Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy ad 1/15-1/21 (Turtle Beach PX3 $100, LA Noire Complete and RDR GOTY $30)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'm pissed i mised out on the Uncharted 3 for $30 deal they had on black friday.

haven't seen a deal that good on that game since :-(

if your getting another sony exclusive day 1 like Twisted Metal BB usually does deals that take 50% off any(mostly newer released titles) other Sony exclusives so that'll at least get you the $30 price.

If you don't want Twisted metal, do their trade in deals to net good credit for the combo deal then trade twisted metal back in along with another trade in deal.

Edited by Enuf, 14 January 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#32 Baldur

Baldur

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm hoping Amazon will PM some of these. I've been sitting on a $20 gaming credit coupon for a few months now. RDR GOTY has already dropped like 10% on there the past few months.

#33 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

All 4 One will definitely plummet in price, the reviews and the sales are complete shite. Wait it out bro.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#34 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:45 AM

can you email me the best buy add? i'm looking for a tv i have one to exchange, i want to see if i should wait till sunday

#35 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

Sonic Generations was on sale for $39.99 soon after release and with an @Gamer coupon it came down to $29.99. So at most they may give them $40, but if they attempt to return it to BB it'll be a hassle and they may not even honor the return without a receipt and someone showing their ID.

If anything, I would recommend that whoever bought it go in and try to get them to print up a duplicate receipt. This can be done if they used their Reward Zone card or a credit card for the purchase.

My mom returned a camcorder without a receipt and no problems. I'm sure it's very ymmv though.

#36 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

Ok guys thanks for the replies, now not sure if I want to waste gas and go a hour to the mall to be turned down, also had a prior bad experience as I got All 4 One day on release from Amazon and my copy didn't come on time and was pretty pissed about it so they shipped me another copy asap and got it a day later, oh guess what the next monday guess what final showned up?....u got it my original copy of All 4 One that I totally forgot about since I had already completed my other copy....so it still being in wrap and all tried at a few different wal-marts in the area to switch with another game at full price, none of them would do it or even at worse give me a gift card at full price so I just said hell with it and still have it in shrinkwrap on my game shelve with the copy of Sonic Generations on top of it.....so maybe the 2nd time will be better at Best Buy but with no receipt it may kill it like it did with All 4 One.

Might just try and see what I get for it and the rest of the cost just pay for it because I been wanting both Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 & Disney Universe to add to the massive 360 collection.

Wish me luck guys:-), thanks again!.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#37 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

After seeing the $20 Noire complete, this is sort of a deal breaker for me.

#38 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Finally played the Dance Central 2 demo, and this is perfect timing on the DC2 sale. Any cheap places to get the first Dance Central, new, since I'd like the export code as well.

#39 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Just a couple of things- are these deals in store only? Also, any opinions on the PX3's? I'll be using them for both the 360 and PS3.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#40 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ok guys thanks for the replies, now not sure if I want to waste gas and go a hour to the mall to be turned down, also had a prior bad experience as I got All 4 One day on release from Amazon and my copy didn't come on time and was pretty pissed about it so they shipped me another copy asap and got it a day later, oh guess what the next monday guess what final showned up?....u got it my original copy of All 4 One that I totally forgot about since I had already completed my other copy....so it still being in wrap and all tried at a few different wal-marts in the area to switch with another game at full price, none of them would do it or even at worse give me a gift card at full price so I just said hell with it and still have it in shrinkwrap on my game shelve with the copy of Sonic Generations on top of it.....so maybe the 2nd time will be better at Best Buy but with no receipt it may kill it like it did with All 4 One.

Might just try and see what I get for it and the rest of the cost just pay for it because I been wanting both Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 & Disney Universe to add to the massive 360 collection.

