Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#1981 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

or you were like me and bought one copy and felt happy about that one copy and didnt need the others because to a kid, having multiple copies of the same thing seems redundant.

Or, your brain says: "there are so many and its so cheap . . . it will never be worth much".

#1982 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

stuff

I love the sig, btw. Named our cats Tweedledee and C-Square.

#1983 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

My only video game buy today and boy was it a good one. Got this for $5 and it's BRAND SPANKING NEW! SEALED!

Looks I'll be able to pay off for most of my Halo 4 LE copy now :D

Edited by Ferrari Racer, 08 September 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#1984 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Granted the sales rank on Amazon makes it look like it would never sell, but still . . .

http://www.amazon.co...tamax SL-HF2000

If I had this baby, I wouldn't let anyone play a tape on it . . . I'd pick up something much cheaper for dear old dad . . . actually, I'd buy him copies of his old Beta tapes on DVD . . .

Actually, here is a better example:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d46f9ded

I don't think your dad really needs this . . . ;)

Geez, that Beta on ebay ened up selling for $699.99! :-o I can't imagine what I'll get for the full setup. I had spoken to him about it and sure enough he had put it in his garage. He asked me about it again today and mentioned it was still in the garage. I'm going to go pick it up here soon. He wants me to convert some of his out of print tapes to DVD with it. After that, it goes up for sale!

Hit some sales this morning since I'm on vacation. Not much, but I do have one find I'm happy with. Post to come.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1985 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Geez, that Beta on ebay ened up selling for $699.99! :-o I can't imagine what I'll get for the full setup. I had spoken to him about it and sure enough he had put it in his garage. He asked me about it again today and mentioned it was still in the garage. I'm going to go pick it up here soon. He wants me to convert some of his out of print tapes to DVD with it. After that, it goes up for sale!

Hit some sales this morning since I'm on vacation. Not much, but I do have one find I'm happy with. Post to come.

You will have to let us know what it sells for after the sale is done! This weekend is looking like a washout for here though so I probably won't get anything, not like I don't have enough to keep me busy anyways!

#1986 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

Hey guys/gals, isn't there a rare sega cable that was for a CD or 32x or something? What does it look like?

#1987 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Hey guys/gals, isn't there a rare sega cable that was for a CD or 32x or something? What does it look like?

Are you talking about this? http://segaretro.org...aPowerStrip.jpg

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1988 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Are you talking about this? http://segaretro.org...aPowerStrip.jpg

No I thought it was a really short connector cable for either a sega CD or 32X or something. It used to sell for like $100 on ebay. I don't think I imagined it. 8-[

#1989 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Spoiler

Not much today, but it's my first yard sale finds in a long time. Complete 1982 Trivial Pursuit with silver screen cards, complete Fable TLC, and sealed School House Rock DVD, all for $8.

I passed up on a few Pokemon games the seller wanted retail prices for.
Posted Image

#1990 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

No I thought it was a really short connector cable for either a sega CD or 32X or something. It used to sell for like $100 on ebay. I don't think I imagined it. 8-[

Maybe this? http://www.whipassga...nd_32x_03_t.jpg

the "pass through" cable ?

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1991 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

I think you are speaking of one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_2244wt_904

Usually when you run across a 32X this cable is missing. They are pretty much impossible to find in the wild, but fortunatley a fellow CAG gave me this link. Apparently they started reproducing them. I think there were two different versions; a model 1 and a model 2. I'm not 100% sure on that since I can't remember what came with mine when I bought it new back in 1995.

One other thing to look out for the 32X came with two different metal adapter plates, one for model 1 and one for model 2, that went over the cartrige imput to prevent the unit from wiggling in the slot. They are not absolutely necessary but if you want a complete setup it is something you want.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1992 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

(I grabbed Knights of the Round for SNES)

Is this game rare/valuable? I might actually have a stroke if it is extremely rare and valuable...

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#1993 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

Is this game rare/valuable? I might actually have a stroke if it is extremely rare and valuable...

not rare. worth $25 or so. CIB would be more (there isn't much data)

#1994 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

well gonna give yard sales another shot, found a community sale ad that advertises "over 500 nes snes n64 gamecube gameboy ds 3ds wii xbox xbox 360 ps1 ps2 ps3 psp" games starting at 25 cents I texted him and says he has around 45 NES/SNES games so gonna give it a shot. Just worried it might be a dealer/reseller as he states they will buy/sell/trade games. Luckily its not far from my place. Wish me luck

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#1995 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Spoiler

Not much today, but it's my first yard sale finds in a long time. Complete 1982 Trivial Pursuit with silver screen cards, complete Fable TLC, and sealed School House Rock DVD, all for $8.

I passed up on a few Pokemon games the seller wanted retail prices for.

Sheesh, it's like that version of Trivial Pursuit is a required item for all sales. I swear, I see it almost every single time I go to a yard sale or thrift store. It's a great game, though...but I think we've already gone through all of the questions.

#1996 dsullo

dsullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

I decided to hit some local garage sales this morning and ended up with a pretty nice haul.

Check out the loot here:

#1997 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Yup just as I feared a dealer with all eBay prices

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#1998 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yup just as I feared a dealer with all eBay prices

sucks, sorry :/

#1999 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Woohoo got something today! Not much but I passed on a dirty ass N64 without cords but had Zelda for $20.

I ended up with
Tomb Raider PS1 Complete
Tomb Raider 2 PS1 Complete
Resident Evil PS1 Complete (original jewel case version)

Passed on a 360 that was sitting in the rain as well as some shitty anime.

