Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#2191 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

It was no go. A guy got there before I did and cherry picked most of the titles. Later found out the Seller was a seller and knew his games, lol. Just didn't feel up to getting the rest. I'm just glad the guy buying the games was a collector and not a reseller.

The Transformers they advertised weren't the ones I liked.

Went to another Garage Sale and the Old Guy literally had three Xboxs he tried selling me. Lol. He had 2 nintendos plus wires and controllers for 25 but I didn't really want.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2192 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

There were barely any advertised sales around here so I slept in. My dad when to a couple by his house a few miles away. He found a green N64 w/games and a Gamecube w/games for $5 each. While he was trying to call me and ask me if I wanted them, someone grabbed 'em up and bought 'em. Looks like I have some competition in the area in the gaming market. :(

Edit: Guess I need to teach him better. I figured he would know by now, although last weekend he thought he did good buying Madden 06 for PS2 for .50 cents. My dad and I try to look out for things that the other likes/collects, it's still a work in progress.

631840.png

#2193 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I went out today and had some good and bad. Lot of places mentioned they had NES, N64, PS2, Gameboy, etc. but were sold. Saw a Wii for 80 and crappy games for 5 bucks each and a regular gameboy for 40 with some crappy games.

Got one of those Norway troll statues for 50 cents for my sister.

One sale there was an old man who bought up some good PS2 games right in front of me (including Mega Man X collection). He bought everything good and left behind the crap. Next sale I went to the same old man pulled out about 80 kids DVDs (TMNT, Disney, 80's cartoons like He-man). Refused to pay more than 45 for it guy said he wouldn't do it for less than 50. Guy started to do that I'm gonna walk away thing so I offered the guy the 50 bucks for it. Included Beauty and the Beast, Winnie the Pooh and a bunch of others so I can definitely make my money back just selling like 10 to 15 of them.

At that same sale I poked around and the guy had a lot of awesome comic books, memorabilia and stuff like that. Ended up buying Sonic & Knuckles, Kings Quest VI, a giant GameStop pokemon standee (like 5 - 6 ft tall), a few posters, and a Dark Knight Returns unused stand up advertisement for another 25 bucks.
He had some real good comic book taste - Irredeemable, Ed Brubaker stuff, Luna Brothers, etc., but everything he had I've already read and I would only buy like hardcover collections at this point.

The Dark Knight countertop standee is this thing
http://www.worthpoin...1980s-127576935
It is unused and unassembled. I wonder how much this is worth? I don't plan on selling it, just curious.

Another place had comic books 4 for a $1. I saw in the picture on craigslist the Dark Pheonix saga in the box but when I got there they were gone. I did pick it Dark Knight Strikes Back, some Moon Night pb, an X-factor pb, and issue 1 of Married w/ Children (couldn't find a 4th book).

Picked up a sealed little kids Truck (like Fisher Price I think with a DVD too) and a sealed Hot Wheels toy. Not to flip or anything, but to give to my friend's 14 month year old.

Another place I picked up Risk: LotR Trilogy Edition. New but unsealed for 4 bucks.

All in all my best day of the year even with missing out of Mega Man X collection for a buck and all the other misses I heard about.

#2194 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

The sale i talked about earlier with the people waiting almost an hour early turned out to be a total waste. One obese man in his 60s immediately grabbed all the NES games, but I saw what was there and it was all crappy sports games with badly faded labels. Now I feel almost embarrased for even going but I feel even more embarrassed for the idiot who waited an hour just to get that crap. Normally I travel about an hour away to another city for yard sales because there is zero competition there, I will find huge lots at 3pm even some times. The town I live in though is like a damn feeding frenzy anytime someone has games

#2195 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Today wasn't exactly a homerun, but I did okay. There were a bunch of ads in my area, so I started out with two sizeable flea markets (both tapped out, and one "false info" lady who had been saying for two weeks that her husband has games :bomb: ) However I did find these to appease the anime god...

Ghost in the Shell SE
Cowboy Bebop the Movie
Escaflowne the Movie
Dead or Alive 3 xbox
Twilight Princess Wii guide

All for $5. They were asking 3 for $5 on the DVDs, so I basically got them to throw in the other two items for free.

