Photo
- - - - -

Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#331 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Walked into a GW near my mother's house and saw a Sega CDX behind the case. $100. Wanted so badly to grab it, but I don't have that kind of cash to throw. Thought about getting it to flip, but not at that price.

Why would you want to flip something for LESS than what you paid?

#332 faa8146

faa8146

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

I sold my $15 Goodwill CDX with 1 controller and no games for $156 on ebay a month ago.

#333 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Most of the listings I've seen have closed for above 100...somewhere between 115 and 130. Not enough to convince me to grab it. Sadly, I almost grabbed it anyway. I'd never seen one in the wild before. Eh, sour grapes. Bet it didn't work.

#334 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Found a Gamecube with attached Gameboy Player and SSX3 inside with no cables for $5, a PS One with attached screen for $5, Dreamcast Controller with VMU for 99 cents, and Max Payne 2 PS2 - Complete for 99 cents over the weekend.

Spent a little over 10 bucks on cables and everything works great.

Haven't done thrift store shopping in a long time.

Also saw a perfect condition copy of Syphon Filter 3 for 2.98 at a store, but passed because I didn't think I needed it. Any thoughts?

#335 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

I sold my $15 Goodwill CDX with 1 controller and no games for $156 on ebay a month ago.

Most of the listings I've seen have closed for above 100...somewhere between 115 and 130. Not enough to convince me to grab it. Sadly, I almost grabbed it anyway. I'd never seen one in the wild before. Eh, sour grapes. Bet it didn't work.

I guess the folks I saw on eBay must've been damn lucky then because I saw one or two auctions end around $60 the other night (which is why I made my previous comment). But I currently see a couple going for quite a bit more, so I shall reluctantly withdraw my comment for now.

#336 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yesterday I went to the GW store.

Picked up Family Guy Vol 1-6 for 6.99 a piece.

#337 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

You would be really screwing yourself if that CDX didn't work..

Also I realized the problem with goodwill here, most GW's are located near independent game stores, so its completely obvious to me that they are sending employees over every morning to pick up everything good to sell at those stores. Sometimes there is less than a block between the 2 stores. Our independent stores here are so bad with pricing its not even funny. Perhaps they locate themselves by goodwill and thrifts on purpose!

#338 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

My Goodwills have a 7 day return policy on electronics. I've used it a couple times when consoles didn't work.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#339 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

My Goodwills have a 7 day return policy on electronics. I've used it a couple times when consoles didn't work.

I wish SA had that same policy. I'm still miffed I was in too much of a rush n bought a Sony surround sound unit (for $20:bomb:) that must've been hit by a power surge n goes to an error code when you turn it on.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#340 C0dy

C0dy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Some decent pickups from the weekend, $3 each

Sega Saturn Backup Cart :D
Mega Man X (SNES)
Pit Fighter (SNES)
Street Fighter II (SNES)
Darius Twin (SNES)
Ghosts n Goblins (NES)
Chakan - boxed (GEN)
Forgotten Worlds - complete (GEN)

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

#341 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Brand new Goodwill distribution center just opened up the road from me. Went there with the girlfriend today and I got..

Croc 2 for PS1
LucasArts Full Throttle for PC. The disc seriously looks like it's never been used.
Blood for PC. I guess it's the game Blood with all the expansions on the disc.

Not sure if there is much here to sell but at 50 cents each I figured what the hell. I'll be heading to this Goodwill quite a bit now.

Blood is awesome, you should just play it.

#342 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Some decent pickups from the weekend, $3 each

Sega Saturn Backup Cart :D
Mega Man X (SNES)
Pit Fighter (SNES)
Street Fighter II (SNES)
Darius Twin (SNES)
Ghosts n Goblins (NES)
Chakan - boxed (GEN)
Forgotten Worlds - complete (GEN)

Are you the guy that found a Saturn backup cart in the yard sale thread last year?

#343 C0dy

C0dy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

Are you the guy that found a Saturn backup cart in the yard sale thread last year?

This is the first one I've owned. Must be thinking of someone else? :O

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

#344 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

That might be me, and it was a Sega CD backup cart. Ironically, I found a working Sega CD unit a few weeks ago. Could kinda use that cart...after I find some decent games for cheap.

#345 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

This is the first one I've owned. Must be thinking of someone else? :O

whoops!

That might be me, and it was a Sega CD backup cart. Ironically, I found a working Sega CD unit a few weeks ago. Could kinda use that cart...after I find some decent games for cheap.

Yup that's the one.

#346 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

Today's finds:

Posted Image

$3.99 at Savers. Ever notice how when they're all lined up on the shelf Gamecube games blend in with DVDs? I can be looking at a shelf of them for a few minutes before I realize "hey that's not a shitty romantic comedy, it's a decent game!"

Posted Image

$3.99 at Goodwill. I don't know why but this looked like fun so I grabbed it.

Posted Image

$3.99 for the lot at Savers. I figured its worth tossing them up as a lot on eBay.

Posted Image

$2.99 / $3.99? I can't remember. Also from Savers. They all have 1974 stamped on their feet. I thought being that old would make them more valuable but from the research I've done so far not so much. Any input on these would be appreciated.

This is where I really got lucky:

Posted Image

$3.99 at Savers. Everything inside is still sealed / brand new! :D

and...

Posted Image

$6.99 at a different Savers. Also brand new.

