Photo
- - - - -

UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

• Please log in to reply
1357 replies to this topic

#601 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Pablo Garcia | Matt Domoracki | KO | Round 1 at 4:32

Yeah good fight. I came out wanting to mix my strategy up after my recent losses and was doing good I thought, but then got hit with the flash KO.

Also, my reach is 72 if you want to add it to the first post n8rockerasu.

#602 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

shotgunshine, I should be available this weekend. I may be able to play tonight, or Friday night. If you give me a time, I can try to make it for our fight :)

Just saying, I want to end this streak you're on. I'm coming for youuuuuu!
Posted Image

#603 wezzul

wezzul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

John Dinglez | Ronald McDonald | TKO Rd. 3 (1:54)

I was pretty sure I was going to lose this one after a while. Wasn't fighting very well, and figured I'd get caught with a couple and get rocked, and then lights out.

WEZ

Edited by wezzul, 06 April 2012 - 02:52 AM.
update

Posted Image

#604 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

John Dinglez | Ronald McDonald | TKO Rd. 3 (1:54)

Confirming post.

I gotta break this recent habit I've been developing of losing fights in the last round.

Video to come.

#605 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

shotgunshine, I should be available this weekend. I may be able to play tonight, or Friday night. If you give me a time, I can try to make it for our fight :)

Just saying, I want to end this streak you're on. I'm coming for youuuuuu!

Sent you a friend request! Im on now but if its too late then we can do it tomorrow. I'll be on tomorrow throughout the day and at night probably around 11:pm ET.

#606 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Had a situation at 6:30 that was similar to a fight I had with kburns (I think), where I threw a back kick that somehow misses, but in this case I was the one taken down. I know it's just the way it's programed, but with how low that kick is, it seems like it should stop those takedown attempts

#607 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

#608 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Devin & Alan: I can schedule our fights pretty much whenever today up until 7:30 P.M. Eastern. If that doesn't work, I can play tomorrow til about 6:30 P.M. Eastern. I have ECHL playoff games to attend both nights, however. I think you both have my number, so if I'm not on and you want to play right away, feel free to text me to check availability.

#609 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hey Matt, I texted you, but jsut want to post here to be safe, I'll be on for some time right \now

#610 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Sorry, Feria. I had some last minute plans and wasen't on. i'll be available most of the afternoon until like 7pm ET. Just send a message here when you want to play.

#611 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Troy Alvarez | Justin Kane | TKO | Round 5 (0:53)

Brutal fight. There was a lot of back and forth. Usually, I do a lot better on the ground game but he really was able to keep my advances at bay there, so I ended up having to exchange with him. His body blows are just devastating, and in the end, did me in. All in all, great fight!
Posted Image

#612 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Troy Alvarez | Justin Kane | TKO | Round 5 (0:53)

Brutal fight. There was a lot of back and forth. Usually, I do a lot better on the ground game but he really was able to keep my advances at bay there, so I ended up having to exchange with him. His body blows are just devastating, and in the end, did me in. All in all, great fight!

This was a fun fight...alot of back and forth...first round I got rocked and it wasen't looking good. I decided to hone in on a body attack since it was a five round fight...it started to pay off in the third round. I was crushed when I missed the kimura attempt.. I was sure I had you...your very good at defending subs...at the end of the fight I briefly thought of a rear naked choke when I took your back...im glad I decided to just punch instead because that would have been foolish to do. Great fight and im sure we'll be having a rematch soon.

Edit: Oh and it is actually is the challenger that has to set up the fights. I couldn't remember but when I won I was announced as the new champion.

#613 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Devin & Alan: I can schedule our fights pretty much whenever today up until 7:30 P.M. Eastern. If that doesn't work, I can play tomorrow til about 6:30 P.M. Eastern. I have ECHL playoff games to attend both nights, however. I think you both have my number, so if I'm not on and you want to play right away, feel free to text me to check availability.

Hey Matt I had to work yesterday and I'm working tonight as well. I can play tomorrow night anytime after 8 PM CST. So just let me know if there's a time that works for you and I'll hop on.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#614 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Ah, then we have to update the main post I think?

*Title fights should be set up by the defending champion and set for a length of 5 ROUNDS

Unless I misunderstood that part.

Either way, good fight and congrats on that win! I hope you recorded it :)
Posted Image

#615 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

#616 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Domingo Ayala | Gail Pennyfeather | TKO | RD 3 (4:33)

Another clinch heavy fight that went into the third. Stamina seemed to play a big part as when Matt seemingly had me in the 2nd, he couldn't punch anymore.

Can't really tell from the video since you cant hear us, but a lot of Matt's sub attempts were accidental lol

#617 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Domingo Ayala | Gail Pennyfeather | TKO | RD 3 (4:33)

Another clinch heavy fight that went into the third. Stamina seemed to play a big part as when Matt seemingly had me in the 2nd, he couldn't punch anymore.

Can't really tell from the video since you cant hear us, but a lot of Matt's sub attempts were accidental lol

LOL...why does it say his name is Blue Corner?

