Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#301 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:07 AM

yeah they will let you replace it probly for the same game, but that's if you are lucky and they have that same game used in your store. very ymmv

If they don't have the same game instock they have to give you store credit for what you bought.

Used games have the same defective return policy as new. If it doesn't work, bring it back to the store or send it back online. You'll either get it replaced with the same game or get a credit.

BTW, all discs are resurfaced so the likelihood of getting a defective game is very low.

#302 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

I ordered 4 games and already received a backordered email from BB for Batman AA for PS3.

Since this was a game I paid for (2 others were listed as free) what are they going to do if they don't have this game?

Can I pick a similar priced game?

Or if I cancel the order for this game, does it affect the price for the 2 free games?

Any thoughts?

#303 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

If they don't have the same game instock they have to give you store credit for what you bought.

Used games have the same defective return policy as new. If it doesn't work, bring it back to the store or send it back online. You'll either get it replaced with the same game or get a credit.

BTW, all discs are resurfaced so the likelihood of getting a defective game is very low.

How do you know how much you will get back when 2 are at full used price and 2 are free. The obvious answer is total/4, but that does not really make sense either because if you bought games of different values, you could receive back more than you paid.

#304 SirSniffy

SirSniffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:41 AM

Once again I am reminded of why I don't go to Best Buy for ANYTHING. Everything I would want is 'Not Available for Shipping'.

Figures, every time BB has a sale on games, none of the BB stores in NYC ever have any of the deals going.

Much like it's fat ugly older sister Gamestop, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DEAL AT BEST BUY! (sorry guys, I had to say it, lol!)

#305 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

No such thing as a sale at Best Buy huh? My christmas stash says otherwise.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#306 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

Exactly BB has actually had some of the best deals over the past couple of months. I hope they keep 'em coming!

#307 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

Do Best Buy stores carry used PS2 games?

#308 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:13 AM

There is a chance if you return one of the games the was purchased from the B2G2 that is a paid game you would get the full credit amount back. This happened to me when the B2G1 glitch happened with Kinect disneyland and 2x Skyrim CE. I eventually returned one of the CE figuring that I would get back half of the price (75.00) but they game me the whole 158.99 back so I kept the other CE for free.

#309 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

I tried really hard to qualify for the deal but after browsing over 800 games (between PS3 and PSP) twice I just couldn't find 4 games. Pushing it I could get to 3, with The Orange Box, Madden 11, and Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core. Oh well :(.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#310 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

+1
Absolutely and I was able to buy few more on this B2G2 sale, so thank you Best Buy

#311 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Man this is a great deal but most of the games that I want are not instore for me. Oh well guess It saves me from adding 8 games to my backlog haha

#312 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Picked up 4 games in store and I noticed my 10% GCU discount DOES NOT stack with the B2G2 promo.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#313 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

I couldnt even find games i wanted in my price range let alone continue on to see if any stores had them
Posted Image

#314 piercey

piercey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

B2G2? I'm in. Thanks OP!
From a couch in North Dakota
PSN: pierceythepilot XBL: piercey18
trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=221708

#315 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

Picked up 4 games in store and I noticed my 10% GCU discount DOES NOT stack with the B2G2 promo.

Exactly what happened to me. I went home and ordered online to get the GCU discount.

#316 ArecxP

ArecxP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

I got

Alice: Madness Returns
Left 4 Dead 2
Gears of War Triple Pack
Infamous

Was only interested in Alice so I traded in the other 3 to GS. Basically paid 7$ for Alice so I'm happy with that :)

#317 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

dead island drop down to 34.99 for pre owned and available for shipping

#318 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

Exactly what happened to me. I went home and ordered online to get the GCU discount.

crap i wasn't aware that you could do that. hmm... that's $8 I lost out on though. not sure if it's worth the trouble with CS now. ah fudge.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#319 SOLUSDEATH

SOLUSDEATH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

Do Best Buy stores carry used PS2 games?

