Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#1651 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Stopped at the North Versailles Goodwill Outlet (watch out sp00ge... I'm getting closer :twisted:) today.
Only picked up a few things, mainly a vintage Omnikey Ultra keyboard and a Ninja Gaiden III Tiger hand held (I went with someone else and they got a ton of crap though, so I got my stuff dirt cheap).

#1652 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Stopped at the North Versailles Goodwill Outlet (watch out sp00ge... I'm getting closer :twisted:) today.
Only picked up a few things, mainly a vintage Omnikey Ultra keyboard and a Ninja Gaiden III Tiger hand held (I went with someone else and they got a ton of crap though, so I got my stuff dirt cheap).

I used to go to the outlet every day, but haven't gone in months. I go every few months or so now. The regular "resident" customers are just too crazy and too territorial anymore, plus lat time I was there you couldn't even get a shopping cart, thanks to said "residents." And by resident, I mean the people that get literally stay there from open to close and have 5-6 carts full of stuff.

In addition, when I was still a regular there, they started pulling the really good stuff to list online, leaving mostly junk. It was just one more nail in the coffin.

Now, you stay the hell away from the North Huntingdon GW. That's my store! ;)

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#1653 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

I used to go to the outlet every day, but haven't gone in months. I go every few months or so now. The regular "resident" customers are just too crazy and too territorial anymore, plus lat time I was there you couldn't even get a shopping cart, thanks to said "residents." And by resident, I mean the people that get literally stay there from open to close and have 5-6 carts full of stuff.

In addition, when I was still a regular there, they started pulling the really good stuff to list online, leaving mostly junk. It was just one more nail in the coffin.

Now, you stay the hell away from the North Huntingdon GW. That's my store! ;)

:lol:
Yeah, when we got there all the carts were in use. I end up having to grab one just as someone was leaving.
And there were dozens of carts lined up on the walls with blankets over them with people's names on paper slips while the owners took naps in their cars. Ridiculous. :roll:

I saw them pulling stuff at the Whitehall store for online today... Really explains why I haven't found anything there in years. :lol:

We probably would've went out to the North Huntingdon GW, had we not gotten to the outlet so late (it was only 4, but we had been out since 9 and it took a good 2+ hours to get home (shouldn't have went home via Lebanon Church, there's tons of traffic a bit south of Century III (I guess it's actually Curry Hollow there...) due to construction)).

Although, I was damned tempted to run up there the other day when you said you left some boxed PC games... They're my weakness.
Speaking of that... You ever go to the computer store they have in Lawrenceville? I was reading they have games there and was wondering if their prices were reasonable.

Oh, and I actually saw a GB E Merger (Game Boy backup thing) system thing in a bin... I was tempted to pick it up, just for a curiosity, but said screw it.

#1654 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Picked up RE: COde veronica, RE 2, and crazy taxi all for dreamcast today. Not too fabulous at $2 each, but couldn't resist as I haven't found much lately.

#1655 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

I was able to haggle the thrift store employee since I offered to buy all the N64 games instead of cherry picking. So instead of me taking their best four games for $8 I got all nine games for $11. I might try this again.

Posted Image

All the games cleaned up nicely.

At another store.
Posted Image

#1656 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

I found a few anime seasons and a ti-89 at goodwill today. The other day I found a slingbox pro for $5.

#1657 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Saw a stack of SNES games for the first time in forever.....all sports except "Joe and Mac". Didnt have a sticker on it (shouldve been $3) so the girl says "how much are these" and the girl who's worked there for a few months was like "uhhhh idk....50 cents?". So after tax I paid 54 cents for it.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1658 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

worst thrift day ever yesterday - someone stole my wife's phone :(

#1659 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

I found this Pokemon wallscroll a while ago - is it anything special?

Posted Image

#1660 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Nah, pretty cool wallscroll though.