Next up was one of these hole-in-the-wall townhome community sales; it wasn't much unless you count the table with vintage 1979 Playboys...however I talked to a neighbor who had various systems such as Game Gear, a PS2 slim (both above my comfort range, he wouldn't take my pitch of $10 + $20 = $30 for the systems). I was fortunate to peel off a

Gameboy Pocket & Link's Awakening cart

for $10. He also tossed in some free PS2 sports titles which luckily had a ps1 disc mixed in, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. :D

Anyhow, the best part is on the way home...there's a sale on a hill and my eagle eyes spot an NES frontloader sticking out of a shoebox. I'm jogging back from a sidestreet, thinking wtf this might be hiding in plain view--of course when I get there it's just a system and one game. :drool: It's one of these AWOL yardsales with no one around either, so I head around back and start talking to this old-timer who's an okay sort. Now I usually dislike naked systems, especially ones that aren't...the cleanest in the world. But then again he's only asking twenty, which prompts me to conduct a wild maneuver of pulling all the small bills out of my wallet and cash-in-facing him for $9.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#2196 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Went to a number of yard sales today today and not much went right. I got up at 7am (earlier than usual) and was told I had just missed video games everywhere I went. At 1030am I went to this advertised video game sale. The house had a yard that was overgrown and there was nothing out front. The guy told me to come inside and the house was empty. I was led to a back room and got this for $10

Super Nintendo with wires and 8 cart only games
TMNT IV
Top Gear
Donkey Kong Country
Battletoads / Double Dragon
Street Fighter 2 turbo
Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat
Spider Man / X Men

I saw a few strategy guides that he gave me for free (Pokemon Yellow, Street Fighter EX + Alpha, Pokemon Stadium)

We walked out to leave and he told me theyll have more later. I spotted a gameboy carrier as I was leaving and he sold me it for $5. It included

Game Boy Color
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Tetris Blast
Zelda DX
Kirby 2
T2
Tony Hawk
Robocop
Super Advantage Controller

He said he had an N64 with games somewhere but couldnt find it.

I was thrilled with the deal and about to leave when m girlfriend was negotaiting for a stereo system. I looked through the garage and -!!!!- I found a Super Nintendo PAL!!!! (I thought it was a Super Famicom which I already have)

He ended up giving us the Super Nintendo PAL with Syndicate PAL and Game Boy PAL with the stereo that my girlfriend but for $20 (very expensive MP3 / CD stereo.

I then went to a few more yard sales and got 20 PS1 / PS2 games for $2 and a complete Parappa the Rapper for $2.

We later went back to the same sell and the guy had found and sold the N64. My girlfriend bought a car charger and twin bed sheets for $7 and I was allowed take some Pokemon cards, PS1 Namco Museum Vol. 1, and a Sqauresoft demo Vol 1 in sleeve (sells for $20).

The PAL Nes was freaking awsome. I wouldve paid a lot more for it alone.
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#2197 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Someone on ebay is trying to sell the Street Fighter EX plus A guide I got for $200 obo. Is the gamefan guide that rare?
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#2198 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Gamelan guides were lower print runs but if its the only one on sale they may just be trying to fish for a high price.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2199 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Got 34 official xbox magazine "xbox game disc's +
carrying case +
artwork/manual for 4 games (midnight club 3 DUB ed, Dead to Rights/Otogi/True Crime streets of LA)
for 1 dollar at yard sale.

Discs 1-44, missing discs 1-3,11,19,25,29,41-43.

I don't even have an xbox.

Any of these worth anything?

#2200 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Got 34 official xbox magazine "xbox game disc's +
carrying case +
artwork/manual for 4 games (midnight club 3 DUB ed, Dead to Rights/Otogi/True Crime streets of LA)
for 1 dollar at yard sale.

Discs 1-44, missing discs 1-3,11,19,25,29,41-43.

I don't even have an xbox.

Any of these worth anything?