Other recent finds:

-Microsoft Office 2003 Professional - $3.99 at Salvation Army
-Godfather Complete Epic VHS Box Set - $9.99 at Savers
-NES RC Pro AM $1.99 @ SA
-NES T&C Surf Design $1.99 @ SA (not really sure why I bought these but oh well)

#347 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

This is where I really got lucky:

Posted Image

$3.99 at Savers. Everything inside is still sealed / brand new! :D

and...

Posted Image

$6.99 at a different Savers. Also brand new.

You son of a bitch. I never find Lego at thrift stores, anywhere, let alone sealed boxes... and one of the newer Star Wars sets at that. So jelly.

Most of those Star Wars figures are from the Power of the Force line in the mid-late 90s; I don't think they're especially valuable given how common (and goofy looking) they are. But I could be wrong... tell us if you decide to put them up; I've got a whole briefcase full of them that I'd dump on ebay too if it were worth the effort.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#348 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

Wow...nice Lego finds. All the Lego stuff I've found at thrift stores are mixed lots.

#349 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

I found one of those Famicom controller alarm clock things that Think Geek sold a few years ago for $1.25.

http://kotaku.com/20...ler-alarm-clock
Anyone know what they're worth now?
Can't find any on ebay when I looked.

#350 200STM

200STM

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Today on my day off I went to my usual spots and found Golden Sun (GBA) for a dollar! I did good today looking forward to playing this.

#351 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Most of those Star Wars figures are from the Power of the Force line in the mid-late 90s; I don't think they're especially valuable given how common (and goofy looking) they are.

Yeah, they're not really worth much of anything anymore. Even most of the vintage action figures aren't worth more than a few bucks each. Vehicles still seem to be fairly valuable, though.

I've got a nice big collection of 90's SW toys (and a couple from the 80's) that I'm hoping to sell off soon, but I probably won't get more than $50 for all of them.

#352 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Ho-ly shit did I have a day of finds! First, the pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First pic:

2x Cisco Linksys AE1000 Wireless-N USB Adapters, brand new and sealed - $3/ea

Second pic:

Metz 54MZ-3 shoe-mount flash - $6

Third pic:

2x Kyocera T4 Zoom 35mm Cameras, pretty pricey little point-and-shoots - $5/ea

Last pic:

The score of the day/week/month/year/decade....

Canon GL2 3CCD Digital Camcorder, small professional grade, the configurations for this thing are endless. They still sell new for $2000+ - I paid $10 for it. I tested it out once I got home and it works AWESOME! I've always wanted a premium-grade video camera and now I have one. :D

I got EXTREMELY lucky, because the minute I walked into the store, a lady came out from the back with a cart full of these goodies. I snatched them up seconds after she set them on the shelf.

I also picked up a Philips Pronto with cradle and extender, and will add pics of that later.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#353 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:30 AM

Canon GL2 3CCD Digital Camcorder, small professional grade, the configurations for this thing are endless. They still sell new for $2000+ - I paid $10 for it. I tested it out once I got home and it works AWESOME! I've always wanted a premium-grade video camera and now I have one. :D

I got EXTREMELY lucky, because the minute I walked into the store, a lady came out from the back with a cart full of these goodies. I snatched them up seconds after she set them on the shelf.

I also picked up a Philips Pronto with cradle and extender, and will add pics of that later.

Which one was this? If you don't mind me asking. ;)

#354 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Which one was this? If you don't mind me asking. ;)

North Huntingdon, PA, right by my house

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#355 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

North Huntingdon, PA, right by my house

I keep forgetting you're on the opposite side of Pittsburgh.

Still... I need to make a trip one day. :lol:

#356 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Mario Party $1.96
"Tijuana Zebra" by The Kitchen Syncopators $2.99
Canon Digital Rebel XT (complete in box except for the kit lens) $39.96

The camera seems to work, I am going to borrow a lens from a coworker to test it out Monday.

#357 DeadStranger

DeadStranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

PS3 God of War Collection: Paid $1.07

#358 Floopy

Floopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Latest set of picks from past few weeks.

Posted Image

As usual, these pickups are from several trips to various local thrifts. Paid $9 for Dragon Warrior III, $7 for Kotor II, $6 each for Republic Commando and Morrowind, $4 each for the Hey You Pikachi N64 stuff, Spyro, Resident Evil 2, $3 each for Wild Arms 2, $2 each for CTR, FF Mystic Quest, SNES Controller, Super Mario 3 x2, Super Mario 2, and Crash Bash, and $1 each for South Park, Daggerfall, and Battlespire.

#359 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

PS1- The Next Tetris, MegaMan Legends- complete black label, $3 each

PS1- FF Anthology, FF 9- complete black label except the music cd from Anthology- $6 each

PS3- Need for Speed Shift unleashed 2 Limited Edition, complete $10

Wii- Just Dance 3, complete $10

Toy Story 3 Blu Ray 2 disc, complete $4

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#360 Theenternal

Theenternal

CAG got me pregnant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Been so busy and I've only had to the chance to hit up two places on a lunch break in the last two weeks, and these pictures are making me envious.

1.99 - Worms Armageddon PSX Complete, My 6th MGS PSX complete, Dark Forces PC, Virtual Cop 2

Also I am sadden to reveal that the Goodwill here has succumb to the collector pricing of games. Saw a 7.99 SMB/Duck Hunt.
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.