- - - - -

Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#481 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image
$3 each. Rarely see any SNES games around here besides at the overpriced flea market stand, so this was a fantastic find.

Posted Image

#482 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Got sonic and knuckles cib
Sonic 3 cib
And
The guy game for Xbox for 5 bucks each.

A little pricey but I can flip the guy game for an easy 30 and I don't want it anyways. Even if it is a little sought after.

#483 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Pretty good stuff this week

Savers #1:
Posted Image

Soul Calibur and Batman - $3.99
PS1 Gameshark and Surf DVD - $1.99

Savers #2:
Posted Image

Controller - $4.99
Game - $2.99

Salvation Army #1:

Posted Image

$3.99 Each

Posted Image

Gamecube game boy player came attached to a GC, no power supply or controller though. $7.99

The other thing is something I'm selling on Amazon.

Also picked up a New York Rangers jersey and a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey. At $4.99 each they should fetch a good amount on eBay since they look brand new. Picture won't upload for some reason though.

#484 wheels

wheels

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I've had a few decent finds recently:

Beatles: Rockband Xbox 360 $5
Wired Rockband fender guitar xbox 360$5
Wireless Rockband Fender guitar 360 $8
Mortal Kombat: deadly Alliance xbox $4
Toejam and Earl genesis cart only $2
Spryo PS1 $2
Abe's oddysee Ps1 $2 also had a Tekken 3 disc in it the case, I even let the clerk know and she didnt' seem to care.

Non video game: Crafstman router table in perfect shape for $10

#485 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/psn/user/theunvisible/"]Posted Image[/URL]

Spoiler

#486 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Well I didn't do too bad right now. did my daily stop at the local thrift and found a Texas Instruments kids calculator thing, and they gave it to me for free. (The Little Professor - 1976 )

just checked ebay and it sells for $20 - $30
now I just need to find a 9v battery to test it 0.o

edit - found a battery, and a works like a charm =D

Posted Image

Edited by SnesGuy, 13 April 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#487 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Survivalism, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw those games! Did he review Hydlide? I don't remember it as well as Top Gun

#488 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Well I didn't do too bad right now. did my daily stop at the local thrift and found a Texas Instruments kids calculator thing, and they gave it to me for free. (The Little Professor - 1976 )

just checked ebay and it sells for $20 - $30
now I just need to find a 9v battery to test it 0.o

edit - found a battery, and a works like a charm =D

Spoiler

Very nice. I just saw one of those a couple of weeks ago on some TV show about a pawn shop. I think the guy wanted something around $500 (don't quote me on that) which he of course didn't get. It's certainly not worth a ton of money and it doesn't appear to be highly sought after, but it's still a cool piece and you can definitely make a decent profit.

#489 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Dropped by Goodwill and saw a Gamecude with hookups but not controller for $15. Almost went to check out but then thought to myself to recheck to see if there was anything else. So I go back and see a box on the top shelf marked $29.99. So I grabbed said "mystery box" and I find a Dreamcast with hookups, 5 controllers, starfire lightblaster, 2 memory cards, 2 visual memory cards, and Sonic Adventures 2 (doesn't work though). So I of course but the Dreamcast package and leave the Gamecube behind

#490 logicmeme

logicmeme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Survivalism, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw those games! Did he review Hydlide? I don't remember it as well as Top Gun

Nice post Survivalism! Yeah AVGN did review Hydlide and the first top gun. Like I said, the games suck... too bad I couldn't find a CIB Jekyll and Hyde ;)
>Posted Image

#491 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Very nice. I just saw one of those a couple of weeks ago on some TV show about a pawn shop. I think the guy wanted something around $500 (don't quote me on that) which he of course didn't get. It's certainly not worth a ton of money and it doesn't appear to be highly sought after, but it's still a cool piece and you can definitely make a decent profit.

That was Storage Wars Texas, and to be fair, the guy that found it is an ex-Dallas Cowboy, not a professional storage unit flipper. :lol:

#492 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

That was Storage Wars Texas, and to be fair, the guy that found it is an ex-Dallas Cowboy, not a professional storage unit flipper. :lol:

Oh damn, that's right, it was Storage Wars. I was thinking it was that pawn shop show with the bald guy for some reason. I watched a lot of television for a couple of days (I usually watch no more than an hour each day), so I guess all of the shows kinda blurred together. Heh. Thanks for the correction.

#493 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Found Ocarina of Time 3D mint complete for $20 at the will. Picked that up since the lowest I've seen it at retail is $30. Only other notable thing was a long box ps1 baseball game, should I have bought that? (I didn't check the price but knowing this store it was probably sub $5)

#494 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

Found Ocarina of Time 3D mint complete for $20 at the will. Picked that up since the lowest I've seen it at retail is $30. Only other notable thing was a long box ps1 baseball game, should I have bought that? (I didn't check the price but knowing this store it was probably sub $5)

If its the game I'm thinking of, no, you shouldn't have even at $4 unless you need a longbox to replace:lol:

#495 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Found a complete copy of Sunset Riders, Phantasy Star, and Mortal Kombat Trilogy (ouch - just found out the resale value of this game dropped - it was going for $30 on Nov 11) - all for $5.99 each @ goodwill.

