Photo
- - - - -

UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

• Please log in to reply
1357 replies to this topic

#91 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

I like CAF and As for weight class I like Welterweight, Light Heavy, or Middleweight. I have the game sitting next to me on the couch but I'm way to burnt out from exams earlier today.
Posted Image

#92 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Wow, just looking at a rough count of the people who have expressed interest, we would have at least 13 members already. If everybody actually joins, maybe we could do multiple weight classes to start out. Everybody just continue posting their top 2 weight classes. I'm curious to see if we can start bigger than I originally anticipated.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#93 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

Going to say it again...I LOVE the new submission system. To me, it's a great representation of what actually goes on when trying to lock in a sub. "You go this way. I go this way. You tweak more. I roll back the other way." It's crazy that you almost get a sense of how "tight" something is based on how slow your bar moves/how big your opponent's bar is. I've escaped numerous subs so far just by being very strategic with my movements. So much more tangible than the old system of "Ok...I guess I didn't spin fast enough...or my stamina was too low...or his submission skills were too high...?"

Also, one observation, playing with Heavyweights on simulation stamina is freaking brutal! I played Overeem vs Brock a bunch of times, and it's like the entire fight is in slow motion because it's so easy to rock each other, but then they gas so fast neither can finish. Then, you're both huffing and puffing the rest of the fight. It did make for some very exciting fights in terms of who could gut it out (this was one of the fights I escaped numerous sub attempts in), but it was a little too sluggish for my liking. I tend to think the lower weight classes are more exciting anyway, so I'd probably stay away from Heavyweight this year.

#94 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Also, did anyone who liked the Facebook page to get Alistair Overeem get the code emailed to them? Still haven't got mine yet.

Hm I just got an email with a code for a free box of steroids, I think I got Overeems email by mistake.

#95 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

I tend to think the lower weight classes are more exciting anyway, so I'd probably stay away from Heavyweight this year.

But... Gail Pennyfeather!

I haven't gotten to play much, so I haven't tried the realistic stamina. I'm not sure I'm going to like it even though it's a nice option to include for realism.

How are you guys getting the Overeem codes- just through Facebook?All I got from Amazon was the Ultimate Knockout Artist pack.

#96 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I cannot for the life of me figure how to use my CAF in the game. I created myself in the welterweight class, saved and everything. When I go into Exhibition, I don't see my CAF. I've also checkd the other wight classes just in case.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Posted Image

#97 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

But... Gail Pennyfeather!

I haven't gotten to play much, so I haven't tried the realistic stamina. I'm not sure I'm going to like it even though it's a nice option to include for realism.

How are you guys getting the Overeem codes- just through Facebook?All I got from Amazon was the Ultimate Knockout Artist pack.

Haha, yeah, I know. Simulation stamina is rough, but really it's a smarter way to play. It's just with the heavyweights, they're so damn volatile. They're crushing people's skulls one second and panting like Fatty McGee's the next second. Maybe you could say Pennyfeather wanted to look svelte for his boyfriend and cut to 205, lol.

And yeah, the free Overeem code was through Facebook. That promo is over now though. He's also available to purchase individually, or by buying the Season Pass.

I cannot for the life of me figure how to use my CAF in the game. I created myself in the welterweight class, saved and everything. When I go into Exhibition, I don't see my CAF. I've also checkd the other wight classes just in case.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

I haven't created a CAF yet, but it looks like this year's game sorts the fighters by "location". If you press left/right on the d-pad during fighter select, it basically scrolls through UFC/Pride/DLC. Maybe you CAF is stored on the DLC page...or maybe even its own page after that.

#98 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

^Jebus!!! Didn't even think of that. Will try later when I get home. Thanks.
Posted Image

#99 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Put me down for welterweight

#100 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Wow, the custom logo and banner options are INSANE this year! I've actually been able to design a "Jew Claw" banner that is probably more offensive than I would have thought possible, lol. Kinda worried that not everybody would understand the joke and I'd end up getting banned from Xbox Live though, lol. Maybe if I just attached them to my CAF for Borat Sagdiyev...who I'll tell everybody right now, will be my Light Heavyweight CAF for use in this league.

#101 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Nate. I guess Mr. Pennyfeather could cut down to light heavyweight if we use that as one of our classes. Anyway, I'm about to put in some more time with the game.

