Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#1861 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

List them as "box only" and in the listing state that this is just for the BOX ONLY for collectors, that you aren't allowed to include the darts according the ebay rules. Then people will message you asking to buy it with the darts.

Granted, that's if you have the box...

Excellent suggestion!

I started to clean them (just dish soap and a paper towel) and realized I should do a before:
Posted Image
Cleaning helped a little:
Posted Image
The shafts would need some work . . . here's the back and instructions:
Posted Image

May cause fatal injuries . . . yeah! Sorry, in advance, about the following rant but . . .

I love the fact that they were made in Ohio . . . this is before the working-class was completely sold out by the capitalist class. Oh that's right, they're the "job creators" . . . who need even bigger tax cuts so they can invest more money in creating jobs (overseas of course). What a joke! The effective tax rates on the wealthy were double what they are now at the time that these darts were made . . . right here in the US. And the average wealthy person had to be "satisfied" earning 10 times what the average worker earned . . . not the 1000 times that they do today. And, we might elect one of their ranks as president?

#1862 CRAZY93NiS

CRAZY93NiS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

first find

nintendo ds lite w/ 2 games & case - $10, they had two games showing on the out of the game, grabbed it and asked how much, they probably thought it was just the two games and the case. bought it quickly. was scratch on ds lite but it didnt effect gameplay
they had a gba for $10 but i passed on it

Posted Image

next find
fat ps2, all hook ups, no controller
ps1 games -
street fghter ex2 plus
road rash 3d
dexters lap
spyro 2
oddworld
the simpsons wrestling

$12

Posted Image

my cousin's find from same yard sale
2 gaming rocker chairs - 5 ea

next find from different house

battlearena toshiden 2 long box
turok 2
n64 game shark
sealed madcatz gamecube controller

free - these were $4, since my cousin was buying some chairs and funiture, they threw it in for free

Posted Image

mario golf, mario kart 64, zelda majro's mask $3 ea
Posted Image

This was lot was $5
Posted Image

M.A.S.H vodka distiller - $2.99
Posted Image

This was lot was $5
Posted Image

#1863 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

the game is impossible without cheating and even with it, i couldnt figure out how to beat it. final boss is crazy

To be honest, I didn't even come close to getting that far. I couldn't last more than a couple of levels. But that reminds me of Bio Freaks...I don't know how it's possible for anyone to beat the final boss in that game without a GameShark. Even with one, I thought it was a pain in the ass.

#1864 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

To be honest, I didn't even come close to getting that far. I couldn't last more than a couple of levels. But that reminds me of Bio Freaks...I don't know how it's possible for anyone to beat the final boss in that game without a GameShark. Even with one, I thought it was a pain in the ass.

I own that game! I haven't played it in 10 years or so.

I my get the Xena game if I can find some tradeables for it.

Edited by burritoman, 28 August 2012 - 12:09 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

#1865 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

6-2-12 finds, yeah that's right. I told you I am behind!

Dang it, I just bought that gamecube gameboy player disc for like $23 shipped, would have rather got it from a forum member.

#1866 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Dang it, I just bought that gamecube gameboy player disc for like $23 shipped, would have rather got it from a forum member.

You got a good deal. I used sell them for $35-$40 on ebay ;).

Forum member trades are always difficult since people see what I pay for stuff.

#1867 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Can't believe they're worth that much. I guess it's one of those things where you either need it or you don't. Same with Wavebird receivers.

The game boy player is a must-have accessory IMO.
76561197996844513.png

#1868 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

I was lucky enough to pick one up at GameStop for $5 a few months back. Thankfully we don't have a lot serious gamers around here, so I was able to snag the only one in town.

#1869 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

My Gameboy Player Disc is actually valuable? Thanks for the info guys! I'm glad my family didn't throw it out then.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1870 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

I was lucky enough to pick one up at GameStop for $5 a few months back. Thankfully we don't have a lot serious gamers around here, so I was able to snag the only one in town.

Wha? They dropped to $5? I bought a few GBP when they were $10.

My Gameboy Player Disc is actually valuable? Thanks for the info guys! I'm glad my family didn't throw it out then.

Yeah, you need it to play the games. It spins in the GC.

*I should clarify, I would sell complete GBP for $35-$40, now they seem to sell closer to $50

Edited by slowdive21, 28 August 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#1871 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

I sold a gameboy player startup disc for $30, and the accessory for $20 awhile back.

