Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#1531 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Went to Goodwill after work since its right down the road, tons of people in there! Not a whole lot there, looked like they cleaned the shelves.

I picked up GTA San Andreas PS2 Black Label and Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic Xbox- $3 apiece

First original Xbox game I can remember buying in maybe a couple years.

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg==

https://www.plink.co...496565/aid/1264

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1532 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hahaha a Dreamcast with 2 controllers for $75 no thanks

#1533 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Lots of vendors at New York Comic Con this weekend selling vintage games. Most were hilariously overpriced (console only Sega Master System for $100? Not on this planet). There were a lot of more reasonable vendors however, selling NES, SNES, and PS1 era stuff at prices at or below market value. The only thing I ended up with was a complete Non-Greatest Hits Twisted Metal 2 for PS1 for $10, which is an average price.

#1534 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Why even pay the $50 admission anyway if you're only going to end up paying so much money for this stuff?

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#1535 Optic_ghost

Optic_ghost

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

I hit up one of the local thrift stores late last week, and on the way out I noticed a stray 6 button pad behind the counter, lying on the floor with no wires attached. Being a curious person, I inquired about it and had the salesperson root around the area for the seemingly missing sensor unit for the Genesis. Come to find out it was thrown in with a Sega CD and Genesis lot they had concocted for the low, low price of $50.95. I was going to walk away, but the manager asked me what price it would take for me to pop on the lot and we met at $30.00 + taxes for the console set, wireless controller + receiver, all Sega CD base plates & screws, and a cib copy of Shadowrun that I almost walked by. Its not the best haul Ive had from the thrifts, but the game and controller work wonderfully and I eventually got the Sega CD to work after I boiled the rubber mounts for the CD lens assembly. The genesis power ups, but seems to be fickle when reading games so I plan to sell that along with a broken Sega CD I have laying around to house to help recoup some of the money I spent. I'm happy, and finally have a working Sega CD. :D

Posted Image

Edited by Optic_ghost, 16 October 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#1536 stiner

stiner

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

A Savers opened up near me about a month ago, had no idea until I saw a billboard the other day. Walked in and found these:
Spoiler

Found the rest of these at goodwill over the past few week.
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1537 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Oh, Jet Moto...I wish they hadn't handed that off to inferior developers for the third game. I understand that they couldn't use SingleTrac anymore, but damn...

#1538 PKGarep

PKGarep

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Okay, so today I was at a Goodwill I frequent a lot. They always have a game or two and they were having a sale, so I decided to go inside. Turned out they had quite a bit of games, but most of it was shovelware PS2 games and a few SNES sports titles. But something caught my eye.

I saw a really large box for a SNES game sitting in the back of the store where the glassware is. I thought to my self, "Oh my god, could this be Earthbound?". When I approached it, it turned out to be something called "Super Bomberman Party Pack". I've never seen this exact game before, so I opened the box and there was just junk inside. Just a pack of unrelated light bulbs and some paper. Though, I saw a black cable and the manual. But no cartridge inside. As soon as I got home I went on Ebay and searched for the game. Turns out, there's only one current auction on the game. And it's priced at $160.

Should I go back and buy the box itself and maybe find the peripherals and cartridge on Ebay or Amazon? I'm nearly tempted to go to Goodwill first thing in the morning to buy the box. I just wanted to check with you guys first.

Edited by PKGarep, 18 October 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#1539 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Okay, so today I was at a Goodwill I frequent a lot. They always have a game or two and they were having a sale, so I decided to go inside. Turned out they had quite a bit of games, but most of it was shovelware PS2 games and a few SNES sports titles. But something caught my eye.

I saw a really large box for a SNES game sitting in the back of the store where the glassware is. I thought to my self, "Oh my god, could this be Earthbound?". When I approached it, it turned out to be something called "Super Bomberman Party Pack". I've never seen this exact game before, so I opened the box and there was just junk inside. Just a pack of unrelated light bulbs and some paper. Though, I saw a black cable and the manual. But no cartridge inside. As soon as I got home I went on Ebay and searched for the game. Turns out, there's only one current auction on the game. And it's priced at $160.

Should I go back and buy the box itself and maybe find the peripherals and cartridge on Ebay or Amazon? I'm nearly tempted to go to Goodwill first thing in the morning to buy the box. I just wanted to check with you guys first.

I guess it depends on how much the box is, I would probably grab it for a reasonable price

#1540 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Contra Legacy of War PS1- $3

Onimusha Warlords PS2- $3

NES controller- $2

Purple GBA, no batter cover- $2

2 copies of WWE 12 for Wii- $4 apiece, already traded to Amazon for $27!!!

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1541 kobun

kobun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for the tip for neverhood. I got the psx game for .50 cents, and neverhood for free because it didn't have the jewel case.. good deal..

no pics but i got 5 sealed Pokemon black and white pre made stater decks for 4 bucks at the goodwill...

