Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#2461 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Well I am very anti piracy and didn't want to give the wrong impression.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#2462 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

:br: I, Robot 3D Blu-ray Gift Set with Limited Edition "Sonny" Sculpture (Comic Con 2012 Exclusive) [86/250]

Spoiler

#2463 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Went by a sale that was advertised all week, there were no signs today of the sale >.>

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#2464 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Went by a sale that was advertised all week, there were no signs today of the sale >.>

I've had this happen to me before too, it's annoying

#2465 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Actually got some cool stuff today, at one sale for .50 each I got

-Lufia and the Fortress of Doom SNES Boxed (box is in ROUGH shape)
-Illusion of Gaia SNES Boxed (Box is pretty nice :)
-Jeopardy SNES Boxed
-UN Squadron SNES Boxed

Really happy to find those. And I also drove past a store called "Richters Autobody" and though to myself that it was a sign that I was going to find some castlevania stuff. Sure enough, next sale I found Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for GBA for a buck :)

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600

#2466 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Actually got some cool stuff today, at one sale for .50 each I got

-Lufia and the Fortress of Doom SNES Boxed (box is in ROUGH shape)
-Illusion of Gaia SNES Boxed (Box is pretty nice :)
-Jeopardy SNES Boxed
-UN Squadron SNES Boxed

Really happy to find those. And I also drove past a store called "Richters Autobody" and though to myself that it was a sign that I was going to find some castlevania stuff. Sure enough, next sale I found Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for GBA for a buck :)

nice find

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#2467 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Not many sales today, but I did find a few old games at one of them. Paid $5 for these, and they all work.

Spoiler

Gave me a good excuse to get my 2600 set up and working. :D
Posted Image

#2468 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Decent day for me, only went to about 4 sales

First Stop: picked up a gameboy color + super mario bros delux for $3

Second Stop: Picked up everything else pictured. I walked in and some dude in his 50's was walking out with a box of N64/sega/gameboy games :cry: but managed to still find these. Paid $30 for everything...

Posted Image
Posted Image
SUPERPAD 64 = lamest 3rd party controllers ever created
Posted Image

I picked up a bag of what looked to be final fantasy 8, but when I got home, there are disc 1,2,4 of FF8 and disc 3 of FF9 :hot:

#2469 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Everyone is having good finds, while i cant even get finds

Sidenote: is that a complete legend of dragoon?

Designed by Lilchiji

#2470 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

everyone is having good finds, while i cant even get finds

sidenote: Is that a complete legend of dragoon?

yupp!!

I have started emailing people who post yard sales on craigslist a couple of days before to ask if they have games for sale. That's how I found this one (games wasn't even on the sale ad), I would recommend doing this as you can eliminate numerous stops.

#2471 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

yupp!!

I have started emailing people who post yard sales on craigslist a couple of days before to ask if they have games for sale. That's how I found this one (games wasn't even on the sale ad), I would recommend doing this as you can eliminate numerous stops.

I used to try that, would always backfire because then they would update their CL ad saying that they have video games.

ie, now some jackass is knocking on their door at 6AM asking about the video games.

#2472 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

yupp!!

that is a pro upon a list of many cons one of which the guy below posted also not many yard sales get posted in my area

Designed by Lilchiji

#2473 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

I used to try that, would always backfire because then they would update their CL ad saying that they have video games.

ie, now some jackass is knocking on their door at 6AM asking about the video games.

Yet another reason to yard sale "off the grid", never look at craigslist for sales, just wing it and ask at every sale for video games.

Unless you're going on an "off day" when your area doesn't normally have yard sales. That day for me is Friday, which if I decide to go, I check craigslist because there's usually 5 sales in a 20 mile radius.

#2474 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

I got a handheld electronic Battleship for $1 today at a community sale.

#2475 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

overcast in Orlando this weekend so a lot of cancelled sales.