Edit: Just finished watching...entertaining fight. Moojuice, have you always been that good at the clinch? Very nice work. It ended up making the difference in the fight. Matt, i've definitely seen some improvements...even though you didnt win you fought a good fight for the most part. You stayed patient, used your height and reach advantage, and hit some nice body kicks. I would say to mix in some dash punches or push kicks to the body every once in a while

Edited by shotgunshine, 08 April 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#618 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

LOL...why does it say his name is Blue Corner?

Edit: Just finished watching...entertaining fight. Moojuice, have you always been that good at the clinch? Very nice work. It ended up making the difference in the fight. Matt, i've definitely seen some improvements...even though you didnt win you fought a good fight for the most part. You stayed patient, used your height and reach advantage, and hit some nice body kicks. I would say to mix in some dash punches or push kicks to the body every once in a while

Yeah, for the corners, it was weird. Matt also noticed I was "Red Corner" on his game. We think it was because the UFC servers were "down" at the time.When I went in the menus, I noticed Ranked match wasn't an option, but Player was, and it let us fight.

As for the clinch, not a knock against Matt, but he said himself he isn't too experienced with it after our match. I don't really play much UFC outside CAGFC Matches, but it is possible I'm getting better at it too as I've been trying to utilize it more every match. I used to use the crap out of it in the first 2009 UFC league as all my guys were Muay Thai guys.

#619 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Big Business | Tj Taylor | TKO | Rd 3 | 1:46

Good fight! You are definitely holding the title well. I really need to take a day and practice counters and mixing up my blocking.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#620 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Big Business | TJ Taylor | TKO | Round 3 at 1:46

First match was going fine then in the third round it cuts off...those wacky THQ servers. Played again and I was a bit more reckless and not as patient since I just wanted to get the fight over since it messed up the first time. I ended up rocking him in the first but you adjusted pretty well after that... I got hit way more then I should've but ended up getting the W.....good game KBURNS.

#621 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, for the corners, it was weird. Matt also noticed I was "Red Corner" on his game. We think it was because the UFC servers were "down" at the time.When I went in the menus, I noticed Ranked match wasn't an option, but Player was, and it let us fight.

As for the clinch, not a knock against Matt, but he said himself he isn't too experienced with it after our match. I don't really play much UFC outside CAGFC Matches, but it is possible I'm getting better at it too as I've been trying to utilize it more every match. I used to use the crap out of it in the first 2009 UFC league as all my guys were Muay Thai guys.

Damn, your pretty good for not playing that much.
I need to work on the clinch game. Its still kind of akward to me...its hard to hold a position to be able to punch or knee someone. Unless im using it for double underhooks to get a takedown or sometimes i'll try to pin someone on the fence to punch or knee them... then im just trying to get out of it.

#622 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Welterweights be ready, Nick The Grip is coming.

#623 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for the tips, shotgun. Like moojuice, I haven't been playing outside the CAGFC, so I know I still need practice. I'm glad someone is willing to watch the fights and give suggestions.

#624 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Jack Jackson | Matt Young | KO | Round 2

I missed the time sorry. I'll watch the replay here in a little while and edit the post with the time.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#625 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

I believe it was 4:42 of round 2. I was so frustrated with your clinch since I was definitely winning the standup game before you pinned me against the cage and punched the shit out of me. Seems impossible to escape once you're pinned against the cage standing.

#626 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

I believe it was 4:42 of round 2. I was so frustrated with your clinch since I was definitely winning the standup game before you pinned me against the cage and punched the shit out of me. Seems impossible to escape once you're pinned against the cage standing.

Actually, I would say its alot easier then UFC 2010. That was a huge problem and one of the reasons I didn't get crazy into the game as once you were put on the fence it was pretty much game over.

What you want to do here is first try to just transition spam out of it. I dont really like spamming transitions but if someone has the muay thai or collar elbow tie clinch and your against the cage..then thats the time to spam get out of there.

If that doesn't work and there dropping punches/knees on your noggin then block..even with the muay thai clinch you can block and deflect part of it. Also, I dont know if this helps it but I do it and it seems to work... while blocking I hold the left stick up or down and usually after 2-3 hits you'll automatically break off the clinch and circle off the cage.

#627 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Going to try to get my match in with scorch tonight. We tried Monday night but it was really late and we just kept missing each other.

Edit: Sent him two pm's today. Havent heard back. I'll try to stay up as long as I can (no pun intended)

Edited by urmomlikesme, 12 April 2012 - 03:51 AM.

Posted Image

#628 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

I was supposed to play "urmomlikesme" but between his schedule and mine, we just couldn't work out a time Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Go ahead and give him the win and me the loss.. That's what would've happened anyway :P I don't want to hold the brackets up or anything.

#629 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

I was supposed to play "urmomlikesme" but between his schedule and mine, we just couldn't work out a time Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Go ahead and give him the win and me the loss.. That's what would've happened anyway :P I don't want to hold the brackets up or anything.

If you guys can get it done today, feel free. DarkTower and I have been on opposite schedules the past couple days, so we're still trying to get our fight in as well. Since this was a bit of a weird week, as long as it's done by tonight, I'm fine with it.

#630 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

I'll try to get this fight done tonight but I'll be at the bulls/heat game
Posted Image