Not a bad day, it was raining and there were not many sales going on.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#2000 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

not rare. worth $25 or so. CIB would be more (there isn't much data)

I actually have the box and manual; not sure yet if I'm going to keep it as trade bait or use it to seed a manual lot. SNES paper right now is all over the place; I've been trying to finish off a few common / uncommon manuals and some are hard-to-find at a reasonable price.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#2001 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Today turned out good for me; on the third sale I visited the ad mentioned ps1, ps2, and xbox games. At first I was thinking reseller, so expectations weren't high...but when I arrived on site there were these sparkling jewel cases at $1 each:

Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Crash Team Racing
Dino Crisis
Dino Crisis 2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Medal of Honor
Metal Gear Solid
Namco Museum Vol 1.
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Survivor
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro: Ripto's Rage
Tekken 3
Tenchu Stealth Assassins

Halo 2: Limited Edition (xbox)

Paid $18 for everything here. Just about all the ps1 games have Near Mint discs too *thumbs up*

Now don't go anywhere because this dream has a Part 2 coming up. So my eyes are running over some not too exciting selections; a psOne for $15 and an original xbox for $50. However, the xbox is resting on another box which has camouflage colors, a Capcom logo, and just happens to be a Steel Battalion Controller CIB. The price? $50.

Now I'm paying for my ps1 games, contemplating whether I have room to take on this beast; but considering it has the Steel Battalion game CIB as well.. I offer $40 and we settle on $45.

The guy was even nice enough to give me his phone number in case any cords were missing or it didn't work--and I've got to say it's a joy meeting people like this, the gamer who is looking to pass along his nicely kept things to a good home. And to a home it went; I've got it hooked up in the basement and it works like a champ :D

#2002 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

^^^We have had good luck with Steel Battalion. I never knew it existed until one of us found one. I think that is number 5 or 6 for the yard sale CAG crew.

#2003 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Nice I found Steel Battalion controller and games only about 2 years ago for $40?. I eventually trade it into a local store, but you can easily get $200+ with it being complete

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#2004 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

NES HAUL DAYYYY!!!!!

First sale I went to I said hello to the woman working, and bought lemonade from a little girl (just because I remember being that kid sitting there while everyone walks past you so I figured it was a nice thing to do). I look around and see nothing, then I ask the girls mother if she has any video games. She goes to ask her husband who comes back with an official Nintendo game case with 10 NES games including.

-Tecmo Bowl
-Super C
-Contra X2
-The Adventure of Link
-SMB 2
-SMB 3
-Snakes Revenge
-Super Glove Ball
-SMB/ Duck Hunt

The price.....$10 :D he was hesitant but the woman said I seemed like a nice guy so he gave me the deal. I guess it just goes to show that being polite and all that jazz can yield good results. If I hadn't bought any lemonade maybe he would have walked out with a box of 10 copies of Fuck for SNES 8-)

Second sale I walked into the garage and it instantly started POURING, like apocalypse end of the world kind of storm. I asked about games and the guy went inside to check. He came back with 11 games :D only problem is, the garage wasnt attached to the house so everything got soaked....he cut me a deal because it was all soaked and for $5 I got

-Stinger
-Gotcha!
-Anticipation
-Star Voyager
-Star Force
-Batman
-Little Mermaid
-10 yard fight
-R.B.I Baseball
-The 3 Stooges
-Freedom Force

All in all a great day, and I decided to head home early because of the rain :)

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28451

Edited by Eagle3ye, 13 September 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600

#2005 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

^^^We have had good luck with Steel Battalion. I never knew it existed until one of us found one. I think that is number 5 or 6 for the yard sale CAG crew.

i bought a gorgeous CIB Steel Battalion for $60 from some guy in the Chicago suburbs in 2010. it was the green button first run of the controller. it also included both games and the strategy guides for both games.

#2006 orcafan8

orcafan8

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

So after the duds all season, today was the last community yard sale of the year (where people set up in different booths at the park)

Posted Image
First booth these were mixed in with vhs tapes
$5 total
includes: Street fighter 2, baseball game, castlevania dracula x, stanley cup and battleclash are CIB (i think, what are the rules for this?), SMB 2 box and sleeve only (no cart), Skate or die cart, box and styrofoam, a snes manual, a snes nintendo power poster, and 2 madden manuals.

Posted Image
$5 total
RE 4 CIB
Zelda Windwaker CIB
NFS HP CIB
NBA street vol 2 CIB
Tony Hawk complete, except no disc
2 memory cards, gc brand 251, and the animal crossing one

My mom called me over said the kid have a playstation for $5, for the whole box:
Posted Image
ps1 fat, missing av cable, both controllers have frays, but has manual
Posted Image
a bunch of games
Posted Image
bunch of random stuff, empty game cases, ps2 game manuals, a ps2 cheat book, and a christmas cd?

Posted Image
These were from two different sales
GC memory card $1
GBA power adapter $1
zapper $1.50

lastly not VG related but I found:
Posted Image
JBL Creature $10

and an old bundy clarinet for $5

#2007 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

For sure, it's like I've joined the CAG Steel Battalion club now 8-) It's strange though, the guy even mentioned it being worth $200 but I guess with it being so bulky he just wanted it gone to clear up space.

#2008 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

For sure, it's like I've joined the CAG Steel Battalion club now 8-) It's strange though, the guy even mentioned it being worth $200 but I guess with it being so bulky he just wanted it gone to clear up space.

Welcome to the club! For anyone who wants to relieve past events...

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1293

#2009 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Went out and didnt find a single thing of interest, not even clothes for the kids.
If its free, its for me!!

#2010 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

castlevania dracula x

Fuck . . . my finds seem like crap after hearing about a Dracula X and CIB Steel Battalion . . .