Posted Image

#1542 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

A Savers opened up near me about a month ago, had no idea until I saw a billboard the other day. Walked in and found these:

Spoiler

those would be priced at close to market value around here. it sucks. once in awhile i can find something good
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#1543 stiner

stiner

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, I saw them and figured they were going to be expensive. When I saw the tag I had to check it three times before I believed the price was real.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1544 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

those would be priced at close to market value around here. it sucks. once in awhile i can find something good

Yup, Savers here would have all those games behind the jewlery counter with $24.99 price tags on them, and they'd sit there for three months before getting shipped to a different store or tossed in the dumpster. The Savers closest to me has had the same copy of Mario / Duck Hunt on the shelf with a $14.99 price tag on it for months now.

#1545 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Picked up Shenmue II for Xbox and Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland for PS2 at goodwill for $4 each yesterday. Not great deals but they were the first things I've ever seen at my goodwill that weren't just sports games. They actually had a lot of common titles for Xbox that were all in IMMACULATE condition. Unfortunately it was pretty common stuff that was worth about the $4 they were charging :/

Oh and I hit a church rummage sale and found a furby for $.50 I'm just hoarding these stupid things now XD

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600

#1546 Nightfox31

Nightfox31

Aya Brea Lover

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

At Good will ths past weekend I picked up to sealed PC games for $2.00 a piece:
Dark Messiah: Might and Magic Limited edition
Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion: Storms of Zehir (Already sold on Amazon for $25)
Now Playing:
Posted Image Ghostbusters
Posted Image Castlevania Chronicles
:ps2: Futurama
Posted Image The Lost Vikings
Posted Image
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292177

#1547 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

delete

Edited by KtMack23, 22 October 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#1548 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I almost didn't go out to goodwill yesterday, glad I did.
Posted Image
Fire Emblem GBA Complete near mint! $2
Dweebs Geeks and Weirdos $2 (I plan on selling this, cheapest one on Amazon is around $48)
NBA JAM and TE $1 Each
Spyro Year of the Dragon black label complete $2
Screen protector for my phone $3

#1549 SnesGuy

SnesGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

Oh and I hit a church rummage sale and found a furby for $.50 I'm just hoarding these stupid things now XD

I found a boxed furby a while back for $1. lol.

#1550 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Had a decent Goodwill shopping trip last weekend, picked up the following:

:gc: Lego Star Wars II: Original Trilogy, $1.50
Model 2 Genesis with 1 generic 6 button controller, AC adapter and A/V RF hook ups, $6.50
Electronic Catchphrase, 1st Edition $0.75

I was mostly stoked about finding Catchphrase, which was mistakenly put in the kids toy section rather than the board game section. Debating on whether or not I should keep the genesis unit, as I don't have any games to test it with (LED comes on though), sold all my genesis games long ago.

#1551 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

See a stack of Gameboy games in the case- Super Mario Land, Dr Mario, Double Dragon, some others. Asked to see them......$8 apiece! I said "HELL NO!" But what did I find further down in the case, $4 Pokemon Leaf Green cartridge, its a real copy and the save works just fine.

#1552 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Went to my local good will yesterday to find out that they raised prices of games to $5 :cry:

But I saw these and couldn't pass them up

Posted Image

All CIB except metroid which is in a ps2 case for some reason and missing manual

#1553 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Went to my local good will yesterday to find out that they raised prices of games to $5 :cry:

But I saw these and couldn't pass them up

All CIB except metroid which is in a ps2 case for some reason and missing manual

One of the Goodwills I stop by raised their base price to $8 for all games, which means I only go there on the 1/2 off sales. Awesome finds in your lot, even at the $5 price.

#1554 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Ya, Dark Alliance 2 is worth what you paid for all of them on its own...

Grabbed Mario Kart 64 for $5.99. They also had Mario 64 for the same price but a little too much to be worth flipping. Borderline but meh, I already have it. Mario Kart I didn't have actually but I refused to pay eBay prices, I knew it was common enough that I would eventually stumble on one.
www.vg-force.com

#1555 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Found this at goodwill today for $4. Great condition. I can't find anything exactly like it though. Anyone have any knowledge??

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28651

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28652

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"

#1556 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

Found this at goodwill today for $4. Great condition. I can't find anything exactly like it though. Anyone have any knowledge??
images removed

Only ting I can find is the one for the Majora's mask collector's edition and this does not match the image of that, nor idoes it appear to be the 2 disc version available from Nintendo Power.

Import?

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1557 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Only ting I can find is the one for the Majora's mask collector's edition and this does not match the image of that, nor idoes it appear to be the 2 disc version available from Nintendo Power.

Import?

Thanks for looking, I actually did find this eventually though
http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B006R3CA3Y

About the only thing I can find on it. Hopefully someone will come along who knows exactly what it is :D

#1558 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

according to that link it is the one from nintendo power

Tradelist   (Nintendo / Sony)  (Disclaimer for Paypal:  I will not send gift payment as this is a violation of  both CAG and Paypal ToS, Rules, UA et cetera, nor will I cover the fees, unless it is one  of Paypal's exceptions {e.g. Repayment of a purchase made for me.})

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#1559 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

according to that link it is the one from nintendo power

Yeah it says its the 1 disc one. The image and the track listings match up so I guess that's it.

#1560 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Yeah it says its the 1 disc one. The image and the track listings match up so I guess that's it.

Still a cool find

Designed by Lilchiji