Photo
- - - - -

Thrift Store Thread 2012

• Please log in to reply
1731 replies to this topic

#211 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

3D Ultra Pinball Creep Night

Awesome game right there. It's hard to beat Pinball FX 2 in terms of quality and realism, but Creep Night is still one of my favorites. 3D Ultra Mini Golf is also quite good (much better than the newer Xbox versions).

#212 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness for Gamecube- complete (booklets and ads)
Pokemon Colosseum for Gamecube- case, disc, booklet, warning booklet
$3 apiece

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#213 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Went to the goodwill store last night. First time I've ever been to one. Thanks to everyone on this thread for convincing me to go.

I picked up a Mad Catz controller for the Sega Genesis at $4. Then picked up about 25 comics for about $1. These comics were Spawn #1 - 12, X-Force 1-5, bunch of X-men #1's.

Nice lady only rang me up for $3 for all those comic books.

For $7 I made out like a bandit.

#214 200STM

200STM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

I found a brand new thrift store that just open last week and its very small (about the size of 2 average home rooms). Its called the Thrifty Thrift and I checked it out. It had a few video games mainly atari 2600 stuff. I ended up getting these:
Gradius NES (5 pin :D) 1$
Dual Heroes N64 $2
Donkey Kong Coleco $1

#215 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

I found a brand new thrift store that just open last week and its very small (about the size of 2 average home rooms). Its called the Thrifty Thrift and I checked it out. It had a few video games mainly atari 2600 stuff. I ended up getting these:
Dual Heroes N64 $2
Donkey Kong Coleco $1

Fill me in: What is a 5 pin? I assume it has something to do with the actual pins/cartridge style, but I could use some help. Are 5 pins generally worth more for NES games?

#216 200STM

200STM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

@Slowdive21: 5 pins I am referring to screws on the back of the NES Cart. 5 screws NES carts are consider more rarer than regular 3 screw games. I think its a guess but 5 screw games were made by nintendo (Nintendo made the carts themselves) and were made between 1985-1987 as pretty much very early NES releases. People call them 5 screw or 5 pins because of the x they make on the back of those early NES carts

#217 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

@Slowdive21: 5 pins I am referring to screws on the back of the NES Cart. 5 screws NES carts are consider more rarer than regular 3 screw games. I think its a guess but 5 screw games were made by nintendo (Nintendo made the carts themselves) and were made between 1985-1987 as pretty much very early NES releases. People call them 5 screw or 5 pins because of the x they make on the back of those early NES carts

OK thanks, I will have to look mine over! I know I have some "solid carts" or "black box carts", they may be 5 pin/5 screws as well.

#218 200STM

200STM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Haha sorry 5 screws is what they are called I said pin by mistake. I found this 5 screw and thought oh this is one of those early NES carts. I am happy to have Gradius as now I have I,III,IV and V :D

#219 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

OK thanks, I will have to look mine over! I know I have some "solid carts" or "black box carts", they may be 5 pin/5 screws as well.

Black carts were some of the unlicensed ones, I think.

#220 200STM

200STM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yeah Tengen I think made those either way if you have any odd looking carts they might be rare or at least good collectables. I have no unlicense carts, my rarest (if you say) NES game is Short Order/Eggsplode! which was the last NES game to support the power pad.

#221 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yeah Tengen I think made those either way if you have any odd looking carts they might be rare or at least good collectables. I have no unlicense carts, my rarest (if you say) NES game is Short Order/Eggsplode! which was the last NES game to support the power pad.

All "official" games were the standard grey cartridge. The unlicensed games came in a variety of colors and designs, from Tengen's black wedge (Tetris, Toobin', Rolling Thunder, etc) to Color Dreams/etc block designs, ranging from blue, gold, black.

I've had quite a few of the unofficial carts, but sold most of them off recently after decimating my NES collection.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#222 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Picked up Sonic Adventure DX (complete) and Sonic Adventure 2(missing manual) for the Cube today for a grand total of $1. The discs need cleaned but overall I'd say it was a nice find.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#223 C0dy

C0dy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

I stopped into a Goodwill about an hour away after visiting some family out there.

To my surprise I found a PlayStation 1 in its original box. It was marked $9.99 but the guy working told me that it only had the power cable (no av or controller) so he sold it to me for $5. I know a guy with extra PS Cables and stuff so I could probably get those from him.

Was hyped because it's the first Sony console I've found cheap enough for me to be interested (everything near me with the name playstation on it is marked up like crazy). But, sadly I don't think it's working, I plugged it in just to see if it powers on and it makes a strange grinding noise. :hot: it certainly doesn't sound normal...

Oh well, I might keep it for the box and whatnot (or just for shits and giggles). Not really worth taking it back, it's only $5.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

#224 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Black carts were some of the unlicensed ones, I think.

Sorry I meant black box as in the box they came in from Nintendo (the early releases).

Either way I am going to have to look over everything before I start to purge. I have to make sure I have the best copy possible of everything.

#225 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

I stopped into a Goodwill about an hour away after visiting some family out there.

To my surprise I found a PlayStation 1 in its original box. It was marked $9.99 but the guy working told me that it only had the power cable (no av or controller) so he sold it to me for $5. I know a guy with extra PS Cables and stuff so I could probably get those from him.

Was hyped because it's the first Sony console I've found cheap enough for me to be interested (everything near me with the name playstation on it is marked up like crazy). But, sadly I don't think it's working, I plugged it in just to see if it powers on and it makes a strange grinding noise. :hot: it certainly doesn't sound normal...

Oh well, I might keep it for the box and whatnot (or just for shits and giggles). Not really worth taking it back, it's only $5.

