) for ~$20, so I'm sure you could turn a nice profit if you sold off the entire lot.
Posted Image

#1134 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Parents asked if I wanted to go with them today so of course I said yes since I havent been out yet this summer. 13 sales and the only games were some $10 apiece Xbox 1 games, nothing I wanted or could flip.

My mom bought a cast iron piggy bank for $1 cus there was change inside. Dad opened up the bottom when we got back and there was $1.05 in change and a $20 bill inside.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1135 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

That sucks dude. Good luck with it.

I'm stuck at home waiting for a guy to come clean the dryer vent. :(

Dryer vent? As in the one on the dryer itself? A Shop-Vac and/or a dryer vent brush($10 at Lowe's) would solve that problem and let you do it yourself.

Parents asked if I wanted to go with them today so of course I said yes since I havent been out yet this summer. 13 sales and the only games were some $10 apiece Xbox 1 games, nothing I wanted or could flip.

My mom bought a cast iron piggy bank for $1 cus there was change inside. Dad opened up the bottom when we got back and there was $1.05 in change and a $20 bill inside.

:lol::applause:So he made a $20.05 profit by buying it. That's funny. I know if I were selling anything at a yard sale, I'd check every pocket, nook and cranny just to make sure I didn't leave money or something valuable in, on, under or around the things.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1136 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Dryer vent? As in the one on the dryer itself? A Shop-Vac and/or a dryer vent brush($10 at Lowe's) would solve that problem and let you do it yourself.

Nah, I'm renting a condo right now and there is about 25 feet of duct between the dryer and the outside wall. The landlord has to pay to get it cleaned every two years.

#1137 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Ahhh. I think we have about 10-15 feet between our dryer and the outside wall.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1138 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

:lol::applause:So he made a $20.05 profit by buying it. That's funny. I know if I were selling anything at a yard sale, I'd check every pocket, nook and cranny just to make sure I didn't leave money or something valuable in, on, under or around the things.:razz:

In the past month I've read two articles about people losing/finding diamond rings in pants at the GoodWill.

Moral of the story: Americans are dumb, check dem pockets/piggy banks.

#1139 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hit a sale this morning and saw an atari 2600 box. Sadly just the box. Passed as I don't have the system.
www.vg-force.com

#1140 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

We have found money in the pockets of clothing bought at yard sales more than once!