Video games magazines are never worth anything. Not even Nintendo powers are worth anything.

needler420.png

#2201 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

The magazines are only great for the bathroom or when you're bored.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2202 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

Random stuff;

$3 each for :ps2: TimeSplitters, Silent Hill 2 (GH), Silent Hill 3, Fatal Frame and PS1 Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories
$.50 each for :pc: Counter-Strike (CD key should work on Steam) and Dark Seed
$1 for the Mario coin bank. I think it's an older one from the '90s based on the paint job.

Already had TimeSplitters and SH2, but these are in better shape at least. I'll definitely be playing the SH games considering how awful the HD collection supposedly turned out.

Posted Image

$10 for this Genesis lot; none of the boxed games have manuals. Some good games though! Also included a model 2 Genesis without cables or controllers, which is annoying because I have at least 4-5 of them now and probably only enough cables for 2.

Posted Image

$10 for this Atari Flashback 3; the box is a little worn but the contents are all brand new. I remember reading quite recently that these are selling for a decent amount so I picked it up.
76561197996844513.png

#2203 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Video games magazines are never worth anything. Not even Nintendo powers are worth anything.

NO, not magazines. The demo games discs that came with them, they worth anything?

I have 34 of them, 1-44 - missing the above mentioned earlier

edit:(missing discs 1-3,11,19,25,29,41-43)

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28514

Edited by nixmahn, 22 September 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#2204 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

NO, not magazines. The demo games discs that came with them, they worth anything?

They are worth as much as OPM demo discs. Nothing. Maybe each have a few key demos that collectors want but overall they aren't worth anything. Its nice to own a bunch in good condition though. I have many but I always treated my demos like crap so they are all messed up.

Edited by needler420, 23 September 2012 - 12:08 AM.

needler420.png

#2205 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Old Nintendo power magazines definitely have some value if you can get some Nes/snes/64 era ones. The first issue is selling ridiculously high too lately, as high as $80 on ebay.

I went to a town wide sale today in a place I never go to, and it was mostly a bust. Missed on a 64, xbox games, etc. Picked up Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy for $4. I've been having better luck at the pawns lately.

#2206 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

Today's gaming buys
Posted Image
Pokemon Gold, Red, Pinball, Legend of The River King, ROcket Power Gettin Air, Perfect Dark, Madden 95, and the Special Edition guide for Pokemon Red, Yellow, and Blue. Total- $15. Everything saves.

Resident Evil 2/3 complete, Dino Crysis complete, FFVII- $5

3 gamecube games- $5

4 Wiimotes( Nintendo brand ) and a wireless numchuck- $5

N64 with smash bros and NBA Jam 2000- $2.25

PS3 controller Dualshock 3- $5

#2207 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Today's gaming buys

Pokemon Gold, Red, Pinball, Legend of The River King, ROcket Power Gettin Air, Perfect Dark, Madden 95, and the Special Edition guide for Pokemon Red, Yellow, and Blue. Total- $15. Everything saves.

Resident Evil 2/3 complete, Dino Crysis complete, FFVII- $5

3 gamecube games- $5

4 Wiimotes( Nintendo brand ) and a wireless numchuck- $5

N64 with smash bros and NBA Jam 2000- $2.25

PS3 controller Dualshock 3- $5

Damn, now that's some impressive negotiating!
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#2208 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

Old Nintendo power magazines definitely have some value if you can get some Nes/snes/64 era ones. The first issue is selling ridiculously high too lately, as high as $80 on ebay.

I went to a town wide sale today in a place I never go to, and it was mostly a bust. Missed on a 64, xbox games, etc. Picked up Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy for $4. I've been having better luck at the pawns lately.

I have a ton of Nintendo Power (mostly NES and SNES I think) I had to throw out many issues of Gamecube and beyond because they were simply taking up space that I do not have and they were becoming a pain to haul around since magazines are so heavy.They are selling good because the magazine is ending publication in december, perhaps I need to get around to selling my collection.

#2209 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

I've been buying up mags because I think they are going to become more popular. I actually got a couple of lots at sales last month that I (obviously) haven't posted yet.

#2210 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

Had some luck today with just a few sales happening...

