2495 replies to this topic

#2071 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

all of this for $20

Posted Image

if i was to sell the psp and all the games/movies except ff as a bundle what would i be able to get for it(psp has a cracked screen but has everything in the box)

cracked screen old model psp bundle? ask $20 and be happy...
and I would just keep the box for hopefully finding a non cracked one in the future...
just my 2 cents, hope you get more
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#2072 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Nice ipads are still like 200 to be the first one, I personally would have gotten rid of it but then again I hate apple products after we had to use apple laptops in highschool >.>

It's the iPad 2, so I lucked out on that too. But yeah, I wasn't really intending on keeping it since I was just going to flip it broken, but I needed a tablet anyways, so what the hell. :P

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#2073 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

I know you can trade iPods for 10% off a new iPod at the apple store, if someone finds a $5 or less iPod then that could make for decent money off a new one depending on what you were buying. This works for broken iPods too and I think it can be any version of iPod.

Also if they are still under warranty apple will replace for free so always check that out too.

I got 2 really beat up GBA SP's today for $5 and 3 mediocre games but one of them is looking pretty good and is in working condition so I think I can still sell it for a bit. The other I will send to my friend to use as parts for one I sent him a while ago.

#2074 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

:whee:

Alright, so let me preface by saying this sale had advertised 'Over 200+ PS2 Games, some sports games!'. Judging by that, I wasn't expecting much, but I haven't had much luck (or time) this year and figured I'd start where at least they had advertised games. This location was about 20 minutes from my house and I also had to work all day, so I showed up at about 7:00 am to a 7:00 am sale since I didn't have much time.

Immediately, the lady is very friendly and says that she didn't have hardly anyone show up for Friday's sale (this place was a little off the beaten path) so today was her 'give-a-way day'. DVDs were 3 for $1. Things were looking up.

I navigate to the PS2 games and see some good rpgs in there and ask her how much the games are. She's like 'Oh, how about $1 each?'. Then mentions there is whole bout 30 gallon tupperware full of other PS2 games over here (which were really PS1 games). I navigate over and notice right off the bat there is FF Anthology and Tactics sitting on top.

So adrenaline kicks in - I say, how much for the whole lot? Trying to appear not too anxious, I say I collect games and I noticed a few in there that I didn't have.

She proposes $75. I counter and say it was a little more than I wanted to pay. She asks what would you give. I say $40. She says $50 and we deal.

However, one BIG caveat, she won't let me keep the tupperwares with them. So I'm making trips to my car offloading these games in the trunk, with care, and am trying not to look like a kid on his first date. I'm jumping up and down inside from what I'm seeing.

So all in all $50 bucks for the following lot. However last night, when going through them, I realize most don't have their instruction booklets! :cold: Talk about terrible. I drove over there after church today and left a note in her door to please call me if she comes across them, I'd be happy to pick them up.

I've never uploaded pics before and can't figure it out. See link for the flickr account to see.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

http://www.flickr.co...s/87288150@N03/

Best find of my life. Hopefully she calls and knows where her son stashed the instruction/art books before he moved out. Who does that crap!!!??

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#2075 beard.

beard.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

holy cow. awesome dude! hope you get those manuals.

#2076 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Great find, but highly suspicious.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2077 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

She just called and said she would leave the manuals on the porch for me tomorrow!

I figured I would have a few nonbelievers due to the scale, but I would hope my 5 year tenure here, and being a fairly active member would garner me some goodwill. I dont know how else to prove it other than posting another pic of all the manuals Ill get tomorrow.

#2078 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Insanity.

#2079 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

That is literally the find of a lifetime... man. I really hope I find that someday. Especially since the deal I had for a $50.00 Suikoden 2 on Craigslist last month fell through. My most wanted game by a mile...
www.vg-force.com

#2080 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Sweet Jesus!

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#2081 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

I figured I would have a few nonbelievers due to the scale, but I would hope my 5 year tenure here, and being a fairly active member would garner me some goodwill. I dont know how else to prove it other than posting another pic of all the manuals Ill get tomorrow.

I don't believe you simply for the fact that I'm a jealous douche.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#2082 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

Alright, so let me preface by saying this sale had advertised 'Over 200+ PS2 Games, some sports games!'. Judging by that, I wasn't expecting much, but I haven't had much luck (or time) this year and figured I'd start where at least they had advertised games. This location was about 20 minutes from my house and I also had to work all day, so I showed up at about 7:00 am to a 7:00 am sale since I didn't have much time.

