Found the following over the course of this week:
http://imgur.com/lCGSF
Resident Evil DC comes with RE2 Demo - $3
RE guide (never seen this one before) - $0.25

LEGO Starwars II - $1.50 Starwars Shadow of the Empire - $1.50
$4.99 each
http://imgur.com/RjsqM

http://imgur.com/oMuya
Got each for $0.29 each, all game label except Banjoo Tooie has some sort of discoloration.
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#32 TheAngryCAG

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Swung by a local thrift store and got something decent.

Picked up this remote control Wall-E for $2.50
Posted Image
Tested him out, works fine. He's a bit dirty, but will clean up just fine.

Also picked up a 3 Pack of N64 games (carts only) for $2.99
Starcraft 64
WWF No Mercy
The World is not Enough

#33 Theenternal

Theenternal

CAG got me pregnant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

as I scrolled down, I thought Wall-E was a R.O.B. for a split second. Which reminds me of this remote control batmobile that I saw at goodwill left it sitting while I went to check its value and someone else grabbed it :(. It was worth like 150-200.... another one i let someoen grab was a drum set that was worth 1200 on ebay for 200.

An important lesson I learned, is take it with you while you check the prices.
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.

#34 TheAngryCAG

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

as I scrolled down, I thought Wall-E was a R.O.B. for a split second. Which reminds me of this remote control batmobile that I saw at goodwill left it sitting while I went to check its value and someone else grabbed it :(. It was worth like 150-200.... another one i let someoen grab was a drum set that was worth 1200 on ebay for 200.

An important lesson I learned, is take it with you while you check the prices.

Yea. I've never lost out on anything that big before, but I have had it happen. I almost left Wall-E there, but decided to check the price. They sell for around $120 or so used, so I figured I'd take him for myself and if I ever need to, I can sell him. Sometimes I'm afraid that if I try to start buying more stuff, I'll end up being a hoarder

#35 wheels

wheels

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

I had a couple good finds this week and spent more than I should have:

-20 gb Xbox 360 (box and HDD only) for $50, and it works! has dashboard 2.0.5... on it (not sure if its worth a flip so i may use it as a second box in the bedroom)
-SNES mini model with 2 controllers, av , and power for $20, I'm stoked on this one, gonna keep it and sell my regular SNES
-SuperMario 2 NES with blue plastic case $3
-Hogan's Alley NES with blue plastic case and its the version with the famicom adapter inside! $3
probably gonna flip it since I have a gyromite with the adapter already

Posted Image

#36 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

another one i let someoen grab was a drum set that was worth 1200 on ebay for 200.

Do you remember anything about the drum set? I'm guessing it would more likely be an older vintage set with collector's value vs a newer set that is really nice that was donated. I wouldn't mind finding something besides the beginner type stuff I always run into that is worth about what they are asking even if it's in the 100-200 range :)

I don't think I've even seen a kid's drum set at the thrift stores around me lol
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#37 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Picked up an opened but still packaged Madcatz wired Xbox360 controller for $10. Been wanting a cheap wired controller for my laptop since Amazon has been having decent PC downloads on sale.

@wheels- I thought about doing the same thing when I got a mini SNES but then I found out it couldnt use my universal svideo cable. That was a problem for me so I kept the old model but made profit on the mini. But if you arent even gonna use svideo then it shouldnt be a hard choice.

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg==

https://www.plink.co...496565/aid/1264

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#38 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

Do you remember anything about the drum set? I'm guessing it would more likely be an older vintage set with collector's value vs a newer set that is really nice that was donated. I wouldn't mind finding something besides the beginner type stuff I always run into that is worth about what they are asking even if it's in the 100-200 range :)

I don't think I've even seen a kid's drum set at the thrift stores around me lol

I would guess it was a slingerland set.

#39 wheels

wheels

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

@juangrande386, is there much of a difference with s-video? I found an s-video nintendo cable not long ago but havent gotten around to trying it out yet. I should be able to make a decent profit flipping the mini if it comes to that.

#40 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

I need to hit up more goodwills and Thrift stores. I've had more luck at Pawn shops. Most of the goodwills are picked clean and the local thrift stores are pretty pricey. Sometimes the estate sale stores or consignment stores might have something

#41 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

I saw one of those super nintendo minis at an auction, but I didn't want to wait another 2 hours fro them to get to it.

