Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#1411 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Walked into a random thrift store today and found an xbox360 slim console for $20.

It had no cables or hard drive so I took it to my friend's house and used his cables to test it. The console ran perfectly and when I ejected the disc drive it had Modern Warfare 3 in it. :D!!!!

Edit: Btw does anybody know where I can get a power cable for this thing for cheap?
Posted Image

#1412 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Wonder how gave away that and MW3. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1413 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

I'm jealous if you get ANY cabinet for $60.00. I've been watching a few around me and they're never less than 500-600 which is way too much for me to get.

Ever searched for or gone to an arcade auction? They hold one bi-monthly in Winston-Salem, NC and they usually end up giving away fully functional cabinets at the end - they're impractically large cabinets, though. For instance, they gave away a Jurassic Park III machine last time. My company bought a multi-cade machine for our office with 320 games (CAVE shooters, beat-em-ups, and fighters only) for $275.

#1414 kobun

kobun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Its been a while since i found something decent at the goodwill. But today was good.

found this
Posted Image
Final Fantasy III
Zelda
Mario World
Killer Instanct
Mario Kart
Sim City

Each one was 1.99

#1415 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

Its been a while since i found something decent at the goodwill. But today was good.

found this

Final Fantasy III
Zelda
Mario World
Killer Instanct
Mario Kart
Sim City

Each one was 1.99

Jackpot. I wonder if they were donated due to dead batteries. I have 3 LTTPs that all need a new battery. Just dont have the time to get that done.
If its free, its for me!!

#1416 kobun

kobun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

Jackpot. I wonder if they were donated due to dead batteries. I have 3 LTTPs that all need a new battery. Just dont have the time to get that done.

Just tested, they all worked, and had working saves.

replacing dead batteries on games is easy. I ve done about 10 or so pokemon games all soldered, which is the correct way to replace them..

#1417 GbHaseo

GbHaseo

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

My Xbox broke last week, so I started calling around to places to find a new one. Found a mom and pop store in a nearby town that was a day away from closing it's doors for good and got a brand new LE Halo:Reach Xbox with the 250GB HD for only $150.

I don't really care about Halo, but my buddy is a huge fan and was so mad the console was wasted on me lol. They had so many amazing deals, and almost all of their game stuff was still there. I didn't have any more money though :( They even gave me a few various PSP travel cases for free.

#1418 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Ever searched for or gone to an arcade auction? They hold one bi-monthly in Winston-Salem, NC and they usually end up giving away fully functional cabinets at the end - they're impractically large cabinets, though. For instance, they gave away a Jurassic Park III machine last time. My company bought a multi-cade machine for our office with 320 games (CAVE shooters, beat-em-ups, and fighters only) for $275.

There's not much near me far as that kind of stuff is concerned. I think the closest one I've seen near my area is like 2 hours away, so that's kind of out of the question.

#1419 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, it's a beat em up. I haven't made it very far in it; I loved Final Fight when I was a kid though. My brother and I got the Super Nintendo soon after it came out and that was the game he picked to get with it. It's still hard for me to beat too; I've only done it a few times.

Most beat em ups are hard as hell, especially for me as I've gotten older. Couldn't tell you why, maybe because I don't choose to play on easy now haha.

AvP I just remember it being awesome with all the weapons and the different shit you got to kill. And I feel like it was a decent length at that.

#1420 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Saw a good condition copy of Rollcage for PSone at Goodwill for $2.00 I was tempted to buy. Loved it as a Wipeout spinoff back in the day, but knew that I would probably never end up playing it anyways. That seems to happen most of I time I see a good but not great game at GW.

#1421 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Viewtiful Joe-$3, game case booklet (why wouldnt I have a Gamecube game again :p)

Portal 2 Xbox 360-$4, I think Goodwill actually opened it. No plastic wrap but an unripped Xbox sticker over the spine.

Disney Universe- Same as P2.

I have P2 on Steam and I would never play DU, looks like a $22.70 Amazon trade for the 360 games. Viewtiful Joe is goin on the shelf.

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg==

https://www.plink.co...496565/aid/1264

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1422 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Most things from the summer:

Posted Image

$0.75 each at little thrift down the street. All complete. Never much there but when there is stuff it's SUPER cheap.

Posted Image

$0.09 story below

Spoiler

Posted Image

Spyro: year of the dragon - $1.99
Everything else in the little case - $9.99

Posted Image

Risk - $1.99
Mario Guide - $0.29

Posted Image

Just Dance Kids 2 - $1.99 (cashier thought it was a DVD I think)
All other games $3.99 (the one with the glare is Castlevania)
Pokedex - $1.99

Posted Image

$5.99 - needed a little cleaning up but works fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

$9 - at a consignment shop

I'm sure I forgot a few things but that was the good stuff as far as I can remember.

#1423 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

$9 - at a consignment shop

I'm sure I forgot a few things but that was the good stuff as far as I can remember.