#1872 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Lol. I know what the Gameboy Player is. :P

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1873 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Wha? They dropped to $5? I bought a few GBP when they were $10.

Sorry, I guess I remembered that incorrectly...I just looked up the old thread about it and they were indeed $10. Still a damn good deal, though.

#1874 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

M.A.S.H vodka distiller - $2.99
Posted Image

Thanks for posting the extra stuff . . . I love the MASH bottle!

This is most of my CD lot from Sat.
Posted Image
It's mostly 50s and 60s rock--some OOP releases. 140ish CDs with listing value (on Amazon) around
$1,300. They range from $4-$50 in value. Paid $120.

I don't think I'll ever have a videogame find of this magnitude but I can do this with from time to time with CDs or DVDs.

Edited by schultzed, 29 August 2012 - 02:50 AM.

#1875 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

Crows you have the logic of a retarded ape.

does this mean you are no longer ignoring me?

Doesn't matter anyways I have to ignore since you can't seem to read.

:lol::lol:

#1876 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

This is most of my CD lot from Sat.
Posted Image
It's mostly 50s and 60s rock--some OOP releases. 140ish CDs with listing value (on Amazon) around

I don't think I'll ever have a videogame find of this magnitude but I can do this with from time to time with CDs or DVDs.

Who owns these types of CDs anyhow--older people, out of work college professors? I've found some sizable collections from ex-radio DJs before, but it was all 50 cents each to wherehouse.com flips, nothing on the level of what you find.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1877 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

how do you know what is worth it, i have foudn alot of collections like this and have passed as they look like cheap collections.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#1878 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

how do you know what is worth it, i have foudn alot of collections like this and have passed as they look like cheap collections.

same with me, I figure most cds are pretty worthless nowadays, guess I have to start looking up some cd prices :)

#1879 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

I have a tool for looking up prices :-) I won't go into details but you can PM me if you want to converse.

Actually, I could've played the whole thing better . . . and in hindsight I would do it differently.

There was supposed to be a neighborhood-wide thing but it was 2 houses. The first looked promising because there was a lot of visible technology (but all junk) and I could see some DK bongos. I found a copy of Mario Kart wii and SMB wii and asked . . . guy said "$20" . . . I said for the pair . . . no each :-( He was gonna call the seller and see if he'd take $30 for the pair and I walked over to the other house.

Looked like just another crappy sale until I got in the garage and saw a few bigger boxes of CDs (maybe 500 total). It's true that most CDs are nearly worthless but my heart started beating when I saw Rhino logos (a very good sign) and saw the band names. CDs (and most other media) follow a pretty simple pattern . . . the more popular a title is, the more that are made, the greater the supply . . . eventually the prices collapse. For instance, "Shades of Grey" is a good flip right now . . . used copies sell for $6.99 and they sell witnin an hour. Next year they will be .01.

My mistake, is that there was one other buyer . . . this older woman. As I started pulling titles, she started pulling too . . . I increased her interest. Ultimately, she seemed to think better and put a bunch back . . . it looked like she bought about 20 and left before me. What I should've done is sized it all up . . . waited out the shopper (no one else was interested) and offered $200 for all . . . maybe ending up at $250.

I was in a bit of a hurry (promised I'd be home by 10 am and it was after 9 am) and I bet I missed some value anyway. The lower value ones would probably still trade in fairly well at some store and I would've been better off.

The other thing that happened, is that as a pulled . . . the seller started to box them up for me . . . I would've preferred to review them but she was being nice . . .

#1880 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Who owns these types of CDs anyhow--older people, out of work college professors?

Do you mean retired?

One of the seller's said the magic words . . . "these were my uncle's CDs." He died 2 years ago . . . and I can see that there is no way he would've given these up while living :-) This is the kind of thing that I long for. A dead hoarder :-0

His widow was also there and I complimented her (sincerely) on his taste. This guy loved the music and sought out the unusual. He probably bought 2 a week for years. It was just his thing. Plus, the discs are all minty fresh which will make listing them a breeze (when I can get to it). I'll try to post another pic of some fronts later.

#1881 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

When I die, schultzed will be there getting my stuff for pennies on the dollar...of course he will find me in the pile too.

