Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/8/11 to 1/14/11)

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#361 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

This would be a much better deal if they had anything worth a damn in stock. My stores selection outside of gears 3 is terrible.

#362 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Best Buy In Trouble
http://money.msn.com...ail-forbes.aspx

#363 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

Best Buy In Trouble
http://money.msn.com...ail-forbes.aspx

Does this biased poorly written article have to be posted in every best buy thread? Is that a new rule?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#364 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

Does this biased poorly written article have to be posted in every best buy thread? Is that a new rule?

Every thread. This article was posted today at 3:18 PST. Has it been posted in every BB thread

#365 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

Anyone have success in gettting online prices matched in store while doing B2G2?

#366 nateypoo

nateypoo

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

Anyone have success in gettting online prices matched in store while doing B2G2?

The prices are the same now that I've checked on what I bought in store.

I wonder what the return policy is on returning the free games?

#367 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

Every thread. This article was posted today at 3:18 PST. Has it been posted in every BB thread

It's a reprint of another article.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#368 burger96

burger96

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Why would you even want that? With the cashback sites and the store pickup option, it'll end up cheaper doing the transaction online regardless. And i was able to pickup up from different stores, in case you were wondering.

#369 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

Why would you even want that? With the cashback sites and the store pickup option, it'll end up cheaper doing the transaction online regardless. And i was able to pickup up from different stores, in case you were wondering.

Did that the first time around and didn't wanna deal with the hassle. Plus they had GTA 4 as 10. What are these cashback sites you speak of?

#370 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Target does sell Amazon cards. Pick up Kindle Cards, $25 or 50. Right next to the kindles. I agree that their video game pricing is wack recently.

Sweet, I am there. Thanks for the heads up!

Don't those cost an extra 4-5 bucks to activate, though? My best advice, if you have $200 in Target cards, buy 4 $50 Kindle cards, and call it a day. Money just goes further at Amazon, especially if you're on the no tax/shipping train.

Agreed, those pre-paid credit cards are the biggest scam going today. Combine the 5 bucks with the average couple of dollars that people wind up not spending on those cards and the banks are making an absolute killing off of them. I had to stop buy CVS on Christmas to buy some sour cream and the lady in front of me purchased 10 of those pre paid 50 dollar cards. Thats 50 bucks she just threw out the window. Its convenient being able to spend them anywhere someone wants, unlike gift cards that have to be spent at a particular store, but I just have a really hard time stomaching a 10% fee simply to spend money.

Edited by Righteous Nixon, 10 January 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#371 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

Picked up Rango today. Game is complete and doesn't look like it was played much. Should have some fun with this game with my nephew.

#372 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

Did that the first time around and didn't wanna deal with the hassle. Plus they had GTA 4 as 10. What are these cashback sites you speak of?

There are quite a few of them now. Last I looked it was over 30 different sites. Just go to cashbackaholic.com to find the best cashback percentage per store. I only have expereince with a few of them including Fatwallet, eBates, Mr.Rebates, and CouponCactus. I tend to stick with those even if a competitor has a slightly higher cashback rate as spreading yourself out among too many cashback sites would be a pain to keep track of. I have never had a problem getting my cash from the sites I use.

Some of them have sign up bonuses going on. I know Mr.Rebates has a 5 dollar sign up bonus, CouponCactus has a 3 dollar sign up bonus and Sunshine has a 2 dollar sign up bonus. Anyways you should start using these sites immediatly, especially if you do a lot of shopping online. It may only be a few percent here and a few percent there but it all adds up fast, especially during some of the 2x cashback promotions. I personally have accumulated over 10k in cashback payments over the last 2-3 years.