I started thinking about how I'd murder you for the Sega CD and lethal enforcers, but then that led me down a weird train of thought about mugging people for their games. 0_o

edit: thanks to you I have a couple CIB lethal enforcers on my ebay watch list now. >.<

Edited by SnesGuy, 25 September 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#1424 Ironman8

Ironman8

Nuka-Cola drinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

:360: Kane and Lynch 2 $1.99 at Salvation Army. Hadn't been priced by the "crazy prices lady". Cashier rang it up DVD.

#1425 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

I had that Sega CD Lethal Enforcers set until about 3 years ago... fun game.
www.vg-force.com

#1426 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

goldfly, you may want to lock in those disc only ps1 games and n64 games on AZ. You should get $21 each for oddworld, 007,castlevania, Crash, etc. Hmm, that lethal enforcers looks familiar...

#1427 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Went to two local thrift stores I never go to yesterday and scored!

Posted Image

$4 each.. never even heard of these games, but couldn't resist myself since they were all CIB

Posted Image

Sega genesis games = $4 each, all CIB
Wii Goldeneye = $5 sealed NIB
PS1 Crash Bandicoot Warped= $2 CIB

also saw a bunch of gamecubes for $15

EDIT:
wow the trade in value on amazon for crash is $30, might have to do that

#1428 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image

$4 each.. never even heard of these games, but couldn't resist myself since they were all CIB

Posted Image

Sega genesis games = $4 each, all CIB
PS1 Crash Bandicoot Warped= $2 CIB

also saw a bunch of gamecubes for $15

EDIT:
wow the trade in value on amazon for crash is $30, might have to do that

I actually just got a players guide for Crash Bandicoot Warped at my thrift store. lol.

#1429 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

harvest moon back to nature complete ps1 - $1

#1430 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Not exactly a thrift but went to People Play Games in Chicago today. AMAZING store. Picked up some solid deals:

Silhouette Mirage (ps1): 15.99
Shenmue 2 (Xbox): 7.99
Sonic Pocket Adventure (Neo Geo Pocket Color): 5.99
Bonks Adventure (Turbografx) 10.99
Bloody Wolf (Turbografx) 11.99

I was happy with the prices.
www.vg-force.com

#1431 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

goldfly, you may want to lock in those disc only ps1 games and n64 games on AZ. You should get $21 each for oddworld, 007,castlevania, Crash, etc. Hmm, that lethal enforcers looks familiar...

Thank you! What in the world is going on with these trade in values? They were just giving out $21 in credit for NHL 12 right before 13 came out. I don't understand how it's used and new starting at $4 and trade-in credit is $21 disc only for Oddworld. Can anyone explain this?

#1432 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

Posted Image

Though I understand if you weren't around then, but both 720 and Marble Madness were awesome arcade games, such quarter guzzlers. MM would probably be just as fun today as it was then, though 720 is a bit outdated.

Also, great price on Goldeneye, my GWs / Savers never seem to have any current gen games, the fact you found one sealed is all the more impressive.

#1433 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Though I understand if you weren't around then, but both 720 and Marble Madness were awesome arcade games, such quarter guzzlers. MM would probably be just as fun today as it was then, though 720 is a bit outdated.

Also, great price on Goldeneye, my GWs / Savers never seem to have any current gen games, the fact you found one sealed is all the more impressive.

Also, 720 doesn't quite work as well on the home console, as it lacks the rotary stick that the arcade version had.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1434 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

I hated those bees in 720.
If its free, its for me!!

#1435 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:23 AM

Not exactly a thrift but went to People Play Games in Chicago today. AMAZING store. Picked up some solid deals:

cool store for sure. i was there last thursday. however, their prices are CRAZY high for "rare" and popular games.

#1436 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:30 AM

Ya, they are. Hagane at 349.99. But middle of the road rarity and less popular systems are well priced.
www.vg-force.com

#1437 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

cool store for sure. i was there last thursday. however, their prices are CRAZY high for "rare" and popular games.

I like that place too. I was in there last Tuesday. But you are absolutely right, they prices are freaking insane for anything rare or really popular. They have a copy of Panzar Dragoon Saga for $300, and the Zelda NES games are pretty pricey too.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#1438 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Just back from my local Goodwill.

Picked up a cart only of Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour on the GBC for $1.97.

Passed on Hello Kitty Party for the DS for $2.97, some old sports titles and a sealed THQ Kinect game (didn't even bother looking at it.)
Posted Image

#1439 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Just back from my local Goodwill.

Picked up a cart only of Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour on the GBC for $1.97.

Passed on Hello Kitty Party for the DS for $2.97, some old sports titles and a sealed THQ Kinect game (didn't even bother looking at it.)

Shamokin dam goodwill? they have games less than 18? AND NOT MADDON?!?

Posted Image

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1440 TheHeef

TheHeef

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

I've always been curious about that place, but I live just far enough outside of the Chi that it would count as a pilgrimage to go up there.
Flammable! Or, inflammable. Forget which. Doesn't matter!