Batsugunner.png

#1661 Parasite Eve

Parasite Eve

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Sega Saturn with controller

Genesis controller, snes controller x2

3DO:
Wing Commander III
The Incredible Machine
Dragons Lair
Quarantine
Super Street Fighter II Turbo complete (no outer box)
Twisted the Game Show
Shockwave
Total Eclipse
The Need for Speed
Super Wing Commander
Slayer
Jurassic Park NFR

Virtual Boy:
Virtual Boy Controller

NES
U-Force controller

NES Boxes:
Bionic Commando
Rolling Thunder (Includes manual/tray/foam/poster...everything but game)

$34

Edited by Parasite Eve, 10 December 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#1662 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Not a great weekend at GW, a non 50% off Saturday, but sometimes I find good things that wouldn't last until the sale. Picked up :ps2: Midway Arcade Treasures (first print run label), complete, near-new condition for $5, which is pretty much the online asking price right now. Luckily it had an official Magic Gate 8 MB PS2 Memory card in there as well, so I figure together it was worth it.

#1663 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

...Thrift stores.

#1664 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

...Thrift stores.

haha

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1665 Jnova80

Jnova80

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

...Thrift stores.

:rofl:That's hilarious!

#1666 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

where do you guys get all of these things for so cheap

gamestop, just like the thread title says

#1667 stiner

stiner

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

November was kinda empty for Thrift stores around here but here's what I found back in October

Spoiler

November:
Spoiler

And this passed week:
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1668 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

^ Gotta love them Finals. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1669 wheels

wheels

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

today's finds:

NES advantage $3
Original Xbox console only with the xecutor2 chip installed for $13, it works fine as a normal xbox except the disc tray has to be opened with a paperclip.

#1670 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Playstation Move charger stand, looks like it was opened but never used- $6

And a little brag story- Made about $200 profit on the 9 copies of Kingdom Hearts 3D and the 3 PS3 Deadmunds Quest Move Bundles I picked up from Targets bargin shelf!! Ill be checking there more often!

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#1671 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Found some goodies today for $5 each:

Suikoden - no manual
FF7- no manual
Tail of the Sun - cib
Azure Dreams - no manual

And all the discs are in near perfect condition!
Posted Image

#1672 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Found a sealed PS2 Taiko Drum Master for $7. Havent opened it up, looks interesting.
If its free, its for me!!

#1673 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Found a sealed PS2 Taiko Drum Master for $7. Havent opened it up, looks interesting.

I have that game, pretty fun, although the track selection is limited (some public domain tracks in there).

#1674 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

No pics but this week I found:

Earthworm Jim 2 (genesis): 1.00
NBA Jam (genesis): 1.00

Left For Dead 2 (360): 10.00
Mario Party 5: 2.99
Zelda Collectors Edition: 2.99
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense (n64): 1.99
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire: 1.99
Conkers Bad Fur Day: 1.99
www.vg-force.com

#1675 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Another slow weekend, only things I picked up were two :wii: white nunchucks for $1.50 each. Needed some cleaning, but they look and work great now.

Also just curious, though I have been shopping GW for about 3-4 years now, I never paid attention to the frequency of finds after the holidays (people donating their older games / systems), anyone ever notice a correlation in years past?

#1676 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

I don't know if it's regional or corporate, but I was told today that after the end of the year, Goodwill isn't going to be dealing with Target clearance any longer. They said that they were practically losing money, which doesn't surprise me since a large portion of the stuff my store received was Defective Salvage. Sure, some stuff was maybe a little used, but I've returned a TON of stuff that was flat-out broken.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#1677 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Meh... I mean, I've gotten some good stuff that was ex clearance, but there always was a ton of broken crap.

#1678 wheels

wheels

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Super Mario Deluxe for Gameboy Color today $4

#1679 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Local store had 50% off of everything today. Too bad their selection sucked and even with the discount I wouldn't make money back on most of the DVDs. Ended up getting Super Hero Squad Volume 1 only.

#1680 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

I visited a Goodwill today, and found the following PS1 games in good condition:

Legend of Dragoon (greatest hits)
Metal Gear Solid (greatest hits)
Resident Evil 2 (dual shock edition)
Vagrant Story

Got 'em for only $2.00 each. How did I do? I never owned a PS1 or PS2 (do have a PS3 now, though).