Photo
- - - - -

UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

• Please log in to reply
1357 replies to this topic

#31 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

IGN review is out. They gave it a 9.0!

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1218315p1.html

Steven hopper kinda summed up how I felt in the review just from playing the demo. The movements of the fighter aren't fluid like in real life but still pretty good. Can't wait for Tuesday night to dig my teeth into this game.
Posted Image

#32 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

Just a few more days!!! I went to Gamestop today to finish paying it all off and asked the guy if they were doing a midnight opening for it and he said they weren't....so disappointed:(

#33 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

In the previous games did the way you moved the stick determine if you went left or right in transitions? I can't remember from the first one and didn't play the second. I ask because I like the new amateur setup much better, but I'm wonder if something is lost in it when it comes to determining the direction of your transition.

#34 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yes.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

In the previous games did the way you moved the stick determine if you went left or right in transitions? I can't remember from the first one and didn't play the second. I ask because I like the new amateur setup much better, but I'm wonder if something is lost in it when it comes to determining the direction of your transition.

Yeah, I haven't tried the amateur controls, but if they don't allow you to determine which way you move, you are being limited. That should kinda be expected though. It's a vastly simplified control scheme meant to make the game more accessible. But if you want 100% control over your fighter, re-learning the regular controls is probably the best option. It might even be something where you can start with the amateur and switch to pro controls once the simpler moves become second nature.

#36 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, I haven't tried the amateur controls, but if they don't allow you to determine which way you move, you are being limited. That should kinda be expected though. It's a vastly simplified control scheme meant to make the game more accessible. But if you want 100% control over your fighter, re-learning the regular controls is probably the best option. It might even be something where you can start with the amateur and switch to pro controls once the simpler moves become second nature.

But the regular controls did allow you to control transition direction in the previous games? I don't remember if it did or not. I don't think the amateur ones do here, but honestly I haven't played enough to know.

Does the game account for left and right side stats? If not, would it really make a difference which direction you transitioned?

Regarding the amateur controls, is anything else simplified other than the stick movment? Has anyone read anything on this? It seemed pretty comparable to the first game other than transitions. Everything else felt just about the same.

#37 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Got my preorder in on amazon. Sucks they don't have the same dlc pack (or any) as gamestop. Really want nick diaz and hardy. I would buy it at gamestop but no money and amazon credit is paying for my copy. Any word when the dlc pack of gamestop fighters will be available for the masses?
Posted Image

#38 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just played some more and it does seem that the pro mode controls do give more freedom of movement. Not sure if that matters though when it comes to stats if the game doesn't factor in whether your rights or lefts are stronger.

Also, I know this is Xbox discussion, but there is some DLC for it already up in the PS Store for free.

#39 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Also, I know this is Xbox discussion, but there is some DLC for it already up in the PS Store for free.

What dlc would that be? Don't have a ps3 to go and check what I'm missing. It's not up on xbox is it? Free dlc isn't the Micro$oft way.
Posted Image

#40 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

if you pre-order it from THQ, you get the season pass for free which starts you off with the FOTN and International Packs and the Ultimate Submission, Rival, Upsets and Mixed Bag Collection. The Gamestop fighter pack will be available 90 days post-launch. for more info click here. hope this helps
Posted Image

#41 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

if you pre-order it from THQ, you get the season pass for free which starts you off with the FOTN and International Packs and the Ultimate Submission, Rival, Upsets and Mixed Bag Collection. The Gamestop fighter pack will be available 90 days post-launch. for more info click here. hope this helps

Ok, so the Season Pass includes:
Fighter Packs – Fight of the Night Pack and International Pack
Ultimate Fights Packs – Ultimate Upsets and Mixed Bag
UFC Heavyweight Championship contender Alistair Overeem
All Unlockables

Does not include:

The Contenders Pack (Gamestop pre-order exclusive, will be available to purchase 90-days post launch)
Create a Fighter Boost (Amazon pre-order exclusive, will be available to purchase at launch)
Online Pass - all new copies of UFC 3 contain this for FREE, used copies must purchase.