#1882 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

same with me, I figure most cds are pretty worthless nowadays, guess I have to start looking up some cd prices :)

I usually stick to hard rock and metal; stuff like Led Zep, AC/DC, Tool, Nightwish--you're usually safe paying 50 each for these complete and in nice shape. It's niche enough (yet popular) that most music stores have no problem selling these, and will pay anywhere from $1-4 each depending on the title.

#1883 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

I dunno what is gonna happen to all my stuff when I die, it will probably get thrown out, or else I will die alone in a house a happy hoarder and no one will even know about it, as my only brethren will be my cousins, whom I will likely lose contact with as soon as they are grown and gone, I don't want kids and refuse to have them, especially since my children would just wait for me to die so they could get all my money and stuff as does every other child in my family. This would be fine and all, but I don't think my hypothetical children would care about any of this old stuff anyways, they would probably just get a dumpster and throw it all out. My cousins will probably be old by that time and they won't want to deal with any of it anyways.

#1884 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

SaraAB . . . you always know how to cheer us up ;-)

#1885 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

6-9-12

Good for resale $3 total

Posted Image

Paid $1 each and traded into BB for $10 or so at that time.

Posted Image

paid $3 SEALED :whee:

Posted Image

:bouncy:

#1886 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

does anyone know if the SNES will play a game if there is no controller connected? Im about to pick one up with everything besides a controller and want to test to see if it works

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#1887 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

does anyone know if the SNES will play a game if there is no controller connected? Im about to pick one up with everything besides a controller and want to test to see if it works

Yes, the main menu should pop up. Make sure the pin for the A/C plug in on the back is not loose, that's one of the biggest problems for the SNES.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1888 dynafire

dynafire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

I had meant to post this when I found it, as I was incredibly excited, but never got around to it. I got the Genesis with everything for $5, and the PS2 with games for $10 from the same sale. I probably could have haggled, but I was too excited to do so.

The PS2 lot isn't too spectacular, though I ended up with 3 Crash games, and a disc-only Legend of Legaia which was in a little baggie with a bunch of kids games. Whatever, I'm not complaining.

The Genesis lot is much better though. It's a model 1 with the Power Base Converter accessory which lets it play Master System games. Most of the games are common, but the notables are Shadowrun, Shining Force, Shining Force II, then Streets of Rage, and Golden Axe which are some personal favorites. Also came with 2 6-button controllers, and 2 normal controllers.

Not pictured, but picked up a week earlier is a sealed Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale for $0.50.
Posted Image

#1889 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

I dunno what is gonna happen to all my stuff when I die, it will probably get thrown out, or else I will die alone in a house a happy hoarder and no one will even know about it, as my only brethren will be my cousins, whom I will likely lose contact with as soon as they are grown and gone, I don't want kids and refuse to have them, especially since my children would just wait for me to die so they could get all my money and stuff as does every other child in my family. This would be fine and all, but I don't think my hypothetical children would care about any of this old stuff anyways, they would probably just get a dumpster and throw it all out. My cousins will probably be old by that time and they won't want to deal with any of it anyways.

I've been there with estate management issues--and a saying from a numismatic magazine always struck me as wise, "If you spend ten years accumulating, expect to spend ten years selling." Really the best thing you can do while you're alive is to sell anything you don't use and absolutely love--for one thing that's resources you personally can use, and two there'll be less loss due to inheritors being unable to appraise everything.

Another thing you can do, if you're worried about continuity for things of little monetary value (like books)--find somebody younger who appreciates them and pass along noteworthy selections a little at a time. My older brother did that, and though many of his books had to be chucked when he moved out of state, just about everything I received previous to that remains in my personal library.

#1890 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:00 AM

Posted Image

Got the gamecube and DS game both for $5 (she wanted $7)

The controllers and SNES I bought all thrown together in a box for $3
The woman I bought them from said she buys storage lockers.
She told me if she found more she would facebook me ;) (again, I live in a pretty small town)

Edit: btw the analog sticks on the 64 controllers feel brand new, was extremely surprising. nice and springy
Edit 2: Also got a pair 5 tier pine DVD/CD shelves for $1\ea

Just traded that SNES and a couple dupe games, for a Sega Saturn ;)
Saturn Model 2, 2 controllers, and 6 games and 2 samplers.