Fate Extra for PSP by Aksys

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I know everybody's buzzing about the Vita now, but don't forget those under-the-radar end of cycle games on the PSP!

I just saw this when I went to a Gamestop the other day. Anybody play it? Impressions?

I got it when it first released...and kind of regret it. Overall, it's pretty interesting and adds a bit of depth to the Fate anime series. I only played probably like 2 hours before I gave up on it though.

It's your typical RPG. 3d world where you move around a limited space, interacting with people/objects - like Persona 2. The battles take place in a virtual maze dungeon, but I personally couldn't stand the 'rock paper scissor' battle system. The more you fight a monster, the better knowledge you have on what move it'll make. If I remember correctly, each round consist of 6 guesses. Beat them 6 times correctly in a row, you do a special move for extra damage. Repeat guessing rounds til enemy is defeated.

Some may not like the bland/boring combat system, others may like it or be able to look past it and enjoy the game. Definitely check gameplay videos on YouTube to see if it's something you'll get into.

Devious pretty much nailed it. The story is interesting, but the combat system is pretty hit or miss (literally). I am still cycling it in my play rounds, but I can see why a person would not like it.

The environments are very boring and barren, but I can look past it, while I grind.

bread's done
Back