Not sure if the phantasy star's cartridge works since I don't have a system to test it out.

If anybody interested in buying it, just pm or I just hold on to it until I find a system for cheap. I'm asking $15 shipped. If it works, paypal me $15. If it doesn't ship it back to me and leave me good feedback.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by postaboy, 15 April 2012 - 04:52 AM.

Lakers for Life!

#496 psynide

psynide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

went to my first thrift store after about a year.
found strategy guides for warcraft 2 and diablo 2 for .25 cents each.

http://i.imgur.com/vyUFY.jpg

bent corners on wc2, but not bad other than that.

There was the episode 1 pod racer game for the PC for 3.50. didnt know if it was worth it at that price so i left it there. any input?

Posted Image

#497 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

There was the episode 1 pod racer game for the PC for 3.50. didnt know if it was worth it at that price so i left it there. any input?

I played the shit out of that game when I was younger, it was a lot of fun back then. Looks like it goes for about $10 used on Amazon and there is only 1 copy on Ebay going for about $15 bucks so it wouldn't have been that bad of a pickup.

#498 psynide

psynide

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

I played the shit out of that game when I was younger, it was a lot of fun back then. Looks like it goes for about $10 used on Amazon and there is only 1 copy on Ebay going for about $15 bucks so it wouldn't have been that bad of a pickup.

it was just a small jewel case with the booklet rubber banded to it. no box or anything. i might go back tomorrow and pick it up.

Posted Image

#499 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Picked this up today for $6 at the local goodwill.

Posted Image

Good deal? It seemed like one at the time, but I am kind of having buyer's remorse. I don't have an original Xbox so I can't test it. Looks like I'll be sitting on it for a while.

#500 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I don't know what the actual value of the game is, but it's definitely not $10-$15. If it was worth that much, those copies would've been sold by now. BIN asking price isn't an accurate indicator of an item's worth.

#501 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I stopped at Goodwill on the way hom from work this evening and saw nothing worth giving a second glace at. I did see a copy of Pokemon Saphire in the jewelry case though with a $15.99 sticker on it. Seriously Goodwill, if that's what it comes down to, just shut down your retail operation, continue accepting donations, unload the valuable stuff on eBay and Amazon, and sell the junk in bulk, stop jerking people around with your insane prices.

#502 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

It's certainly not a flip, if that's what you're looking for. If you want to play it, then you have to determine the value yourself.

#503 jbroush99

jbroush99

Old Tickle Feathers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

The video game finds are far and few between at the Goodwills here recently. I used to find all kinds of great stuff 8-10 years ago (like a mint copy of Snatcher for $2.99), but that never happens anymore. The best find we had lately wasn't game related, but toy related for my son. One of the GWs here had a huge assortment of Rescue Heroes action figures for $0.99 each. We bought a dozen and my son hasn't been happier.

#504 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Posted Image

All complete in literally perfect condition. Those old Sega Posters are still in a couple of them. $34 for all (each game was priced differently) which is more than I normally pay for stuff but figured I would have to pay a ton more to get all complete online.

#505 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

wow nice!

#506 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Oh wow, those are gorgeous.

Posted Image

#507 stinkycat

stinkycat

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

I stopped at Goodwill today, and found a copy of Kid Icarus 3DS for $7.99. I bought it. There was also Rage for PC for $7.99 and some crappy PSP games for $7.99 that I didn't bu

#508 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'll take pics later, but yesterday I stopped at the gw and they had a ton of systems. Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 5800, SNES, PSX, Sega Genesis, and Sega Master System. Each system was marked for $35. I wanted the Sega Master System but it was too expensive.

They also had 12 Sega Master System games for 3.99 each. Games like Zillion, Alex Kidd, Afterburner, Shinobi, etc. All together if I wanted the SMS system and games, it would've costed me around $100 and I passed on it.

Instead I bought a bunch of Atari 2600 games. I overpaid for them easily at 3.99 each. Ms Pac Man, Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi.

I bought a bunch of Genesis games like Strider for 3.99 as well. Apparently my gw knows about games. They had a copy of Phantasy Star 2 and Phantasy Star 3 behind the counter for 7.99 each. I picked them up.

Lastly I picked up a near mint box of Atari Flashback 2 for $14.99 and I got a brand new Scene It dvd espn sports game for 1.99

#509 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

For $27 I got (complete unless noted)

Game cube:
Zelda twilight princess (case but no manual)
Crazy taxi
Mario tennis (which also had a smash bros disc in the case)
Mega man collection

Genesis:
Nba jam te
Sonic 1 (no manual)

Ps1:
RE3- nemesis (with Dino crisis demo, all in mint condition)

Good haul I would say.

#510 Scorpion

Scorpion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I stopped at a thrift store and found a snes super mario bros 3 and bought it for $2 ...Even though I do not own the system I figured it would be a nice collectible...