Immediately, the lady is very friendly and says that she didn't have hardly anyone show up for Friday's sale (this place was a little off the beaten path) so today was her 'give-a-way day'. DVDs were 3 for $1. Things were looking up.

I navigate to the PS2 games and see some good rpgs in there and ask her how much the games are. She's like 'Oh, how about $1 each?'. Then mentions there is whole bout 30 gallon tupperware full of other PS2 games over here (which were really PS1 games). I navigate over and notice right off the bat there is FF Anthology and Tactics sitting on top.

So adrenaline kicks in - I say, how much for the whole lot? Trying to appear not too anxious, I say I collect games and I noticed a few in there that I didn't have.

She proposes $75. I counter and say it was a little more than I wanted to pay. She asks what would you give. I say $40. She says $50 and we deal.

However, one BIG caveat, she won't let me keep the tupperwares with them. So I'm making trips to my car offloading these games in the trunk, with care, and am trying not to look like a kid on his first date. I'm jumping up and down inside from what I'm seeing.

So all in all $50 bucks for the following lot. However last night, when going through them, I realize most don't have their instruction booklets! :cold: Talk about terrible. I drove over there after church today and left a note in her door to please call me if she comes across them, I'd be happy to pick them up.

I've never uploaded pics before and can't figure it out. See link for the flickr account to see.

Best find of my life. Hopefully she calls and knows where her son stashed the instruction/art books before he moved out. Who does that crap!!!??

Insanity. I don't see many PS1 games around here anymore, I am guessing people are saving them to play on their PS3 systems. RPG's are a needle in a haystack. You have to wonder who the original owner of this stuff was, they must have spent hundreds or thousands on it all! I don't know about anyone else but I always wonder who the original owner is of the stuff we buy, because its not always the person who is selling the stuff. This is probably find of the year for the yardsale thread.

#2083 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

My god, that has to be the greatest video game garage sale find I've ever seen. I couldn't even imagine how much you could make off that find if you pieced it out one by one. And as some other people have said on here, I also have been looking for Suikoden 2, as it's my favorite rpg of all time. Great deal, even if you paid what they wanted you to, bravo....

#2084 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

somebody is gonnabe pissed when they come home from college. great find
[url=ign.com]

#2085 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

Picked up a PS2 + 2 controllers + cables + memory card + 6 games for $5

#2086 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

My flea market has gotten ridiculous around me, with people selling so much stuff from their shops as if they were a "flea market stand" so it's a lot of eBay prices and no haggling. I normally ignore most stands that have mostly video games anymore since I figure there's nothing worth it. I stopped by one though because a copy of Bully: Scholorship Edition was just sitting there, looking in close to perfect shape. I look around and notice a couple of uncommon games, but mostly stuff I had. Then I saw a copy of NCAA BB 2k8, and I found another bin with last gen games. Found a copy of KOTOR and Phantasy Star Episodes 1 & 2. I wasn't sure what pricing was, so the lady says, 10 for the 360 games, and she'd do 5 a piece for the regualr xbox games. I tried to talk her down and managed 25. I thought about putting back the KOTOR and PS, but then I looked in the case of KOTOR and lo and behold, there was a copy of KOTOR 2. Now granted, it wasn't complete or anything, but for 25 for a few harder to find (and getting harder for me around here) I figured what the hell.

I'm just mad at myself because the inserts were wet(it was early morning and they must have left the bins outside overnight) and ruined the insert for PS, but I'll get over it.

#2087 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

My god, that has to be the greatest video game garage sale find I've ever seen.

Yeah, I hardly see any point in continuing to post my puny "finds."

Fuck, I'd be overjoyed to pay 3 times as much for half of the games :)

#2088 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

I gotta believe!

Could we get a list? I'm dying to get the lowdown on this.

#2089 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

I actually had a similar score a few months ago, although not as big. I found about 15 PS1 RPG's for $1 each. I didn't know anything about them so I figured, they are RPG's, they are probably worth something. I sold them all that same night, I can't even remember what all I got except for Valkyrie Profile which I sold for $85 since that was the most valuable one. I totally forgot to post it here because I don't like RPG's so I wasn't really excited about it (until after I sold them of course!) PS1 seem to be the easiest to find around here

#2090 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

I actually had a similar score a few months ago, although not as big. I found about 15 PS1 RPG's for $1 each. I didn't know anything about them so I figured, they are RPG's, they are probably worth something. I sold them all that same night, I can't even remember what all I got except for Valkyrie Profile which I sold for $85 since that was the most valuable one. I totally forgot to post it here because I don't like RPG's so I wasn't really excited about it (until after I sold them of course!) PS1 seem to be the easiest to find around here

I wish that was the same around here, only ps1 games i usually see are the awful madden games, and sometimes a crash bandicoot or something to that affect, no rpgs here....