What's are people's thoughts on the season pass? Yay or nay? I personally only want The Contenders pack. If it was included in the season pass I would get it but for now it seems a bit steep.
Posted Image

#42 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Will the Gamestop DLC be in the case or on the receipt or something outside the case? (Judging from past experiences with Gamestop exclusive DLC)
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#43 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

Will the Gamestop DLC be in the case or on the receipt or something outside the case? (Judging from past experiences with Gamestop exclusive DLC)

Judging from my dlc from Batman: AC it will be on the receipt.
Posted Image

#44 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

What dlc would that be? Don't have a ps3 to go and check what I'm missing. It's not up on xbox is it? Free dlc isn't the Micro$oft way.

I forget exactly what they were, but if you check out the PS3 Board and the thread on the PSN Store they're listed there. They're free, I think they're those packs where you get videos and stuff to set up certain historic fights.

#45 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

I forget exactly what they were, but if you check out the PS3 Board and the thread on the PSN Store they're listed there. They're free, I think they're those packs where you get videos and stuff to set up certain historic fights.

If that's it, they'll be free on Xbox too.

Ultimate Submission (FREE AT LAUNCH FOR EVERYONE)
The Ultimate Submissions collection, currently scheduled for release at launch and available free of charge on both videogame platforms, will include:

UFC 109: Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago
UFC 115: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Pat Barry
UFC 116: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin
UFC Fight Night 19: Nate Diaz vs. Melvin Guillard
UFC Fight Night 21: Kenny Florian vs. Takanori Gomi

Ultimate Rival (FREE AT LAUNCH FOR EVERYONE)
The Ultimate Rivals collection, currently scheduled for release at launch and available free of charge on both videogame platforms, will include:

UFC 92: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
UFC 111: Georges St-Pierre vs. Dan Hardy
UFC 114: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
UFC 117: Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
The Ultimate Fighter® Season 9: Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida

#46 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

So is the season pass just giving you the two fighter packs (international and fight of the night) and a bunch of videos of Real UFC fights? It's not unlocking the characters because they are already in the game. If you don't have the season pass does that mean you can not fight Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez because that's one of the videos? I doubt it. I think I will only be picking up the Contenders pack (when it becomes available) and the international pack.
Posted Image

#47 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

So is the season pass just giving you the two fighter packs (international and fight of the night) and a bunch of videos of Real UFC fights? It's not unlocking the characters because they are already in the game. If you don't have the season pass does that mean you can not fight Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez because that's one of the videos? I doubt it. I think I will only be picking up the Contenders pack (when it becomes available) and the international pack.

It's not exactly VIDEOS per se. I'm guessing it's more like backstory, interviews, relevent fight commentary, etc. Similar to an extra "level" in a different game. If you remember, the past UFC games had classic fights that were introduced by Rachelle Leah/Arianny Celeste, and had the actual pre-fight interviews from the fighters. Then, when the fights started, Goldberg and Rogan would talk specifically about that fight. It was pretty cool. Not sure if it'll be worth the price they're asking, but I'm such a big MMA fan, I feel like there's no way I won't get all the DLC eventually.

#48 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

I want this really bad, but I think I'll wait for a $40 price point.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Burnout Revenge // Far-Cry 3 // Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Recently Completed

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition [1550/1550]

#49 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

It's not exactly VIDEOS per se. I'm guessing it's more like backstory, interviews, relevent fight commentary, etc. Similar to an extra "level" in a different game. If you remember, the past UFC games had classic fights that were introduced by Rachelle Leah/Arianny Celeste, and had the actual pre-fight interviews from the fighters. Then, when the fights started, Goldberg and Rogan would talk specifically about that fight. It was pretty cool. Not sure if it'll be worth the price they're asking, but I'm such a big MMA fan, I feel like there's no way I won't get all the DLC eventually.

I know, I'm a big fan as well but sort of knew to the game so many of those fights I haven't seen. I think you might have just sold me on the season pass. Especially if I can use my $10 video game credit from amazon for pre-ordering to buy Micro$oft points. Is this possible?
Posted Image

#50 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

I don't think you can buy $10 worth of points on Amazon, but you can get a $20 card and use that credit toward that.