I have five Playstations that i've picked up for dirt cheap over the past few months, and just finally got around to testing them a few days ago and NONE of them work. My lesson taken from this? Don't bother buying Playstations unless you can test them right there.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#226 C0dy

C0dy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

I have five Playstations that i've picked up for dirt cheap over the past few months, and just finally got around to testing them a few days ago and NONE of them work. My lesson taken from this? Don't bother buying Playstations unless you can test them right there.

Lesson learned :wall:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

#227 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Dual Heroes N64 $2
Donkey Kong Coleco $1

Do you recall any of the Atari 2600 games they had? I've been trying to rebuild my old collection and I haven't seen anything locally yet.

#228 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

I have five of the old grey PS1's from the one local shop. The owner used to have them stacked by the door at his old shop. So I asked him about them the one day. He said they were untested and if I wanted some of them I could take them for $1 each. One works completely and I think the others were only needing a laser assembly to work fully again.

Of course, that never happened, so at least 1-2 of them are missing the complete laser assembly but otherwise intact.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#229 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

PS1 systems are just not worth it. In my experience they usually do work but they just have no value. Which makes sense when you consider how many they sold and the fact that new PS3s still support PS1 discs (which is pretty strange if you think about it.)

#230 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

PS1 systems are just not worth it. In my experience they usually do work but they just have no value. Which makes sense when you consider how many they sold and the fact that new PS3s still support PS1 discs (which is pretty strange if you think about it.)

Yea, I don't bother with PS1s either. PS2s and PS3s still play PS1 games. I couldn't even sell one at $1+shipping.

#231 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

I had several PS1s in my collection, all bought with the intent on flipping them. Got them all relatively cheap ($1-$3 at yard sales), and I couldn't sell them for the life of me. I ended up giving them all away to friends, except the SCPH-1001 model, which I kept for myself. I know it's not really worth much, but hey, it's just for the collection.

#232 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

I had several PS1s in my collection, all bought with the intent on flipping them. Got them all relatively cheap ($1-$3 at yard sales), and I couldn't sell them for the life of me. I ended up giving them all away to friends, except the SCPH-1001 model, which I kept for myself. I know it's not really worth much, but hey, it's just for the collection.

I only keep the 1001 models too. I think I have 4 or 5 of them. They used to sell for a lot because they are supposed to be one of the best CD players, but the kids use Zunes now. ;)

#233 juangrande386

juangrande386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Kickle Cubicle (NES)- $3
StarTropics (NES)- $3
PilotWings (SNES)- $4
MegaMan Soccer (SNES)- $3
1080 (N64)- $3

Passed on Dragon Warrior, Othello, a few others I cant remember (cus they werent worth getting), the usual sports sports sports sports, a $25 N64, a $20 N64, and a $10 N64, a $15 system only Intellivision II (seriously GW seriously??), a $20 copy of Banjo Kazooie that has been there for a year, a $30 Gamecube, and a $15 Genesis.

As you can see my 3 GWs are very hit or miss on prices.

http://mbsy.co/lootcrate/8401525 Loot Crate (Get boxes of tech/gamer/nerd stuff delievered every month)

http://www.ebates.co...TvZAODnfHwJLg== Earn Cash Back on shopping sites

http://sensor2.suite...S=1&RPID=282220 Tango Giftcards for running an app

Earn giftcards for Amazon and other places by clicking the referral links. Help a brother out while youre at it :)

#234 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

last week I got a SCPH-1001 model PS1 for $3. I have one in perfect condition in original box and everything but nice to have a beater model.

My first one was purchased from craigslist from some older guy who bought it on its release date (not for kids, for himself) with a bunch of longbox games and said he played it a few weeks and put it in a box. Even has the pre-order materials and that CD with the tech demos on it. Best find I ever had on craigslist.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#235 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

I got a few good things today at a thrift I hadn't visited before. An Elmo DVD for my daughter, a copy of Nascar Racing 2003 season, some random CD, and a GBA gameshark case. There isn't a gameshark, just a cable that is USB on one end and a GBA end on the other. Is it a charging cable or something else? $12 + tax for all of it.

At any rate, the gameshark that I picked up a while ago will go well in the case.

#236 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

I got a few good things today at a thrift I hadn't visited before. An Elmo DVD for my daughter, a copy of Nascar Racing 2003 season, some random CD, and a GBA gameshark case. There isn't a gameshark, just a cable that is USB on one end and a GBA end on the other. Is it a charging cable or something else? $12 + tax for all of it.

At any rate, the gameshark that I picked up a while ago will go well in the case.

After looking a little more what I got was this: http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B000246VNY

I sure wish it had the cartridge. The one that I have is clear plastic.

#237 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

This morning at the Thrift I picked up a lime green Gameboy Color with the games Super Mario Land, Baseball, Harvest Moon, Bomberman GB, Conker's Pocket Tales, Mary Kate and Ashley, and N'Sync, all for $10. The GBC works fine, but it has a few scuff marks, still though should be an easy flip for about $30 or so.

#238 200STM

200STM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

@ZombieToast: I saw pacman, combat, lazer something, and a few other carts I didnt take time to see.

#239 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Ooh, I'd like to pick up a copy of Combat. That was one of the games I lost when my mom threw away my Atari collection. Hopefully they'll be open tomorrow while I'm out car shopping. I tried stopping by earlier today, but they were already closed. I did end up finally checking out the Goodwill down the street, though, and I was really disappointed. It looks nice from the outside, but everything inside is junk. The only games I saw were Myst and Doom 3; both were overpriced.

#240 Crizume

Crizume

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

My local goodwill is picked clean of gaming items. and the few cases that are their have the disc missing from inside. Did manage to snag Inception blu ray for $2. Never seen it and neither has the wife.