Ended up with (for free)
Blitz 2002 GBA
Genesis 6 Button Controller and Sega RF
a few CDs
17 license plates (10 are transporter plates and Ebay for $15 apiece - not bad for free)

Also got 5 Dreamcast Games for $2 total
Daytona USA (complete), Sonice Shuffle (missing manual), Midway Arcade Treasures (disc only), Frogger 2 (complete), and Sega Smash Pack (complete)

I hit the flea today and ended up with
4 New Studio Ghibli Olga Import (official Japan) CDs for .50 cents apiece (put one on ebay to test the water)
Howling Moving Castle DVD New and Sealed - $1.50
Mutant League Football *Complete* - $2
Mutant League Hockey(!) *Complete* - $2

Ive never have actually seen Mutant League Hockey until today. Its not super rare but definitely a nice little addition.
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#2476 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Eh bust for me, neighborhood across the street was doing a sale. Not 1 video game.

#2477 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Almost didn't go out today because there haven't been very much sales lately, but i'm glad I did!

First stop: paid $10 for everything.. My 5th wind waker i've found in the past couple of months
Posted Image

Second stop: $1 per game.. one of the Crash cases had Legend Of Mana in it!!!!! Puppy snuck in the picture
Posted Image

Edited by evuong, 03 November 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#2478 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Blah, I'm sick of this town. I wish people would sell something besides baby clothes and costume jewelry.

#2479 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Blah, I'm sick of this town. I wish people would sell something besides baby clothes and costume jewelry.

I feel the same. 20 sales and nothing today. My finds are few and far between, but I feel like the good finds are worth it.

(Like my recent pick up of a top loader NES with 16 games for $20)

#2480 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

3 sales today, 2 had games, walked out with nothing.

First sale: No games.

Second sale had 2 PS1s and an :xbox:. Passed on the PS1s. Asked for :xbox: pricing, got quoted at $40, mom comes out and wants $50. No thanks. Look around some more and find a Yellow GBC with Kirby Mass Attack, an N64 controller, and 2 NES controllers. I get a quote on that, mom wants $30. I countered at $5 and $10 but she wouldn't budge. Walked away.

Sale 3 had a modded :xbox: and a lot of games and some DDR pads. I see KOTOR 2 in the pile and find out the Xbox is modded, but the lady says I have to buy everything. So I was like ok how much, she said $30 at first but then her bf comes by to correct the pricing, ends up asking for $130...hahaha no. BTW, the KOTOR 2 disc was missing.

WHY DO THESE TEARS COME AT NIGHT

#2481 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

3 sales today, 2 had games, walked out with nothing.

First sale: No games.

Second sale had 2 PS1s and an :xbox:. Passed on the PS1s. Asked for :xbox: pricing, got quoted at $40, mom comes out and wants $50. No thanks. Look around some more and find a Yellow GBC with Kirby Mass Attack, an N64 controller, and 2 NES controllers. I get a quote on that, mom wants $30. I countered at $5 and $10 but she wouldn't budge. Walked away.

Sale 3 had a modded :xbox: and a lot of games and some DDR pads. I see KOTOR 2 in the pile and find out the Xbox is modded, but the lady says I have to buy everything. So I was like ok how much, she said $30 at first but then her bf comes by to correct the pricing, ends up asking for $130...hahaha no. BTW, the KOTOR 2 disc was missing.

WHY DO THESE TEARS COME AT NIGHT

For that lot, That boyfriend was an idiot and maybe drunk.

#2482 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

This weekend there was an annual festival at a nearby town, always plenty of yard sales on the highway into town and in the surrounding communities. I had Friday off so I was actually able to go before the weekend.

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The CDs were $1 each and the DVDs were $2 each. The Movie replaces my worn out copy I got at a pawn shop. Didn't get to buy it new before it went OOP and this one is near mint. Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Posted Image

Various soundtracks $2 each. Lady would not budge on price, but I was interested because some soundtracks are no longer in print. These, apparently, are all duds. Oh well, another excuse to upgrade to a smart phone.

After hitting roughly 20 sales and actually making it into town, the weather started making a turn for the worse. The civil defense alarm had gone off once already and after a few sprinkles and a few booms of thunder, everyone went back to saleing. Then I found these:

Posted Image

I was expecting to pay at least $5 each for the Star Wars soundtracks, and I would have paid it. I ask how much for them and the copy of Final Doom and the lady running the sale says "I dunno, $5 for everything?". I had the money in her hand before she had a chance to change her mind. Risk was an additional $2 for a grand total of $7 for everything pictured. As I was handing the money over the civil defense alarm goes off again, this time they meant business. The tent holding the sale started bucking from the wind and rain started pouring down immediatley. Ran to the truck and headed for home. This was probably one of the strongest storms we had all year. Needless to say my Friday sales were done.