#42 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

I saw a huge collection of Sega Mega Drive games the other day at Good Will, but nothing of any value. First time in a while I've seen anything video game related for a while.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#43 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

I saw one of those super nintendo minis at an auction, but I didn't want to wait another 2 hours fro them to get to it.

YMMV but when I see something I'm interested in at an auction I'll ask them to put it up for me so I don't have to wait up to a few hours, some places are good about that and will have it up within a matter of a few minutes if you ask politely.
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#44 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

YMMV but when I see something I'm interested in at an auction I'll ask them to put it up for me so I don't have to wait up to a few hours, some places are good about that and will have it up within a matter of a few minutes if you ask politely.

Yeah this was a 1st time auction. The guy was an auctioneer for years and he decided to open his own place. I got there an hour early to scope everything out and he ended up delaying the auction start time for 2 hours because he felt there was not enough people there.

I ended up buying some vintage star wars stuff, an amazing spiderman 14 (1st green goblin), and a couple of long boxes of comics. I did really well for the day, but it was so hot and slow, I just ended up leaving. There was a guy about my age who was also looking at it, so I figured he could have it, since he was overpaying for stuff all day.

I don't think he has had an auction since.

#45 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

@juangrande386, is there much of a difference with s-video? I found an s-video nintendo cable not long ago but havent gotten around to trying it out yet. I should be able to make a decent profit flipping the mini if it comes to that.

I hear its really the tv its plugged into. I think svideo is an improvement on my 42in hdtv. Others say its not much different.

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#46 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Found a SNES copy of Aerobiz: Supersonic at a local video store for $4.99. This same place prices Super Mario World and other games of the type for $20-$25. I'll take the hidden jems they don't know about for cheap, thank you.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#47 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:55 AM

Found a SNES copy of Aerobiz: Supersonic at a local video store for $4.99. This same place prices Super Mario World and other games of the type for $20-$25. I'll take the hidden jems they don't know about for cheap, thank you.

Hidden Jems? Don't tell the Misfits...

#48 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Posted Image

Office and Beatles - $3.99 each at Savers
GTO -$12.99 at another Savers

#49 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

Office and Beatles - $3.99 each at Savers
GTO -$12.99 at another Savers

Nice GTO pickup. I loved that series. Very good stuff there.

#50 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Picked up the following today at a local pawn shop:
Posted Image -- $3
Posted Image -- $5, remember this was somewhat rare, so decided to pick it up
Posted Image -- $10, heard a lot about this game, finally got to own a (black) label copy of it.
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#51 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

haha okay i think crazy Goodwill is on crack.

cartridge only Banjo Kazooie- $20
cartridge only DK Country- $13
2 dirty SNES controllers- $15 sticker on each, thrown on top of the pile of $4 controllers for other systems.

#52 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

Here's what I don't get about Goodwill. Their whole thing is about "supporting the mission" and they hang their hats on finding jobs for homeless and hard-luck people...you know, the ones that need the job. Yet I go into the two or three by my house, and it's nothing but high schoolers working. I must be missing something. That and the whole overpricing of anything electronic.

#53 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Here's what I don't get about Goodwill. Their whole thing is about "supporting the mission" and they hang their hats on finding jobs for homeless and hard-luck people...you know, the ones that need the job. Yet I go into the two or three by my house, and it's nothing but high schoolers working. I must be missing something. That and the whole overpricing of anything electronic.

At the GWs around here, they keep the special needs people in the back, to sort or go out and get donation drop-offs and whatnot.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#54 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:42 AM

At the GWs around here, they keep the special needs people in the back, to sort or go out and get donation drop-offs and whatnot.

Yep, that's how they do it. The handicapped people they give jobs to all work in the back.

#55 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

That and the whole overpricing of anything electronic.

That's the way most of the Salvation Army stores are around here. The only one that doesn't seem to really overprice most gaming stuff is the one I found the scratched up GTA IV at last week for $5.

Most hilarious pricing I ever saw at a thrift store for games though HAD to be the one Ithaca(NY) area Salvation Army. They had a handful of PS3 games in(Resident Evil 5, Resistance, etc) and not a single one of them was under $19.99 in price.:shock:

I bet if I went back there tomorrow they probably STILL have those games sitting there.