#2091 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

She just called and said she would leave the manuals on the porch for me tomorrow!

Well you better be telling the truth, because I'm currently researching your whereabouts so that I can find you, kill you and take your shit.

In all seriousness, though... that's the best find I've seen on this site. Congrats!

#2092 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Saturday morning . . . 2 early pickups:

Couple just setting up . . . asked about videogames and they pulled out this box:
Posted Image
Really looked like a nasty mess . . . tangle of cords--see the broken blue controller.
Asked what they wanted . . . they asked me what I'd pay . . . offered $5 the counter was $10 . . . settled at $7.50
Strange mix . . . crappier games
Posted Image
More games
Posted Image
a few GC titles thrown in . . . there was a GC controller extension but nothing else GC
Posted Image
Cords and controllers . . . 2 NES, 2 Genny, 1 N64 . . . 2 Playstation TV hookups . . . huh?
Posted Image
No hookups for Genny but a power adapter for NES . . . complete N64
Posted Image
Better games . . . like: Streets of Rage 1 and 2, Prince of Persia
Posted Image
I just grabbed this quickly (cuz of the N64) and moved on to other sales but it turned out to have more value than I expected. I wish I had looked around the garage more . . . asked more questions. I suspect there might've been another box . . . where is the GC? More N64 games? NES games? Playstation? . . . but they might've sold them at another sale or its buried in the basement. Still might've been worth an extra few minutes.

Almost missed this box o games in a driveway
Posted Image
Looked like just a bunch of nothing so I pitched $3 for all but paid $4
Later happy to see some value . . . here are the better ones:
Posted Image
For instance, I thought that the Tecmo Super Bowl was just Tecmo Bowl.

Misc from 4 sales:
Posted Image
Paid $1 for both Crash games, $2 for ODST, $2 for Pet shop and $1 for sealed but crushed Drill Dozer

Edited by schultzed, 18 September 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#2093 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't understand the "I don't believe you really got this deal" attitude, do people really LIE about deals that much? And why? Who would do that?

#2094 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I don't understand the "I don't believe you really got this deal" attitude, do people really LIE about deals that much? And why? Who would do that?

I have never lied about a deal, I have no idea why someone would lie about a deal. I don't see much reason to do so other than for bragging rights, and I don't know who would take the time to fabricate a story for this thread just for that sole purpose. We are shopping in the wild here so technically anything is possible, heck some people even give things away for free, I have seen it happen.

#2095 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have never lied about a deal, I have no idea why someone would lie about a deal. I don't see much reason to do so other than for bragging rights, and I don't know who would take the time to fabricate a story for this thread just for that sole purpose. We are shopping in the wild here so technically anything is possible, heck some people even give things away for free, I have seen it happen.

moving out of the dorms freshman year a guy down the hall bought a tv for $20 because someone didnt want to repack their car it was a 300-400 dollar tv

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#2096 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

I gotta believe!

Could we get a list? I'm dying to get the lowdown on this.

I'll post the list tonight. I drove back up there last night around 8 after work, and sure enough every manual was in a nice little tupperware! I'll post a few more pics tonight too.

However, my only fear now is that since she has my number, when sonny boy comes home from college, or rehab, or whereever he's at that his mom can sell this incredible lot without recourse, is that I'll get a call asking to return them to her and she'll give me back my $50. I don't really know what I'd do, considering someone spent a serious amount of time collecting these.

Also, some of them have a very generic 'pre-owned' sticker on them that I can't identify. Not sure if it was just a local store that they were buying them from, but maybe someone can identify that as well.

Schultzed, it'd be hard pressed to say your weekly finds are puny. I NEVER find old school nintendo (NES/SNES) stuff around here. This for me is one out of a million, I think theres a 99.99% chance this will never happen again. However the ps1 rpgs have been good around here, I did find a complete Grandia last year for $1.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#2097 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Saturday morning . . . 2 early pickups:

Almost missed this box o games in a driveway
Posted Image
Looked like just a bunch of nothing so I pitched $3 for all but paid $4
Later happy to see some value . . . here are the better ones:
Posted Image
For instance, I thought that the Tecmo Super Bowl was just Tecmo Bowl.

