Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#1771 BHitmanW20

BHitmanW20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

I'm guessing zero but what kind of case is it in . . . could be nice replacement case :-)

That's my guess too. The case is flat, looks similar to the cover of DC2 but says "Not For Sale" and advertises a coupon for $5 off inside.

#1772 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

I'm guessing zero but what kind of case is it in . . . could be nice replacement case :-)

That's my guess too. The case is flat, looks similar to the cover of DC2 but says "Not For Sale" and advertises a coupon for $5 off inside.

Not necessarily. I have a squaresoft demo that used to pull some decent sales.

#1773 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

Funny, just as I was reading this I remembered that I used to include demo discs sometimes when I sold games and I reached over to a shelf and sure enough there was the Dark Cloud demo . . . mine is open but has the wrap on it with a mailing label on the back.

The coupon is the real trip . . . good until 2003 and only at Circuit City . . .
Posted Image

Which takes me back to my real introduction to CAG . . . the great Circuit City $5 clearance sale in July 2004 . . . Fuck I scored big at that one.

#1774 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

i found a shadow of the colossus demo disc sealed about a month back, and surprisingly saw one sell for 29.99 on ebay. Of course it was only one copy, but still nice to see, especially since I bought it for only 1 dollar.

Edited by robwhois, 20 August 2012 - 03:32 AM.
added text

#1775 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Since you all are mentioning Dark Cloud. I so would like to see those PS2 games given the HD treatment like Shadow the Colossus and ICO did.

#1776 BHitmanW20

BHitmanW20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Funny, just as I was reading this I remembered that I used to include demo discs sometimes when I sold games and I reached over to a shelf and sure enough there was the Dark Cloud demo . . . mine is open but has the wrap on it with a mailing label on the back.

The coupon is the real trip . . . good until 2003 and only at Circuit City . . .
Posted Image

Which takes me back to my real introduction to CAG . . . the great Circuit City $5 clearance sale in July 2004 . . . Fuck I scored big at that one.

That's the one I picked up yesterday :)

#1777 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

grabbed this for $40:
Posted Image

and this for $10:
Posted Image

#1778 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Nice finds.. thats a lot of controllers!

#1779 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

Nice finds.. thats a lot of controllers!

i know. it is crazy. 8 of the 9 are legit (official) xbox controllers.

#1780 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Posted Image

I got this for $8. I've been looking for it, since I got the second volume for cheap a while back.

Unfortunately, I haven't had many good finds this year. It's been pretty dry in this area for game and other good stuff. I did manage to find a Logitech Harmony 880 and a pair of Bose Triport headphones for cheap.
http://minus.com/l1p8rdXIXinOe

#1781 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Since you all are mentioning Dark Cloud. I so would like to see those PS2 games given the HD treatment like Shadow the Colossus and ICO did.

Right there with you! Dark Cloud is one of my favorite games. I can still hear the music.

#1782 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

So I was holding off posting this until I could add pictures, but my girlfriend broke my laptop so that may not be for awhile so here we go.

After an aggravating yard sale day saturday where rain in the morning made everyone cancel, I was driving to the flea market I set up at every week and stumbled on someone setting up their yard sale on the way there. Even though I was in a rush because spots at the flea market are first come first serve I stopped figuring I didnt get any yard sale action Saturday so a couple of minutes trying to get stuff wouldn't kill me.

So I talked to the guy, he ended up asking if there was anything I was looking for and I rattled off my list one of the things of course being video games. So he goes "Oh I have a box of Playstation 2 games I got at a yard sale but none of them work, I was just gonna throw them away but you can flip through in case you can do anything with them"

So of course I tell him I'll have a look and he brings out a milk crate of Xbox and Xbox 360 games. He said he paid $40 for the box and tried them all in his PS2 but they didn't work so he'd sell them for 25 cents each. There were 24 games so I handed him the $8 and went off on my merry way. What was in the box?

Star Wars KOTOR (PH)
Stat Wars KOTOR II x 2
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2
Conker Live and Reloaded
Halo
Halo 2 LE
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Dead or Alive 4
Then the other 12 were cheap commons like Burnout, Soul Calibur II, etc. I also got a few Bronze Age Batman comics from him, and a 3rd edition of The Killing Joke graphic novel.

#1783 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

24 games at 25 cents each and you paid $8? Ripped off!