#102 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Updated the OP to reflect the weight class choices that people have made so far. Depending on what kind of balance we get, people may need to be shifted. But at least you can look at the OP and see who has signed up where, and make your choice based on who you want to fight, how much competition there is, etc.

#103 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Nate. I guess Mr. Pennyfeather could cut down to light heavyweight if we use that as one of our classes. Anyway, I'm about to put in some more time with the game.

No problem. I'm telling you, Matt, just imagine the naked wrestling matches Gail Pennyfeather and Borat could have. Wait...no...don't imagine it. Eww...put your pants back on!

#104 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

I rented it, but if I ever get some extra cash, I'll pick it up.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#105 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

LHW for me.

Probably wont get the game till Friday or the weekend.

#106 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

I like the way you think, Nate. Incorporate some Snack Packs into that scenario and we're in business!

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#107 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Anyone wanna play? I'm on now
Posted Image

#108 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Ok. I made my welterweight fighter. Conrad "The Demolition Man" Silva. Online servers are sucking for me. Can't finish one fight.

Edit: whoops forget the stats.
Name: Conrad "The Demolition Man" Silva
Height: 6'3
Weight: 170

Edited by urmomlikesme, 17 February 2012 - 03:38 AM.

Posted Image

#109 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

I tried playing online earlier and kept getting messages stating the server was unavailable. I was eventually able to download a CAF before it went back to the "servers down" message.

#110 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'm pretty terrible at this so far. Not that I was ever that great, but hopefully things start coming back over time.

#111 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

Any you guys watching the free fights on fuel tv? Pretty good. I want this league to start already! I'm so eager to play. Anyone wanna play for fun just add me and tell me you're from cag.
Posted Image

#112 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

I love this game so far. Dominating with GSP. I'll sign up for welterweight fights. I'll make my fighter this weekend.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#113 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

We have this game on demo at our Best Buy store. Every day I go in there to work I want this game more and more. I think I'm gonna break down and buy it tomorrow. I'll try and sign up this weekend for the league.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#114 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ok, I just created a heavyweight fighter

Name: Big "Bad News" Business
Height: 6'4
Weight: 245

#115 kevinthechemist

kevinthechemist

Rhymin' And Stealin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

count me in for LHW.

On a side note, i was so focused on the customization aspect of Career Mode rather than even fighting! I was making custom tattoos left and right and putting them on my fighter and oh boy am i satisfied. I also caved in and bought the Early Access Pack and must have spent two hours just looking at all the different entrances/victory celebrations. This is one of the most in depth characterizations of all the games i've ever played.
Posted Image

#116 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

I caved in and bought the game today. Do I just pick a weight class and create my guy? Any stat distribution rules? I'll play for a bit tonight and wait until tomorrow to create my guy so I can follow all the rules. I'm thinking of making a Heavyweight since that weight class seems to be lacking.

Spoiler

Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#117 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

I'm in too. Put me down for LHW.

#118 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

I caved in and bought the game today. Do I just pick a weight class and create my guy? Any stat distribution rules? I'll play for a bit tonight and wait until tomorrow to create my guy so I can follow all the rules. I'm thinking of making a Heavyweight since that weight class seems to be lacking.

Spoiler

Basically, yes. I would advise you to create your CAGFC fighter from the general "custom > create a fighter" menu rather than through the career mode. In the past, we actually used to require this because of stat limits. But at least initially this year, we're going to use equalized stats, so nobody has to wonder "was it me or was his fighter better than mine?" But at least if you use a non-career CAF, you'll be able to edit him more freely, especially if we have to combine any weight classes...which brings me to my next point.

As far as you making a heavyweight, I'm fine with that. Honestly, I thought the league was more fun with UFC 2009 when we had a champion in each division. But that also comes with the understanding that your division could be small and you might be fighting the same 2-3 guys (or even the same one guy for a little while). It will definitely expand as people are allowed to create 2nd and even 3rd fighters though. You'd just have to be patient in the meantime. It is a great way to create rivalries though.

Nice to see all the activity in here tonight. I'm sure it will pick up as people get a little further into the game and the online servers stabilize.

#119 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

This should be alot of fun once it gets going. It sucks that there isn't a spectator mode. That was one thing I loved about EA MMA.

#120 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

Should there be a seperate thread for those of us who just want help in the career mode only?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png