Their DVD/CD prices weren't much better either.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#56 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

Yep, that's how they do it. The handicapped people they give jobs to all work in the back.

Guess that explains how they come up with these prices on this junk! Ba-zing!

Fuck goodwill. I mean, I'm sure they do good and donate to the community and all, but it's been probably a year since I've seen anything reasonably priced there. Im sure clothes and stuff are fine but almost anything else there is priced the same as or more than most other stores that are for profit.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#57 Appleinthetree

Appleinthetree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

I was able to secure a brand new carters' baby outfit for $5.00 at a local thrift shop near me with the original tags plus the thrift shops tags. I purchased it yesterday and everything in the store was 50% off for MLK day. I looked up the outfit when I got home and found out it retailed for $12.99 on amazon! Great success! Ideally, I'd like to find an old working SNES and some games to go along with it. I've seen some finds in this thread and the 2011 thread that are quite amazing. I've never actually gotten into thrift shopping, but I believe I'm becoming addicted.

#58 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I was able to secure a brand new carters' baby outfit for $5.00 at a local thrift shop near me with the original tags plus the thrift shops tags. I purchased it yesterday and everything in the store was 50% off for MLK day. I looked up the outfit when I got home and found out it retailed for $12.99 on amazon! Great success! Ideally, I'd like to find an old working SNES and some games to go along with it. I've seen some finds in this thread and the 2011 thread that are quite amazing. I've never actually gotten into thrift shopping, but I believe I'm becoming addicted.

Thrift store deal hunting is absolutely incredible, though you definitely have to watch where you sit sometimes in these stores.

I decided to jokingly sit down on one of those old school type school desks that they had received at the one further off store.

While I was trying to get the attention of my friend I was there with, a bunch of tiny lil red spiders started crawling out from underneath the desk portion of the chair. I'd never jumped up from anywhere so quick in my life.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#59 Theenternal

Theenternal

CAG got me pregnant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Here's my grade book for thrift stores. I know results may vary based on area, but this should be general overview. Also until I actually looked, I thought we only had 2 thrift stores in my area, we actually have about 20.

(F) Insert Name's Thirft Store, Usually run by two types of women. One that collects bric a brac/ knickknacks/ various figurine trinkets as well as old old overpriced junk. Like a Pentium II 466 mhz computer with a yellow monitor for 500 dollars. The other type, a on the cusp of being a hipster but too old woman that has various higher end items at high prices. You could likely see a Nintendo/Super Nintendo for sale with a Mario title inside. This too would also be overpriced because it has been hipsterized. These are worth going into once or if you are bored, twice a year.

© Goodwill, these are everywhere. Usually the size of a small supermarket (big for a thift store) these are best if you are looking for clothes. They have a very high turnaround of inventory. So you are looking for games, etc, you gotta get them within an hour or two of of being put on the shelves. The goodwill here routinely has a line outside every morning. With the exception of the line, this has been the same experience that I have gotten at every single one in other areas.

(C+) Salvation Army, Similar to goodwill but with more ghetto inventory. This could be because of the various discounts that people can get. Seniors, Students, Government employees, (Wednesday)

(B+) Hospice, This place in my opinion benefits from having a specific cause. I assume companies can get tax breaks from donating here, as I see various dumps of specific types of items. Motorcycle Gear, Old Dell/HP's with desks. This place also gets a lot of antiques, maybe from families/people under hospice donating there own items. This place is more expensive on their clothing and antiques, but has a general price for games 1.99. This likely keeps a lot of ghetto people from going, as I normally just see old people and hipsters buying clothes.

(A-) Humane Society, Also imo benefits from having a specific cause. The one here has a old man that comes in every now and then and rights them a donation check sometimes of upwards of 35,000. Many Animal lovers come here for pet supplies and thus also make their donations here. A lot of nice items come in usually from people clearing out their house.
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.

#60 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

TheEternal, I was in Gainseville over the weekend. May have tore in to your Humane Society thrift stores PS2 section a bit :P

Pretty decent prices there, and a decent selection. I'm in St. Augustine, and between here and Jax your HS thrifts and GW descriptions should be switched, never see games at the HS thrift but the St. Augustine goodwill always has some pretty decent stuff. Insert Name stores are also way better then you describe here, more like a C+ or B-.

Posted Image