So instead of returning the original copy of All 4 One to Amazon like you should've, you tried to commit return fraud by taking it to WalMart? :applause:

How late was the original copy of All 4 One as opposed to their shipping estimate? Depending on whether or not you have Amazon Prime or not, the date range they give you for projected delivery is just that: an estimate. It doesn't mean that it's going to show up exactly within that range. If you can't wait an extra day or three for stuff to show up via super saver shipping, then you're better off switching back to normal brick and mortar retail stores, since Amazon's shipping is snail speed slow with their free super saver shipping.

But again, you should just ask whoever bought Sonic Generations for you for the receipt or to go to the store and have them print up a dupe. As long as it was purchased on or after the date when BB started their extended Christmas returns period this year, then you should still be able to return it with that duplicate receipt.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#41 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

is there anywhere i can see the actual ad for next week? i am in the market for a new TV and want to see if its on sale next week.
Posted Image

#42 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Good luck. Btw Lego Harry potter and Disney universe are great games incase you haven't played them yet.

#43 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of wishing I would've picked up LAN that day along with Red Dead.

Not that I'd ever get to it.....Red Dead is phenomenial. Anyone on the fence about it, it's WELL worth the $30. Especially the GOTY edition.
Easily moved into my top 3 of all time....and I don't even LIKE Westerns!

I had to choose when they were both $20 during the December blowouts, and I'm glad I chose RDR.

At the moment I'm thinking of getting Rage for $30, but I have a feeling it's going to drop again soon, since Amazon has had it for less (I believe it was $19-something for part of December). Advice?

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#44 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

Just a couple of things- are these deals in store only?

they should be online too

At the moment I'm thinking of getting Rage for $30, but I have a feeling it's going to drop again soon, since Amazon has had it for less (I believe it was $19-something for part of December). Advice?

NO!!! it's been perm. price dropped to $25 @ PC Richard so have BB pm it or alert AMZ. If it goes lower at least BB will give you another 30 days to match.
http://www.cheapassg...676#post9283676
They also have MGS HD coll. to $35 perm. price drop

#45 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

NO!!! it's been perm. price dropped to $25 @ PC Richard so have BB pm it or alert AMZ. If it goes lower at least BB will give you another 30 days to match.
http://www.cheapassg...676#post9283676
They also have MGS HD coll. to $35 perm. price drop

Thanks! I've got it on my wish list here and I've set it up for alert at $19.99, so... guess I'll be patient and wait for just a lil bit longer :)

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#46 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

So instead of returning the original copy of All 4 One to Amazon like you should've, you tried to commit return fraud by taking it to WalMart? :applause:

How late was the original copy of All 4 One as opposed to their shipping estimate? Depending on whether or not you have Amazon Prime or not, the date range they give you for projected delivery is just that: an estimate. It doesn't mean that it's going to show up exactly within that range. If you can't wait an extra day or three for stuff to show up via super saver shipping, then you're better off switching back to normal brick and mortar retail stores, since Amazon's shipping is snail speed slow with their free super saver shipping.

But again, you should just ask whoever bought Sonic Generations for you for the receipt or to go to the store and have them print up a dupe. As long as it was purchased on or after the date when BB started their extended Christmas returns period this year, then you should still be able to return it with that duplicate receipt.

No I got release day shipping for All 4 One and that is why I was shocked it wasn't at my door as I've ordered a dozen times from them and always get day of release, yea I know about there free shipping for me usually takes a week to get to me and no problem with that, for both games have sold both to a good friend at work for $80 for both, so now don't have to worry and just going to take that money and get the 2 games I wanted.

Thanks again for the help and sorry didn't know about return fraud and was just doing what a few friends of mine said they did when they got a extra copy from amazon and didn't know it was wrong so feel bad about that because I'm a good person and have never got in trouble and never will so thanks for heads up.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360- Assassin's Creed III
PS3- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Nintendo Wii- AC: City Folk
3DS- New Super Mario Bros. 2
My Game Collection- www.listal.com/list/buffalos-xbox-360-collection

#47 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Maybe its a good thing the buffalo went extinct.

