Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#1501 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Went to my local goodwill for the first time due to looking at this thread to find that they dont have any video games there.

#1502 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Went to my local goodwill for the first time due to looking at this thread to find that they dont have any video games there.

As with all thrift stores, it is hit or miss. At my goodwill, there will be nothing for a month, then all of a sudden 50+ games (all of which overpriced junk, but it is something)

#1503 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

You just need to check once in a while. You can't expect find the motherload by checking once. Haha. You might find a game or two next time. Maybe moar. It's just persistence that matters.

Most Goodwills and Thrifts aren't usually like the ones the others attend to. Reasonable pricing and all.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1504 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

Too be fair, the SNES sound like somebody dumped gravel into it; lots of rattling going on in there. It powers on, but I haven't bothered hooking it up to the TV to test it yet.

Part of me would want to open it to clean it out, but I swear I remember seeing pictures of someone opening an old game console to clean out rattling noises and finding a ton of bug carapaces inside.

#1505 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Part of me would want to open it to clean it out, but I swear I remember seeing pictures of someone opening an old game console to clean out rattling noises and finding a ton of bug carapaces inside.

I'll pop it open once (if) I find my screwdriver bit. With my luck, it will be loaded with dead roaches or something.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#1506 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

I got an Atari Jaguar at a yard sale once that was 100% submerged in water in a rubbermaid container. I just opened it up and cleaned it and let it dry out and it was full of dead roaches *barf*

#1507 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

You fool!
That's the only way to contain the Jaguar beast!
By removing it from the purifying water and cleaning out the guardian roaches, you've doomed us all!

#1508 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

I got an Atari Jaguar at a yard sale once that was 100% submerged in water in a rubbermaid container. I just opened it up and cleaned it and let it dry out and it was full of dead roaches *barf*

I bet you sold it for $300 then, right? All you had to do was bundle in a rolex?

#1509 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

During the best buy 100% trade in ive been hitting the pawn shops in Memphis. Specially the Ez pawn shops. All games are $10 and 15$
From there I have picked up
1. Mario 3d land $8
2. Uncharted vita $10
3. Mw3 for ps3 and Xbox $15
4. Star wars kinect $10
5. Arkham city 5$
6. Mortal kombat 9 $2 new with code
I have picked up many more. Sometimes they don't even know what thy are selling.

#1510 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

I bet you sold it for $300 then, right? All you had to do was bundle in a rolex?

hahaha! :applause: 'm sure this is referring the the yard sale thread.

#1511 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

During the best buy 100% trade in ive been hitting the pawn shops in Memphis. Specially the Ez pawn shops. All games are $10 and 15$
From there I have picked up
1. Mario 3d land $8
2. Uncharted vita $10
3. Mw3 for ps3 and Xbox $15
4. Star wars kinect $10
5. Arkham city 5$
6. Mortal kombat 9 $2 new with code
I have picked up many more. Sometimes they don't even know what thy are selling.

I wish I had pawn shops like that around here.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1512 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Picked up Zelda 3ds for 8$. Love this pawn shop

#1513 BCap

BCap

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Several days ago, I went to a thrift store in College Park (I think it's the ONLY thrift store in CP), and they sell video games (mostly just consoles - PS2s, Xboxes, GameCubes, Dreamcasts, plus controllers for N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS2, and Xbox). I managed to snag a working Game Boy Pocket for $7 (and it even had the battery cover)! Granted, the directional pad is shifting around in its socket, but hey, it still works!

#1514 te619

te619

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

I got these for $2 each at Goodwill. Their prices have been so random lately, so I was happy to see these at a decent price.

Posted Image

#1515 Akio

Akio

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Just picked up a Alienware TactX mouse for 4 dollars at thrift store.

#1516 DarkClown12

DarkClown12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Just picked up a non-hdmi 360 at my local goodwill for 17.50, console only. Works just fine was kind of suprised since it an 06 model.

#1517 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Picked up Kingdom Hearts (PS2) and Blood Omen 2 (PS2) for $4 each at goodwill. Both black labels, but no manuals :(

#1518 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

found this at goodwill for $8 lol.

Posted Image
Lakers for Life!

#1519 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

^ I wish I found stuff like this at my local Goodwills...

#1520 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

is there some rule that every goodwill on the planet has to have a copy of RBI Baseball for Sega Genesis?

#1521 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

I've never seen it, so I'm going with no.

#1522 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hit Savers this morning and found a copy of the Neverhood for PC. 1.99. I was happy with that, game has some value, easy flip. I only know that because I passed on a big box version for 1.00 earlier this year and later looked it up...
www.vg-force.com

#1523 kobun

kobun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

I found a Brand New sealed Players Choice Super Mario Sunshine. - 3.99

Hmm i already have black label sunshine, dont know if should wait before i put it up for sale...

Generation 1 headmasters Snap dragon- 1.29

#1524 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hit Savers this morning and found a copy of the Neverhood for PC. 1.99. I was happy with that, game has some value, easy flip. I only know that because I passed on a big box version for 1.00 earlier this year and later looked it up...

Every copy of that I have ever had has sold for $35 or more within days of listing - and those were all disc only. I'd love to find a complete in box version of the game.

#1525 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I really need a lesson in PC games. They were all worthless for 10 years, now all of a sudden there are good ones.

#1526 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

I always pass on pc but just happened to know this one. This is disc and manual only,
aw the cib one earlier this year and passed not knowing what it was.
www.vg-force.com

#1527 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I really need a lesson in PC games. They were all worthless for 10 years, now all of a sudden there are good ones.

Me too. Although I likely wouldn't buy PC games even if I saw rarer ones, since I don't do eBay at all and that seems to be where you have to sell them.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1528 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

I remember when Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga used to go for $200+ even if it was discs only due to its rarity. Now I would be lucky to get $40-80 for a complete copy on eBay going by the completed listings of ones that have sold lately.

New sig coming soon.

#1529 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

I remember when Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga used to go for $200+ even if it was discs only due to its rarity. Now I would be lucky to get $40-80 for a complete copy on eBay going by the completed listings of ones that have sold lately.

I sold a copy disks in the case for $70 last year. The price was going down at that point - it looks like it's going up a little now.

#1530 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

PC games are back in vogue right now. Plus a lot of the kids who grew up with CD-Rom PC games are now old enough to be nostalgic for those titles. There is a TON of valuable PC stuff out there and pretty much everyone thinks it is worthless. It is well worth the time to research the platform.