Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#331 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Damn, now that's tempting. After the mistake I made buying the original PSP at launch, I wonder if I should wait on it to lower.

OT: Still waiting for games to come back in stock. -_-

#332 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

No word yet from East Coasters about if the B2G2 is glitched?

Did we confirm that there is no glitch yet?

#333 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

I doubt anyone will say if it is glitched. Once word gets out, everybody from SD starts to horde or break the golden rule of not calling the store to confirm.

#334 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Did we confirm that there is no glitch yet?

I tried online soon as the sale went live yesterday morning and nothing. I tried cheap games first, cheap games last and cheap games sandwiching the expensive games and nothing.:cry:

But I didn't try in store as of yet. If there is a glitch, then it may be possible that people are trying it and keeping tight lipped about it.:-# I know during the B2G1 on new games people were absolutely mum about it till AFTER the sale was over.:bomb:

EDIT: There is some talk about a possible glitch over on SD, but as expected the person who first mentioned it is NOT elaborating.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#335 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

I tried online soon as the sale went live yesterday morning and nothing. I tried cheap games first, cheap games last and cheap games sandwiching the expensive games and nothing.:cry:

But I didn't try in store as of yet. If there is a glitch, then it may be possible that people are trying it and keeping tight lipped about it.:-# I know during the B2G1 on new games people were absolutely mum about it till AFTER the sale was over.:bomb:

EDIT: There is some talk about a possible glitch over on SD, but as expected the person who first mentioned it is NOT elaborating.:roll:

I'm heading over there now. Any idea what combination I should use?

#336 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

went in yesterday and tried to see if there was a glitch with the B2G2 used. as far as i know, there isnt. but only tried ringing it up with the two cheapest games first, then the more expensive ones last. it still rang up the cheapest ones as free, so far as i know there's no glitch. but hey, might take a certain combination.

#337 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

yeah i went in yesterday and the gaming supervisor said wow i knew i would be seeing you today, you can't pass up b2g2. i told him, well, i probly don't need anything. and after looking, yeah nothing i wanted. ill try to go in and check out if a glitch is around. wasnt last time it had to be under 39.99? or was that a coupon thing, idk. i got the glitch to work with 2 $30 games and $35 acr was free. this was black friday night tho.

also he was like dude where are you trading your games in now cuz i havnt seen you in a long time. and this supervisor saw me there last week trading in my space marines, so idk, and i told him i was there yesterday to take advantage of +50%/60% before it ran out but that their tivs were so low that even with bonuses iv been sending stuff to amazon/others. oh wellz

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#338 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Went again and got
Darksiders
Mercenaries 2
Fable 2
Crackdown 2
For $13 pick up in store that's in the parking lot next to my school. WIN.

#339 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

Nearest Best Buy is about 80 miles away, but was still able to have a boatload of cheap games sent to my house for shipping. It took a while to sort though it all though, I wish their website had an option to filter items that cannot be shipped.

#340 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Went by my local Best Buy. They didn't have much at all. Shovelware games for Wii/DS, Pilotwings on 3DS, and not much for either PS3/360. Oh well.

#341 jjhearn

jjhearn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

I went in and got in on the B2G2 and also purchased the Gamer Unlocked sub. I didn't get any paperwork at all with my purchase, and it also says I need to activate it online. I can not find where to do this.

Can anyone help me?

#342 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Has anyone picked up a free copy of Medal of Honor this month? It is 14.99 online and there is a 15 off coupon in the magazine. I know this is old news but has it worked at the store for anyone?

#343 nateypoo

nateypoo

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

LA Noire
Batman Arkum City
UFC 2010
Resident Evil 5
Hoping I could flip these

#344 mathyou

mathyou

Fart berries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Buy 1, get 2 free? I ordered online last night and despite three titles being ready for pickup (CoD: MW 3, Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3), they still haven't mentioned Rocksmith being ready, which was a title I actually paid for. I wonder of I pick up these three and RS doesn't come in stock if it will nullify the deal on the back end?

#345 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Has anyone picked up a free copy of Medal of Honor this month? It is 14.99 online and there is a 15 off coupon in the magazine. I know this is old news but has it worked at the store for anyone?

Ummmm you do know that is the used price right ? The coupon only works on new copys. Sigh .... I remember when I was a cag in training. Don't worry you will catch on quick :)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#346 cman

cman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLUSDEATH Posted Image
"you are supposed to..." Screw you! I bought games I wanted, not games I'm gonna flip or trade. Sly 1 is the only Sly game I really like, Mercenaries Is a game I wanted for a while, Homecoming a game I wanted to play, and Wet another game I wanted to play.
Don't go and say "supposed to" I tried...and stayed within the price range I was willing to spend.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

The last bit is the only one that matters, tbh. Happy gaming.

Amen to that. No matter how good you think a deal is, there will almost always be a better one out there. You can drive yourself crazy trying to get the "best" deal during a sale or trying to maximize value on a B2G1 or B2G2 purchase. What's most important is that you get a set of games you like at the price you like at the time you like.

#347 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

My bad I didn't look at the coupon very well. I knew there were a few pre-owned item coupons in this months magazine.