#48 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

No I got release day shipping for All 4 One and that is why I was shocked it wasn't at my door as I've ordered a dozen times from them and always get day of release, yea I know about there free shipping for me usually takes a week to get to me and no problem with that, for both games have sold both to a good friend at work for $80 for both, so now don't have to worry and just going to take that money and get the 2 games I wanted.

Thanks again for the help and sorry didn't know about return fraud and was just doing what a few friends of mine said they did when they got a extra copy from amazon and didn't know it was wrong so feel bad about that because I'm a good person and have never got in trouble and never will so thanks for heads up.

That would definitely aggravate me too if I paid for the release date shipping and didn't get the item on time. I guess I've been lucky with Amazon thus far as I've received every order I've placed with RDD shipping. You can't beat it either, since it's usually only $.99 to ship it that way as opposed to the normal shipping charge.

Glad I could help.

Posted Image

#49 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

That isn't really Wipeout.

#50 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

Just paid for Red Dead GOTY and LA Noire Complete. The deals are live now.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#51 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

tempting to buy Red Dead and LA Noire, but I already have the RDR DLC on my 360, so I feel like I should just buy a cheap ass copy of RDR and LA Noire is one of those games I want to love, but I can't get into. Probably should just save $60 and spend that time on different games.

#52 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Happy for the trade boost for FFXIII-2. I was hoping there will be one cause I wanted to get it at Best Buy even though I think GS would probably give me slightly more for the items I want to get rid of. Physical gifts is better than DLC gifts.

#53 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Thanks, now any opinions on the headset? I just bought the Tritton AX720's, was wondering how these ones stack up.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#54 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ordered a copy of of L.A. Noire Complete Edition. Good value with all of those extras included.

#55 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

is the complete edition pretty much a waste for someone who already bought the Rockstar Pass? I owned this game in the summer and had the Pass but sold it when i was only halfway through because i was short on money at the time....wouldnt mind picking it up again, but not if im paying for part of something i already own, ya know?
Posted Image

#56 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

is the complete edition pretty much a waste for someone who already bought the Rockstar Pass? I owned this game in the summer and had the Pass but sold it when i was only halfway through because i was short on money at the time....wouldnt mind picking it up again, but not if im paying for part of something i already own, ya know?

Well on the 360 the pass didn't come with one mission that's in the compete edition. The ps3 pass has everything.

#57 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

tempting to buy Red Dead and LA Noire, but I already have the RDR DLC on my 360, so I feel like I should just buy a cheap ass copy of RDR and LA Noire is one of those games I want to love, but I can't get into. Probably should just save $60 and spend that time on different games.

Too bad you didn't think of that sooner, since I believe the pre-owned copies of RDR for both PS3 and 360 were $7.99 just after Christmas or so. I picked up a couple for the PS3 for cheap Christmas presents for my one buddy and his nephew who just got a PS3 for Christmas in the hopes they'd play a lil of the online modes.

But apparently my buddy is only using his PS3 for YouTube(and Crackle) and playing offline, even though he has an internet connection now.:cry:

Posted Image

#58 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Did anyone try preordering Max Payne for an extra $15 off RDR or LAN?

#59 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

Cheaper than that actually. you could get another 20% off with 2 used. That day it was rdr and modern warfare 2 for $12.xx I wanna say

Too bad you didn't think of that sooner, since I believe the pre-owned copies of RDR for both PS3 and 360 were $7.99 just after Christmas or so. I picked up a couple for the PS3 for cheap Christmas presents for my one buddy and his nephew who just got a PS3 for Christmas in the hopes they'd play a lil of the online modes.

But apparently my buddy is only using his PS3 for YouTube(and Crackle) and playing offline, even though he has an internet connection now.:cry:

#60 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

Cheaper than that actually. you could get another 20% off with 2 used. That day it was rdr and modern warfare 2 for $12.xx I wanna say

Yeah. I just looked it up when I mentioned it earlier.:) Not only that but I think I also got my 10% off for the Gamer's Club Unlocked when I bought them in store.;)

Posted Image