Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#271 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

So... my order had one backordered game and now I can't cancel the other 3 items in the order. I highly doubt they'll get this game in to fulfill the backorder, so I gave them a call about it. I asked if I could swap it out for something else, but no luck. They also couldn't manually cancel the order. So now I guess I'm only getting b2g1 with this order? I told them on the phone that this was almost a bait and switch. I might just return the games I get if they ever ship.

Same thing happened to me.

#272 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

You'll get the backordered game eventually. Games are traded in all the time and come in and out of stock on the website almost on a daily basis. Don't worry it'll come!

good to know. I put the games I want in a wish list, ill just check that daily and see if I can get what I want.(zelda skyward sword, mario galaxy 2, smash bros, and kirby)

San Diego Padres. New GM. Maybe something different
San Diego Chargers...It's New!! The Chargers are ALIVE!
Portland TrailBlazers 
Vancouver Canucks. Gillis is gone!

#273 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

quick! I need a 4th game to add, so far I want..

Dark Souls
Dead Island
Deus Ex
4th? Possibly Space marine? any tips on good releases this past year?

Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, Gears of War 3 and Saint's Row the Third are all great games that came out this year. For decent games in the $45 range I would say Space Marine, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, or Assassin's Creed Revelations.

#274 cman

cman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

quick! I need a 4th game to add, so far I want..

Dark Souls
Dead Island
Deus Ex
4th? Possibly Space marine? any tips on good releases this past year?

I'd also recommend Yakuza 4 and Record of Agarest War Zero. Get the former if you like open world action brawler games and get the latter if you like strategic rpg games.

#275 mbergh22

mbergh22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

I was hoping for SWFU2 used but its not available for shipping or in any stores near me. sad/

#276 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

i went to best buy but got nothing. The selection was too crappy except for dark souls and i can wait for that.

#277 streamako

streamako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Well I picked up my games and 3 were complete but one (inFAMOUS) wasn't. Is it possible for me to just exchange it for another game?

#278 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Does anyone know how accurate the site is/ how often it is updated? I realize store stock isn't updated in real time (on the site), but is it daily/weekly? Is it a whole lot better to actually go in the store and see?

#279 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone know how accurate the site is/ how often it is updated? I realize store stock isn't updated in real time (on the site), but is it daily/weekly? Is it a whole lot better to actually go in the store and see?

Daily but I can not remember the time it is updated and yes it is definitely better to go in store and see what they have unless it is available for shipping and you want it shipped. I have had lots of store pick up orders get back ordered because their stock was not updated and it has even happened to some of my online orders as well (Transformers copy should be available 21st which is a whole month afterwards).

#280 cman

cman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

good to know. I put the games I want in a wish list, ill just check that daily and see if I can get what I want.(zelda skyward sword, mario galaxy 2, smash bros, and kirby)

Well, while it is true that stock can and will fluctuate, you might be pressing your luck expecting to find the titles you just mentioned. Those are AAA, coveted, first party Nintendo titles. I don't think I have ever come across used copies of those titles in the multiple Best Buy stores I visited previously.

#281 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Daily but I can not remember the time it is updated and yes it is definitely better to go in store and see what they have unless it is available for shipping and you want it shipped. I have had lots of store pick up orders get back ordered because their stock was not updated and it has even happened to some of my online orders as well (Transformers copy should be available 21st which is a whole month afterwards).

Thanks. Are they cool with buying 2 at one store, then finding two more at another and "returning" the first 2 so they can be bought at the same time for the deal? I've done that plenty of times at Gamestop, and just wondered if BB was the same.

#282 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Thanks. Are they cool with buying 2 at one store, then finding two more at another and "returning" the first 2 so they can be bought at the same time for the deal? I've done that plenty of times at Gamestop, and just wondered if BB was the same.

That is YMMV as some stores will and others will accept the return but not allow you to rebuy it (at least at that time, maybe if it was on the shelf another day).

#283 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

That is YMMV as some stores will and others will accept the return but not allow you to rebuy it (at least at that time, maybe if it was on the shelf another day).

