Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#1591 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Not a bad day today. I found a CIB super gameboy for $8, nhl 93 snes CIB $1, wrestlemania arcade game snes CIB $1, super beach vollyball snes CIB $1, super r type $5, and a red ps3 controller for $20.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#1592 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

Went to Salvation Army today and they had a 50% off storewide sale. Found myself a sealed version of Othello, Rave Master v. 1. Got Angels and Demons cause I was giving my copy to my cousin. Though The Matrix and Philosophy would be an interesting read.

Saw they had an Xbox priced at $50. D:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1593 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Though The Matrix and Philosophy would be an interesting read.

If it's from the same series as the "Zelda and Philosophy" book, it's probably way more boring than it would seem. I tried to read the Zelda book but it was overly academic and it seemed like the authors were really stretching to hit their points. I think I stopped reading after the third chapter.

#1594 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

If it's from the same series as the "Zelda and Philosophy" book, it's probably way more boring than it would seem. I tried to read the Zelda book but it was overly academic and it seemed like the authors were really stretching to hit their points. I think I stopped reading after the third chapter.

Zelda and Philosophy? :lol: I don't think that would really make sense. The Matrix and Philosophy has it right and what not, talking about the Oracle, etc. I wonder if the Batman and Philosophy would be a good read.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1595 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Picked up Halo 4 at the Goodwill I work at today for $29.99. Only thing wrong with it is one of the clasps that holds the 2nd disc flap is broken big deal. Pretty happy about it, my co-workers all wanted it but since I got off first I was the one who bought it.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#1596 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Nothing great this weekend, though I did pick up the following:

PSone: Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (GH version), $1.50

:wii: New Carnival Games, $2.50

I'm going to trade in the crappy carnival games for $8 BBY credit. After replaying Crash since my original run over 10 years ago, I forgot how fun they can be, so it was a good enough trip by itself.

#1597 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Picked up a brand new copy of Kinect Rush for $1. It was a Target salvage, not priced and placed with the DVDs which are normally $1, so that's what I was charged.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1598 TheBigAndy

TheBigAndy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

I started to look at games at pawn shops in my town ( I had never even shopped at one until last week, here is what I found so far....

Black Long Box PS1 Doom $10
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2 Black lable $10
Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 Steelbook $10
Legend Of Zelda Majoras Mask N64 $5 (my best game find)
South Park N64 $5

And my best find of the week
Logitech Harmony 1100 - $44.99

#1599 lude21

lude21

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Gameboy color gameshark $2.99

#1600 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Just grabbed this for $7. It's the rarer soundtrack version. Oh, it's also sealed. Woohoo!!

Posted Image

#1601 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

Splinter cell chaos theory steel book w/ both discs (xbox) - $3
Counter-strike (xbox) - $1
Mega man 3 (NES) - $4
Jungle Strike (SNES) - $1
Jungle Book (Game Gear) - SEALED - $4 .. Thought I had a semi-good find, only to go home and find out that they are selling NIB on ebay for like $5

007 Goldeneye guide for N64 - $2

#1602 lude21

lude21

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Just grabbed this for $7. It's the rarer soundtrack version. Oh, it's also sealed. Woohoo!!

Posted Image

Wow nice find! One sealed copy recently sold for $50, but I think you can get more than that for it. A used copy sold for $70 just before that, go figure, lol.

#1603 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Wow nice find! One sealed copy recently sold for $50, but I think you can get more than that for it. A used copy sold for $70 just before that, go figure, lol.

Yeah, I threw it up on eBay for a ridiculously high amount with offers so hopefully someone bites. The soundtrack one used seems to hover around $70 so I'm not sure what premium a sealed one commands. We'll see.

#1604 lude21

lude21

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Dam!! $125.99!! You thief!! Lol j/k hope it sells for ya! I can't talk cuz I recently sold a ps2 codebreaker disc for $130 on ebay, I paid 50 cents for it, lol.

#1605 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Dam!! $125.99!! You thief!! Lol j/k hope it sells for ya! I can't talk cuz I recently sold a ps2 codebreaker disc for $130 on ebay, I paid 50 cents for it, lol.