:applause:

#2098 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Rather than post every week, I figured I would just post one big one for the summer. I did post one crazy deal earlier, and if you missed it I have included it here. I yardsale every week, usually 2 days. I generally don't buy lots anymore, I just cherry pick titles I want/need/don't have. I am leaving out anything that doesn't fall under the banner of video games. If something doesn't have a price, assume it was $1 or less.

Systems:

Newer model (not sure where to find the designation) PSP. With case, charger and NFS: Most Wanted. $25
Most expensive single purchase of the season.

Black DS Lite with charger, Mario Cart, GBA Guitar Hero complete, extra 1st party game case. Also had a PS2 GH controller and a Nerf 6 shot dart gun. $3
Posted this one earleir.

Odyssey 2 w/ 2 controllers, hookups/power supply and the following cartridges: Baseball, K.C. Munchkin, Speedway/Spinout/Crypto-Logic, Out of this World/Helicopter Rescue. $5

Gameboy Color, teal, w/ Spongebob Squarepants and the Lost Spatula $1

Tiger Batman Forever handheld w/ manual .25
Lion King handheld w/ manual .25

GAMES:

Gameboy games:
Super Marioland
Quest: Brians Journey
Final Fantasy Legend 2

GBA games:
Sword of Mana .50
Donkey Kong Country .25
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga .50
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland .25

DS:
Sonic Colors (complete) .50

N64
Mario Party

Gamecube
Kirbys Airride (no book) .50

PS:
Tomb Raider Chronicles .50
Midway Atari collection 2 .50
Alien Trilogy (greatest hits)
Pandemonium 2 .50
Panzer General (original longbox)

PS2
Black (disc only) .25
RE4 (steelcase complete) $1
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Jaws Unleashed (most expensive game I bought all summer @ $2. Only did it because I heard it was awful)
Hitman: Contracts
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin

Xbox
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (platinum hits)
Still Life $1.50
Spyhunter (platinum hits)
Spyhunter 2 $1.50
Halo 2
Cabelas Outdoor Adventures
Midtown Madness 3
Steel Battalion
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
Americas Army: Rise of a Soldier.

Wii
Nerf N-Strike Elite
Rayman Raving Rabids
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer

Xbox 360

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $2
Wireless Controller $1

PC
Starship Troopers .25
Doom 3 w/book and expansion .50
Crysis: Warhead .50

#2099 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'll post the list tonight. I drove back up there last night around 8 after work, and sure enough every manual was in a nice little tupperware! I'll post a few more pics tonight too.

However, my only fear now is that since she has my number, when sonny boy comes home from college, or rehab, or whereever he's at that his mom can sell this incredible lot without recourse, is that I'll get a call asking to return them to her and she'll give me back my $50. I don't really know what I'd do, considering someone spent a serious amount of time collecting these.

Also, some of them have a very generic 'pre-owned' sticker on them that I can't identify. Not sure if it was just a local store that they were buying them from, but maybe someone can identify that as well.

Schultzed, it'd be hard pressed to say your weekly finds are puny. I NEVER find old school nintendo (NES/SNES) stuff around here. This for me is one out of a million, I think theres a 99.99% chance this will never happen again. However the ps1 rpgs have been good around here, I did find a complete Grandia last year for $1.

The transaction has been completed and its all said and done so I don't think you have much of a chance of losing the collection. Hopefully its one of those situations where the owner of the games never returns home or stops caring about video games. But I think there is a variety of excuses you could give in this situation, you could tell them you gave some of the games to friends or tell them you sold them to a pawn shop. Basically if that happens just tell the person you are no longer in the possession of the games.

By the looks of the collection it is either a very serious RPG fan or someone who worked at a game store during the PS1 era, I would guess the latter.

Though you have to realize if the original owner of the games cared that much about them he would have taken then with him or if that was not possible he would have left a large note on the boxes NOT to sell these games or told his mother specifically do not touch them for any reason. Yes, parents can turn on a kid but if he took the proper precautions then those games would still be in the basement safe.

Its quite possible especially if the owner formerly worked at a gaming store that he just thought of working at the gaming store while he was in college as another summer job and does not care about games anymore. If its that way I doubt the owner of the games knows anything about the value of them, some people just don't stop to check the value of things they have in their own house on ebay and they don't care either.

#2100 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

I doubt it's anything to do with someone working at a store. Some kid is just gonna be pissed off.