Saturday morning let me hit newer sales in the same area and allowed me to skip the stuff I had already seen.

Posted Image

These items are from various sales. The single DVDs were $1 each, 3rd Rock from the Sun S2 was $3, Dark Sector and Need for Speed Undercover (not pictured, nephew snagged it) were $5 each. The CDs were $.50 each! Unfortunatly someone else just beat me to them, grabbing most of the prime stuff. The reason I just missed out on the better CDs was because I was haggling with some lady on this next find:

Posted Image

NES with games, controllers and zapper for $10. This was roughly noon in an area set up for vendors with plenty of people walking around so I was very supprised that this was still there, especially at that price! Yet I hadn't really haggled with anyone so far that day, so for some reason I felt this was the one to do it on. It was tagged at $10 and I offered $7, she looks at me and says "I'll take ten". At that point I felt embarrassed that I had even tried to haggle, especially in offering only $3 less than asking price. It didn't include a power supply but I had found one at GW a day before for $2.

Not a bad weekend.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#2483 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Found some goodies today:

Sega Dreamcast in box (box is pretty beat up) with 2 controllers - $5
Dreamcast games $0.50 each:
Project Justice (disc only)
NBA 2k1 (disc only)
NFL 2k2 (CIB)
NBA showtime NBA on NBC (CIB)
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica (CIB)
Spider-man (missing manual)

N64 with cords - $5

Bag of shitty DS/GBA games - $4 (trading the DS games to best buy/gamestop)

#2484 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image

Bought all of this for a ****ing dollar LMAO. It seems to be working fine. Talk about retro! It's a Macintosh IIsi computer.

#2485 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Posted Image

Bought all of this for a ****ing dollar LMAO. It seems to be working fine. Talk about retro! It's a Macintosh IIsi computer.

Lmao. Nice find, man.

#2486 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Spoiler

I think we used those in jr high.

Nice finds invicta!! That storm was crazy here too.

#2487 te619

te619

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Seller wanted $2 each, I bought them for $5 total:

Posted Image

#2488 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

6-30-12 finds (nope, not a typo) :lol:

.25 cents for the SNES game and Strider 2 case only was FREE. I wish it had the game in it!

Posted Image

Bought this stuff from an old guy who used it primarily in his RV on long trips. I paid $5 for the game gear lot and $1 for the record.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Find of the week: 50 cents. Factory Sealed. I had a feeling it was good (I still don't have a smart phone or tablet or anything to check)

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...good people vhs

:bouncy:

#2489 Otherguy676

Otherguy676

Grand Pawn Shop Champ!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

My father wanted to buy the Vizio All in one at Compusa this morning so I went ahead of him as there was an advertised yard sale down the street. The yard sale stunk (it was a thrift store) but I did find a few others. I noticed a crate of games and a SNES. The price was $40 and the lady would not budge. Upon further inspection I saw Super Mario RPG and Secret of Mana. I was Sold at that point.

Also included were 2 copies of Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle, 2 copies of Mortal Kombat 1, Mega Man X, Super Street Fighter 2, Super Smash TV, a few sports games, and others.

The Mario RPG sticker has wear and may sell it along with a copy of DKC and MK to come out on top on the lot.
My games list, Just hit 1000!!!
http://users.ign.com...objType=1&lid=1

My Ebay Auctions - check this out and if you buy something, let me know your a CAG and Ill throw in some free swag (like uncommon cards or various promo items I find lying around)
http://www.ebay.com/...6/m.html?_dmd=1

Trade list
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=95517
I an have a Sega Saturn Pro Action Replay 4 in 1 for sale, PM me if interested

#2490 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Nice day for me. Here are my hauls.

PSP (1001) w/ 5 (junky) games
PS3 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
PS3 - Bourne Conspiracy
All for $10

SNES w/ 4 controllers and around 15 games. Only games worth mentioning are Zelda: LttP, Star Fox, Stunt Racer FX and a Capcom Mickey game. Rest are sports/junky titles.
All for $4

Will put up pictures later.