#348 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

I got the dreaded "backordered" for one game on my order. How should I resolve this with Customer Service? Should I ask for a GC or have a list of replacements ready? This actually happened for two of my orders. Anyone dealt with this before that has an easy solution? I'm not angry or anything so I don't plan on being a dick when I call, I just want to be prepared.

#349 fueledbytrueman

fueledbytrueman

Throw some D's on it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

So this should be interesting. I ordered 2 BF3's, Shadows of the Damned and Skyrim yesterday for ship to store. Today I got an email saying 3 BF's are being sent, with no mention of Shadows. Skyrim's on backorder, so I'm not worried about that one (for now).

#350 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

I went in and got in on the B2G2 and also purchased the Gamer Unlocked sub. I didn't get any paperwork at all with my purchase, and it also says I need to activate it online. I can not find where to do this.

Can anyone help me?

To get the unlocked, make sure they scan your rewards zone card or have it in the transaction and scan the bar code on the phamplet that advertises the magazine and unlocked on it. My cashier scanned a bar code that they stuck on the register (which was probably old - just the subscription and predates the unlocked program)

Have them do a return and rebuy or exchange with the correct magazine/unlocked bar code if you have the receipt.

#351 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

I got the dreaded "backordered" for one game on my order. How should I resolve this with Customer Service? Should I ask for a GC or have a list of replacements ready? This actually happened for two of my orders. Anyone dealt with this before that has an easy solution? I'm not angry or anything so I don't plan on being a dick when I call, I just want to be prepared.

Ask for a gift card?? Are you serious?

Either just accept the backorder and continue to wait or cancel the freaking order. Stop trying to get free shit.

That's not even REMOTELY what I was asking. And where did you get "free shit" from? Thanks for trying though...

I ordered 4 games Sunday morning and Monday evening I get a "backordered" email on ONE GAME. My question is for people that have gone through similar situations during these promos. Do I get compensation on the promo or do I find an in-stock replacement? In other words, do I get fucked out of the promo because of this mistake or will they work with me?

Edited by p-spiddy, 10 January 2012 - 12:42 AM.
clarity

#352 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

Got
New Super Mario bros-wii
Mario Galaxy 2
Smash Bros Brawl
Sin and Punishment

80 oop

#353 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

I'm heading over there now. Any idea what combination I should use?

I tried the cheapest two first and the more expensive ones in the third and fourth slots this afternoon. I had the following in the transaction.

:ps3:Socom Confrontation
:ps3:Two Worlds 2
:ps3:Crysis 2
:ps3:Black Ops

The total was like $70-80 something after he hit total finally(meaning that the prices from the website for BLOPS($39.99) n Crysis 2($29.99) didn't apply in store:roll:). So I used the old 'forgot my wallet' routine n left.:razz:

Posted Image

#354 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

I tried the cheapest two first and the more expensive ones in the third and fourth slots this afternoon. I had the following in the transaction.

:ps3:Socom Confrontation
:ps3:Two Worlds 2
:ps3:Crysis 2
:ps3:Black Ops

The total was like $70-80 something after he hit total finally(meaning that the prices from the website for BLOPS($39.99) n Crysis 2($29.99) didn't apply in store:roll:). So I used the old 'forgot my wallet' routine n left.:razz:

Damn. I tried the 2 most expensive first then the 2 least expensive. When nothing out of the ordinary happened like yesterday I didn't get my GCU 10% so I said NVM.

#355 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

anyone tried

1st. Gears of war 3 39.99
2nd. Gears of war 3 39.99
3rd. < 39.99 game
4th. < 39.99 game

hit total
then oops, I have these 2 GoW3 q's to scan?

hoping best out come would be 2x GoW3 for 15.99 each and 2 other free games.

#356 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

anyone tried

3rd. < 39.99 game
4th. < 39.99 game

hit total

No. But I was tempted to whip out my Black Ops and Crysis 2 coupons and hope they'd scan them after hitting total to see if the coupons would take $15 and $20 off respectively.:D

If those had worked in conjunction with the B2G2, I mighta considered dropped $40 bones or so on all four games.;)

Posted Image

#357 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

anyone tried

3rd. < 39.99 game
4th. < 39.99 game

hit total

With the @gamer coupon, GOW3 used rings out at $17.xx if you are unlocked. Just saying that's a nice price separately.

#358 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:52 AM

With the @gamer coupon, GOW3 used rings out at $17.xx if you are unlocked. Just saying that's a nice price separately.

Yup. Did that last week after passing on Black Friday for $28. Good game and well worth it.

I have
Resistance
Watchmen
Conan
and Star Wars the Force Unleashed Sitting in my cart but can't decide if I want to pull the trigger. It will be just under $20 but don't know if it's worth it just to add to my backlog.

Anyone played Resistance? Is it any good?

Edited by mrclutch, 10 January 2012 - 04:02 AM.

#359 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

My best buy has quite a few used games. I'm guessing they are trying to clear them out as they make it so easy to trade in games and get a store credit on a gift card

#360 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

This past week, Target had quite a few "Temporary Price Drops" on some games that weren't advertised in my area. Maybe more of those?

The only notable TPDs I saw today were :ps3: Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition for $20 and :ps3: Resistance 3 for $40.