#51 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

I don't think you can buy $10 worth of points on Amazon, but you can get a $20 card and use that credit toward that.

Cool, thanks. I was planning on buying a $20 card. Does anyone know if video game credit can be used to purchase the codes or does it have to be the physical card?
Posted Image

#52 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Why is GSP/Hardy "Ultimate Rivals"? That fight was poor and they're not really "rivals". On a related note, Florian/Gomi being "Ultimate Submission"? KenFlo whooped him for a couple rounds then subbed him, nothing near as eventful of the other "Ultimate Submission" fights.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#53 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

On a related note, Florian/Gomi being "Ultimate Submission"? KenFlo whooped him for a couple rounds then subbed him, nothing near as eventful of the other "Ultimate Submission" fights.

I don't care. I was at this event, so I'm pumped that this fight is being included! lol :)

#54 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:55 AM

Why is GSP/Hardy "Ultimate Rivals"? That fight was poor and they're not really "rivals". On a related note, Florian/Gomi being "Ultimate Submission"? KenFlo whooped him for a couple rounds then subbed him, nothing near as eventful of the other "Ultimate Submission" fights.

wasn't it because they were coaches on that show?

#55 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Hardy and GSP? They weren't coaches on TUF.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#56 KingNothing09

KingNothing09

Where's your crown?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'm so in for this. I can't wait for this game.
Check out The Joe Rogan Experience on iTunes or on JoeRogan.net, it's seriously the funniest, most mind opening shit available for free on the internet.

#57 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

So does it look like the league will start again? I'd be interested in helping or doing something if it isn't.

#58 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Well, by my count we have about 7-8 people who have expressed interest so far. That's not a tremendous number, but hopefully it will grow once the game is out.

The decision we are facing though is how to set things up. In 2009, we kinda let people just choose their weight classes...and some of them only had 2 members for the first few weeks. Ultimately, it worked, and we had a great experience with rivalries in all 5 weight classes and a nice variety of fighters. But we also had closer to 15-20 people starting out.

In 2010, we had less interest, and ended up just voting on one weight class for everyone to start out in. As things progressed, people were allowed to sign up a second fighter in a different weight class. I'm kinda getting the feeling that we might need to go a similar route this year, especially considering there are now 7 weight classes...which would spread us even thinner.

All of this is also assuming that people want to use created fighters. This has always been MY preference, as it gives you an identity that you can carry through the duration of the league. However, with the new options for balanced fighters, I suppose we could do a "draft" of actual fighters and wouldn't have to worry about one person getting Jon Jones and another getting Tito Ortiz because their skills would be balanced.

That would still limit us in terms of number of fighters in a division though...and the problem all other leagues have, people dropping and leaving popular fighters open while longtime members are stuck with "crappier" fighters. I don't want to deal with the headache of "Ooh! I want to switch to Anderson Silva!" At least with created fighters, if somebody dropped/got booted, it wouldn't be a big deal. I still think I would prefer created fighters, but I'm definitely more open to real fighters than in years past.

This one is definitely open for discussion though, so feel free to start weighing in (ba dum ching!) and we'll see what kind of shape this thing takes.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#59 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

I'm interested in joining. I should be able to convince a co-worker to join also, but I can't guarantee his activity.

#60 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'm interested in joining. I should be able to convince a co-worker to join also, but I can't guarantee his activity.

Awesome. The more we get, the more fun it will be for everyone.

Honestly, this was another big selling point for using created fighters. It's much more low pressure. If a person misses their fight, they get a loss, it hurts their overall ranking, and their title contention. If it happens too often, they get suspended, but are free to rejoin when they let everyone know what was going on. But ultimately, it's a created fighter, so nobody cares.

But if the person who drafted GSP is missing all their fights, it might be a little more discouraging for other members who would have picked GSP had they had a better draft pick. Just stuff for everyone to think about when deciding what they want.
Do you have what it takes to compete?