Mine did in Southern California, ended up getting:

Silent Hill Homecoming(PS3) $17.99
Wet(PS3) $7.99
Sly Cooper 1(PS2) $4.99
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction(PS2) $7.99

Total: $28.25

#320 SOLUSDEATH

SOLUSDEATH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

wow you did not take advantage of the deal at all ... why would you get a 17.99 game and mix that with a 4.99?

you are supposed to stay in the same range with the games ...

like I got 4 games for $10.56 because they were all 4.99 and then got another set for $33 which were all 17.99 games

yea I understand you wanted the game but ... dude .. you could have gotten a steal.. instead you got a very ok deal especially because they were ps2 games

You should have seen the crappy selection they had at my Best Buy. Not gonna pay $30 for a used copy of Yakuza 4, most PS3 games were crap games like madden 08, over priced, or games I've already played/own.

"you are supposed to..." Screw you! I bought games I wanted, not games I'm gonna flip or trade. Sly 1 is the only Sly game I really like, Mercenaries Is a game I wanted for a while, Homecoming a game I wanted to play, and Wet another game I wanted to play.
Don't go and say "supposed to" I tried...and stayed within the price range I was willing to spend.

#321 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Targets clearance more then makes up for their weak ads though, so I find it hard to be too harsh with them.

Posted Image

#322 piercey

piercey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

"you are supposed to..." Screw you! I bought games I wanted, not games I'm gonna flip or trade. Sly 1 is the only Sly game I really like, Mercenaries Is a game I wanted for a while, Homecoming a game I wanted to play, and Wet another game I wanted to play.
Don't go and say "supposed to" I tried...and stayed within the price range I was willing to spend.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

The last bit is the only one that matters, tbh. Happy gaming.
From a couch in North Dakota
PSN: pierceythepilot XBL: piercey18
trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=221708

#323 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

I really want to take advantage of this deal but many of the cheap games are not available for shipping and are not instock at my BBY.

But I'm confused shouldn't all games have the option to ship to store if I so choose? Only Bionic Commando let me do that so far.

#324 Os Money

Os Money

CAGaholic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

You should have seen the crappy selection they had at my Best Buy. Not gonna pay $30 for a used copy of Yakuza 4, most PS3 games were crap games like madden 08, over priced, or games I've already played/own.

the price stickers are almost always wrong. they never update them

#325 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

This past week, Target had quite a few "Temporary Price Drops" on some games that weren't advertised in my area. Maybe more of those?

Same at the Target I visited. Witcher 2 was $29.99, and some other console games were on sale too.

#326 hydro033

hydro033

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

I want to get Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns. However, I do not want any other games. Does anyone want only 2 games and we can split the deal? Dividing the costs appropriately? If so, message me or reply to this thread. Preferably message me.

#327 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

I went to BB do buy my games since I wanted to check to make sure they had the cover art and manual. I get up to the register and notice that my 10% GU did not kick in since I'm buying used games. I had tried to place an order online and it did. The guy tells me you can't double dip in the store. So I left with no games and will try to order online. I should get the exact games I had in my hand at the store as they only had one copy of each game.

FYI: You could've used one of the in-store customer kiosks while still in the store to place the order, then just went and looked around while they got the order ready for you.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#328 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

So I went to the Gamestop nearby to see if I could get The Orange Box for $10 dollars more than Best Buy (but using gift cards) and I walked out with Madden 11 for $13.99. I get home and on a whim enter the online pass code... and it works! :hot:

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#329 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

I bought :ps3: Rango online and had it shipped to my local store. It was on its way to the store then it got delayed...nooooooooooo </>Darth Vader<>

#330 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

I bought Rango before Christmas as used, I got a new copy instead (with preowned sticker on it). It came with the movie cash or something... I had fun playing for the platinum trophy, relaxing :) It's the only game I actually unlocked all of the trophies on the hardest difficulty :lol: If you like Ratchet and Clank, Rango is an inferior clone, it's not a bad game for under $10.

Oh, I forgot to post this, got it from the PSV forum.

https://www.bestbuyr...uary_Coupon.pdf