I doubt it'll sell for that much but we'll see what happens

#1606 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I checked ebay because they were saying about this game, so i wondered about that dirty harry game I saw awhile back a cib sold for 25 a few weeks ago >.> it was $5..... I knew I should of grabbed it.

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1607 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Found this without the game...luckily I have the game with just the jewel case. Did I reunite two halves of the long lost whole?

Posted Image

Also picked picked up Crash 2 with the lenticular cover. Does anyone know if that also came with a manual?

#1608 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

And my best find of the week
Logitech Harmony 1100 - $44.99

Great find! :applause:

New sig coming soon.

#1609 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Also picked picked up Crash 2 with the lenticular cover. Does anyone know if that also came with a manual?

It did come with a manual
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#1610 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Are they honestly selling for that much?

I think I have a PS2 Codebreaker disc (or 2) just laying around collecting dust. Made by some company named Pelican something-or-other?

*Yeah, I know I have one in the original case + a lose disc one around

#1611 Peep

Peep

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I think I have a PS2 Codebreaker disc (or 2) just laying around collecting dust. Made by some company named Pelican something-or-other?

ANy of the various code devices are usually great sellers. People like them.

#1612 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

I need to do some digging then... some of those haven't seen the light of day for a while... I think I even have a Dreamcast Gameshark

#1613 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Haven't been finding much of anything lately. Finally found something today. Picked up Shadow Hearts for the PS2 at Savers for $3.99
Manual and game in really good shape. Love rpgs, so I'm guessing I'll dig this one, although if I don't, seems to have a pretty good resell value online.

#1614 lude21

lude21

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Guess so, although it was ver. 10 , so that's why it sold for a premium. The earlier versions generally sell for less. It was made by Pelican. Dig yours out and let us know what ya find!

#1615 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

They're worth money because they are useful for pirating games and (in some cases) playing imports. Very few people buy them for their intended purposes - except the GB Gamesharks, people buy those for Pokemon.

#1616 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Guess so, although it was ver. 10 , so that's why it sold for a premium. The earlier versions generally sell for less. It was made by Pelican. Dig yours out and let us know what ya find!

I found one of my PS2 ones. It's version 7.1. Looks like they go for around $50 on ebay, but none have been sold recently. I'll probably just hang on to it.

#1617 Optic_ghost

Optic_ghost

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Nothing too special this time, but I did get CIB copies of Air Combat, Tekken 3, Tenchu 1, Resident Evil 2, Parappa The Rapper for around 10 bucks.

#1618 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Just got these at my local GoodWill.

PS2 Slim (No Power Cord, A/V, Controller) $5.99
SkullMonkeys PS1 (Complete) - $5.99
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Complete) - $5.99

Not sure if the PS2 works, but I just placed an order on a PS2 Slim generic 8.5 V AC adapter from eBay.

Posted Image
Lakers for Life!

#1619 Optic_ghost

Optic_ghost

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Nice pull but be really careful with that PS2 slim, because of the tendency that they have to scratch discs after sitting around without use for long periods of time. It's due to clearance issues with the ribbon cable for the laser so test it out with a disc your not attached to first.

Cool pull otherwise!

Just got these at my local GoodWill.

PS2 Slim (No Power Cord, A/V, Controller) $5.99
SkullMonkeys PS1 (Complete) - $5.99
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Complete) - $5.99

Not sure if the PS2 works, but I just placed an order on a PS2 Slim generic 8.5 V AC adapter from eBay.

Posted Image

#1620 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

My local thrift store is not good with games (mostly old PS2 and PC games that you can buy at Game Stop) but they usually have great DVD deals. Once bought unopened copies of Wings Seasons 6 and 7 (Spent $6, sold it for $30) and got the first Sherlock Holmes on Blu-ray combo pack (WITH slipcover).

But just a few days ago I bought the following DVDs, all unopened, for $3 each:

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows
The Vow
Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 SE
21 Jump Street (Movie)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Unfortunately, they tend not to check if a set has the right discs or if they have any at all. Once saw a copy of Justice League Unlimited Seasons 1 and 2 with Disc 3 missing and the 80's TMNT Volume 5 with a PC activity disc based on the CG movie in the case.