#1784 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

I got comics too :-P

#1785 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

My Xbox and Xbox 360 games don't work in my PS2. I shouldn't ask questions and just sell it. :lol:

That's amazing man! Good find I guess!

#1786 Jnova80

Jnova80

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Wow! That is incredible!

#1787 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

So I
he brings out a milk crate of Xbox and Xbox 360 games. He said he paid $40 for the box and tried them all in his PS2 but they didn't work so he'd sell them for 25 cents each.

Square peg, round hole..... I think it will fit!

Edited by Invicta 61, 22 August 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1788 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

Plus you can do anything you like if you don't give a Fuck about anybody but yourself :-)

Thats me!

Posted Image

Anyfart..... I found a 3DO of all things out in the middle of nowhere! It had a few crappy games with it, its the Goldstar model. I am debating keeping it or selling it, Its worth a little over $100 and the only game that looks half-way decent for it is the Street Fighter 2 game, plus I'd rather have the Panasonic model for my own collection. I paid $20 which I guess is a decent deal since I don't have one yet....the same person also had a ton of atari and intellivision games for 50 cents each so I just picked out the ones I didn't already have. After I got home and looked them up I saw that Fathom for Intellivison was in there and it is apparently one of the hardest to find Intellivison games. I guess that was my "karma" for the fake sale :lol:! But hey I've already been the victim of tons of fake sales so aren't I just evening things out?

#1789 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

My pick ups this week.

FOR FREE- Xbox 360 Rock Band 1 drum set( no pedal or sticks ), 2 Xbox 360 guitar hero guitars( the GH2 guitar and the Les Paul guitar ). Also got a PS3 guitar. Owner told me he didn't know if they work. Tested them out- they all work :D

For $30- Gamecube games- a Spongebob game, Yugioh The Falsebound Kingdom, Metroid Prime 1/2, Super Monkey Ball, Star Fox Assault, and BeyBlade VForce. All of the games are complete.

#1790 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Crows you have the logic of a retarded ape.

@Ferrari I see those damn things at every other garage sale.

Usually goes like this

Me: "Do you have any video games?"
Seller:"No we sold them all already, but we do have the guitar and drumset from guitar hero."

#1791 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I bought a set of lawn darts today (maybe pic later) with metal tips.

Now, where do I sell them? Slowdive . . . any ideas?

#1792 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

yeah, I would like to know also... but in the meantime... play with them!
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1793 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Found a full set of metal lawn darts with hoops last year for $3. It's BS they were outlawed in the first place; if some kid wants to throw them in the air and try to catch them that's just Darwin at work. When I was young society wasn't afraid to let the herd thin itself out, now kids are required to wear a helmet when they piss. Know what myself and the other neighborhood kids would do when we were bored? We would have rock fights.

/get off my lawn.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1794 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Almost no sales listed in my area this week... Still going out but its strange, its supposed to be beautiful out.
www.vg-force.com

#1795 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

I ended up trading my set of jarts for an ipod and some wii games. I didn't want to sell them because of the ban.

#1796 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

I ended up trading my set of jarts for an ipod and some wii games. I didn't want to sell them because of the ban.

Are they are really worth that much? I bought a set at Goodwill for a couple bucks a while back. Too bad no box or anything, but it had the jarts and hoops. Fun game I must admit.

631840.png

#1797 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

I had a case of the super-rare "phone number obtained from a yard sale panning out into something" last week. Snagged myself an NES Console, SNES Console and 32 games for $150. It was a bit more than I would like to pay, but the value was there: 10 Games CIB, some near mint, manuals, and etc. Highlights include:

Castlevania 4
Contra 3 w/ manual
Lolo 2 w/ manual
Contra
Super C
Earthworm Jim CIB
Gradius 3 CIB
Mickey Mania CIB

A few of the CIBs were sports / commons (like an Othello I might as well keep) but still I'd conservatively value the lot at around $340.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1798 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

I still have mine. I believe they are illegal to resell.

I had my find of the year today...but that doesn't mean much as it has been a crap year for me.

#1799 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

Are they are really worth that much? I bought a set at Goodwill for a couple bucks a while back. Too bad no box or anything, but it had the jarts and hoops. Fun game I must admit.

To the right person, yes. If you risk selling them on ebay they go for 80 to 100 but get cancelled almost immediately.

#1800 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

I still have mine. I believe they are illegal to resell.

I had my find of the year today...but that doesn't mean much as it has been a crap year for me.

is it worth posting? or at least mentioning?