Posted Image

first find, asked $5 accepted $3 (lol thought ps2 game might be rare)

Posted Image

unadvertised sale - asked $10 accepted $5 includes about 10 more games in the case, love the screen (speakers are impressive) and finally keeping this one...

Posted Image

unadvertised sale asked $30, accepted $25 (DS touch screen not functioning, but plays gba games)

Posted Image

don't usually buy pc games but took a chance as the whole lot with wii/ps3/ps2 games - $15

fave find has to be the psone with lcd... dirty covered with stickers, cleaned up great and seems to work great....
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#2211 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Bad day for yard sales. First yard sale that I went to advertised snes games. When I got there he had snes games, nes games, and some sega games. He had a crap load of nes and n64 systems. I asked if he could bring out the sega cd, he said only if the sale goes well:roll:. The games he had were mainly crappy titles and he was asking $5 for them. Then I went to a neighborhood yard sale and none of the sales had any games so it was a waste of time to get up early today.

#2212 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Finally found some stuff older stuff at a yard sale, not much but something

SNES controller $5 (really needed one as I only had some cheap knock off, can really tell the difference)
Yoshi's Cookie (NES) + Paperboy 2 and NHL 96 (SNES) for $5

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#2213 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

They're not worthless, but they're hard to sell. Maybe hang on to them for a while. I've seen some PS2 demos go for quite a bit of money, I imagine the same might eventually happen for Xbox.

#2214 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Eh been too lazy to get a picture up, but Ill share the find.
Picked up all for $35

X360 Games:
Red dead redemption
Dragon Age origins
Call of Duty Black Ops (Keeping this one.. is it just me or is it 10x better than MW3?)

DVDs:
Lost Season 2, 3, 4
Heroes Season 1, 2
Planet Earth
Pan's Labyrinth (Loved this movie.. thought it might of been worth something since I don't think many people were expecting it to be so good, Ill be glad to keep it)

The guy had probably 200+ dvd's. I don't know why I didn't spend more time looking through them. I passed over Criminal Minds season, some simpsons seasons, and lots and lots of movies.. Still kicking myself for not buying a lot more of these. Heres the kicker, all movies were $0.50 each. I even think I was first to look through them all. Ugh!

#2215 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

I would have tried to buy them all. Like, if he gave you a good deal you could probably have gotten a pretty good flip on those.

#2216 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

I think you should've spent some time looking through them dvds. :lol: I myself would've probably jumped on the movies I liked and any possible Disney titles they had. Especially Horror and Sci-fi for me. Especially since they .50 each. Can't go wrong on that. xD

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2217 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

Ignore needler420 as he's making a blanket statement with no research - there IS an Xbox Magazine demo disc that can sometimes sell for $20+. You've got it - disc 39. It's got the demo for Metal Wolf Chaos - an awesome game that never came to the US. It's about the President piloting a giant mech.

http://en.wikipedia....etal_Wolf_Chaos

#2218 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Ignore needler420 as he's making a blanket statement with no research - there IS an Xbox Magazine demo disc that can sometimes sell for $20+. You've got it - disc 39. It's got the demo for Metal Wolf Chaos - an awesome game that never came to the US. It's about the President piloting a giant mech.

You miss read a big part of my post. The part that said most expect a key few ones.

And even though I knew there were some around that price you just basically proved me right. He's got one disc worth $20 which won't be easy to get and the other 30 or so are worthless.

The big binder they came in was a better score then demo discs.

needler420.png

#2219 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thanks, makes me feel alot better about spending that one dollar. Plus I've been comparing with this list

http://www.oxmonline...mo-disc-archive

and it seems I have 2 disc with Panzer Dragon Orta and some other notable games (even only if they are only demos)

Any other titles people suggest I should look for?

You miss read a big part of my post. The part that said most expect a key few ones.

And even though I knew there were some around that price you just basically proved me right. He's got one disc worth $20 which won't be easy to get and the other 30 or so are worthless.

The big binder they came in was a better score then demo discs.

Funny, I figured I broke even with the binder, lol.

#2220 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

Damn you for mentioning that game. It now has to go on my list of ridiculous novelty games that I can't afford.