This is the kind of thing that I hope Best Buy incorporates. In terms of buying USED games, Gamestop is much easier to deal with customer service/return-wise.

#284 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Don't those cost an extra 4-5 bucks to activate, though? My best advice, if you have $200 in Target cards, buy 4 $50 Kindle cards, and call it a day. Money just goes further at Amazon, especially if you're on the no tax/shipping train.

yeah, it's $4-$5 but with the visa you can pay stuff like bills too AMZ doens't have a PECO payment plan or Allstate insurance plan. Even shopping at BB I make out better than at AMZ 90% of the time

#285 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

Target has sucked for the past year or so except for that b1g1 free glitch a few months back
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#286 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

I'm at BB right now and the CSR said used games have the same retun policy as new games. 30 days with receipt

#287 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

that's 30 days with receipt if you havn't opened the game. same as new games.
so what happens if you open the game and it doesn't work? you are screwed.
i hate gamestop, but their used game return policy is fantastic compared to this "cross your fingers" policy. but then again, bestbuy is 'new' to selling used games.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#288 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

that's 30 days with receipt if you havn't opened the game. same as new games.
so what happens if you open the game and it doesn't work? you are screwed.
i hate gamestop, but their used game return policy is fantastic compared to this "cross your fingers" policy. but then again, bestbuy is 'new' to selling used games.

I'm sure that if your game didn't work they would replace it.

#289 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

nevermind

#290 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Ok so when I ordered God of War 3 it was in stock at my store but when it came time to get my order ready it was out of stock, and it isn't available to ship. So does it just become backordered or can I switch it to a different game?

Formerly known as slickkill77

#291 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

nevermind

Nevermind the nevermind :)

#292 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

The one thing I wish they would do online though is stop including games that have not even released yet...No Darkess II or Spec Ops the Line used? Well dammit I want my used game from the future NOW!

#293 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

yeah they will let you replace it probly for the same game, but that's if you are lucky and they have that same game used in your store. very ymmv

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#294 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

I told them on the phone that this was almost a bait and switch. I might just return the games I get if they ever ship.

I don't think I've ever seen a term as incorrectly used as often as here at CAG. I don't think that in the hundreds of times that I've seen it thrown around, has it ever been an actual bait and switch. It annoys the shit out of me.

#295 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

completed order of the following:
Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Deux Ex (360)
Uncharted 3 (Ps3)
GTA 4 complete (PS3)

wanted Saints Row 3 and Skyrim but both went out of stock for shipping or any store anywhere near me. BB still has a lot of work to do, but good sale, got each of the listed games for about $23.50 each after tax. Not bad at all as long as they show up.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#296 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

Got the following order all for pickup at my local store.
Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3)
God of War 3 (PS3)
NFS:Hot Pursuit (PS3) - already have online code entered in on PS3
Resident Evil 5

Total was 36.23 after tax = 9.06 per game. I am happy with it.

Might also pick up
Uncharted 3
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Dead Island

Total 85.84 = 21.46 each (I could use my 100 reward zone GC from the 5/100 deal)

Of course I would have to add 15 dollars more worth of stuff to not lose the additional value.

#297 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

Just realized I had a $30 rewards zone cert. that just cleared so I am going to do a return and rebuy at the store tomorrow to get the out of pocket cost down to 6.23

YAY!!!!

#298 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

Still waiting for The Darkness and Crackdown 2 to come back in stock. -______-

#299 halofreak64

halofreak64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

suprised not alot of people at my store picked up any games was able to get skyrim, dead island, resistance 3, and uncharted 3. not bad came to 20 a game after gamers club.

#300 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

I went to BB do buy my games since I wanted to check to make sure they had the cover art and manual. I get up to the register and notice that my 10% GU did not kick in since I'm buying used games. I had tried to place an order online and it did. The guy tells me you can't double dip in the store. So I left with no games and will try to order online. I should get the exact games I had in my hand at the store as they only had one copy of each game.