I am still mourning the loss of Bing cashback as they easily had the best cashback rates out there. They were on average double what you find on other cashback sites. I will forever miss the 15% ExOfficio and 10% Patagonia cashback rates especially during the 2x cashback promotions. I remember one order in particular that I placed from Ex Officio during the 4th of July weekend a few years back. Bing was having a 2x cashback promotion, which made it 30% cashback, and ExOfficio was having their 4th of July sale, which happened to be one of the best sales I have seen yet from them. I picked up like 1500 dollars worth of clothing for like 200 bucks. Then I turned around and did the same thing at Patagonia as they too were having a 4th of July sale and the 2x Cashback made it 20% cashback. Ah, the Bing cashback memories.

#373 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

why is everything back in stock? is this some trick to get into their back order scam
Posted Image

#374 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Anybody else get a shipping notice yet? Just curious to see how backed up they are because of this deal...

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#375 bushdog

bushdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Anybody else get a shipping notice yet? Just curious to see how backed up they are because of this deal...

Well, it is only Tuesday. I ordered (4 orders of 4 games) on Sunday at like 7 am, and 0 has shipped.

#376 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

My order was Sunday at around 6:30 am central time and it hasn't shipped.

#377 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I went in and got in on the B2G2 and also purchased the Gamer Unlocked sub. I didn't get any paperwork at all with my purchase, and it also says I need to activate it online. I can not find where to do this.

Can anyone help me?

Go to www.myrewardzone.com On the right hand side of the page there is an "activate now" section.

Should be a Reward Zone member number on your receipt. You'll need that to activate.

#378 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

My order was Sunday at around 6:30 am central time and it hasn't shipped.

Don't believe the distribution center is open on Sundays. Should start seeing shipments moving yesterday and I'm guessing today.

#379 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Ugg I need help.

I decided on 4 more cheapo games.

Pure
Project Gotham Racing 4
UFC 2009
Alone in the Dark (which I remember being horrible when i rented it 4 years ago)

All for $9.44

At $2.36/game I thought there was not much risk but I may never get to them. I should just save my credit for the big games this year but building my backlog has become sort of a hobby in itself.

#380 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

None of my games have shipped

#381 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

At $2.36/game I thought there was not much risk but I may never get to them. I should just save my credit for the big games this year but building my backlog has become sort of a hobby in itself.

This is exactly why I resisted this buy 2 get 2 deal. It sounds great but theres nothing I'm really wanting to pay current prices for much less 4 titles I'm ready to add to the backlog. I'd be buying them just to shelve them behind the other games I haven't had time to play.

#382 gb2003

gb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Awesome, I picked up PS3 just to be safe in terms of quality:
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2
Heavenly Sword
Mass Effect 2 x 2
God of War 3 x 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

#383 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Ended up getting

Deus ex 360
Dead island ps3
Dead island 360
Gears 3

Did you try slipping the coupon in there for Gears 3?

#384 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

on the website there are a few games listed as coming soon. anyone have any idea when these will be available

#385 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

I just talked to a CSR about my backordered items. She told me that this isn't like Black Friday where they will outright cancel an item after 30 days. She said that if my items become unavailable for some reason then I will get an email with the option to replace my items for comparable items and the B2G2 will still be in effect.

on the website there are a few games listed as coming soon. anyone have any idea when these will be available

The CSR I talked to also told me that the coming soon items will be available as soon as someone trades them in or as soon as they get them in bulk at the outlet center. The former will be YMMV in-store pick up and the latter will be shipped directly to your address.

#386 BARTstation

BARTstation

Only 1 shade of gray

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

Yeah I picked up a couple of the games, but still processing. How is streamlite's services?

xn5fft.jpg

#387 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yeah I picked up a couple of the games, but still processing. How is streamlite's services?

Hit or miss. Some people get their games relatively fast but sometime is can take forever (1-2 weeks). Not the best service but free is free I guess. I don't fret about it since I usually order stuff that I do not need right away.

#388 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

My stuff finally shipped!

#389 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

My stuff finally shipped!

Mine did too, sans the one backordered copy of Izuna. I swear if they cancel it, I'll be pretty pissed.

#390 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

I need opinions on this deal since people on here are more aware of cheap deals than I am.

L.A. Noire
Dead Island
Portal 2
Fallout 3 GOTY

All for about $60...

Opinions??